rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

On Smoking Cessation

On Smoking Cessation

Well guys, I have finally done it. It's been a couple of months of bullshit but I've finally quit smoking.

I went cold turkey better than a week ago. Some of my coworkers noticed that I was significantly more down than usual (some folks get pissed off, others develop a temporary depression). It was a very bad week.

I found that the best way to quit is to tell absolutely no one. If you have to tell the world to commit yourself to something you're doing it for the wrong reasons, and being gratified with positive attention is one of the best ways to make disappointment harder. Trying and failing publicly seems to kill my ability to self motivate.

In short though, I feel great. Have already noticed a benefit in my general fitness.

On Smoking Cessation

I quit dipping tobacco 2 days ago.

This time for good.

Stay disciplined.

Master Race.

No Vices.

On Smoking Cessation

Respect guys.

Keep it up. It is all about the long run.

On Smoking Cessation

Hey. First post. Me too.. tell no one.

On Smoking Cessation

Day (12?) being smoke free update.

Not going to harp endlessly about all the health benefits, because fuck that. Smoking is a choice and nobody put a gun to my head and made me smoke. I enjoyed every cigarette.
What I have noticed is that since quitting smoking, I breathe very easily and for some reason my general feelings of social anxiety have plummeted to almost nothing. I think it might be psychologically related to breathing easier.
If you do smoke and notice that you have this generalized feeling of anxiety, even approach anxiety, it might be a good idea to learn deep meditative abdominal breathing. My blood pressure has also dropped to like 95/65 at a heart rate of 59 from a high of 121/83 bpm of 66.

My insulin resistance also went down to nothing (evidence by the amount of general hunger and discomfort I don't feel). So if you smoke, consider intermittent fasting to reduce insulin resistance.

On Smoking Cessation

I like to do Snus. I just do it for a month and then quit for a few and get back on if work calls for it.

On Smoking Cessation

Day (?)
Woke up feeling like a bear. Yeah.

On Smoking Cessation

Hang in there. I quit smoking after ten years. Thought it was the hardest thing I ever did until years later when I had to quit snus. Now the only tobacco I'll put in my mouth is a cigar -- which I refuse to give up.
Your body will mind-fuck you. Don't give in no matter how badly you want that nicotine. Congrats to you guys and keep up the good work.

On Smoking Cessation

Switched over to the American Spirit organics to get rid of all the chemicals that mess with your neurotransmitters. It's like smoking pipe tobacco, almost.

Been several months, but I am switching to the gum tomorrow!

Stay strong.

On Smoking Cessation

I am with you on that. Always disliked cigarettes now cigars on the other hand is simply aesthetic. Hats off to those who have quit or in the process.