rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Book recommendation: Models

Just wanted to mention a book I bought and read yesterday. It is called "Models: Attract Women Through Honesty" and is written by Mark Mason. A friend said it's actually a PUA-community guy called Entropy, but I haven't checked.

Anyway, just like Roosh's Bang and Day Bang are great reads if you want specific details and a bit of motivation, this book seems to touch on every subject regarding a lifestyle that encompasses meeting women.

Mason tries to debunk many flaws of common (PUA-) game advice as being try-hard and/or fake. For example he disagrees with the whole notion of having to be Alpha about women. Instead he puts an emphasis on being honest with yourself and your vulnerability. I agree with this in the sense that a lot of guys seem to lean into being quite sexist with regards to women (calling them stupid, bitches and so forth), which Mason describes as over-compensating behavior.

Still, I think most Roosh-followers will agree with a lot what he has to say. For example he stresses the importance of working out at the gym, dressing well, having a good posture, voice tonality etc. He also gives concise, yet easy ways to help you achieve these qualities. One example I particularly liked was where he describes how to check your tonality:

Read a sentence aloud, then do it again while holding your nose. You should modulate your voice down so that it sounds the same both times.

It's practical tips like that and some very good writing that made me enjoy this book a lot. He seems to have really taken his time to make sure it's a good read. Unlike in this clumsy review his sentences sound good. [Image: wink.gif]

So yeah, that's my recommendation. And no, I'm not getting paid to advertise the book in any way, shape or form. [Image: smile.gif]

If anyone has read it, I'd like to hear your opinion, too.

Thanks for the review, been interested about what it covered. However, can you give us some specifics? Your review was a little light. Maybe 3 things that really stood out to you and changed you game?

Thanks.

Quote: (05-31-2012 03:00 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Thanks for the review, been interested about what it covered. However, can you give us some specifics? Your review was a little light. Maybe 3 things that really stood out to you and changed you game?

Thanks.

I just read it so I can't say it has changed me or my game (yet), but it gave me some new notions or perspective on things to think about.

For example:

- It's alright to express your sexual desire as opposed to Mystery Method game, where you disqualify yourself as a suitor in order to get into rapport and comfort with a girl. He talks about polarization (reminds me of David Deida's book The Superior Man) as a core ingredient for attraction. A woman is usually at her core feminine, but doesn't fully express her femininity (= desire to be led, seduced and fucked) until she meets a man that is sticking out his neck (despite the risk to be rejected) and displaying his masculinity (= strength, purpose, desire and vulnerability) to her.

- The concept of friction. If your lifestyle or core beliefs are too different from a girl's then friction is what can prevent getting sexual with her despite any attraction there might be.

- General things about your inner game and how creating a pick-up persona will prevent you from the success you can achieve, because the true you will always shine through. (opposing the PUA-communities "fake it till your make it" advice)

- Advice on how to over come approach anxiety: A woman fantasizes about a guy that is a real man to come and approach her and seduce her. Thus, secretly, she is rooting for you to come and say Hi to her. She doesn't enjoy rejecting a man, but will do it, if he is not what she is looking for. We dislike rejections ourselves. For example if you have a friend you don't want to hang out with at a particular time and you have to call him to cancel a meeting.. It is not pleasant to tell him. It's the same for a woman. Secretly all women want you to succeed so they don't have to be rejecting people.

I'll have to read the book again, but I think if you look it up on amazon you can click "Look Inside" and see the table of contents which gives an idea what to expect.

Sounds like a good read. I like the no nonsense type of advice. Most PUA books are all theory and almost scientific.

For example : The book Magic Bullets. You need a master degree to read and figure out all the theory and models/schematics in there. Thats because its written by guys who know how to talk about pick up and market it but hardly get laid themselves

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Its funny that someone post this book. I was looking for it after hearing interview called "Don't hate the player" Pick-up Artist Nic Krauser mention it 24:25 in...In the book Mark says " The central part of attraction is that you more invested yourself and your opinions of yourself than other peoples opinions"

Quote: (01-06-2015 04:37 AM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  
You can bring broads to logic but you can't force them to think.

I read this book as well, Kindle, if I remember right the book was like $21 or so, around 350 pages, I would say he is a more direct apporach guy, talks about apporaching giving a compliment, which I like, talks alot about being vunerable; in essence, not being afraid to put yourself on the line, kind of on the spot sort of speak, he debunks some PUA myths, he feels it's OK for guys to be emotional, humans are emothional creature and no need to hide it, I'd easily give it 3 stars, better than most, not as good as some.

Albeit, I finished this book just a few weels ago, I really can't remember much, I am a very avid reader, I go through a book like once every five days or so, and once I finish a book I just kind of forget about it and move on to the next one.

Quote: (05-31-2012 06:28 AM)urbannomad Wrote:  

Its funny that someone post this book. I was looking for it after hearing interview called "Don't hate the player" Pick-up Artist Nic Krauser mention it 24:25 in...In the book Mark says " The central part of attraction is that you more invested yourself and your opinions of yourself than other peoples opinions"

In the comments on his blog about that interview, Krauser talks about how he wasn't interested in typical club game (which, for most players, means grinding through myriad 6s). He says that's why he focused mostly on Daygame- because he wanted access to higher quality women.

