rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My first drink date

My first drink date

Hey all:

I just got back from my first drink date. I met this chick on a line in my college dining hall. I opened her, and quickly got her number after I threw in a false-time constraint. So we went out tonight for a drink at Brass Monkey (thanks to Caligula's great post). It started out good. We ordered drinks, and she did most of the talking. Also, she broke most of the silences. I did the fake palm read, ran the strawberry game, and tried the arm-hold move. She liked everything but would not grab my arm because she was smoking a cig when we started walking. Also, she offered to help me with the bill. I took $20 from her. I thought that she was into me so I asked her to come back to my place for a drink, and we could listen to a French musician (She said she spoke French). She did not respond. About a minute later, she said that we should grab some food. I said sure because I was hungry. I took her to this meatball restaurant that I liked.

I tried to touch her on the subway. We sat down and I put my arm around her. She slid forward after 30 seconds in order for my arm not to touch her. I took that as a bad sign. We continued to the restaurant. While we ate, she suggested that my friends and I should come out with her to a promoter driven club. I said maybe. She was nice but I think she lost interest on the street when she asked me about how I approach women. I said that I use elderly game like when a woman has her cell phone out. I ask her if that is a good phone. She said that this game would not work. I told her it works 10% of the time for me. She said have you ever banged your marks, and I said no. I just got some phone numbers. I think that turned her off. I should have said less. So after we get our meatballs, the bill comes. I grab it. She opens her wallet and offers to go dutch but I said that I can grab it, and she should cover the next one.

Then I walked her back, and asked her again if she would come back to my room. She said that she was going out to another place to eat with her friend. At this point, I reasoned that I can kiss her when we part. So I drop her back, and her friend is waiting there. I hug her (she did not give me the vibe), and again she mentions that we should go out with all our friends this weekend to a promoter driven club. I made an error and I am realizing it now: I should have venue changed to another club where we could dance. Damn it. I think I could have banged her with that.

My question: Should I (a) go out with her friends and my friends this weekend? This would sabotage my chances of banging her because I would be thrown into the friend zone. Also, it would be good to go to a club with female friends because they can help to ease the tension with other women who you wish to bang. Should I (b) text her Saturday night and tell her and her friends to come where my friends and I are? Should I © never contact her again? Keep in mind that I am still a virgin, and I entered game in February 2011. I realize that this is a performance art (like public speaking), and the more times you get thrown into the fire, the better. Also, I have another date with an older woman (24) at a lounge in Queens tomorrow so I am not upset about this one. I am 22. Any help will be greatly appreciated about this past date and any tips for tomorrow's drink date. I know that I am on the right track!

My first drink date

You should go on the date with the older woman, I mean maybe she didnt pick up your vibe or she saw you trying to hard, I dont think mentioning you use the elderly game was a great idea either..
Move on go on the other date, Unless you plan on hitting up other girls if you go on that whole group..

My first drink date

Quote: (07-05-2012 11:53 PM)tjf78 Wrote:  

She was nice but I think she lost interest on the street when she asked me about how I approach women. I said that I use elderly game like when a woman has her cell phone out. I ask her if that is a good phone. She said that this game would not work. I told her it works 10% of the time for me. She said have you ever banged your marks, and I said no. I just got some phone numbers. I think that turned her off. I should have said less.

Yeah... you definitely should not have talked about your daygame tactics. Not only did talking about what you do exactly probably creep her out as a girl, the fact that you admitted you've never gotten laid from it DLV'd further. I would never tell girls exactly what I do game-wise. It comes off as extremely PUA-ish (in the worst way) and ruins your mystery.

If she's ever really interested about it, AFTER you bang her, give her a little generic hint, then. "I'm just a social person, people at the bar like to talk about themselves to a friendly guy like me." Otherwise, such talk will probably only hurt you.

If you feel like she will be bringing her friends out to the club, you should go with them too. Gaming when you have a little social proof through a mutual friend is 100x easier than a cold open. Especially as a newbie, you want to socialize and keep your horizons open as much as you can.

My first drink date

Yeah... you definitely should not have talked about your daygame tactics. Not only did talking about what you do exactly probably creep her out as a girl, the fact that you admitted you've never gotten laid from it DLV'd further.

Thanks for the great advice guys. I learned my lesson. I will not try as hard on dates and I will be more relaxed.

My first drink date

Well heres a question for you:

What did YOU think you did wrong?

My first drink date

I'll break this down for you. one comment before i begin though

There are no routines. When you have routines you have no game. This is very "high level" thinking but anyway thats my first comment but feel free to use that stuff if you'd like.

Quick Breakdown:

1. The first error came when she venue changed you. She now owns the date. As soon as she took over you cooked yourself because now she's running the show.
2. You told her you "game" girls with no success. Thats like telling her you have a 1 inch dick! One of the stupidest thing you'll learn about girls is they loveeeeeee hooking up with guys who hook up with a lot of girls. Word spreads like wild fire.
3. Logistical error. You went to her place then said come back to my place? See how you lost the date? You let her run it.
4. Do not contact her. She already told all her friends and friends friends about your attempt. Now all her girly friends know you're trying to game them. Thats a tough bag to work with! If there's a slew of people going out to get hammered then yeah dude just go out, but i'd ignore that girl for sure.

