rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What about Lublin, Poland

I don't know what happened gentlemen, but the thread came out: What about Poland...but it really was about Lublin, Poland. Sorry for that. So starting a new thread, so there is no confusion.

Anybody been to Lublin? which is in the easternmost region of Poland.
In the Bulgaria or Poland thread I started to talk about Lublin, but I think it deserves a separate thread.
I'm planning a trip to Poland soon (bought Bang Poland) and my main candidate cities were Wroclaw and Poznan. Unfortunately, from what I have heard, Wroclaw has a lot of tourists and hosted several Euro Cup 2012 games. The last 2 years, my general strategy has been to set up shop for 2 months in a 2nd tier city, which has very few tourists or foreigners, in countries such as Brazil and the Philippines. This strategy has paid off very well for me and has given me a very good ROI.
So I have been doing some research on other polish cities and one has stood out. This is what Wikipedia has to say about Lublin:
"The Lublin region had the lowest per capita GDP in the European Union until Bulgaria and Romania joined in 2007 (it was 32% of EU average in 2002). It is a part of eastern Poland, which has benefited less from the economic transformation after 1989 than other regions of Poland located closer to Western Europe. While the standard of living in the city of Lublin is considerably higher than in the surrounding countryside, the city's relatively poor economic performance is tied to the poverty of its surrounding region".
"Lublin is regional center of IT companies. Thanks to near 100 000 university students each year, and 5 universities in Lublin which teach computer science Masters of Arts".
Furthermore:
"Lublin is not only the biggest city in eastern Poland, but an important culture core city also. Since accession of Poland into the EU, Lublin has been called "Gate to the East." Since then, many important international events have taken place here, involving Ukrainian, Lithuanian, Russian and Belorussian artists, researchers and politicians. Lublin connects the West with the East. Even frescos at the Holy Trinity Chapel in Lublin are a mixture of Catholic motifs with eastern Russian-Byzantine styles."

Sounds like it has a lot of potential, since it is a poor city and has many universities; which usually is a good combination for a foreign pussy chaser, in terms of DHV and bang opportunities, especially after Euro Cup 2012. And it also seems like it could have a mixed Polish and Ukrainian vibe.
The only problem is that it has a population of only 350,000 (600,000 metro area). Also, I have the feeling that fewer people speak English there and that the locals might not be as friendly as those in western or central Poland.

Thing about poland is there are so many cities. It's a pretty massive country.

We'll see what euro 2012 does to the country. in a few years, the memory should be pretty faded. Out of the top five cities in population, Lodz is the only one not to be hit by euro 2012.

I'm also interested in Lublin as well...

Quote:Quote:

This is why I kind of roll my eyes when guys say my book my harm Poland.

Sales count of Bang Poland so far = about 500 copies

Population of Poland = 38,000,000

Number of cities with over 200,000 inhabitants = 17

Number of cities with over 200k that I mentioned in Bang Poland = 4

The exploration of Poland has only just begun.

I drove through it on my drive to Moscow a couple of years back. From what little I saw it looked like a pleasant enough city,not as industrial as I was expecting. It used to have the cheapest property in Poland,I know that because I was going to buy an off plan apartment there before the crash. There was some lovely countryside around the city especially up along the Belarus border and some poor little towns that might be fun for a night out. Geographically it would be a good place to base yourself what with Belarus and Ukraine being a short drive away. Would give you some fun options.

Quote: (06-30-2012 12:33 PM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

I drove through it on my drive to Moscow a couple of years back. From what little I saw it looked like a pleasant enough city,not as industrial as I was expecting. It used to have the cheapest property in Poland,I know that because I was going to buy an off plan apartment there before the crash. There was some lovely countryside around the city especially up along the Belarus border and some poor little towns that might be fun for a night out. Geographically it would be a good place to base yourself what with Belarus and Ukraine being a short drive away. Would give you some fun options.

