rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What is the #1 concern you have in life right now?

And what are you doing to improve it?

For me, it's having too many ideas and projects but not enough time to complete them. For every project I complete, I get ideas for 3 more, so I've had to put a lot of things on the side burner.

Right now I'm working on ways to increase my productivity, not necessarily to work longer hours, but to be more efficient and implement assembly line systems to get things done faster. For example, I've nailed a system to my travel guides that allow me to work on 4 or 5 at the same time without feeling overwhelmed.

Three years ago, my biggest concern would have been money. Six years ago, getting out of the rat race. Ten years ago, getting laid. Five years from now... who knows.

Getting out of my client service based business that ties me to staying in the U.S. and into a product based business that would allow me to be anywhere. I'm developing a product that I hope to launch by month's end (an iPhone app).

Two years ago it was it getting out of the rat race to start my client service based business. One year ago it was getting out of an 8 year LTR I wasn't happy in.

Quote: (06-11-2012 01:34 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Ten years ago, getting laid.
exactly where I'm at

Money- any other concerns like health, traveling, and women could be appeased with things I could buy or free time I would have with enough money saved up.

Quote: (06-11-2012 01:50 PM)Rah Wrote:  

Getting out of my client service based business that ties me to staying in the U.S.

Do you have to see them in person?

Or can you handle it from phone and email?

My concern is becoming more efficient also. I waste a lot of time (some of here, but also on other shit).

Secondarily, I've been fixated with my bucket list lately. I've knocked several things off of it, but some of the larger items need planning.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Me? Staying alive long enough to stay one step ahead of medical advances -- curing cancer, genetic manipulation, anti-aging.

Money is OK, sex life is OK...but I am feeling mortality. My sister in law, 10 years older than me, died two weeks ago.

I intend to make it into my 80s and 90s, and continue fucking.

Quote: (06-11-2012 02:03 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (06-11-2012 01:50 PM)Rah Wrote:  

Getting out of my client service based business that ties me to staying in the U.S.

Do you have to see them in person?

Or can you handle it from phone and email?

It's getting to the point where I'll have to start hiring people to deal with clients and sales, which could theoretically let me be gone for longer but for the near future I need to have my own boots on the ground to oversee everything. Not really the direction I want to go in, but I want to keep it going until I get my next big thing off the ground.

My current issue is that I'm back 'home' after an extended trip in Thailand and don't really want to be here so I'm working on making an online income from various sources in order to be able to work from anywhere with a net connection.

Quote:Quote:

For me, it's having too many ideas and projects but not enough time to complete them. For every project I complete, I get ideas for 3 more, so I've had to put a lot of things on the side burner

This is a problem for me too. I have around 100 different ideas in my head for different ways to make cash online. I need to sit down, work out which ones are worth pursuing and focus on one idea as right now I spend a little bit of time doing one thing, not making much progress then move onto doing a little bit of something else but not actually making much progress on any of them.

Money wise: Wheres my next dollar going to come from? Will it be from the small service business Source, Prodigy and I are almost done creating? Or will I get my check after being hired somewhere? What's up with the affiliate marketung Black Quix was chatting about? How can I get money out of that? Is there a way I can make some dough online wise?

Lifestyle/Health: Wheres the nearest gym around here? How can I get Wi-Fi on my laptop without grandpop having to complain about bills? {My smartphone company is verizon). Should I sell my snapbacks and other gear I see 100% of the time I go out?

Game: Can the fatty I lost my virginity to stop fucking texting me? Will I become smoother over time with the ladies?

Nope.

Mine is how big I want my company to get. I love freedom. I don't want my company to own me. Right now, I have it built so the day to day activities can be run by 2 to 3 employees.

The problem is my competitive streak. I can expand a lot and doing so would require hiring a lot more people.

That I am not being productive enough. My work has been good to me and I no longer worry about money, but as a result I became lazy and found it difficult to pursue my hobbies. I thought that purely focusing on women and travel would be the life but I have come to realise that now there is a huge hole in my life. When I'm not getting laid I get depressed because I have nothing to fall back on.
My number once concern right now is finding a project that I think is worthwhile.
Getting laid has and always will be a concern. I always want better quality and more.

HEALTH.

By far, my biggest concern is health.

My money situation is pretty straight, and I have an active social life, but holy shit am I one drug-addicted, overweight POS.

