rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cat: The Most Useless Animal in the World

What function does a cat serve?

It probably goes without saying around here that the popularity of cats and with their spinster caretakers is a sign of the end-times of America.

What purpose do these animals really serve? Surrogate companionship. Cats are the ultimate whore of all the animals. That's probably why women feel so connected to them.

Real companionship is too difficult for our kid-gloves American culture. Women will have a cat in place of a baby.

Cats are up there with corn-syrup as one of the biggest anesthetizing things in America.

They also have no sense of loyalty which works out perfectly with what most females want in a partner these days.

I see your point about spinsters, but 99% of pets are useless by definition. In the natural world and undomesticated urban form, cats serve a valuable role in hunting rats, mice, rodents and etc.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Cats are excellent for getting rid of vermin in farmhouses and taverns and the like which is what they are perfectly adapted for but this has become irrelevant today in First World countries.

Otherwise their utility is low and frequently negative. Growing up my family owned a Persian cat. I liked it, it was a warm cat and occasionally brought in various birds it killed as tribute in acknowledgement of her respect for us, but on balance, she was more of a hassle than it was worth; especially on issues such as going on holiday for a long time. That said I was very sad when she died from cancer.

I consider myself an animal lover for the most part. I have a cat, which my mother has claimed from me and pretty much ruined. He used to be fit and friendly, and now is fat and useless, constantly whines, and seems to have developed a higher level of ADD - even for a cat. I suspect that may also be partly due to them forcing him into castration at almost a year of age.

Why did Egyptians worship cats? Maybe they are not from this planet?

I love cats and pussies even more.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

I disagree that cats arent loyal. My pet cat growing up would always catch stuff in the garden like rats, lizards etc and bring them into the house as a gift for us. The way he would come parading in with a dead rodent was definetly his way of saying here look what I caught for you my masters, are you proud of me? It was pretty gross, but his heart was in the right place.

Quote: (07-09-2012 05:49 AM)Nudge Wrote:  

I disagree that cats arent loyal. My pet cat growing up would always catch stuff in the garden like rats, lizards etc and bring them into the house as a gift for us. The way he would come parading in with a dead rodent was definetly his way of saying here look what I caught for you my masters, are you proud of me? It was pretty gross, but his heart was in the right place.

Some people claim that when cats bring dead rats / mice / birds to you, he is not doing so to show you his affection. He just happens to think you're useless as a hunter, and he's trying to teach you something.

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

The ancient kats will stealth little killers and helped protect grains for mice and other filthy rodents. This was one of the reasons they we're praised so much in Egypt and other warmer climates. Dogs we're skinny and lanky and were not the thick and strong beats you get nowdays. A cat was better suited for the small tasks at those times. They were clean and kept to them selves a quality they enjoyed.

The domesticated modern cat is a fat sloth in comparison to its wired up predecessor. Cats are beyond bizzare to me and they sorta creep me out they are really just kinda of strange and off it seems. I guess female can lock their brains more-so to kats. My good friend has a fat piece of shit cat she had since it was a kitten, all it does is sit around and be lazy and I don;t get how she can love something that is barley more alive then a teddy bear.

I've got a cat. He's pretty dope. Product of a previous relationship you could say.

If I utilized him more, he's a pussy magnet for sure. He follows me like a dog when I walk to work, and I've got several women in the neighborhood who've noticed. An older one told me, "You do you realize everyone in the neighborhood talks about you and your cat, right? That you're 'The guy whose cat follows him to and from work'?" Another chick, pretty hot actually, opened me up right out and said, "Is your cat FOLLOWING you?" "Yeah....he's kinda funny like that." "Omg that's hilarious, you have a beautiful cat."

He waits in a bush when I get back and walks me home, it's pretty fucking funny. I didn't train him to do this, he just does it. That's some serious dog-level loyalty.

But anyway OP I agree with those assertions, my cat is an exception to the rule. I kept him around because of the logistics of the previous relationship, he's loyal, and he's got pussy magnet potential. Contrast that with the scenario of the stay-at-home-and-watch-sex-in-the-city-reruns-with-a-pint-of-ice-cream-and-cuddling-with-five-cats scenario.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Cats are a good judge of character. When someone comes into my home and the cat hides under the bed the whole time I become leary of that person. Animales know.

I love animales y when I see someone being cruel to gods creatures I get real ugly. I mean real ugly. If I a chick getting her ass beat Ill keep caminando, pero un persona kicks an animal for fun, watch how fast I react.

Cruelty to animales is on the same plane as child molestors.

Cats actually have tons of heart for their size.

Plus they are related to these:

I really like cats. Don't blame cats for the excesses of cat ladies!

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Cats that belong to men = ok,
Cats that belong to women = Annoying cat lady style cats.

I think they respond better to greater dominance. I think we should actually blame crazy cat ladies for the hate towards cats. They're cool animals otherwise.

I have two cats due to ex. I'm very fond of them. Dogs are great, but the amount of care they require is leaps and bounds over a cat. Cats can be very affectionate, and mine tend to follow me around everywhere I go in the house.

