rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The London Datasheet

The London Datasheet

There is a distinct lack of solid London intel on this forum, despite the fact it is one of the best cities in the world. So here goes.

I would wager that London is one of the few cities in the world where you can meet so many different girls all in the same city. I would say that only New York could rival it.

A favourite saying of London is this: 'If you get bored in London, you have a serious problem.' It's as simple as that. Your options for nightlife, leisure, lifestyle and general fun are pretty much endless.

There are so many different areas of London, it's hard to break them all down in one thread, so I will focus on a few that I know well.

Nightlife

Brick Lane
This is a well known bohemian/artsy type area of London. Think weird hair, roll-up cigarettes, prescription-free glasses and tight jeans and you will get the idea.

Having said that you can find yourself a nice hotty or two around here. The main venues are Vibe Bar - which has an excellent outdoor area and also serves food outdoors during the evening. The other is Big Chill which can get very full but has a good smoking area for chatting.

These venues close quite early around 1.30-2 latest so you can walk up Brick Lane with a girl you've just hooked and walk into any little bar you see open to carry on the game.

Shoreditch
Shoreditch has a similar vibe to Brick Lane, however it is more on the trendy-bohemian side. Whereas Brick Lane is more artsy-bohemian and less mainstream (yes in London even hipster have sub-categories).

Hoxton Square is a hub of around 3 bars or so that are all cool. The main one being Cargo. After 10pm dress policy starts so dress nicely. If they don't like the look of you, you're not going anywhere.

Greenwich
Often referred to as 'Greenwich village.' This is because it has a seaside English town feel to it. Do not be fooled though there is a lot of talent around.

Good venues include The Gipsy Moth - which has an excellent outdoor area. The Trafalgar Tavern which is by the water, so has a nice view for dates and also the Admiral Hardy.

Greenwich is also a nice area in general to walk around and has a lot of history and museums. Good for developing a 'connection.'

Clapham
Clapham is a majority British area with less foreigners. Predominantly middle-class young professionals out to have fun and get drunk. On a Friday and Saturday night the area is absolutely packed wall to wall with people.

You can generally walk along Clapham High Street and walk into any bar you like the vibe of. There really are that many.

Main bars include The Clapham North - a cool, trendy bar with a good vibe and music loud enough to game girls. Highly recommended and very popular. The Railway, similar to the Clapham North, 2 minutes walk from it. B@1 - cool cocktail bar with less intense vibe and you're not surrounded by lots of dudes. Has a few chains over the city and is a good place to take a date also.

Infernos - this place is synonymous with cheesy. It's basically a cheesy nightclub favoured by young people upto the 25 mark. The decor is out of date, the club is average. But it's wall to wall with pussy. I'm not a fan of club game, but you can definitely pull ass in there. There are two floors, each with different music. £10 cover charge.

The Swan - this place is 2 minutes from Clapham in Stockwell. It is an Irish Bar and turns into a nightclub later in the evening. Usually an Irish bar is somewhere that is Irish in name and ownership only. However, here all the patrons are Irish. So if you want an easy Irish flag, come get some!

Me and my friends used to call this place the 'Kill Zone'. Not amazing on quality but high on quantity and ease.

King's Cross
Not really much here, but there are two venues of note.

One is Camino Bar which is a Spanish bar open until 1.30am. This is very popular with South Americans and Spanish.

B@1 is a cocktail bar/lounge which is a nice place for a date. These are chain bars around London, whenever you see one you can guarantee it's a good place to escalate or take a girl on a date.

Angel
This is one of the best areas in London in terms of variety. There are so many bars and clubs to choose from all within a square mile of each other. The main ones include: The Old Queen's head, which is popular with locals and open til around 2am, also with an upstairs, downstairs and decent smoking section.

The Angellic - cool trendy bar generally frequented by girls out to catch up for a drink, but take a wing man and you're set.

Another good bar Keston Lodge.

