rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Obesity Animation

Obesity Animation

I am a European, but I just saw this video, and I wonder..

What happened? The Internet? Did fast-food marketing get better and better? Why the sudden increase in recent years?

[Image: huh.gif]

Obesity Animation

People eating out more, cooking at home less
Bigger portions in restaurants
More 'low-fat' offerings that have more sugar, and are less filling --> people eat more.
Increased proportion of minorities who have higher obesity rates than whites
Food industry getting better at using additives and creating formulas to make us eat more.

Obesity Animation

Quote: (06-19-2012 05:14 PM)muc Wrote:  

What happened?

1. The invention of high-fructose corn syrup (1970s)
2. Shittification of health education in schools
3. Larger portion sizes in fast-food and mid-shelf "family" restaurants
4. Plummeting wages forces more housewives into the workforce
5. Feminism created sense of entitlement to "a career" which depressed wages in the first place, creating a generation or two of latch-key kids
6. The spread of electronic media that made a sedentary life more common
7. Culture of paranoia which made parents prohibit kids from just playing outside
8. Federal subsidies of corn and unhealthy foods
9. The erosion of fat stigma in the media and popular consciousness
10. The explosion of marketing of unhealthy foods
11. The erosion of corporate regulation generally
12. The loss--and willful ignorance--of common-sense domestic skills like cooking healthy meals among American girlfriends and wives.
13. Working longer hours for the same salary or less.

The list goes on.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Obesity Animation

Ha! I live in the last blue square.

Two weeks ago I traveled to Tulsa Oklahoma and compared to what I am seeing in Colorado my mind was blown. Every aisle I went down in the grocery store had more shockingly obese people. I am talking scooters, and four hundred pounders. I would say that around 50% of the population was outright obese. I wanted to take out my iPhone and shoot pictures, but the people were too down to Earth (literally) and nice that it would have been rude.

It was then that I realized just how bad the obesity epidemic really has become. This was a nice part of town also. It is embarrassing to think what a foreigner would think. For the sake of my country I encourage the people of the world to come to Colorado, the last relatively thin state (and bring your women too)!

Obesity Animation

What's going on in Colorado?

Obesity Animation

Quote: (06-19-2012 07:06 PM)iop890 Wrote:  

What's going on in Colorado?

This just went down in my hometown a few weeks ago.

People like going outdoors here. Mountain biking, kayaking, camping, hiking, fishing, skiing, snowboarding. A lot of people get off of their arses. Then again a lot of the girls dress like dudes in Colombia and Patagonia outdoors gear, although there seem to be more summer dresses this year [Image: smile.gif]

Obesity Animation

I'll go ahead and post 2010 since the video stopped early. A few more dark red states(including mine[Image: angry.gif]), and Colorado finally falls, you put up a good fight. Never forget!

Fun fact: Mississippi is the fattest state.

[Image: map26.jpg]

Obesity Animation

Say it ain't so! Colorado has fallen too? Remember Colorado... the last blue holdout. We put up a valiant fight.

Thanks iop890, I won't forget!

Personally, I am blaming the aging baby boomers.

Obesity Animation

They're going to have to make a new color in the map key by the end of this year.

That dark red isn't accurate

Nope.

Obesity Animation

I don't believe Colorado fell.

Obesity Animation

Part of it too may be the demographic aging of America. People tend to gain more weight as they age. I wonder what the map would look like if only included people under 40?

Obesity Animation

Quote: (06-19-2012 09:30 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Part of it too may be the demographic aging of America. People tend to gain more weight as they age. I wonder what the map would look like if only included people under 40?

Good Point. For the sake of the forum obesity among women aged 18-35 would be really fun to see.

Obesity Animation

Yeah, age might be a factor. The median age was about 30.5 in 1980, now it's 36.

As I suspected, Colorado isn't as much of an outlier when you only look at whites. California's whites have a obesity rate 3.6 percentage points higher. Keep in mind, the number of fatties is double the obesity rate - people classed as overweight are usually fat too.

[Image: m827a2f.gif]

In fact, when looking at whites, the thinnest state in the Union is... DC!

