rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Am I selling myself short on Facebook?

Two small details, but a lot of my friends put pics of themselves on Facebook without shirts as they are buff and ripped. I too am like this, but don't want pics of myself like that on the internet. But left to girls imagination, it can't not help for them to see my body online right? My profile makes me look more boring than I actually am to. I put basically no effort into Facebook as I dont want to login and crap and spend an hour day like most people on the site--so there's only a few pics (none partying).

The Newbie Forum is slowly becoming the Facebook Forum.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (07-10-2012 08:44 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Look where he's from ...lookout Brazil it's over see you at Tgi Fridays

and Texting Forum too.

Game is a necessary evil

But when you don't know the girl, and meet her in say a noisy club while talking for 2 minutes, this is ur only presentation 2 her.

Quote: (07-10-2012 11:55 AM)PJEUA Wrote:  

But when you don't know the girl, and meet her in say a noisy club while talking for 2 minutes, this is ur only presentation 2 her.
[Image: troll.gif] [Image: troll.gif] why the hell would you show her your Facebook page in a club??

Yeah, I'm no longer letting chicks see my page. I'm cock blocking myself with it.

Quote: (07-10-2012 09:44 AM)haywire Wrote:  

and Texting Forum too.

Are you surprised?

Only people who can pick up in person should even bother with Internet game in all its forms. Look, just do what G manifesto says. Hell, I recently bought a fly Zippo and I'm going to take up smoking on an upcoming trip. No joke.

You're a buff Brazilian? Why aren't you telling girls you just moved from Belo Horizonte and are confused about where Ipanema is? Also ask if there are any pet shops near Copacabana. Let's hear about some Brazilian day game, not trying to get attention-hungry club girls.

Quote: (07-10-2012 02:54 PM)esperar Wrote:  

Yeah, I'm no longer letting chicks see my page. I'm cock blocking myself with it.
My new strategy is to let there friend requests sit unanswered and occasionally Ill send them a message or link through there but never add anyone unless it's someone you're really interested in knowing what they're up to like an old classmate. Don't add girls you're gaming. When I first came here I was making that mistake transitioning from dating sites to facebook and was wondering why I missed some bangs it never occurred to me that it was a gay move. I don't add post bang girls or fuck pals either.

I had to block my fb for professional reasons, doing this can set some hamsters into orbit.

Quote: (07-10-2012 03:55 PM)EisenBarde Wrote:  

I had to block my fb for professional reasons, doing this can set some hamsters into orbit.
Explain?

I thought it would be self-evident, but anyway, girls who used to see the entirety of my profile got antsy when I put everybody on a restricted view on par with the "what Mom can see" setting for friends. Solipsistic as they are, they thought it was something of their doing to "deserve" losing access to creep on my page.

As for the professional reason, A few years back I was working for some high schools and I didn't want to be added to the list of creepy ass pedophiles who would eventually end up getting ass raped in jail. Kids will dig into anything they can find on your online presence and girls will especially go insane if they only thing they can find is your old high school 800m track results while they're looking for dirt on you on their smartphone in the middle of class.

What it boils down to is that anything and everything you post online connected to your name can and will be used against you in the court of a girl's ego adjustment. Because of they fact that things like facebook and okcupid are the most used tools to do this, the modern girl doesn't have another hammer to nail you with if you deny her that access.

Unless you're some sort of celebrity who has more fans than friends, less is more, gentlemen, less is more.

Quote: (07-10-2012 04:29 PM)EisenBarde Wrote:  

I thought it would be self-evident, but anyway, girls who used to see the entirety of my profile got antsy when I put everybody on a restricted view on par with the "what Mom can see" setting for friends. Solipsistic as they are, they thought it was something of their doing to "deserve" losing access to creep on my page.

As for the professional reason, A few years back I was working for some high schools and I didn't want to be added to the list of creepy ass pedophiles who would eventually end up getting ass raped in jail. Kids will dig into anything they can find on your online presence and girls will especially go insane if they only thing they can find is your old high school 800m track results while they're looking for dirt on you on their smartphone in the middle of class.

What it boils down to is that anything and everything you post online connected to your name can and will be used against you in the court of a girl's ego adjustment. Because of they fact that things like facebook and okcupid are the most used tools to do this, the modern girl doesn't have another hammer to nail you with if you deny her that access.

Unless you're some sort of celebrity who has more fans than friends, less is more, gentlemen, less is more.
Just hide your Facebook so nobody can search for you by name or email and dont use your name on your email account or anywhere else.

That's exactly what I do, houston. I just didn't notice how important it was until right about the end of college when I starting reading roosh and roissy.