Leicester Square
Ground zero for tourists in London. Typical cheesy bars and pubs and often frequented by batchelorette parties. However pulls can happen here, as ever with tourist areas. Best option: find a bar with the vibe you like and roll with it.

Day Game

Oxford Street / Piccadilly Circus
This is one of London's main tourist attractions. It's a huge sprawling area of shops, coffee lounges, bars and restaurants. Basically everyone who's not from London goes here. Excellent for meeting a girl who's in town for a few days.

The Tate Modern
This is a world famous art museum. Apart from the opportunity to meet girls it's actually really interesting and has some great exhibitions, well worth a look.

Borough Market / Spitalfields Market
These two venues offer great organic and street food. Borough Market is purely food orientated and is very popular and a good choice for a post-gym food on a Saturday.

Spitalfields market is similar but more clothes orientated, both are recommended.

Tourists attractions in general
London is world renowned for its tourist attractions. Namely - Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Houses of Parliament, etc, etc. So it stands to reason that these places are excellent venues to game girls.

You will often catch one by herself taking pictures of the scenery or of herself...cue you to take one of her. Or you can always pretend you're a tourist and ask her to take a picture of you...thank me later.

The West End is not an area I go to, but if you're flush with cash, there are plenty of high end lounges that you can frequent. These areas include: Mayfair, Chelsea, South Kensington and Fulham.

If you like hookah/shishah bars hit up Edgware road, there are rows and rows of them.

Note: London is not cheap so bring the rain.

Half the fun of London is exploring it.

The London Datasheet

edit

The London Datasheet

Good sheet, +1.

London definitely gets slept on here. It's a great city with serious vibe and culture.

You mentioned Brick Lane - don't forget the great Indian food there. No offense, but most 'traditional' British food is inedible.

Also would add the Globe Theater for picking up tourists. Worked for me, anyway. Hit up the standing room only section, and just wandered around until I found a nice target (Korean). Think about it -they're watching live showings of Midsummer Nights Dream or Romeo & Juliet - what could make a better setting for gaming?

The London Datasheet

Thanks for the rep.

Yes you are indeed correct, British cuisine isn't always the best, although a good Fish & Chips?[Image: wink.gif]

Now the Globe that's a great idea, I still haven't been yet. Might have to check it out and report back.

'To bang or not to bang, that is the question.' [Image: lol.gif]

I also forgot to mention London is one of the best places in the world to mop up a few flags.

The London Datasheet

Quote: (07-29-2012 04:49 PM)dk902 Wrote:  

Thanks for the rep.

Yes you are indeed correct, British cuisine isn't always the best, although a good Fish & Chips?[Image: wink.gif]

Now the Globe that's a great idea, I still haven't been yet. Might have to check it out and report back.

'To bang or not to bang, that is the question.' [Image: lol.gif]

I also forgot to mention London is one of the best places in the world to mop up a few flags.

“What did they do to this fish? Batter it to death?”
“Fish and chips, mate. National dish.”
“More like a natural disaster.”
– Samuel L. Jackson and Robert Carlyle in “Formula 51″

(Just playing brother.)

Definitely go to London for the flags. Almost got a gypsy here - does that count as a flag?

The London Datasheet

How easy is it to find bars/pubs that are open past 12 / 1 am?

The London Datasheet

If you have the cash, and are living in London (versus just visiting), become a member of your choice of London's members-only clubs. Membership ranges usually from £400-1k/year, but the venues are open past when everything else has closed (particularly in Central London / West End; East London you can party all night), and it's a pretty nice venue change when you suggest hitting your private members' club with the unmarked entrance for a custom cocktail (that she HAS to try...).

Bar staff / mixologists are top notch, service is personalized, atmospheres are excellent for escalation. Think dim, private, intimate.

You will NOT be going to these places to pick up other women though - approaching women you don't know will get you kicked out.

The London Datasheet

edit

The London Datasheet

Milk and Honey is one. A membership there means that you can get into their NYC or London locations. They're only good though if you're looking to impress a girl. The drinks are ridiculously expensive, and Milk and Honey has a strict policy where you're not allowed to hit on any girl unless she is the one who comes over to you.