The white obesity rate makes for a good White Trash aka People of Wal-Mart ranking of the states:

State White Obesity Rate (%)

West Virginia30.2
Mississippi 27.6
Kentucky 27.4
Alabama 27.3
Oklahoma 27.3
Arkansas 27.1
Tennessee 27
Ohio 26.6
Missouri26.5
Michigan26.2
Indiana26.1
Kansas25.7
Nebraska25.7
Iowa25.5
South Dakota25.3
North Dakota25.1
South Carolina25.1
Alaska25
Pennsylvania25
Louisiana24.9
North Carolina24.9
Oregon24.6
Wisconsin24.5
Delaware24.3
Minnesota24.3
Washington24
Idaho23.6
Maine23.6
Virginia23.6
Georgia23.5
Texas23.5
Illinois23.4
New Hampshire22.9
Nevada22.8
New York22.8
Utah22.6
Wyoming22.5
Maryland22.4
New Jersey21.9
Arizona21.7
Vermont21.2
Montana21
Florida20.9
Rhode Island20.1
Massachusetts20
Connecticut19.9
California19.8
New Mexico19.5
Hawaii16.4
Colorado16.2
D.C.9

Link

Obesity Animation

^^^

I kinda chuckled at "insufficient sample size" on blacks from Idaho, Montana, or the Dakotas. Haha. You'd have like one obese black guy in the whole state of South Dakota that would throw the reading to 100% obese.

I'd imagine like to see this male/female as well. I feel like most black dudes I come across are pretty fit, yet black females are at least a majority overweight. I'd also like to see this based on income. I think this would be interesting. The correlation between income and thinness would be pretty strong IMO. As everybody knows Micky D's is cheaper than fresh veggies.

Also, sorry but DC has no business being compared to states ever, for any statistical reason. It should only be compared on a city to city basis. I'm willing to bet the farm that people in the urban environments are more health-conscious than people in the boonies. Its simply an unfair comparison. I'll bet lots of cities (e.g. Seattle, Minneapolis, etc.) would have white obesity around 10%.

Obesity Animation

Quote: (06-20-2012 12:33 AM)_DC_ Wrote:  

^^^

I kinda chuckled at "insufficient sample size" on blacks from Idaho, Montana, or the Dakotas. Haha. You'd have like one obese black guy in the whole state of South Dakota that would throw the reading to 100% obese.

I'd imagine like to see this male/female as well. I feel like most black dudes I come across are pretty fit, yet black females are at least a majority overweight. I'd also like to see this based on income. I think this would be interesting. The correlation between income and thinness would be pretty strong IMO. As everybody knows Micky D's is cheaper than fresh veggies.

Also, sorry but DC has no business being compared to states ever, for any statistical reason. It should only be compared on a city to city basis. I'm willing to bet the farm that people in the urban environments are more health-conscious than people in the boonies. Its simply an unfair comparison. I'll bet lots of cities (e.g. Seattle, Minneapolis, etc.) would have white obesity around 10%.

Yup, black women are in a league of their own. I can find the stats later, but blacks are the only group where the women have bigger waists than the men, 36" vs 35" IIRC. And the correlation is really between obesity and class, for which income is a rough proxy. Valid point about DC.

At least among whites, the obesity and overweight rates are roughly equal. But BMI vastly understates female obesity - an overweight woman is a lot fatter than an overweight man. White women are twice as fat as the men.

Obesity Animation

^^^ basil that's correct, I would say the acceptable upper limit for average woman should be more like 22 BMI, while 25 for men, due to larger amount of muscle mass in men. But it would be the best to get the info about body fat measurements, this BMI business doesn't really tell us much (or perhaps something like "weighted" BMI where the average athleticism of the demographic group would be taken in consideration.

Or fuck all of this, the best survey would be get a group of red blooded straight, not chubby-chasing men and get them to rate a few thousand of full body shots of women in their underwear (or at least in a very form-fitting athletic gear), carefully chosen so that the sample is well representative of the whole population. Rate in 4 categories like 'slim/athletic', 'acceptable', 'fat' and 'obese'. You may need a strong stomach for this. I'm sure the results would be quite depressing.

