rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Shaved head

Shaved head

I just started shaving my head. I have a receding hairline, and I think it looks much better shaved. Sort of a mister clean, the soap guy look. I have a goatee as well. Does anybody have any tips for keeping the head shaven, types of whip cream, razors (the disposoables aren't that great) and skin care? My hair grows back every week, although not in the receding areas.

Shaved head

Www://headblade.com. Great products, Rite Aid carries it as well. Use there shave cream on my face too.

Also look at the Wahl Balding clippers on Amazon. (mine are maroonish). They're great...that's what I use. Cuts as low as probably a 2 or 3 day growth. About $40-$50

Shaved head

I read a few review where it said it doesn't cut that close. I guess you can change the blades for that?

Shaved head

No, it doesn't come with any changable combs, etc. it's just one length option - which is the lowest/shortest I've seen from clippers. I've also had about 3 pairs of the headblade sport clippers. They're not too bad, but nowhere near as good or low as cut as the Wahl ones.

FYI - none of these options will be close to as low as a blade/razor, but if you're going to continue to shave your head, I think you'd get good value out of them as I'd never take the time to do the razor thing all the time. Convenience of Wahl works for me.

Shaved head

i've been wanting to cut my hair really short since it's summertime but i don't htink i can pull it off.

i was thinking of just saying "fuck it" and get a buzz but then i realized that i'm not so sure if my face structure is good for a shaved head. i've got a "round" face and thick, black hair. wondering if a "round" face structure looks suitable for short buzz cut esque hairstyles.

thoughts?

Shaved head

Are you looking for the super smooth look or just something slightly shorter than a Number 1?

What I suggest:

* I've used Gillette Fusion and Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5, not sure if you can get them in the US
* Use oil and cream - don't skimp on this, and don't use foams or gels, I found I cut myself a whole lot less using good Shaving Cream
* If you want to be smooth, you're gonna have to go against the grain, but don't let that put you off.

Shaved head

no, i definitely don't want a number one, i don't want to be damn near bald; but i want something short and low maintenance. i actually really don't know what kind of style i want, i just know i'm tired of having thick ass long hair during the summertime. i think i'm just gonna get my head shaved with the longest clip and take it from there.

Shaved head

If you are going to keep your hair short anyway, you may as well smear some Minoxidil up there. It will give you more options in the future.

Shaved head

I've been shaving myself bald for the past few months.

I use a standard razor with shaving cream. Is that beta?

Shaved head

The balding clippers might be good. I also have a head birthmark. I nicked yesterday when shaving, and it bleed for at least an hour. Head wounds are slow to heal usually. I don't think I can get rid of the birthmark, its 3 mm raised mole at the top of my head. For closeness I would like smooth. Although the hair grow back in a few days anyway, looks like a close buzz than.

Not so sure about Rogaine Lemmo, the side effects sound nasty, and you have to always use it.

Shaved head

Quote: (06-25-2012 12:05 PM)kbell Wrote:  

I don't think I can get rid of the birthmark, its 3 mm raised mole at the top of my head.

What diameter is it? I had a lot of moles on my head and when I finally felt it was time to shave my head ( I was going bald and refused to be one of those guys who has a comb-over ) I had them all removed,very cheap and easy process.

Shaved head

around 3 or 4 mm. How did they remove it?

Shaved head

3/4 mm will not be a problem,I had bigger ones removed.

They cauterize them off. It's not painful and healed in a week. I'm really happy with the results.

Shaved head

ANy tips for shaving the back of the head? I tend to just feel around there, but it would be nice to see and shave there. I bought one of those racing shaver things it looks like a toy car.

Shaved head

Quote: (07-08-2012 07:12 PM)kbell Wrote:  

ANy tips for shaving the back of the head? I tend to just feel around there, but it would be nice to see and shave there. I bought one of those racing shaver things it looks like a toy car.

Get used to shaving your entire head and face in the shower with no mirror. Just do it by touch. When you finish in the shower, go look in the mirror for any spots you missed. It takes a couple weeks to get used to, but soon you will not need a mirror to shave any more. This is a good skill to acquire.

I never use a mirror anymore for shaving and it just took doing it a few times.

Shaved head

how about let it grow little bit like Jason Statham? I would choose to be a bald if I had a look like that....

Shaved head

I use some regular Wahl clippers, that have an adjustable head so I can go very close but still not quite to the "bone", so to speak. I shaved my head with a razor once, kind of a pain in the ass if you ask me. A friend of mine does it and says every now and then he cuts himself pretty good. Clippers work well and are perfectly safe. Cut once a week or more if you wish, and you'll be good to go.

Whether you shave or use clippers, chicks dig the short hair, especially if you're balding, it's way better to just cut it all off. At first you may think you look weird, but you'll get used to it. Also, the older you are, the better it will suit you, especially if you're trim.

Shaved head

Really considering taking the hair off. The receding hairline is just getting too bad and starting to look goofy. I would probably go with an extremely low buzz rather than razor. I'm lookin for a serious opinion on how It would look since my friends don't take me serious/have always seen me with hair. Are there any sites where I can virtually shave it for free? or maybe somebody who knows about style I can pm a photo to?

Shaved head

To add to that I am always just extremely insecure about which way the wind is blowing my thinning bangs and all that shit. I stress over my shitty haircuts I usually get. I think it would be a relief if it was gone. Even if I don't like it much, at least it would be consistent.

Shaved head

i experience diffuse thinning. i shave every week with the wahl balding clippers.

Shaved head

Quote: (06-22-2012 12:38 PM)the chef Wrote:  

i've been wanting to cut my hair really short since it's summertime but i don't htink i can pull it off.

i was thinking of just saying "fuck it" and get a buzz but then i realized that i'm not so sure if my face structure is good for a shaved head. i've got a "round" face and thick, black hair. wondering if a "round" face structure looks suitable for short buzz cut esque hairstyles.

thoughts?

Same facial structure here. But I'm ready to say fuck it and go ahead with it anyways. If you're comfortable doing it then that's all that really matters. People will get used to you with short hair once you have it that way for awhile. Or so I keep telling myself....

Shaved head

Quote: (07-12-2012 08:21 AM)Sebastian Wrote:  

how about let it grow little bit like Jason Statham? I would choose to be a bald if I had a look like that....

Statham rocks that look perfectly. I love that dude. But I'm not nearly in the type of shape he is. People with a good physique do seem to make that look work better.

Shaved head

I said fuck and did it .... kinda liking it so far

Shaved head

Nice one. Razor or no guard clippers?

Shaved head

Quote: (06-24-2012 10:55 AM)Lemmo Wrote:  

If you are going to keep your hair short anyway, you may as well smear some Minoxidil up there. It will give you more options in the future.

Minoxidil (Rogaine) works for the crown of the head only though, right? It won't do much for his receding hairline. Or so I've been told by others.