rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Texting Emoticons (Smileys)?

When texting by phone or messaging for online dating, you can use smileys like this, :-), or you can use emoticons like this, [Image: bigsmile.gif]

Roosh has written these are a minor mistake because it looks too eager and girly. I'm torn. Surely you don't want to routinely pepper your text with unnecessary adornments and demonstrations of affection, xoxo, [Image: heart.gif].

On the other hand, text is a low-bandwidth communication medium. It is easy to be misunderstood. This is a particular problem with humor and sarcasm. I think some symbols are useful in this case, lol, :-).

is-it-acceptable-to-use-smiley-faces-when-texting-girls

I use shit like :-) occasionally when texting something sarcastic or asshole-ish.

8=====> is one all players should add to their text game.

But hearts and shit like that? Hell no.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

I think you have it figured out. Sarcasm doesn't translate well over text unless the girl knows you pretty well.

Use this as a rule of thumb: If you wouldn't post it on Facebook then don't send it as a text. Because she'll be showing your texts to her girls for analysis.

I use smileys, LOLs, LMAOs and Ha! to make it clear that I'm joking.

Try to avoid the girly XOs and hearts.

Statements that are over the top are clearly jokes and don't need any extra help.

I like to use:
"Awe you're so cute when you're full of shit"
"You can give me head if you want and we'll call it even"
"What are you doing tonight Jerkface?"
"Does your boyfriend know you're in love with me?"

Don't get caught in the endless conversation text trap. Go back and forth a little bit and close with a difinitive date set. If she won't commit to hanging out then cut her loose and give her no more attention. She's an attention whore. Hit her up in 2 months and try again.

Team Nachos

Quote:Quote:

I think you have it figured out. Sarcasm doesn't translate well over text unless the girl knows you pretty well.

This, pretty much.

Remember that if you haven't banged a chick yet, she's actively LOOKING for reasons to disqualify you. It's almost all "fuck up avoidance game", which is why avoiding emoticons is generally a good idea until after you've smashed.

I use texting for two things... Logistics and upkeep. Not for building comfort.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (05-28-2012 10:46 AM)Gmac Wrote:  

Remember that if you haven't banged a chick yet, she's actively LOOKING for reasons to disqualify you. It's almost all "fuck up avoidance game", which is why avoiding emoticons is generally a good idea until after you've smashed.

I use texting for two things... Logistics and upkeep. Not for building comfort.

Co-signed.

The pre-bang game (and that includes texting) has to be relatively free of mistakes and sloppiness. You can't be caught waffling, "being cute," or awkward. Depending on how good-looking you are, maybe you have room for one minor mistake, but that's it. I aim for air-tight flawless execution™. I rarely recover from a stupid fumble.

This is a compilation of my pre-bang game, so you understand what I mean:

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter