rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's your "Magic Number"?

The Magic Number

I am sure a person in sales would be offended if you told him that what he does is just a numbers game. Sales, as in seduction is both a numbers game and a skill.

What is a magic number

A magic number is how many women you have to contact before you find one who has interest in you based solely on your presence.

Attractive Presence / 1st Impression

- confident approach
- confident body language & posture
- confident eye contact
- looks: clothes, grooming, body
- smile, vibe, glow

What is your magic number

A guy with no confidence, bad posture and no style and could have a magic number as high as 100. Meaning he would have contact 100 women to get one good lead. This is an extreme example but still even with a few minor tweaks to his presence he could easily reduce that number to 1 in 50.

Why its good to know your magic number

What if you knew with 100% certainty that if you approached ten women you would go home with one of them. I think you would be really excited to start approaching ten women.

Having a magic number is helpful because no matter what happens with the other women you approach you know that once you reach your magic number you will have one really good lead. Because you have the seduction skills to turn good leads into closes this is really good news. This makes any rejection you get while working up to your magic number irrelevant.

It’s important to keep good records so you can figure out your magic number. Once you have your magic number you can work on reducing it. You do this by improving your overall presence and first impression.

Reward Rejection

Some managers actually reward their sales people with money for every NO that they get. Each NO gets you closer to a yes.

^ The above is from "60 Years of Challenge". I really like this Magic Number concept.

So for the guys here - what is your "magic number". How many approaches do you need before you get a lay? And are there tangible ways to keep this number below without dumpster diving?

I think you would have to keep a spreadsheet for at least a year to determine what your true number was because you're going to have hot and cold streaks.

I have gotten 3 bangs in my last 18 approaches http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-14067.html which is 1 bang for 6 approaches, which is great, but I'm interpreting that as a hot streak that is unlikely to be sustained.

A beginner might require 70-100 approaches.

I think a player of decent skill should be able to bang 1 girl for each 50 approaches. Since you should be doing 50 approaches a month at least that's one new notch a month which is very respectable.

A player with good skill can probably bang 1 girl per 25 approaches over the long term. I suspect I'm at this level.

One bang for every 10 or less approaches is advanced game.

Of course, the environment you're working in and your minimum standards are going to have a huge effect on your conversion ratio.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

I'm not at all hating on you guys, but I always thought the point of chasing pussy was to have fun and live life. I have no idea how many women I've banged, or flags. Putting numbers on it is like a scientific experiment. There's no fun in that.

Here's an experiment, and I'm being serious. Forget all the numbers game. Let loose and just talk to bishes. You either get a close or not. Watch the movie Men Who Stare at Goats.

Count the percentages on the blackjack table, and stop worrying about it with pussy. That might be fucking up some of your guys game. I think it's bad mojo.

Approach every girl that catches your eye, as long as the situation permits it. You'd be surprised how many girls secretly crave you to talk to them. A simple "hello" or "hey how's it going" is all that's needed. You'll be able to gauge right off the bat her level of interest by her receptiveness to you.

Are you an accountant?

Quote: (07-20-2012 09:40 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Are you an accountant?

Need your taxes done?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Again with the numbers with you. This is making you feel like game is work. It does take work to get better, but enjoying it makes it less like work. Stop focusing on the numbers and be in the moment with these girls.

Quote: (07-18-2012 10:13 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I'm not at all hating on you guys, but I always thought the point of chasing pussy was to have fun and live life. I have no idea how many women I've banged, or flags. Putting numbers on it is like a scientific experiment. There's no fun in that.
Ya, when I play ping pong, I usually just rally for a half hour. It's the sport that I'm into, not the number.

But then when we do use numbers, that does add intensity to the sport, don't you think? At some point in the play I enjoy numbers.

I think it is good to approach a lot of girls. One thing for sure is that the more girls I approach the more likely it is to I'll meet someone that I click with and get laid. I don't think there is a magic number it varies according to a lot of variables. If I want to bang 8s, they are harder to find and I'll have to go through a lot more of them, than I would if I was banging 5s.

Roosh compares countries by number of girls you need to approach to get laid. This is just an scale of how easy it is to get laid.

Just as within sales, knowing your market is probably more important than sheer numbers of approaches alone. If I go to the wrong venue, I can approach a 100 and nothing will happen. If I go to correct venue where they want guys like me, my number to hook up can be really low. The secret is knowing your market and work it efficiently!

Here's an experiment, and I'm being serious. Forget all the numbers game. Let loose and just talk to bishes. You either get a close or not. Watch the movie Men Who Stare at Goats.

Count the percentages on the blackjack table, and stop worrying about it with pussy. That might be fucking up some of your guys game. I think it's bad mojo.

"Just be yourself"

Biggest load of shit cockblock.

Using numbers, setting goals.. this imbues your game with rigor. Especially important for newbies who have gotten nowhere by letting "lose and just talk to bishes."

A big part of game IS work. If it were so easy to get girls, this forum wouldn't exist.