I don't think it's fair to compare them to dogs: I think the man/dog bond is of a higher quality than you could have with a cat. Cats are a convenient source of relatively low maintenance furry mammal.

I like big cats like lions and leopards etc.

But, when I think about the modern house cat, and all the hoopla around it- all that energy and money.. for what?

It's not the cat that bothers me as much as it is the craze for them. It used to not bother me so much, but after getting into game, I see the popularity of cats as a reflection of everything that is wrong. So, the cat becomes the symbol. If there was a team flag for spinsters and girls in general, you can bet whose furry face would be front and center on it.

Quote: (07-09-2012 04:52 PM)soup Wrote:  

I like big cats like lions and leopards etc.

But, when I think about the modern house cat, and all the hoopla around it- all that energy and money.. for what?

It's not the cat that bothers me as much as it is the craze for them. It used to not bother me so much, but after getting into game, I see the popularity of cats as a reflection of everything that is wrong. So, the cat becomes the symbol. If there was a team flag for spinsters and girls in general, you can bet whose furry face would be front and center on it.
I got it but you should have named this thread something more like that.

I have to say I fucking hate cats. I'm allergic to them and they are disgusting. My father and grandfather told me that we (our family) hate cats and a story of two cats that ate their dead owner in a house in Vermont years back. I hate litter boxes. I get pissed when I see a girl get grossed out by any little thing and dive right into that box which they don't usually do as often as you would think.

I was on a date a few months ago. Pushed into the house and started my closing and here comes the fucking cat. Then cat food. Then litter box. Fuck. Bitch doesn't wash her hands after. Cat hair. Suck.

I'm at a girls house about a week ago she's showing me around..what's in this room? Err..It's for the cats you may not want to go in..I make a grape Vodka and smoke outside come back, bounce to a bar then back then bang. Hey...I told her.. take me home. She freaks about it at 3am and I insist. I told her in my driveway that I didn't want to see her again. Have fun with your cats. She said she's probably knocked up and I told her that pregnant women can't touch litter boxes so she needs to figure it out.

I had 2 cats growing up. They were quite nice.

My main cat (15 years now) was actually very loyal, he would come when i called him, hung out and played with him, and he knew when to stay the fuck away when i was pissed/busy. He was a good cat.

The other cat while more retarded, still hung out, played with her, and even took shits outside and buried it in the dirt. She was probably more affectionate than the other one, but she did more her own thing. So if you were working on a paper it wouldn't be uncommon for her to jump up on the desk and knock off all your shit. But, she was cute in her not-give-a-shitance that only a cat has.

I have two cats and two dogs. I like them all a whole helluva lot. They are all my buddies. They are different for sure, but good creatures in their own way.

I'll have to say, girls have fallen in love with my boy cat, because he is a quirky, funny dude. Shit, some ex's still ask about him.

The dogs are more work, but you can take them more places and schmoozing puss at the dog park is a popular hobby for me. The cats pretty much take care of themselves.

I know wretched spinsters are cat ladies, but I still like them. And I can't stand to see others be mean to cats or dogs or any animal really. Someone who picks on animals looks like a useless asshole to me or a serial killer in training.

Cats always come off as indifferent assholes to me, no wonder chicks like them. Like they'll tolerate you because you make logistics easy for them, but otherwise they'd be just as happy to see you die in a fire.

A nasty cat bit a woman I know, who has been a nurse her whole life, and she knew she had to get to the hospital to get some antibiotic shots right away.

Personally, I had no idea cat bites were this bad. Even after going to the hospital immediately after she was bit, and getting several shots, her hand was swollen up like a baseball and you could see where the infection was spreading up her arm in red streaks up the vein. It was bad. Before antibiotics a cat bite could literally kill you. No wonder so many people were superstitious of them.

Quote: (07-09-2012 03:34 AM)FilMor Wrote:  

Why did Egyptians worship cats? Maybe they are not from this planet?

The Egyptians had a way of creating gods by sticking animal heads on the same "god" torso over and over again, like a bad photoshop.

Hawk head on a god's torso? Horus.
Ibis head on a god's torso? Thoth.
Crocodile head on a god's torso? Sobek.
Hippo head on a god's torso? Taweret.
Lion head on a god's torso? Tefnut.
Cattle head on a god's torso? Hathor.
Dog head on a god's torso? Anibus.
Cat head on a god's torso? Bast.
And no one can agree on what animal Set's head comes from. Looks like an anteater to me.

Did they "worship" the animals these Gods came from. No. No more than fans of Spiderman worship spiders.

The only people saying "the ancient egyptians worshiped cats" that I see are cat food manufacturers. Interesting how dog food manufacturers never take that angle and claim Anibus worshipers also worshiped dogs, even though Anibus is a much bigger god than Bast.

[Image: egyptian-gods-and-goddess-2db2fa.jpg]

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

[attachment=6776] ^^

you can tell a lot about a person by how they treat animals