Obesity Animation

Quote: (06-19-2012 07:28 PM)iop890 Wrote:  

I'll go ahead and post 2010 since the video stopped early. A few more dark red states(including mine[Image: angry.gif]), and Colorado finally falls, you put up a good fight. Never forget!

Fun fact: Mississippi is the fattest state.

[Image: map26.jpg]

Take a look at New York which has a very sophisiticated public transportation system then take a look at some southern states with the lake thereof. This along with aforementioned reasons other people mentioned contribute to the obesity rates.

Obesity Animation

Quote: (06-20-2012 09:19 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

Quote: (06-20-2012 12:33 AM)_DC_ Wrote:  

I'd imagine like to see this male/female as well. I feel like most black dudes I come across are pretty fit, yet black females are at least a majority overweight.

Yup, black women are in a league of their own. I can find the stats later, but blacks are the only group where the women have bigger waists than the men, 36" vs 35" IIRC.

You're both correct-I'll grab the stats for you.

CDC has FastFacts on Black American health here. Scroll down a bit to "health risk factors" for numbers on obesity and a corresponding PDF that goes into more detail. The figures:

A. Percent of men 20 years and over who are obese: 38.1%
(2007-2010)
B. Percent of women 20 years and over who are obese: 54.2%
(2007-2010)

Black American women are by far the fattest demographic in the United States, and easily the biggest in the developed world. You would have to go to Samoa to find bigger women (certain Pacific Islanders and perhaps Kuwaitis are the only women with higher obesity rates on the planet-even Black Africans, Afro-Latinos and Caribbeans are much smaller).

This difference is worse than it looks because of the muscle issue that Basil correctly outlines. Women in general carry much more body fat and less muscle than do men, and blacks are no different here. If you were to cut all of the "obese", but still muscular and low-fat folks from these measures, you'd probably be able to cut out another 5 or so percentage points from the male obesity figure up there.

Put simply, the average black male in this country will have a tough time finding a fit woman even if he himself is not obese-there simply are not enough of them to go around, and the few that exist are understandably demanding.

This is why I am always critical of those who try to claim that black men have a natural propensity to prefer fat/obese women. Any association average black guys have with these women is more a function of environment than natural preference-for most of these guys, fit women are rare, and MOST (again, 54%) of the women they run into will be obese or close to it. There simply aren't any other options for all but the most attractive of them (top athletes/entertainers, white collar professionals and otherwise affluent black men with some status can pretty much ignore the fatties, and they almost always do).

Similarly, people often conclude that white men naturally prefer smaller women than black men do. That is an easy conclusion to make when one group of females has literally half the obesity rate of the other-in terms of access to fairly fit women, white men live in relative abundance (aided further by their greater access to asian women, who have an obesity rate less than a fifth (under 10%) of the black american female equivalent).

In conclusion: If you're an average black male, I hope you can get your mind acclimated to body rolls. Chances are that unless you're among an elite few, that is all you're going to touch unless you get a passport and hop on a plane.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Obesity Animation

I agree with Athlone here. But what's your description of an average black guy. Is it how he dresses/carries himself or is it based on pure physical looks (i.e. a skinny dude vs a muscled athletic dude)?

But I do believe when it comes to obesity it pays for one to workout their bodies. Everytime I took a cruise somewhere, I noticed most of the males (from all ethnicities) we're obese. Now image a guy thats well toned on that boat. He'll def be one of the top percentage of males on that boat.

It sucks but sometimes the average fatty will have to work sometimes. In desparations you gotta bang what you can. But that's why we travel right? So we can get what we desire because the US cannot always fulfil our needs women wise.

EDIT: woo I got the chubby chaser title.

Nope.

Obesity Animation

If you look at our magazines, "Curves", "Black Men", "King", " Smooth" I believe most of the women on their are considered obese.

I would take a 5'5" 145LB women with a flat stomach over a 5'5" 120LB woman any day. I believe the 145-160 range is obese. Look at Athlone is she a 10 pics. Alot of his chicks are thick and the "average" black dude would be more attracted to them. It's personal preference, but I see where Athlone is going with his argument.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Obesity Animation

Quote: (06-21-2012 12:28 AM)Rosca Wrote:  

I agree with Athlone here. But what's your description of an average black guy. Is it how he dresses/carries himself or is it based on pure physical looks (i.e. a skinny dude vs a muscled athletic dude)?