I choose option D. Go get more phone numbers! Go out more! New york city man? I'd have aids by now! Also read the newb post from swifter and ask yourself if you're working that hard!

Good luck!

Quote: (07-05-2012 11:53 PM)tjf78 Wrote:  

Hey all:

I just got back from my first drink date. I met this chick on a line in my college dining hall. I opened her, and quickly got her number after I threw in a false-time constraint. So we went out tonight for a drink at Brass Monkey (thanks to Caligula's great post). It started out good. We ordered drinks, and she did most of the talking. Also, she broke most of the silences. I did the fake palm read, ran the strawberry game, and tried the arm-hold move. She liked everything but would not grab my arm because she was smoking a cig when we started walking. Also, she offered to help me with the bill. I took $20 from her. I thought that she was into me so I asked her to come back to my place for a drink, and we could listen to a French musician (She said she spoke French). She did not respond. About a minute later, SHE SAID that we should grab some food. I SAID SURE because I was hungry. I took her to this meatball restaurant that I liked.

I tried to touch her on the subway. We sat down and I put my arm around her. She slid forward after 30 seconds in order for my arm not to touch her. I took that as a bad sign. We continued to the restaurant. While we ate, she suggested that my friends and I should come out with her to a promoter driven club. I said maybe. She was nice but I think she lost interest on the street when she asked me about how I approach women. I said that I use elderly game like when a woman has her cell phone out. I ask her if that is a good phone. She said that this game would not work. I told her it works 10% of the time for me. She said have you ever banged your marks, and I said no. I just got some phone numbers. I think that turned her off. I should have said less. So after we get our meatballs, the bill comes. I grab it. She opens her wallet and offers to go dutch but I said that I can grab it, and she should cover the next one.

Then I walked her back, and asked her again if she would come back to my room. She said that she was going out to another place to eat with her friend. At this point, I reasoned that I can kiss her when we part. So I drop her back, and her friend is waiting there. I hug her (she did not give me the vibe), and again she mentions that we should go out with all our friends this weekend to a promoter driven club. I made an error and I am realizing it now: I should have venue changed to another club where we could dance. Damn it. I think I could have banged her with that.

My question: Should I (a) go out with her friends and my friends this weekend? This would sabotage my chances of banging her because I would be thrown into the friend zone. Also, it would be good to go to a club with female friends because they can help to ease the tension with other women who you wish to bang. Should I (b) text her Saturday night and tell her and her friends to come where my friends and I are? Should I © never contact her again? Keep in mind that I am still a virgin, and I entered game in February 2011. I realize that this is a performance art (like public speaking), and the more times you get thrown into the fire, the better. Also, I have another date with an older woman (24) at a lounge in Queens tomorrow so I am not upset about this one. I am 22. Any help will be greatly appreciated about this past date and any tips for tomorrow's drink date. I know that I am on the right track!

My first drink date

I was too nervous walking to the venue and my words were coming out like gravel. I did not exude confidence. That is what I think I did wrong. Also, I agreed to her place for the late-night snack. Like WestCoast said, I let her venue-change the date. Oh well, I went on a another date since this one, and I spoke confidentially. I kissed her on the cheek before we parted. Better than my first drink date haha.

I need to get over my approach anxiety with approaching women on nyc streets. I was reading Day Bang but got sidetracked with a sweet Cold War novel by Nelson DeMille "The Charm School." I recommend it. Now I will focus on Roosh's tips about thinking about an entire football stadium laughing at you while you opening a woman. This tactic will convince my subconscious mind that everyone already thinks I am hopeless around women. These mind tricks work! This will be my homework for the next few days, and I will become a good performer. This will allow me to place women lower than I currently place them. Thanks for the tips, and I will make the most out of my time in NYC.

My first drink date

Good stuff dude! Keep getting out there!

As always ask yourself this.

How can a woman have sex with a man who is SCARED of her?

She can't... need to get rid of your anxiety over a ton of approaches.

Quote: (07-19-2012 07:33 PM)tjf78 Wrote:  

I was too nervous walking to the venue and my words were coming out like gravel. I did not exude confidence. That is what I think I did wrong. Also, I agreed to her place for the late-night snack. Like WestCoast said, I let her venue-change the date. Oh well, I went on a another date since this one, and I spoke confidentially. I kissed her on the cheek before we parted. Better than my first drink date haha.

I need to get over my approach anxiety with approaching women on nyc streets. I was reading Day Bang but got sidetracked with a sweet Cold War novel by Nelson DeMille "The Charm School." I recommend it. Now I will focus on Roosh's tips about thinking about an entire football stadium laughing at you while you opening a woman. This tactic will convince my subconscious mind that everyone already thinks I am hopeless around women. These mind tricks work! This will be my homework for the next few days, and I will become a good performer. This will allow me to place women lower than I currently place them. Thanks for the tips, and I will make the most out of my time in NYC.