Quote: (07-23-2012 01:15 AM)soup Wrote:  

"Just be yourself"

Using numbers, setting goals.. this imbues your game with rigor. Especially important for newbies who have gotten nowhere by letting "lose and just talk to bishes."

A big part of game IS work. If it were so easy to get girls, this forum wouldn't exist.

You're absolutely right soup. Here's the numbers. Every player on the forum should aproach 6.3 females every 1.2 days, with exactly 10.3 minutes of escalation. 92.3% of the girls should give a 9.00002 digit phone number 12.12156% of the time.

Also, on approach, let women know what percentage of the male population you fall into. It's ALL about numbers. Fun and living life has nothing to do with it. It's science. Carry a scientific notebook too, and as you approach take notes during the conversation.

There is a lot of accounting on here lately.

100%

Playing the game is like playing any other game.... when you play football, do you keep track of how many times you kick the ball? Do you keep track of how often you miss the goal?

Or do you just have fun and not give a shit?

That's how you play the game, that's how you play any game.

And after that, all of your self-confidence should come from knowing that you will improve, the more you play. Improvement is largely unconscious, so just roll with the punches.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

This is spot on. One day you look back to the previous year and you just see the improvement and you know it works. Once you do you never look back. Eventually, I am not here yet, you can do this dead sober at all times. Right now night game is pretty much a "crutch" for me.

I feel more comfortable in a night club than I do in my own apartment!

Quote: (07-23-2012 12:42 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

100%

Playing the game is like playing any other game.... when you play football, do you keep track of how many times you kick the ball? Do you keep track of how often you miss the goal?

Or do you just have fun and not give a shit?

That's how you play the game, that's how you play any game.

And after that, all of your self-confidence should come from knowing that you will improve, the more you play. Improvement is largely unconscious, so just roll with the punches.

Quote: (07-23-2012 12:34 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Quote: (07-23-2012 01:15 AM)soup Wrote:  

"Just be yourself"

You're absolutely right soup. Here's the numbers. Every player on the forum should aproach 6.3 females every 1.2 days, with exactly 10.3 minutes of escalation. 92.3% of the girls should give a 9.00002 digit phone number 12.12156% of the time.

Also, on approach, let women know what percentage of the male population you fall into. It's ALL about numbers. Fun and living life has nothing to do with it. It's science. Carry a scientific notebook too, and as you approach take notes during the conversation.

Make a joke of it all you want, but I'd bet that a numbers based approach will help most AFC get their shit together faster than just going out and having "fun" and "living life." (or whatever it is you want to call not getting laid).

The numbers give you perspective. This is a sort of science.

It is good to set a number of approaches per day.

It's too complicated to set an escalation goal # or have any expectation that a certain percent of girls are going to give you their phone number

I wish I had an app or something that would do all the computational shit- something that would take into consideration all the game factors and produce a simple suggestion.

You gonna resort to doing the maths when your game isn't up to par as much as you'd want it to. If you're living a lifestyle where you're socially adept and are out there on a good scale, you're gonna burn through enough women to not give a shit. This whole numbers thing is a KJing at its finest; expectations are set and to be met, which is not a bad thing unless your emotions are defined by your success and you use the numbers to back that up. Don't give it too much attention.

If you're sucking at this whole thing, you should be focusing on getting your own shit together in order to fix them numbers rather than just burning through girls pointlessly. It's a balance between going out to gain the skills and playing to your strengths. Think of it as a net, the higher your "value" (being confident/savvy etc.) the more women you'll catch with your net. Numbers is good to figure out where you are in the beginning and using it as a null hypothesis to test your game and where you're at but you'll come to a point where the numbers don't matter.. Other things matter more, how you place yourself in your current environment, your social circle, your status and of course your confidence concerning cold approaches and holding up the front. Setting a number of approaches a day is cool in the beginning but you're not setting a lifestyle up you're setting up research for yourself.

Even if you know your numbers, so fucking what? You're still gonna go out behind enemy lines, get your hands dirty and bring it in, it doesn't matter if its the 6th approach of 66th.. As long as you're sharp enough to see whats working and whats not, numbers are just numbers. You can learn the same lessons from 30 broads which you would learn from 50.

I have no problem with guys quantifying their approaches and bangs. Some guys need to look at the numbers to chart their progress. I actually wish I did it more so I knew my exact numbers.

It would be fun to know your levels of success with white women, latin women, asian women, etc. Another category would be women 18-24, women 25-30, and women over 30. I would also track my success with poor women, working class women, and financially secure women.

My "magic number" is between 20-40. It used to be much higher. This is all day time street game. I remember doing my first 100 street approaches, I thought I would never get laid. I must have approached 50-60 girls before I got a girl out for a drink. It probably took me 75 street approaches before I got laid. My game was weak. A few years have passed since then, now, I can get a date with only 10-20 approaches. A bang? I never know, it can happen from just 5-10 approaches, or it can take up to 30 or 40. The main thing is I know I am getting better. The numbers and dates that I used to get in a month, I can now get in a 2 weeks.

I should add that I am 35 years old and I mostly approach girls 18-25.

