rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Casted for a reality dating show

Should I do it or not? It is very well known, as in if you asked 10 girls I'd say high chance 9 know what it is.

Positives
- I'd be on TV, so the most minor of celeb status. But as we know girls are fame whores so that may be a help for future gaming.
- Fun and different experience.
- Could potentially hook up with whoever the girl is (though I care a lot less about this).

Negatives
- My date could be horribly ugly/fat.
- Can't predict how I'll be portrayed on TV. What if they show me in a horrible light?
- My career is reputation based. Not sure if it is a positive or negative to be on TV for a dating show.

I'm leaning towards yes.

Do it, put it on youtube.

If you value your career and it's reputation based, I would lean no for your own sake. Plus you never know how they will portray you, since on TV perception is reality....But for the amusment for this forum, hell yeah you should do it.

If it's Blind Date or Next, you should do it!

Quote:Quote:

My career is reputation based. Not sure if it is a positive or negative to be on TV for a dating show.
I second what Goodfella says on this one...once you do this, there's no going back to the way it was before.

I don't think there is anything such as negative fame. I know this tall dorky guy who was on Megan wants a Millionaire, He got booted off the show, his last appearance on TV was him wearing panties on his head. After the show he got IOIs from trashy 20 something white chicks, prolly the demographic of the show. So you should do it, unless your career depended on it which is a different story.

Women like novelty. Do it and post it on youtube. Show it to women you wanna bang.

Team Nachos

When Harlan Ellison went on The Dating Game and got stuck with a fattie, rather than suck up to her, he said his ideal date would be going to the city dump to shoot rats. Of course, today all the dating shows add cheap computer graphics and sound effects over people's faces to make it more animated. So you'll get insulting thought balloons over your head guaranteed to make you a douche bag even if you do everything right.

If your career is reputation based, run so far the fuck away from this they couldn't track you even with GPS. It's certain career suicide, and for what? A date with a worn out old chubby that's deluding herself that she's still hot? Fuck that shit. You don't need to kill your source of income to find that kind of girl; Just open a Plenty of Fish account.

I would strongly distrust what the final product will be. If you just want something for youtube as a DHV, have a friend video you on a date and edit it afterwards yourself.

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

I don't think you should be concerned about her being ugly/fat. This IS television, so unless it's a FOX reality/dating show, then be careful. They had a dating show featuring a midget bachelor, another that featured a chick that spent time with men trying to figure out which was her biological father called "Who's Your Daddy," and another with a tranny bachelorette called "There's Something About Miriam." If it's just your standard dating show, I wouldn't worry about her being unsuitable physically (unless it's something like her being a brunette, but you prefer blondes).

You always have to worry about how these shows are edited. Someone HAS to play the part of the the jerk or asshole, and you never know if it could end up being you. Or they'll portray you as being weak, which could be even worse. What's your endgame? How much will the positive attention really help you, and what do you really have to lose if you come out of it looking less than good?

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

The selfish side of me says do it for my entertainment. The rational side of me says don't do it. TV sucks and 15 minutes of fame isn't worth your future income.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Do it.

This is a no-brainer.

I sincerely hope this is a "humble brag" or a subtle "look at me thread."

Otherwise, your brain must be running low on fuel today. [Image: wink.gif]

Even if it goes horribly wrong, no one will remember after a few months.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Do it for the experience man

There's no such thing as bad publicity

Are you crazy?
Do it, how often does something like this come along

you only live once

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Update: I'm going to do it. Who knows if I'll even get through the first round, but fuck it why not. Also, this is a great fucking opener at bars. Every girl knows the show, and I have the texts to prove it from the casting director. Ironically all girls tell me not to do it.

This will be quite interesting to say the least. I guess let's see how much of what I've learned will apply in a situation like this.

Yesterday was the first day. I made it through to the second round, which is today. Loads of hot girls, entertainment industry is absolutely ridiculous. So many want to be models/actresses wearing heels and skintight dresses. Had a blast and I am 100% now going to be on TV for about 3 minutes so far. If I get through round two (very hard), then I'll have roughly 15-30 minutes or so of airtime.

how did this turn out for you?

Quote: (11-18-2012 11:11 PM)ronsaur Wrote:  

Hasn't aired yet. I actually had a lot of fun doing it, though I haven't seen what the edited episode will look like. I'm 100% going to go out as much as possible the week it airs and see if anyone recognizes me. Doubt it, as I'm not the main focus of the show, but you never know.

Even better, she is both ugly AND fat and you play it off as being completely oblivious to the fact. Every woman in America loves you because of this. Success! lol

Quote: (11-18-2012 11:33 PM)slubu Wrote:  

Hasn't aired yet. I actually had a lot of fun doing it, though I haven't seen what the edited episode will look like. I'm 100% going to go out as much as possible the week it airs and see if anyone recognizes me. Doubt it, as I'm not the main focus of the show, but you never know.

What's the name of the show?

Looks like we already know the type of bait you'll be dropping during that week

Give the RVF a shout out on the air if possible.

Quote: (11-18-2012 11:48 PM)IQVX Wrote:  

What's the name of the show?

Prefer not to say to keep a semblance of anonymity. But I'd venture to say it is in the top 3 most recognized dating reality shows.

Quote: (11-19-2012 11:51 PM)ronsaur Wrote:  

Looks like we already know the type of bait you'll be dropping during that week

Ha, you know it.

Quote: (11-20-2012 04:13 PM)Alpha Hunter Zero Wrote:  

Give the RVF a shout out on the air if possible.

Was taped already in June. That would have been hilarious, though I would have outed myself. They actually did an exit interview they taped (who knows if it would air). I could have reflected on something I did poorly and then said..."was that beta?"

why did the chicks say don't do it? what reason did they give?