rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Escape game: you're being hunted by the police and must get out of the country

In New York City you have been charged with a murder you did not commit. The powers-that-be WILL put you away for a long time even though you are innocent. You were able to get out of your house before the arrest party with the following items:

-Clothes on your back
-Backpack with basic toiletries and change of clothes
-Swiss army knife
-Laptop
-Cell phone (locked to your provider)
-Your wallet, which has $200 in cash and all your credit cards
-Your passport

A city-wide manhunt is being implemented as we speak. Soon your face will be on the evening news. Police will be looking for you in bus and train stations.

How do you get out of the country?

throw the ID in the river and burn your face so it's not recognizable, take refuge in the ER. Then escape the ER and ride a greyhound out of town.

The first thing I would do is extract as much money as I can from my credit cards before they're blocked and traced.

-If my bank is open, I'd drain my account for as much as I can. If it's closed, I'd use the ATM
-I'd go to any bank branch and ask for the maximum credit card advance from one credit card. I'd repeat with the others at different banks

Hopefully I'd get at least $2,000-$3,000 from doing this.

The question is if I should hold onto the cards "just in case" or ditch them. They will be monitoring any attempted use.

There seem to be a lot of threads about prison time, crime, escaping out of the country and who knows what of late. I wonder if that's the start of some kind of trend...

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Pull a Michael Jackson and jump in a pool of bleach...

My ideas:
1) Start walking. Cover your head with a cap or hoodie.

2) Get all the cash you can. Empty all your bank accounts and destroy cards. Credit cards allow the authorities to trace you.

3) Got to go old school here. Eletronics and computers are traceable. I'd call 2 or 3 people I trust from cellphone and tell them what's happening. I tell them they must try their best to help me, and that I'll contact them soon, but I don't tell them where I'm going. After that, throw the cellphone away. Laptop too.

4) Change your appearance. If you got some bandages on your backpack, use them on your face, like you have a broken nose. If not, go to the pharmacy and buy some first aid, as you might need it later. Cut your hair if you have a device in the backpack. If not, gtfo.

5) Now it gets tricky. Where to head, north or south?
Mexican border is heavilly guarded and it'll be hard to cross. Going north to Canada through Maine is a possibility. But once in Canada you'll be more isolated.
Still, I'd try to head north. If I could sail, I'd think about heading south to Florida, stealing a boat and fleeing to the Caribbean. As I can't, I'd go to Maine (closer) and try to get on a cargo/fishing ship. Bribe them with your money. The important is to get out of the government's reach asap.

Also, gotta figure out a story as to why you're doing this. Don't tell people the truth. Gotta have a tight story to tell the boat crew or they may turn you in.

From there, it depends on which ship I'm in and where it's heading.
Perfect scenario would be if it was heading some place corrupt/ruthless in Africa or even Latin America. Some place where I could bribe my way in and hide until the dust starts to settle down.

If I was able to get cash, I'd go to a rental car agency and get a car. After that I'd get rid of my cards and also my cell phone. Did you know that authorities can trace your phone even if it's turned off (http://www.thechicagosyndicate.com/2006/...y-fbi.html )? I'd ditch it completely.

At the first rest stop, I would shave my head and beard... at least look as different as I possibly can.

If I wasn't able to rent a car, it would be more difficult to get out of the city..

Quote:Quote:

I'd call 2 or 3 people I trust

I wouldn't do that. People you know are the FIRST ONES the authorities contact. Their phones will be under surveillance.

Is it possible to get out of NYC via boat?

Is it safe to use your laptop? Can they somehow trace that if you use public WIFI?

Why get rid of the cell phone? Just find a tourist, and tell him / her that you're leaving the U.S. forever and no longer need the cell phone. Show him / her that you have some $40 in your Verizon account, then sell him / her the cell phone for $10. If you try to give him / her the cell phone, he / she will be suspicious, but people tend to be less suspicious if they think they're screwing you over in some business transaction, as their greediness clouds their judgement. The tourist might be driving from town to town, making calls here and there, thus sending the police / FBI on a wild goose chase. While they're busy chasing after a red herring, you can try to escape the country.

Go to Florida. Visit some internet cafes and access findacrew.net to try to find a yacht leaving the country. Find some European skipper (German would be perfect) who is not too attached to the U.S. and not too acquainted with U.S. laws. Pay him cash, tell him that you were raped in divorce court and that you're trying to evade a lifetime of alimony payments, and hope that male solidarity will do the trick.

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Quote: (06-24-2012 07:06 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Is it safe to use your laptop? Can they somehow trace that if you use public WIFI?

If you use your Google / Gmail account, the feds can easily subpoena Google and force them to disclose from which IP addresses you have accessed your Google / Gmail account. From those, they can find where you are. Of course, one could always use a proxy...