Again, some guys need statistics to help them chart their success/failures. The numbers give them a reference point and clear and tangible goals. It's just a training tool.

I think its fun to review the numbers, but maybe thats just me. Imagine if we had the statistics for every guy on this forum. The amount of approaches he did, the quality of the girls he approached, the amount of dates he went on, the amount of money he spent on dates, the number of bangs he got and how much he spent on each bang. Now that would be interesting information!

That's a lot of approaches. I strike with more accuracy, so my percentages are high. I don't like rejection on a massive scale, which is why I don't spam myself out.

I think rejection affects us more than we think, on a subconscious level. Plus, giving women the chance to reject you empowers them, and I don't want to give them that.

That was probably my first post on here: What is your magic number.

Looking back, it's not all that important. The more important thing is that you put yourself out there. Enjoy your hobbies and life. And just speak with girls at each opportunity.

You will get more and more comfortable over time. Eventually it's just like talking with any person, whether she's a model or a hoodlum skank, all the same.

Agree with Aliblahba, don't spam yourself out. Pick your battles. If there is a one girl in a room full of 15 guys, forget it. Unless of course they're all beta and no one has had the courage to talk to her. I don't say forget it because you don't have a chance, there is always a chance, but her ego will be so pumped up by just being the only girl in the room. (This is the problem with Toronto clubs and bars these days)

Happy Hunting

Quote: (07-25-2012 03:47 PM)alphaspiraton Wrote:  

That was probably my first post on here: What is your magic number.

Looking back, it's not all that important. The more important thing is that you put yourself out there. Enjoy your hobbies and life. And just speak with girls at each opportunity.

You will get more and more comfortable over time. Eventually it's just like talking with any person, whether she's a model or a hoodlum skank, all the same.

Agree with Aliblahba, don't spam yourself out. Pick your battles. If there is a one girl in a room full of 15 guys, forget it. Unless of course they're all beta and no one has had the courage to talk to her. I don't say forget it because you don't have a chance, there is always a chance, but her ego will be so pumped up by just being the only girl in the room. (This is the problem with Toronto clubs and bars these days)

Happy Hunting

I kill it in Toronto. My friend kills it in Toronto. Another member reports killing it in Toronto. Why can't YOU kill it in Toronto?

3 things:
Custom suits
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

"The rest is up to you"

Quote: (07-26-2012 05:25 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I kill it in Toronto. My friend kills it in Toronto. Another member reports killing it in Toronto. Why can't YOU kill it in Toronto?

3 things:
Custom suits
Zippo lighter
Cigarettes

"The rest is up to you"

That is probably the best Game advice I have seen you give on this forum.

Aliblahba's typical Game Advice:

1. Wear wetsuits out at night like an unbelievable Kook.

2. Ride on the back of another mans motorcycle, like a queer

3. Cross Dress and wear womens boots out at night:

[Image: mark-nason-boots-men1-e1318097098498.jpg]

The craziest thing is you admit to all three. And do it constantly.

But remember, you were voted Unanimously as being Gay by the forum.

So I guess it all makes sense.

I officially support everything the G says. [Image: heart.gif]

The only thing that matters is getting results. It doesn't matter if you approach 10 girls, 100 girls or 1000 girls. You have to get some pussy.

I approached 10 girls in the last 3 days, I don't think any will lead to dates, what should I do now? Give up? Stop approaching?

Fuck no! I will approach another 10 in the next 2 days. If they don't work out I will approach even more.

I will not stop until I get the job done.

Maybe my game is not that strong? I don't care, my passion for the game burns deep in my soul. My desire to improve is like a 16 year old Kobe Bryant practicing his jumpshot. This is not just something that I do for fun. This is my spiritual mission in life.

Game to me is like soccer to the Brazilians. It's more then a game, its a religion, its a way of life.

I love it. I will die a playboy.

Quote: (07-26-2012 01:37 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

The only thing that matters is getting results. It doesn't matter if you approach 10 girls, 100 girls or 1000 girls. You have to get some pussy.

I approached 10 girls in the last 3 days, I don't think any will lead to dates, what should I do now? Give up? Stop approaching?

Fuck no! I will approach another 10 in the next 2 days. If they don't work out I will approach even more.

I will not stop until I get the job done.

Maybe my game is not that strong? I don't care, my passion for the game burns deep in my soul. My desire to improve is like a 16 year old Kobe Bryant practicing his jumpshot. This is not just something that I do for fun. This is my spiritual mission in life.

Game to me is like soccer to the Brazilians. It's more then a game, its a religion, its a way of life.

I love it. I will die a playboy.

I'd rather count the percentage of girls that approach me. That's when your game turns to playboy.

Ali,

I think location and target selection matters. I'm approaching mostly 18/19 year old American girls. I am 35 years old. All street game during the day.

How old are you and how old are the girls you are approaching? Where are you located?

I'm sure if I was in Thailand or the Dominican Republic, my numbers would be much higher.

How many 18/19 year olds do you have to approach before you get a bang? Remember, I'm talking street game during the day in the USA.