The London Datasheet

Would like to add in Dalston as an area definitely worth checking out for night game. Its really up and coming, seems to be a new bar or club opening every week. Its pretty hipster with a lot of dickheads but there are hotties to be found. Try Passing Clouds which is a live music venue and bar usually with funk bands playing all night. Open until 3am. Also try Efes pool hall which is a dingy ass snooker club that is cool for some reason now. It has a dancefloor with cheesy music and open until 4am too. Also Alibi and Dalston Social are worth having a look. Lots of places on the high St all really close to each other. Night street game works well.

For the daytime London Fields/Broadway market on a Saturday (especially if its a nice day) is a must.

The London Datasheet

Quote: (07-30-2012 12:53 PM)fkexpat Wrote:  

Milk and Honey is one. A membership there means that you can get into their NYC or London locations. They're only good though if you're looking to impress a girl. The drinks are ridiculously expensive, and Milk and Honey has a strict policy where you're not allowed to hit on any girl unless she is the one who comes over to you.

Yes, I'm a member at Milk and Honey. It's only members-only in London though, not NYC. But it includes membership to 3 other members-only clubs around London including one on Brick Lane so you can bounce there if you're out in Shoreditch or whatever.

~£8-10 per cocktail, not really any different from anywhere in the West End/Central London. Unbelievable quality though, some of the best bar staff in London. Usually you're not there for more than a drink or two anyway.

Soho House is another but quite expensive membership. You can ask around or use Google to find more.

The London Datasheet

edit

The London Datasheet

Quote: (07-29-2012 07:53 PM)fkexpat Wrote:  

How easy is it to find bars/pubs that are open past 12 / 1 am?

It's not too difficult. In the case of shoreditch for example it's just a matter of walking around as they are strewn everywhere.

Although some areas take some inside knowledge.

The London Datasheet

Good datasheet. I'd avoid Leicester sq. at all costs. Ridiculous prices, silly door policies at the majority of venues and a massive meat market. Best gaming is student nights, especially at Sports bar. It's so easy to pull there with £1 pints and a fairly good ratio on student nights + no supild boy-girl entry policies if you get there before 10pm.

The London Datasheet

Anything as far NW as the Uxbridge/Ruislip area? Moving over to work for a couple years in that area, still trying to decide where to live, etc. Doubt I could afford the scratch to get a flat downtown, but still trying to learn the area.

The London Datasheet

I don't know NW much. East central is where the vibes are at.

The London Datasheet

Update and requestion--how's the area around Marylebone? May be doable and it's a lot more central than the Uxbridge area for sure.

The London Datasheet

Just found this! Good stuff dk902

The London Datasheet

Who says "London Sucks?" I was there for five days and I could not believe all the tail walking around.

I would def. live there when the weather breaks. Plus, think of all the places in Europe you could fly to in a few hours!

The London Datasheet

shit, this is good stuff.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

The London Datasheet

Another good day game tactic in London is the tube (metro/underground) platform especially on the Piccadilly line eastbound (from Heathrow to Central London). EVERY time I am around that area I get chicks asking for directions who have come in from Russia etc etc.....bear in mind my pussy radar is switched on so I don't have 'here to help' printed on my forehead [Image: smile.gif]....spare underground map always useful

The London Datasheet

anyone around 20-25 years old that wants to go out and look for some pussy?

The London Datasheet

to add to DK's day game places, I recommend Regents & Hyde park.

There is always fine women sitting around relaxing out, but as it's probably freezing over there now, so might wanna check it out as the weather picks up

The London Datasheet

Moved post....

The London Datasheet

I also have a love/hate relationship with London. However, despite being a hard grind there are alot of women there from different backgrounds and a good place to practice game. I agree you have to find a niche that works for you, there are so many different things going on.
I always enjoyed taking the Tube, some really nice talent during rush hours. The great thing is everyone takes it unlike most places in Canada where everyone has a car.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com