rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Prerequisite of a player

Prerequisite of a player

Here is what all the pickup books don't tell you, and I am speaking from personal experience. There are certain prerequisites to being a “player”:

1. Wide attraction range. You have to be attracted to a wide range of girls, the wider the better. 95% of the girls you will get will be in the 4 - 7 range. You will occasionally get a top tier girl but this will be the exception not the norm. If you have a specific type of girl you find attractive then it will be difficult for you. The more specific the type you are attracted to the more difficult it will be simply because the potential pool of those types of girls will be very limited in any given location. Every guy I know that has slept with a lot of girls had this characteristic. Brazilians possess this trait and this is the primary reason there is a lot of sex going on there. A Brazilian guy will just as easily bang a 6 as he will a 9.

2. High sex drive. This is the gas for your engine. Your primary motivation for going out there and doing the work. Without a high sex drive you won't have the motivation to put in the work to get the girls. You also won't find the lower quality girls that attractive. A lot of guys think they have a higher sex drive than they really do. Also as you age, your sex drive gradually decreases. After mid-thirties you will definitely notice a drop-off compared to your mid-twenties. So if it’s not high to when you are young it certainly won’t get better as you get older.

3. Time and energy. It takes a tremendous amount of time and energy to go out there and do the approaches and then the follow up work to get a lot of girls. With a typical success rate of 20%, 80% of the time and effort will amount to nothing. You have to be able to keep going in the face of these kinds of odds and that's takes more than time and effort, it takes dedication. The amount of time and effort requires is essentially equivalent to a second job. And just like a job it also requires that level of consistency. It has to be something you are doing practically every day in some way.

4. Subjugation of your morality. Women exchange sex for relationships - period. Men want sex, women want relationships. It is extremely rare to find a woman that will have sex just for the joy of sex on a regular basis. You can find a woman, that for whatever reason, wants to just have sex for one night but to find one that really just wants to be a fuck-buddy is very difficult. What this means is that, most of the time, you will have to present the possibility of relationship to get sex from a woman - in another words, sell her a fantasy. You will know that are you doing this and in essence you are being dishonest or telling a “white lie”. Initially, it won't bother you too much because you will justify it by telling yourself it's a mutual exchange of pleasure etc. etc. But over time, it will start to get to you unless you are able to suppress your morality. For some this may be easy but for others it will be more difficult. The other issue that will fall under this category is alcohol and drugs. At what point of being wasted do you decide a girl no longer really knows what the hell she is doing. I had to invent ways to test this because personally I wanted to make sure she knew exactly what was happening. I didn’t want to wake up the next day and have to deal with any kind of date rape situation.

Unless you have or can somehow acquire these prerequisites your ability to be any kind of substantial player will be limited. Your personality and character can either help or hinder you this regard. While I possessed No. 2 and 3 I came to eventually realize that I did not possess No. 1 and 4. The end results of this combination being, that while I was able to meet to lot of women I didn't bang a lot of women. My attraction range was actually quite narrow. When I did meet a girl I was really attracted to I was very effective but those girls didn’t come along that often. The majority of the girls I met fell outside of my attraction range and that, coupled with my sense of morality, drastically reduced my final numbers. Over time I have come to accept this: that while I may not bang a lot of girls the ones I do get are of a very high quality. A true player is like a goose hunter, he uses a shot gun and is after numbers. I on the other hand was like a big cat game hunter: I used a sniper rifle and stalked and killed one prey at a time.

Prerequisite of a player

i'd add HEART and PASSION. this is what drives the whole thing IMO. if it's not you enjoy then it's like.. ughhh...

Paul Janka nailed it here at 8:30:

Prerequisite of a player

The passion comes from what motivates you in the first place. For some men it's just the sex, for others it'a validation of sort, for other could be social status. The deeper the need the greater the motivation and passion.

Prerequisite of a player

The only prerequisites that I have never seen broken are the following two traits:

1. Not giving a fuck
2. Happy with your life

#2 is much harder for many people to find.

Prerequisite of a player

Great post but I disagree with a few lines.

Quote: (07-10-2012 06:33 AM)Nomad77 Wrote:  

Women exchange sex for relationships - period. Men want sex, women want relationships.

Players understand that women are human beings. They want sex just as much as us. We are just animals that want to FUCK just for the sake of fucking.

Quote: (07-10-2012 06:33 AM)Nomad77 Wrote:  

It is extremely rare to find a woman that will have sex just for the joy of sex on a regular basis.

That's just because she's never had good DICK. Until a player comes along and gives it to her.

Prerequisite of a player

Yes, women like sex as much as we do BUT they love to be loved and their need for security (relationship) fars outweight their need for sex.

When you fuck a woman good. You are thinking wow, I really banged her good. But what she really feels is the passion and emotional intensity of the encounter. I have tested this by actually having bad sex with a woman but ramping up the emotional intensity of it and guess what? They will keep coming back. On the other hand, I've delivered some great sex with not much emotions and guess what, they don't come back. I've even done it without ANY sex and they will come back!