I'm not really sure what to do about it to be honest. I'm such a workaholic, and I hate the idea of cutting out hours to go to the gym.

Making enough money to go back to go back to Thailand asap so I can keep working on my business instead of looking for a job.

Right now, getting all of my Colombia paperwork squared away! I want to grow a business around here and have my own independent business but right now that paperwork stopping the show. The idea is then to remove myself completely from the traditional workforce and be my own boss!

i worked hard for the last year on my game. now im at a level where i (finally) have two chicks available that i can bang. sth ive wanted for years but never accomplished.

ironically now my interest in girls has dropped. girl A came over unannounced today and i kicked her out bc i wanted to rather go to the gym than have sex with her. girl B keeps txting how she misses me and all i think is "wtf leave me alone". got other prsopects in my phone and i cant even be bothered to go out and try to close them anymore.

funny how life goes...

right now my main concerns are finishing university and building an online income. made 18 bucks this month with my website wooo [Image: tard.gif]

Quote: (06-11-2012 01:34 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

And what are you doing to improve it?

For me, it's having too many ideas and projects but not enough time to complete them. For every project I complete, I get ideas for 3 more, so I've had to put a lot of things on the side burner.

Right now I'm working on ways to increase my productivity, not necessarily to work longer hours, but to be more efficient and implement assembly line systems to get things done faster. For example, I've nailed a system to my travel guides that allow me to work on 4 or 5 at the same time without feeling overwhelmed.

Three years ago, my biggest concern would have been money. Six years ago, getting out of the rat race. Ten years ago, getting laid. Five years from now... who knows.

My biggest concern, well not so much concern, is moving on after my mother's suicide in February.

Since this happened I have definitely realized that the things people say, like "talking about it will make you feel better," or "It will only get worse if you hold it inside" Are completely wrong

All that is crap. You need to #1. Come to absolute terms with the fact you will never see that person again. (sometimes in dreams but they are never dead in the dreams, so waking up does suck for all of 3 minutes)

#2: You need to realize that you are not special. People die every day. People have immediate family that die everyday. Nobody is coming over with sympathy cards and your not getting a year off of work full paid vacation. Continue on exactly as you were.

3:I watched this Mad Men episode where Don visits Peggy after she just had an abortion. She basically wouldn't speak to anyone for months she was so depressed and don gives an amazing, shit I wouldn't even call it a pep-talk, that shit is Real-Talk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEMe3wj-Q...ure=fvwrel

They make him out to be an asshole but what does he do? What he needs to survive and to look out for people that he cares for. We got brainwashed growing up with bullshit about how everyone is equal and can be whatever they want. This is utter bullshit. Intelligence is roughly 60-80% determined by 25 years of age

One of the most ironic things is that people claim different races are smarter than others and bla bla, race is one of the few factors that make almostno difference to general mental ability. To wrap this up, I will never tell a child of mine they can be anything they want when they grow up, I sure as hell won't tell them they are special unless they show some extremely exceptional aptitude in a given.

What I've taken from this and how I plan to generally kick life's ass
1. I didn't yet mention that two days before she committed suicide I was incarcerated on a bench warrant for not paying the $732 dollar ticket on time. Good old pops visits me two days after being in Milwaukee County Jail and tells me that they found her dead in her apartment. Well there must be some kind of statute that if an immediate family member dies they must let you out for the funeral...bear in mind a Wisconsin first offense OWI is only a municipal citation, not even a misdemeanor.
So I'm having a grand old time in jail not having committed a crime and my mother just died...she was 48 btw...theres nothing to say about that other than I got robbed of my closest family member wayyy ahead of time. Anyways to cut this outrageous story short without expending anymore into it, didnt get out for the funeral the bail was only $750 and i later found out my uncle offered to cover HALF of it for my dad and he still said.
I did a grand old 24 days locked up, 22 of them knowing she was gone for good.

What am I doing to improve it? I learned real fuckin fast that life is way too short to give a fuck about other peoples opinions.
I've been working out like a monster since i got out early march. Gaming girls actually when previously I was just lurking around hear last summer.
Excuse the grammar on this one i wasn't given a damn so the rest of you shouldn't give a Fuck

Fuck lil wayne but Ok they wanted me up in dat cage so I'll come out in Beast mode.