Vorkuta, does the level of English proficiency, of the locals, go down the farther east you go in Poland or the regions next to Ukraine and Belarus? Or is it pretty much the same nationwide, or relatively the same compared to Western Poland?
Are the girls a bit different in Eastern Poland than in the Western or Central parts?

I don't know to be honest since I only had nights out in Krakow and Wraclaw. Personally though if I was going to base myself somewhere in Poland then Lublin would probably be my city of choice as I have the same impressions of the area that your questions are implying you do.

Quote: (06-30-2012 01:33 PM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

I don't know to be honest since I only had nights out in Krakow and Wraclaw. Personally though if I was going to base myself somewhere in Poland then Lublin would probably be my city of choice as I have the same impressions of the area that your questions are implying you do.

Yes, Lublin and Bialystok seem like good cities. Przemysl is nice too if you like a bit smaller cities. There are dozens of medium sized cities out there that are worth visiting. Olsztyn seemed nice too.. friendly people. I ended up there by mistake after I missed my stop on the train. I'd recommend taking a trip by train and checking out some cities.

I have been to Przemysl on border runs, it's far too small for me, just a town really. Plus there is no university.

Rzeszow would be a better choice, 750k plus a University

Another good thing to do is look at all the most popular guide books, particularly lonely planet, and go to cities they don't mention, or don't recommend.

Just because a place is small and in a weird place doesn't mean there isn't some "attraction" there that brings a bunch of stupid tourists in. Then again, it probably doesn't matter in poland's case.

I just sort of discovered this city on the map, and looks like an interesting, perfect sized third tier city. Seems pretty accessible from warszaw (I estimate a 2-3 hour drive).

Anybody been there already, this summer?

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)

I've been in Poland briefly; but in Ukraine 6 months, there university girls speak more English-- however IT girls seemed the worst of all worlds: they make about $1000/month in Ukraine, analogous to cock-carousel bitches in Murka. They are inherently unemotional and therefore unfeminine.

IMO exploring Poland to the east from Warsaw-Kraków line is for masochists only. Białystok-Lublin-Rzeszow I’d put them into the same sack: poor infrastructure, logistics are pain in the ass, nightlife suck balls. The best from the three above would be Rzeszow but only for a short period of time (from the other hand who normal cares about Rzeszow when there’s Lvov 2 hours away). But who knows maybe there is a method in this madness.

Quote: (08-06-2012 11:41 AM)polish rumble Wrote:  

IMO exploring Poland to the east from Warsaw-Kraków line is for masochists only. Białystok-Lublin-Rzeszow I’d put them into the same sack: poor infrastructure, logistics are pain in the ass, nightlife suck balls. The best from the three above would be Rzeszow but only for a short period of time (from the other hand who normal cares about Rzeszow when there’s Lvov 2 hours away). But who knows maybe there is a method in this madness.

Rumble, i dont mind being a masochist when it comes to a shithole city, if the women are hot and being a foreigner is a DHV. As I have learned in Bucaramanga, Colombia, just because there are no foreigners whatsoever, doesnt mean poon will be easy or hot. I just figured Lublin because i have seen alot of pics of hot girls from there, it is close to Ukraine, Lithuania, Belarus and it is unchartered territory. So I might still give it a go, though from what your saying it would be easier in Western Poland, though there are many more tourists there. The IT women thing worries me a bit, though.
If you could delve into the differences between an eastern polish girl vs a western polish girls, that would be great info and help for those of us, who want to explore Poland.

I think I like these Eastern cities more ... they are more conservative and support PiS.
Might be a good place to get a girlfriend. I'm thinking of staying in Eastern Poland long term.

I can see this part of Poland being more difficult for most travellers due to less liking of foreigners and more closed, conservative society.

However, what about someone like me who speaks fluent Polish and plans to stay for years? I think I might be more accepted.
What do you think of this area in terms of girls?

Based on the comments in this thread, I got the impression the western and central part of poland is more liberal, especially wroclaw. Lublin desn exaclty looks like the easiest place for gaming...

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)

Warsaw and krakow too many foreigners?