Men and women experience sex differently. Same way how for us the beauty of a woman is primarily physical while for her it's how we make her feel - our attitude.

Prerequisite of a player

My contribution would be:

An intense state of dissatisfaction with one's love life.

Example? A guy who marries his high school sweetheart and is 100% satisfied by her will not transition into the PUA lifestyle. Many of us found our way here because we've been hitched up, engaged, living with girls, in miserable LTRs. This falls in line with Buddhist philosophy, which states that in order to change, you must be currently dissatisfied with the current state of affairs. PUA naturals can't relate to this because they've ALWAYS been on a lifelong hunt for fresh new pussy. PUA allows those of us that are dissatisfied with the concept of "another way", a way that is completely at odds with our social programming but completely in line with our biological programming, a way to give us control of our sex lives and love lives and get what we want out of life in general.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Prerequisite of a player

A shitty love life can provide the motivation to become a PUA. But it doesn't change the fact that you still need the four attributes above to really become good.

Let's take the example of a guy that is poor and wants to make a lot of money so he says ok, I will become a pro-basketball player. Unless, he has the height, athletic ability and time to put in the practice to become good he will never become a pro. Every professional that excels in any given field has met the prerequisites for that field. You think if MJ was 5' 8" and did not have all of his other qualities he would have become the basketball player he did?

Take Roosh, he is driven by the rejection of women from his youth to prove them wrong now. Still, he has literally changed his lifestyle to do what he does. Roosh gets his numbers because he has ALL of the four characteristics above.

Motivation is not enough. You are either born with wide attraction range and high sex drive or you are not. And if you don't have those two you can still be a PUA but you won't pull down the high numbers like Roosh.

Other way of putting this is, if you want to be like a Roosh with high bang count, then you will have to possess the four qualities above.

Prerequisite of a player

I would only change # 3 on your list to be called "energy" versus both time and energy. People with crazy work schedules can still have extremely high notch counts (athletes, doctors, CEOs, etc). They just have crazy driven personaliies

Prerequisite of a player

Agreed. How you find the time and energy does not matter. As long as you do. A famous person will require less time and energy to bang five girls than the average guy like me. How much time and energy will be directly related to how good your game is, socio-economic factors (e.g. fame), and personal drive. The quality of girls you are going after is also a factor.

Prerequisite of a player

I just do it because I love pussy and I'm a huge pervert.

Prerequisite of a player

Excellent post.

I have the same issues with range. The best players I know are fucking anything that moves if they have no other option. It's like an animal that won't discriminate against it's prey; a tiger would just as soon eat an old man as he would a cow or a baby.They put all girls on the same level, which actually helps them bang the hotter girls.

They are more relaxed than I am, and tend to get a long better with more people as well.

I get grossed out by ugly chicks, and offended by fatties.

I'd say that inspiration, and not just high sex-drive is the prime motivator. Before they discover game, some guys have such a dark outlook on girls that it kills their sex drive. You also need persistence to follow through on the inspiration: "It doesn't matter how I feel, my sex drive may be depleted (or whatever), but I am going out tonight and not coming home until (approaching 20 girls, getting a girl to buy me a drink, etc.)."

Having game is also a step up on the consciousness totem; the player has a deeper understanding of women than most men, and doesn't just treat them as if they are other guys. He knows or feels that men and women are fundamentally different creatures.

Prerequisite of a player

Being 30+, I find #2 to be a real problem actually.

Prerequisite of a player

Same boat! Different issue.

I notice myself going into venues looking for tan skinned girls then finally saying damn it leaning against the bar and tapping on the cute girls who walk by.

It's like I walk in there looking for Osama Bin Laden only to realize he's not there and settle for fighting terrorism instead.

Quote: (07-10-2012 10:36 AM)soup Wrote:  

Excellent post.

I have the same issues with range. The best players I know are fucking anything that moves if they have no other option. It's like an animal that won't discriminate against it's prey; a tiger would just as soon eat an old man as he would a cow or a baby.They put all girls on the same level, which actually helps them bang the hotter girls.

They are more relaxed than I am, and tend to get a long better with more people as well.

I'd say that inspiration, and not just high sex-drive is the prime motivator. Before they discover game, some guys have such a dark outlook on girls that it kills their sex drive. You also need persistence to follow through on the inspiration: "It doesn't matter how I feel, my sex drive may be depleted (or whatever), but I am going out tonight and not coming home until (approaching 20 girls, getting a girl to buy me a drink, etc.)."

Having game is also a step up on the consciousness totem; the player has a deeper understanding of women than most men, and doesn't just treat them as if they are other guys. He knows or feels that men and women are fundamentally different creatures.

Prerequisite of a player

I am what you would call a natural. I have always had women around me and grew up with women. In essence I was trained by women.

The point of this post was to point out to guys that if they want to be like Roosh they will need to meet those prerequisites. I am not judging anyone. I have done it all. Just because you are not like someone that pulls high numbers should not make you feel inferior. Nor should a lot of pussy be your goal. You should ask yourself, are you a quality or quantity type of guy?