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Icarus: nice tip. No one thinks of getting out by boat.

While the authorities will be monitoring train and bus stations, I doubt they will be monitoring private lines that have their own stops spread throughout the city.

On Gotobus.com, there is a daily bus from NYC to Tampa that lasts 22 hours and costs only $90, which you may be able to get from selling your phone or laptop in the case you're short on cash.

Once in Tampa, hit up el mechanico for some supplies.

This game is easier if you got some cash from draining your accounts. But if you got $0 ?

I'd call 2 or 3 people I trust

I wouldn't do that. People you know are the FIRST ONES the authorities contact. Their phones will be under surveillance.

Yeah, but read my post again:
Quote: (06-24-2012 06:58 AM)Ringo Wrote:  

3) Got to go old school here. Eletronics and computers are traceable. I'd call 2 or 3 people I trust from cellphone and tell them what's happening. I tell them they must try their best to help me, and that I'll contact them soon, but I don't tell them where I'm going. After that, throw the cellphone away. Laptop too.
I'm basically informing them I'm being chased for something I didn't do, and I asked them to start gathering information to help me. My destination wouldn't be revealed.

Is it possible to get out of NYC via boat?
Probably, but New York is very busy and from my knowledge and limited personal experience (only been there once), the authorities are very strict and always suspicious/cautious, so it might not be the best idea. In a small port town people are more likely to take your bribe, I'd say.

I'm sure they can trace your IP, but I'm a computer ignorant and I can't give many specifics.

Have you ever seen "Body of Lies"? I love the idea the terrorists use there.

Basically, the world is so developed and everyone's so dependent on technology (credit/debit cards, computers, cellphones, etc) that the authorities count on it to find you. If you go primitive style, just cash, no electronics, no calls, do everything face to face, it's really hard to trace you.

Quote: (06-24-2012 07:22 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

While the authorities will be monitoring train and bus stations, I doubt they will be monitoring private lines that have their own stops spread throughout the city.

Even better would be to use Craigslist to find people driving from city X to city Y. If the person giving you a ride asks you for your ID and you show you driver's license, what is he going to do, take a photo of it with his iPhone, and upload the photo to the FBI database to check if you're a criminal? No way. Showing one's ID in such a situation is a mere formality.

Couchsurfing also has ride-sharing groups, but CS could be dangerous, since it is visible to other members from which city one last accessed CS (though one can make that visible only to friends, I believe).

since it is visible to other members from which city one last accessed CS

You can use a VPN to avoid that.

This is what I did in Estonia when I didn't want them to know my city. It would show "Last login from Washington DC".

Quote: (06-24-2012 07:22 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Icarus: nice tip. No one thinks of getting out by boat.

On Gotobus.com, there is a daily bus from NYC to Tampa that lasts 22 hours and costs only $90, which you may be able to get from selling your phone or laptop in the case you're short on cash.

Once in Tampa, hit up el mechanico for some supplies.

This game is easier if you got some cash from draining your accounts. But if you got $0 ?
Quick shot to Cuba two ways. One is ferry ride to Bahamas and fly there on a stolen passport second is to run a boat from key west. I would just hit up one of my friends who wants their boats to disappear (there's many) and charge them 2k for spending money. How do you get a passport that looks like you? You don't want to know but it involves trolling gay bars and lot's of cold medicine. As far as getting to here from NY steal a car preferably a taxi not being used. Crown vic. pm me for details on how to do that from someone elses computer.

Edit: better idea to get to FL from NY, pull a fatty and tell her you're going on Vacation with her and make her drive. I could pull that off in about an hour or two

Edit2: If you're on a boat running to Cuba try to dress like a Frat and cover the boat with fishing poles so if the Coast Guard boards you they just think you're idiots fishing off the keys

Ok, first off unless you killed the President big city cops aren't looking that hard for you except if your particular crime is so shocking to the senses. They have enough on their plate. Even with an arrest warrant for murder you can still move freely about the country. The easiest way is use an I.D card of a relative or friend that looks similar to you. Your best bet is the southern states. It's still pretty easy to establish an identity down there. I found this out after I got out of the military. While visiting family in rural Mississippi I had acquaintances, and family members that didn't exist in the system. They were born through midwives, and never applied for social security numbers. People knew who they were in the small towns, but they had no documents. When they went to grade school they were signed up without SS numbers. There was a bid for a government contract in their area for laborers and truckers. The owners of their companies wanted to keep everything local so I had to help people establish their bonafides. We went and found their birth certificates, school transcripts, and other documents to get them Social Security numbers and drivers licenses. It was so easy it was scary. And it's still not very hard to do down there. Yes, they are part of the federal system, but it's still kinda 3rd world in some of those towns. In this age of ID theft it's still pretty easy to become a new person.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Quote: (06-24-2012 08:08 AM)vinman Wrote:  