Quote: (08-07-2012 01:06 AM)Spartan Wrote:  

I think I like these Eastern cities more ... they are more conservative and support PiS.

Good point, PIS (Prawo i Sprawiedliwość 'Law n Justice') is a right-wing radical, conservative catholic political party, supported mostly in Eastern Poland and that can give you a good hint about what you can expect there. Other characteristics :

- nationalism
- agricultural regions
- Belarusian & Ukrainian minorities
- Catholicism mixed with Orthodox

Quote: (08-08-2012 03:31 PM)polish rumble Wrote:  

Quote: (08-07-2012 01:06 AM)Spartan Wrote:  

Good point, PIS (Prawo i Sprawiedliwość 'Law n Justice') is a right-wing radical, conservative catholic political party, supported mostly in Eastern Poland and that can give you a good hint about what you can expect there. Other characteristics :

- nationalism
- agricultural regions
- Belarusian & Ukrainian minorities
- Catholicism mixed with Orthodox

I will try pipelining Lublin or some other eastern polish city, through the internet, before I go to Poland. If I get some solid responses, I will head there, for at least a month. If not, then Poznan or Wroclaw it is.
Rumble, any dating sites online you recommend for foreigners looking for Polish girls?

So absolutely no one here has been to Lublin?

I talked to an American guy who has been there, but stayed for a short while. His data didn't help me.

A guy said he knew a black guy who did well by using the internet, but this is a second hand so I don't trust it.

We need boots on the ground.

Quote: (06-30-2012 03:25 PM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

I have been to Przemysl on border runs, it's far too small for me, just a town really. Plus there is no university.

Rzeszow would be a better choice, 750k plus a University

Deb was very helpful in guiding me when I had to make a border run Ukraine->Poland->Ukraine a few months ago.

We went to Przemysl, there is a very nice hostel there. It's not a bad place to go for a border run if you're in Western Ukraine.

But as far as women it was a real dud, I don't think there are sizable colleges, the female quality was far below other larger Polish cities and Ukraine. Colleges attract all the superior blood, and I believe they tend to stay there and improve the cities after they graduate.

Quote: (06-30-2012 11:22 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Not to mention the women there are eager & hunting to meet foreign visitors as well (excluding the obnoxious stag party types).

Quote: (11-18-2012 01:49 PM)yb13 Wrote:  

Not to mention the women there are eager & hunting to meet foreign visitors as well (excluding the obnoxious stag party types).

I met one girl from Lublin on internet. She is dating a Taiwanese and her sister is dating an India. She lives with her parents , sister and niece. She makes 1500 zloty which is about $450 a month and she told me that if she could make 5000 zloty a month that would make her feel like in heaven.

I will check the place out when I go to Poland. One thing that struck me is that it's only 170km away from Warsaw yet the income disparity seems big.

Quote: (11-18-2012 10:16 PM)genjuro Wrote:  

Quote: (11-18-2012 01:49 PM)yb13 Wrote:  

I met one girl from Lublin on internet. She is dating a Taiwanese and her sister is dating an India. She lives with her parents , sister and niece. She makes 1500 zloty which is about $450 a month and she told me that if she could make 5000 zloty a month that would make her feel like in heaven.

I will check the place out when I go to Poland. One thing that struck me is that it's only 170km away from Warsaw yet the income disparity seems big.

Sounds about right as even women in the east are very open about interracial relationships. Just be careful though bc at least in the case of Lodz, you might have some old school ppl that can possess unpleasant racist attitudes based from my experiences. I've heard Lublin can be similar in that regards.

Quote: (11-18-2012 10:06 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

So absolutely no one here has been to Lublin?

I talked to an American guy who has been there, but stayed for a short while. His data didn't help me.

A guy said he knew a black guy who did well by using the internet, but this is a second hand so I don't trust it.

We need boots on the ground.

met a couple of polish girls here in London who'd just come off the back of studying in Lublin, it's got a lot of indian students, watch out Roosh if you take a plunge!

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Bump. Anyone recently been to Lublin?