Ultimately you will be most happy when whatever you do is aligned with who and what you really are. For example, a lot of guys have a big fantasy about 3-somes, orgies, etc. well I've had them and now I know there are not my thing so I don't do them anymore.

Don't let someone else define what makes you happy. You are not them and you will have to find what makes you happy not someone else definition of happiness.

Prerequisite of a player

If you play the game long enough there comes a time when the women no longer matters...just winning. We become addicted to the thrill of the chase and women and sex are just a by product...

Quote: (07-10-2012 10:46 AM)WestCoast Wrote:  

Same boat! Different issue.

I notice myself going into venues looking for tan skinned girls then finally saying damn it leaning against the bar and tapping on the cute girls who walk by.

It's like I walk in there looking for Osama Bin Laden only to realize he's not there and settle for fighting terrorism instead.

Quote: (07-10-2012 10:36 AM)soup Wrote:  

Excellent post.

Prerequisite of a player

I approve of this thread. I'm going to say you eventually get a routine going where you aren't going to specific places to try and approach girls you just kinda go about your day to day and make small tweaks to be around targets. Like right now I'm hungry. I can order or go for some Chinese but no I'm going to the deli at the grocery store where the hottest girls will be that have time to kill waiting for a sandwiches for the office or getting a salad.

Prerequisite of a player

Ha yep. Putting yourself in the right place at all times.

Similar to standing at the stair well of clubs, leaning against the bar where there is the most traffic. Having your friend walk across the club and looking for girls that check him out so you know who is immediately openable... Just efficient, a game of chess.

Quote: (07-10-2012 11:09 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

I approve of this thread. I'm going to say you eventually get a routine going where you aren't going to specific places to try and approach girls you just kinda go about your day to day and make small tweaks to be around targets. Like right now I'm hungry. I can order or go for some Chinese but no I'm going to the deli at the grocery store where the hottest girls will be that have time to kill waiting for a sandwiches for the office or getting a salad.

Prerequisite of a player

Quote: (07-10-2012 10:53 AM)Nomad77 Wrote:  

I am what you would call a natural. I have always had women around me and grew up with women. In essence I was trained by women.

The point of this post was to point out to guys that if they want to be like Roosh they will need to meet those prerequisites. I am not judging anyone. I have done it all. Just because you are not like someone that pulls high numbers should not make you feel inferior. Nor should a lot of pussy be your goal. You should ask yourself, are you a quality or quantity type of guy?

Ultimately you will be most happy when whatever you do is aligned with who and what you really are. For example, a lot of guys have a big fantasy about 3-somes, orgies, etc. well I've had them and now I know there are not my thing so I don't do them anymore.

Don't let someone else define what makes you happy. You are not them and you will have to find what makes you happy not someone else definition of happiness.

To me, the pressing question is "Do I have to embrace quantity in order to access quality?"

Do I have to hold my nose, take a leap of faith, and start fucking girls that barely pass my boner test in order to build up some kind of game that will allow me to mack it to the hotter girls?

Prerequisite of a player

I've been telling myself that my standards are too high for a while now. It's hard to make the switch.

Prerequisite of a player

Like anything else practice does help. No one said you had to actually sleep with the girls. If you go all the way to point where you can you could sleep with them you will gain the same level of experience. So yes, pyramiding can help you to get better girls. What also works is getting some hot girls to just be your friend so you can hang out with them. This will give you social proof. Other girls will see think you are "approved" by girls of at their level. This will get you the interest of hot girls but you will still need to deliver on the that level to make them want to have a relationship with you.

Quote: (07-10-2012 11:27 AM)soup Wrote:  

Quote: (07-10-2012 10:53 AM)Nomad77 Wrote:  

To me, the pressing question is "Do I have to embrace quantity in order to access quality?"

Do I have to hold my nose, take a leap of faith, and start fucking girls that barely pass my boner test in order to build up some kind of game that will allow me to mack it to the hotter girls?

Prerequisite of a player

Why? If you can pull at that standard why drop it? Now, if you can't then yes, you should.

Quote: (07-10-2012 12:16 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

I've been telling myself that my standards are too high for a while now. It's hard to make the switch.

Prerequisite of a player

Well that's the thing. I'm only getting with hot girls once every few months.

Prerequisite of a player

You have to decided if you want to have sex with a hot girl on a regular basis or a lot of different girls. Or you keep the hot girl as your main girl and get the less hotter ones every now and then for something different. To get hot girls on a regular basis would require some serious game and or fame.

I don't just sleep with a hot girl one time. I establish a relationship with them where I am getting sex on a regular basis.

Quote: (07-10-2012 12:38 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

Prerequisite of a player

Quote: (07-10-2012 12:38 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

My adrenaline flows for strange even in the 5 range over a fine girl that I've banged already. What's she like? I'm dying to know. Always.

Fuck every few months. I'm talking every few days and yes it's work. Asian girl at the deli today..I look,she looks. I open "Didn't you used to live at blah blah" No? Hmm. Ya sure? Anyway are you here for the teriaki chicken? Just kidding but seriously now.. blah blah phone number blah blah