Average income, average career, average education, average background, average appearance. Walk down the street in your average neighborhood (assuming it has a sizable black population), and these are the guys you'll see driving the cars and walking the streets. 80% or more of the population fits this bill.

The "elite few" I mentioned constitute maybe 3% of the population. They're the "good black man" black women complain so much about not being able to find (affluent, very good looking, great career, well educated or some combination of all of these things, not necessarily all at once). These men can ignore fatties.
Everyone else either goes whaling every now and then or jacks off.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Obesity Animation

Quote: (06-21-2012 01:59 AM)TexasMade Wrote:  

If you look at our magazines, "Curves", "Black Men", "King", " Smooth" I believe most of the women on their are considered obese.

I would take a 5'5" 145LB women with a flat stomach over a 5'5" 120LB woman any day. I believe the 145-160 range is obese.

At 5'5" tall, a woman would need to weigh 180lbs or more to be considered obese (30 BMI). The range you just gave is anywhere from 20 to 35 pounds below the threshold for obesity. In fact, a woman who is 5'5" tall is considered to be in the "Normal Weight Range" up until around 163 lbs. She's overweight at about 165, and obese at 180 and above.

Height obviously impacts this. If the woman in question is 5'9", she can carry 180lbs and still be considered of "normal weight". To be considered obese at 145, a woman would need to be 4'10" tall or less. For obesity at 160, she'd need to be 5'1" or less.

115lbs is the floor for "normal weight" for a 5'5" woman. Anything below that is underweight. 120lbs is actually healthy, though whether or not you like that body type is up to your personal preference.

How do I know all of this? BMI calculators are sweet.

A woman (particularly a black woman, given our greater average muscle density relative to other races) can hover in that 145-160 range at 5'4"/5'5" and still carry a flat stomach and a toned body. You're correct in assuming that most of the women in those magazines are within that range, but that range is far from obese. A few of them may be slightly overweight, but even the thickest urban models like Buffie the Body are often within the normal weight range (5'7, 170 in her case).

She claims that her weight fluctuates, so it is possible that on some days she could be slightly overweight (175 or so). She is about as thick as it gets in the urban modeling game, so we can consider her to represent the upper-range of urban model/video vixen weight, and infer that most girls in that game are sporting BMIs below 27/28. A handful like Maliah Michel, Tahiry or Rosee Divine are probably similar to Buffie BMI wise, but many well known girls like Rosa Acosta, Brittany Dailey and Daphne Joy are likely sporting smaller BMIs.

Conclusion: This type of misinformation regarding what weights are considered obese is what fuels the "black men don't mind obesity" myth, and it has got to stop. Black men like thick women and urban modeling thus tends to focus on showcasing that body type, but these women are NOT obese by any objective standard. Nobody prefers obesity, and the men who tolerate it (aside from a miniscule number of fetishists) do so because they do not have a choice. That is it.

Quote:Quote:

Look at Athlone is she a 10 pics. Alot of his chicks are thick and the "average" black dude would be more attracted to them.

But they aren't obese! [Image: banana.gif]

Obesity Animation

America is indeed getting fatter at an alarming rate, but before the ultimate downfall, check out New Jersey. I was surprised at how many thin young Italian women there were. Lots of thin young people in Southern Jersey. Much better than say, Maryland or DC. People in NJ are much more open too, surprisingly.

Obesity Animation

Quote: (06-19-2012 11:19 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

[Image: m827a2f.gif]

The median age for non-Hispanic Whites is 42, whereas the median age for African Americans is 32 (partially due to their lower life expectancy), the median age for Hispanics is 27 and the aggregate for all Americans is 36.

When adjusted for age, non-Hispanic Whites are even thinner in relation to other races then your map/list suggests, while African Americans are slighter fatter and Hispanics are much much fatter. The maps and the list are basically comparing 42 year old married white parents with 27 year old Hispanic newlyweds.