It's been a few years now that I've been trying to find the connection between bottom feeder club game and getting with more attractive girls, but there doesn't seem to be much of any.

In a way, weekend/late-night bar/club game is sort of like a derivative of online game now. It's got the that cut throat vibe where all the girls' egos are maxed out, and people's self image is abstracted due to alcohol (in a way similar to how an online self can be an abstraction of your normal social self).

In the day, I think it's easier to catch them off guard, and I believe there are more attractive women to choose from.

I also read "models" as well, I read the first version, Mark Manson aka Entropy apparently has edited it, which was probably a good move because the first version was a little bit long and redundant at times. As Muc mentioned he stresses lifestyle a lot which, is a refreshing change from most pua's, however, a lot of it was stuff I already know, so I skipped/skimmed over some of it (i.e. go to the gym, how to dress well, etc.)

I'd say it was a good book, worth the read if you're at a beginner or intermediate level, but will probably not help guys who are "veterans" and already getting great results. Overall I'd give it a "B" grade, whereas I'd give Roosh's Bang an "A" grade.

There are sections in the book which are money though, especially the reality of how a large percentage of women are just not going to be interested (so get over it and don't take it personally), the need to not overcompensate and constantly worry about "being alpha", as well as the importance of sexual tension.

according to Krauser it's an amazing read. looks like more theoretical than practical stuff.

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)

The author of that book is an active hater of this forum and of Roosh. I know that because my thread on him got closed, but his blog is ok.

21 y/o brit.

Quote: (05-31-2012 03:53 PM)dulst Wrote:  

The author of that book is an active hater of this forum and of Roosh. I know that because my thread on him got closed, but his blog is ok.

Aside from any ego shit, what's the actual gripe? Game is game, no?

I used to follow Entropy's site more back in the day when he was still "Entropy" and he was more game tactics and PUA minded. He switched his site to "practical pick-up" for a while now, now it's "post-masculine", I check it out from time to time, but typically the quality of articles has dropped off (IMHO).

I never saw or read anything that he is a Roosh hater, he used to be a relatively active member of this forum, and had a pretty high rep count after dropping some good data sheets, but I haven't seen him post anything in months.

One thing though, he has seem to taken a different mentality towards women, pick-up, and relationships. He seems to condemn misogyny and the notion that women are "beneath men", plus he has a far more rosy outlook then what Roosh or most guys here subscribe to. He also is against the dichotemy of the alpha/beta divide. So in essence a lot of stuff he talks about contradicts Roosh's teachings. However, I have never once seen him write anything specifically bad about Roosh.

It's good to get a different perspective on stuff, but now Mark Manson's stuff almost seems to be going the route of Tony Robbins, all motivational, change your life, think positive, etc.

Would that be the user called Entropy in this forum? I don't recall seing any hater stuff from him, actually I remember him dropping good advice on some travel threads.

Quote: (05-31-2012 05:15 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

So in essence a lot of stuff he talks about contradicts Roosh's teachings. However, I have never once seen him write anything specifically bad about Roosh.

I visited his Forum once and he saw a thread where he talked about Roosh (ages ago so I don't have a link), it seems like he's butthurt that Roosh is a lot more popular and more widely read than him. He's got major insecurities about that, which is ironic considering what he writes about on his blog.

Quote: (06-04-2012 01:18 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

So in essence a lot of stuff he talks about contradicts Roosh's teachings. However, I have never once seen him write anything specifically bad about Roosh.

I visited his Forum once and he saw a thread where he talked about Roosh (ages ago so I don't have a link), it seems like he's butthurt that Roosh is a lot more popular and more widely read than him. He's got major insecurities about that, which is ironic considering what he writes about on his blog.

Do you have a link of that blog ?

Thanks

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Quote: (06-04-2012 04:44 AM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

Quote: (06-04-2012 01:18 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

Do you have a link of that blog ?

Thanks

http://postmasculine.com/

I think you got the wrong cat.

I believe the author is a member of the forum.

Quote: (06-04-2012 11:17 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Welcome back.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Quote: (06-04-2012 11:26 AM)Caligula Wrote:  

Welcome back.

+1

You were missed, The Peoples Champ.

Game is a necessary evil

Quote: (06-04-2012 11:17 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Yeah I had to steal your avatar while you were gone to fill the void

Just bought it and it seems like a great investment so far. It seems to address almost every relevant area of game (looks, approaches, confidence, body language, even race) in a concise and often innovative manner.

Reading through some of the articles on his blog, it seems like his style of "game" would be better applied to someone who already slays with the fundamentals presented by most game communities, but is looking for more meaningful interactions and relationships. The themes kind of remind me of someone such as Andrew Lindy from the Travel Bum show.

Finished it yesterday book's honestly golden; even within a day of reading it you start feeling, thinking and acting like more of a pimp. I think it's as necessary a part of one's library as Bang.

Quote: (06-07-2012 05:04 PM)DLuzhin Wrote:  

Finished it yesterday book's honestly golden; even within a day of reading it you start feeling, thinking and acting like more of a pimp. I think it's as necessary a part of one's library as Bang.

Think we could get a review on it?

I purchased the book and am in the middle of it now. Honestly, it is terrific so far. I would highly recommend it -- at the top of the list of books to read on the subject of attraction, game, etc. Thanks for the recommendation.