rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do you deal with smart phones in bars?

Is there anything you can do to get someone off a smart phone, without getting punched in the face? Even talking to guys they will have to constantly update their facebook and twitter status. It seems that the facebook addiction gets far worse with a smart phone. They almost act dumb when they are on one. Like they don't have to remember as much stuff.

i wish i derived that much pleasure from a fucking phone

yeah, you demand attention. draw boundaries. "ay!! no phone, look i'm here, look at me". dictate how you want to be treated. it's nothing complicated. this short "ay!!", i do it all the time when the girl's getting disctracted, they instantly look back at me like something big happened.

of course i do it only to my girl when i want her attention, when we're talking & hugging one on one. i don't harrass her like that when she's using her phone while talking to her friends or when we're all just chilling together with her group.

I go super direct.

First off, why are you talking to guys? [Image: gay.gif]

If they're your friends, well, might want to evaluate that.

With girls, I just come out and say it, "What is so important on there? What, you need to see how many new followers you have on Instagram? Life is too short for that nonsense."

There are two main reactions I get.

1) Bitchy and dismissive. Fuck these cunts, I'm glad I know sooner than later that they're not the giving type.

2) Self deprecation. Some girls will say, "I know, I know! It's horrible, I can't tear myself away." At which point I'll gently put my hand in front of her screen or try to initiate some physical contact and say, "Here, have a drink with me and talk to me instead."

Body language and delivery is crucial.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

No just for warm up. Sometimes I talk to bouncers and promoters, and women will often butt right in. So its not a bad strategy but could be better.

I like that XXL, although it would be Hey or Yo here. Ay sounds more at home in Britain.

Roosh latest post about the iphone reminded me of this.
http://www.rooshv.com/women-who-own-ipho...ty-to-love

I think this is the future of game. Even with LTR you would have to game the phone in a way, or make it seem that the orbiters are desperate betas. Another thing to think about is, that since inflation and poor economy may make smart phones a luxury people can't afford soon.

See girl texting:

<tap on shoulder>
Her: "yes?" (or "can I help you?")
Me: "You should give your fingers a rest... <pause> they could be put to much better use." <small smirk>

Never fails to get a laugh, also gauges her sexual interest. If she blows you out, then no loss, she wasn't dtf to begin with. Easy line to assess how warm/cold she is.

@ rationalize this- I like that line. Im gonna try and use it later on in the week.

@rationalize i like that line a lot.

Usually I ignore these types of girls, but occasionally Ill engage.

Sometimes, ill bust this one out- Hi...pause...who are you texting?...(usually in LA/SF)...ill get an ignore/frown/etc while the girl finishes twatting her fingers....then ill put on a exaggerated fake smile, and finish...is your mom checking in on you? ahhh, how cute.

A slight smile w/her putting her phone down is a "green light" for you to continue. Estimated odds of it succedding <30%.

Good follow-up- dont be lame, lets go make friends/drink/dance....

PS seems to work better w/the Asians

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Quote: (07-16-2012 09:17 PM)kbell Wrote:  

Is there anything you can do to get someone off a smart phone, without getting punched in the face? Even talking to guys they will have to constantly update their facebook and twitter status. It seems that the facebook addiction gets far worse with a smart phone. They almost act dumb when they are on one. Like they don't have to remember as much stuff.

Everyone has their own style but I try not to keep paying attention to someone if they're paying attention to their phone (much easier when there's more people around because you can just switch to them. If it's just the two of you I'll kind of look up at her when she's done like "Are you done now?" [without being a dick about it, so she gets the subtle message that she's being slightly rude]).

I opened a few chicks with the "So you came all the way to the bar/club just to get on your phone?" line this past weekend. It worked pretty well.

Quote: (01-08-2013 07:01 PM)iWin Wrote:  

I opened a few chicks with the "So you came all the way to the bar/club just to get on your phone?" line this past weekend. It worked pretty well.

Nice line. I'm gonna add it to my repetoire.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Quote:kbell Wrote:

Is there anything you can do to get someone off a smart phone, without getting punched in the face

This is how what I meant looks in practice. Decisive and commanding yet friendly and sexy..[Image: amuse.gif]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NggqmAw6Qqg&t=0m38s

I'm going to ask if they are married.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Ask for her number so you can talk to her. Stand next to her and game her by text. Would be funny as fuck.

Was on a double date a few night back and the friend's girl was on her phone all the time. I just grabbed her phone and put in my pocket, said she couldnt use it, and didnt give it back until later. Totally solved the issue.