While visiting family in rural Mississippi I had acquaintances, and family members that didn't exist in the system. They were born through midwives, and never applied for social security numbers. People knew who they were in the small towns, but they had no documents. When they went to grade school they were signed up without SS numbers. There was a bid for a government contract in their area for laborers and truckers. The owners of their companies wanted to keep everything local so I had to help people establish their bonafides. We went and found their birth certificates, school transcripts, and other documents to get them Social Security numbers and drivers licenses. It was so easy it was scary. And it's still not very hard to do down there. Yes, they are part of the federal system, but it's still kinda 3rd world in some of those towns. In this age of ID theft it's still pretty easy to become a new person.

Bruce Schneier wrote an article related to that in 2008:

How to create the perfect fake identity

I'd go to an Internet cafe,open a new email account and send a message to my closest friend saying he needs to meet me at a place only we know ( I,e I would not name the place directly in the email ). He would come in his car making sure he was not followed and I'd get into the trunk and tell him to drive me down to the Mexkcan border. I'd cross the border somehow and disappear into Central America.

I have this conversation with myself every now and then but about escaping the UK. My closest family member who I trust my life to has £5000 GBP of mine which is for just such emergencies,I would tell him to bring it in his car,I hide in the trunk and he drives me over to France. From there I would make my way to Russia after crossing illegally into it from Latvia. Once in Russia I have friends with strong enough contacts to make sure I'd never be found or hopefully never be touched. I'd marry locally to get Russian citizenship and resume a normal life.

1) Get as much cash out of bank accounts as possible.

2) Alter appearance. Shave head, dark glasses, maybe get my hands on some stage makeup. Grow a beard instantly through sheer force of will.

3) I wouldn't try to leave the city immediately. Lay low for a few weeks, in a safehouse if you've got one. Failing that, trade a bum for his mangy clothes and live in an alley until the heat dies down.

4) Start popping off fast food restaurants and chain stores. Their employees are all trained to cooperate. 99% of criminal who get caught are idiots. For the typical RVF member, little scores would be cake.

5) Get a fake passport, a suitcase full of cash, and choose your new home.

6) Learn sword-fighting, philosophy and table manners, then return in fifteen years to have your vengeance on your false accuser. Count of Monte Cristo style, but you get to lay on a Cambodian beach instead of languish in a Corsican prison.

Blog: Thumotic
Red Pill links: The Red Pill Review
Follow me on Twitter

Thanks. I'll look him up.

Quote: (06-24-2012 08:25 AM)Icarus Wrote:  

Quote: (06-24-2012 08:08 AM)vinman Wrote:  

While visiting family in rural Mississippi I had acquaintances, and family members that didn't exist in the system. They were born through midwives, and never applied for social security numbers. People knew who they were in the small towns, but they had no documents. When they went to grade school they were signed up without SS numbers. There was a bid for a government contract in their area for laborers and truckers. The owners of their companies wanted to keep everything local so I had to help people establish their bonafides. We went and found their birth certificates, school transcripts, and other documents to get them Social Security numbers and drivers licenses. It was so easy it was scary. And it's still not very hard to do down there. Yes, they are part of the federal system, but it's still kinda 3rd world in some of those towns. In this age of ID theft it's still pretty easy to become a new person.

Bruce Schneier wrote an article related to that in 2008:

How to create the perfect fake identity

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

4) Start popping off fast food restaurants and chain stores. Their employees are all trained to cooperate. 99% of criminal who get caught are idiots. For the typical RVF member, little scores would be cake.

Some skilled robbers get caught because a policeman happens to be nearby. Seems like a risky way to get cash.

If the economy wasn't so bad, maybe showing up in Home Depot to get a day laborer job for a couple days can raise funds for bus tickets.

pro tip for all my boys at the Roosh V Forum:

The easiest EASIEST way to steal a vehicle is to get one from a hotel valet. Go to a hotel and look around in the parking deck/parking lot.

Find the car you want. On the dashboard will be a ticket number. Memorize that ticket number.

Go back into the hotel and walk out the front door and up to the valet. Tell him that you are picking up your car, hand him a 10 dollar bill and tell him the number. Valet's aren't going to do shit. They are going to take their tips and give you a car. I know. I was a valet.

Free car.

I get the sense that shutting down a major city is pretty impossible. The cops could monitor you credit card activity or flag you at the airports, but buses have to be much harder. They could spread your picture around Grand Central, but there's Bolt and Megabus that pick up on the street and the Chinatown buses downtown. Worst case, you could just walk across the GW Bridge.

There have got to be a lot of places where someone with a reasonable amount of intelligence and good work ethic can go, earn some decent scratch, and mind his own business. You do that for as long as it takes to build up a decent bankroll and then take off for Central America or SE Asia or anywhere you can live comfortably and keep a low profile.