Finding a healthy balance between money, travelling, and healthy living. Out abroad its great fucking-wise and back home its great money-wise. On the road and at home I tend to live like a rabid wolf just in different pursuits..out here pussy..back home money..need to learn moderation and protect my youthful good looks/health.

Quote: (06-11-2012 02:26 PM)Richie Wrote:  

That I am not being productive enough. My work has been good to me and I no longer worry about money, but as a result I became lazy and found it difficult to pursue my hobbies. I thought that purely focusing on women and travel would be the life but I have come to realise that now there is a huge hole in my life. When I'm not getting laid I get depressed because I have nothing to fall back on.
My number once concern right now is finding a project that I think is worthwhile.
Getting laid has and always will be a concern. I always want better quality and more.

I'm the same way. My job is fantastic and money is an afterthought. I have significant amounts of free time yet I utilize it poorly such as internet/tv etc. I've got a beautiful guitar that just hangs on the wall. I've got Rosetta Stone installed and I've only got through a few chapters. There are a million great books out there that would expand my mind that I haven't touched.

Health is another huge consideration. I've always keep in decent shape mostly just from not eating shit foods and working out for a couple of months (followed by several months not working out) but I really want to see where six months of solid dedication could take me. I believe I went 2.5 months on Starting Strength and even in that short time noticed huge differences.

I'm moving to Miami and feel like the new environment and overwhelming superficiality of the city will get my ass in gear. Good solid hobby and good health all in one. SS reborn!

Having enough money to escape the rat race. Realistically, I can stay in the states and live a comfortable life, working decent paying jobs. I have enough experience to do that now, but I don't want to.

I feel like I'm sleeping 8 hours and working almost 16. I go to work, come home and keep working on my side gigs. What keeps me going are the guys on this board, and faith in myself that eventually my work will pay off and things will snowball.

Also I have a bit of a complex about getting old. I have a constant sense of panic that life is passing me by and I'm not making the most of it, resulting in me doing nothing at all - vicious circle.
My face is starting to look tired and I no longer have the stamina to stay out partying all night long. Eventually I will have to start dating girls in their 30's and this depresses me.

I'm only 27 but I have started thinking a lot recently that it's pretty scary I'm close to 30, my face also looks tired and older than it actually is. Working out maintaining a more healthy lifestyle and hoping it helps.

I'm still pretty fucking young compared to the majority of the guys here, only early 20's, so my number one concern is... Logistics.

Staying at home with my parents is killing my social/game life, and travel to and from the CBD for work/social is a hassle. The plus side is that i'm saving up tons of money (more than 50% of my pay every month), which can have multiple uses if i can only decide what to do. I could save up for a deposit to buy an apartment (which will take a few years), and really, the best years of my life are ahead of me - younger chicks will be more attracted to the 30 yo with his own apartment than the 20's guy living with his mom.

That's my consolation. I'm also brainstorming business ideas that may help me earn a side income to reach my goal of independence sooner. In the meantime, just gotta keep on chuggin'. At least i enjoy my job right now [Image: biggrin.gif]

Feel free to PM me for wine advice or other stuff
ROK Article: 5 Reasons To Have Wine On A Date
RVF Wine Thread

Money Money Money. I get a regular paycheck which is boring but it's a pretty good sum, definitely more than I've ever made. I have debts to pay off and dreams to live. If I can keep this job, I have a chance at paying off all my debts in 2 months and drastically improving my living situation. I live in a nice place but once in my life I'd like to get a serious pimp pad, a place with my own parking spot, a view, something quiet with a little backyard, in a nice area. In L.A. this is a fortune, but I'll be able to afford it in a few months. Also a decent ride, no more 5 or 6 year old hand me downs. Thinking German.

I've had enough sex and bangs for a little while. If my current girl broke things off I wouldn't be overly heartbroken. My current goals are to push the materialistic overdrive and see how far I can get. I grew up super working class so just once in my life I'd like to indulge my superficial desires and roll down Sunset blvd in a Range Rover Sport with a dumb big titty blonde in the passenger seat.

If my company keeps growing and I do well here, there's a chance at major growth and getting well above those 6 figures. This is my number 1 concern.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Enjoying high school while I can. I'm getting my first job this summer, working 3 days a week at my dad's company. I have no idea how thats going to turn out but I have high hopes.
It's also finals week for me. If I can make it to next tuesday I'll be golden.