rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Stride: "A Little Bit Epic" is a WHOLE LOTTA BETA

Can we break this down please? The girl broke his heart, so he gets himself all jazzed up to say "Hey" and open the door for her (awkward logistics on the actual door open, btw) and that's viewed as a huge victory?

Is this what things have been reduced to!?

I love how she is presumably turned on by this, when in real life she'd probably have a mild reaction then turn to her phone (a white iPhone 4 with a "cute" case / cover) and talk about how creepy her ex was at the coffee shop to her friends.

Kill me

Deplorable.

The door opening: Beta move of the year. The look on his face when he awkwardly holds the door open: omega male.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

The guy has a beta face too. Big girly eyes that look like they are about to burst into tears at any moment.

Even the werewolf jumping over the desk was more alpha.

The beta part is not the opening of the door. The beta part is all of the fantasies in his head about a woman he has not yet spoken a single word to. That is the definition of beta.

The worst part is when the VO "maybe a little bit epic" in that trying-to-be-snarky ironic tone.

The problem with this is that it promotes trying to relate to girls by acting like them.

Taken to extremes, the ultimate end of this line of thinking is lesbianism. If women want feminine, there's no way a man can compete for a woman against another woman.

Our culture is pushing for non-gendered homoginization. All the products that were previously marketable to only men or only women will soon have both sexes at their mercy. I'm going to start stocking up manpons™ before they become the next "epic" rage for 'dudes.'

No way in hell a normal girl would react that positively to an obsessed male jumping in her personal space to breathe like he just ran a marathon and make spaced out eye contact while saying "hey" in an androgynous voice.

Similar to BEDAZZLED (1967) where Dudley Moore endures every temptation by the Devil (Peter Cooke) trying to ask a girl out.

This is the vision of male sexuality that feminists want to cast far and wide: weak, timid, and (most importantly) non-threatening. At the end of the day, what drives feminism is an outright paranoid fear of natural male sexuality--as seen in, among many other things, the alarmism over so-called "rape culture" and in the insistent eroding away at signs of masculinity. That's precisely what's depicted in the imagery in this commercial, stupid movies like 500 Days of Summer, and other cultural artifacts: a weak, castrated male who pines and waits hand-and-foot over the strong, decisive, in-control woman. Meanwhile, the diminishing alpha-male populace is simultaneously rewarded for his naturally attractive behavior while, at the same time, being proscribed by a fearful mass of weak men and unattractive women.

The hardest thing to be in this world in an enlightened alpha male. You know too much and you have very few people on your side.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (06-23-2012 12:33 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

The hardest thing to be in this world in an enlightened alpha male. You know too much and you have very few people on your side.

Easy on the victim talk - we do get rewarded with all the pussy!

The analysis is spot on though. Male sexuality is being pathologised. It's fucking scary to see these neutered drones following their fem-bosses around like little lapdogs.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

This is the vision of male sexuality that feminists want to cast far and wide: weak, timid, and (most importantly) non-threatening. At the end of the day, what drives feminism is an outright paranoid fear of natural male sexuality--as seen in, among many other things, the alarmism over so-called "rape culture" and in the insistent eroding away at signs of masculinity. That's precisely what's depicted in the imagery in this commercial, stupid movies like 500 Days of Summer, and other cultural artifacts: a weak, castrated male who pines and waits hand-and-foot over the strong, decisive, in-control woman. Meanwhile, the diminishing alpha-male populace is simultaneously rewarded for his naturally attractive behavior while, at the same time, being proscribed by a fearful mass of weak men and unattractive women.

Honestly, I don't think feminist doctrine is to blame. It's simply the female id unleashed. Women want to be desired by men and envied by women. Even if she is not interested in a handsome man, she wants him to desire her. She wants everything on her terms, to have the ball in her court where she decides, even if she has no intent of making something happen. She wants to have a gaggle of male admirers, to boast to her friends of the 'dramas' in her life. This is why they give advice like 'bring her flowers' - provided he's not a total loser, i.e. an omega, it will make her feel good. It just won't make her want to fuck the average guy, when she can avail herself of alpha dick without much consequence to her reputation.

Some of history's best players snared the most desirable women with tactics that would be considered cloyingly beta by us, like deluging her with roses and love notes.

When a girl had to fuck and marry one man for life, and be modest to preserve her reputation, there's a whole lot less lattitude for getting your gaggle on, attention whoring on Facebook and the like.

I also hate the nerd humor on display in this ad. 'Epic,' the overwrought cartoonish sketches... I HATE internet nerd humor.

Absolutely true. I have officially hit the loss of friends zone. One by one being wed off into marriages where I know the girl was a complete slut. Appalling to say the least. Trick is to be completely "beta" at work then flip the script when you walk out the door. I currently lean on "alpha" still because I can lean on being "young and just partying"

I wonder what percent of American males actually think like the commercial guy?

Super beta -- omega.