I would guess that most criminals don't have a very large network to turn to or much of a global outlook, unless they're connected to some larger organization like a cartel. Most guys probably have their hood and maybe some relatives or friends somewhere else, so it's easy enough for the cops to sit on those locations. Also, a lot of criminals don't seem to mind prison or at least they see it as just a part of the life. For a civilian like me, I'd rather die than spend the next 30 years of my life in prison. There's no upside to it. Even if I managed to not be intimidated or constantly victimized by dudes in the life, the best case is a life spent living in a cage, surrounded by filth, and having no access to poosy.

By the way Roosh, if you ever get locked up, I look forward to reading Bang (or how not to get banged) Behind Bars.

A lot of guys here are so connected to the financial network with their corporate jobs or internet businesses (like me) that making cash upfront would definitely be stretching. If you put me on the street right now I would have struggle for the short term, but I'd probably try my hand in the restaurant industry as a dishwasher first. Or maybe a mover.

Bang (or how not to get banged) Behind Bars.

[Image: jailhump.gif]

This sort of stuff is a hobby of mine.

I'm going to answer just Roosh's post for the sake of the narrative, but I'll just pick up on a few things that have come to mind on reading this thread immediately. Bear in mind I've never been to New York so I don't know how it works/what efficiency the police have, etc.

Firstly; You need to keep more than $200 in cash. I don't consider myself a big hoarder, but I have well over $3k across the places I live. This is in addition to gold/silver/valuables, and multiple bank accounts. Preferably you want bank accounts in more than one country. Domestic bank accounts would become useless almost immediately if you were a real 'person of interest' (i.e. you killed someone important, whatever. Nobody really cares about most crime.)

You wouldn't want to use cash machines anyway, because they've got cameras.

Anyway, most importantly for everyone reading, you need to practice this sort of stuff. I guarantee if you haven't practiced, you won't do in the heat of the moment. I know of 'survivalists' who write outlandish plans for fending off a swat team in their home who get mugged by crack-addled 14 year olds. Or people who stockpile loads get caught losing everything in house fires.

You aren't going to be able to stay under the radar unless you know where you're going, you've got the tools and skills to do it, and you have an endgame in mind. I guess this is what this thread is for.

In New York City you have been charged with a murder you did not commit. The powers-that-be WILL put you away for a long time even though you are innocent. You were able to get out of your house before the arrest party with the following items:

-Clothes on your back
-Backpack with basic toiletries and change of clothes
-Swiss army knife
-Laptop
-Cell phone (locked to your provider)
-Your wallet, which has $200 in cash and all your credit cards
-Your passport

A city-wide manhunt is being implemented as we speak. Soon your face will be on the evening news. Police will be looking for you in bus and train stations.

How do you get out of the country?

I know it has been suggested by 'backpack with clothes and toiletries' but I'd advise everyone keep a bag by their door (in their office cupboard, in their car) ready to go. It should have:

- copies of all your vital documents.
- different clothing.
- first aid gear.
- camera/photo equipment. You could probably have some sort of tablet nowadays, but I don't (yet.)
- Spare phone/sim cards/micro sd cards.

Have a usb stick/MicroSD card with all the stuff that might be useful. Preferably have something to read it off. Scan documents that are important and keep a digital record of them. obviously encrypt it using a long password and don't lose it.

- Any meds you're on, have some in here.
- A Small blanket, which'll double as a towel.
- A torch of some kind. Paper/pen/something to write on.

You get the idea. The kit is hardly anything in the scale of things, but it is something we can all have ready right now. Most important are the details of where you're going.

Also, it is important to go into detail about the crime. Are you expecting to be exonorated in the future or is this an 'all of your life expat thing?'

Leave your cell behind, and probably most of your credit cards with your parents or someone. They'll be useless. If you're on the run, you'll use your spare phone with pre-paid sims, and you'll switch it off. Use postal mail to let your family know you're alive, as well as to your lawyer - which I'm hoping you have. Don't put any info in those that you wouldn't want law enforcement to know.

Change the clothes you're wearing to the least descript ones you can find/buy for cheap. You need to change your appearance; put on a hooded jumper, baggy jeans, cheap trainers. Buy glasses if you don't wear them, get a hat, shave your head (or grow it really long, same with beard.)

You should already know where you're going, preferably how to get there. Acquire some transport, and go. Don't take any unnecessary risks. Life isn't a movie, you'll get caught and fucked.

I've written this thinking you only have a few minutes. As in, your friend calls you up and says 'the police will be there in five minutes.' If you have an hour, you should stock your car and you could be anywhere within a fifty mile radius by the time the police cars arrive.

If you've got a whole day/night, the possibilities are endless.