I deleted all timeline posts from my wall last night. It really is a giant cock block. No more FB bullshit, I'm going for their number only now.

Benefits of any information on Facebook?

1. None

Benefits of having NO information on Facebook

1. Employees can't find bad photos of you
2. Girls can't dig into your life
3. Friends who care about Facebook leave your life
4. More time to spend doing important things

The bullshit about keeping in contact? Why not just send an email, if they are that close to you they already call/text you.

Use social media to make money, not waste your time.

Quote: (07-11-2012 04:58 AM)esperar Wrote:  

I deleted all timeline posts from my wall last night. It really is a giant cock block. No more FB bullshit, I'm going for their number only now.

Quote: (07-11-2012 10:00 AM)WestCoast Wrote:  

Benefits of any information on Facebook?

1. None

Benefits of having NO information on Facebook

1. Employees can't find bad photos of you
2. Girls can't dig into your life
3. Friends who care about Facebook leave your life
4. More time to spend doing important things

The bullshit about keeping in contact? Why not just send an email, if they are that close to you they already call/text you.

Use social media to make money, not waste your time.

Quote: (07-11-2012 04:58 AM)esperar Wrote:  

Very good points and i'd like to add that if you want to know who you TRUE friends are, deactivate your facebook account for a week and observe how many of these people that you contact and they contact you will STILL contact you through cellphone, whatever after being out of facebook.

Facebook works against you in so many ways (check above quote), and i have deleted mine long time ago.

my experience has been that if you are in a foreign country and a girl has never dated and had sex with a foreigner she wants to see your Facebook first to verify who you are.

I'd peg this as a "sticking point", basically you've let her take over the converasation. Not saying this is bad game, I think you're on the right track because at least these girls are interested in finding out about you! That's a positive! But like everything in life you can do better.

So ask yourself at what point in the conversation does she "ask for your Facebook". Instead of showing her your Facebook do two things, one say u dont have one, two think back and ask why she got "bored enough" to ask or your Facebook. You'll get to a point where instead she'll be so into your zone she won't ask for it because she's too hypnotized by your presence "in the moment"

Get it? You're the party, You're in a different world she wants to be a part of, and if she "needs to know every nook and cranny of your life?" well then she must get to know you better.. You know in real life, not through cyber interactive detection.

The more you play the more you slay!

Quote: (07-12-2012 11:48 AM)PJEUA Wrote:  

my experience has been that if you are in a foreign country and a girl has never dated and had sex with a foreigner she wants to see your Facebook first to verify who you are.

Newbies need to learn how effective "mysterious guy" game can be. And that is very effective.

I've never had FB, sometimes don't use my real name or refuse to give my last name, and often evade or pointedly refuse to answer standard girl interview questions such as where I live, what I do, my personal history etc.

You can see the smoke from the hamster wheel coming out their ears. I've been asked if I was a CIA agent, an ex-con, a fugitive, a con man........ the girls were only half serious but their eyes were shining. Girls love to fantasize and you can play into that.

Betas think that the way to have sex with a girl is to make her feel comfortable with you and be nice to her.

No, the way to have sex with a girl the quickest is to intrigue her and make her feel a little threatened by you, while at the same time building emotional rapport with her.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

From the noob FAQ:

Quote:Quote:

7. What about Facebook?

My advice is don't add girls to your facebook, especially before you've banged them. Facebook gives away too much information for free, and that could cost you your prospect. If the girl brings up facebook I tell her I'm one of the 23 people left on Earth that doesn't have one, and I'm waiting for a personal invitation and six figure contract from Mark Zuckerberg before I join. Only once has this cost me a potential bang. The only exception is if you're in a place where you can't communicate with a phone, then you'll just have to do what it takes.

This thread convinced me to get rid of my facebook. Never used it much and realize there are a lot more downsides than upsides for me having one

Thanks, Op!

Reppin the Jersey Shore.

It's OK to use just to speak with friends, but don't add the women you wanna fuck on there. I'm convinced it has cost me several fucks.

Just to bump the thread again....but here in Brazil I have gotten dates with girls that otherwise would not have gone out with me if I told them "no I don't have a Facebook" or "I don't want to add you to my Facebook." I never bring up Facebook, but if she asks for my Facebook I give it to her. With mass killings in the US like the one last week, and the bad image a lot of americans have in Brazil I don't need to come across as socially awkward with no Facebook, because, quite frankly, anyone without a Facebook in this day and age is socially awkward. I am interested in to hear any other thoughts particularly from those that have spent periods of time in Brazil.