rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Datasheet: Charleston, SC

I went there a couple of days ago, for less than 48 hours. In short, 0 bangs, 0 anything for that matter. Here we go:

Accommodations
I stayed for literally 1 hour at the Holiday Inn Express, in North Charleston until it was time to leave for daytime activities. I drove in from afar. Otherwise, I stayed with some friends in an apartment in North Charleston for the last night.

Food
Most notable was a seafood restaurant overlooking one of the many waterways in the area called California Dreaming which had decent seafood (not the best but better than Red Lobster).

Daygame on King Street

King Street had a decent amount of targets. White chicks were the vast majority with the occasional Black and Asian chick. I did about 15 approaches, 12 white and 3 Black. I got absolutely no love from the white women but love from the 3 Blacks. I am an attractive dude and was outright ignored by one brunette I'd give a 9 rating to. That hasn't happened to me since undergrad days. At that point, I did not understand how Charleston got such high ratings on here. I got 0 number closes and 0 insta-date accepts.

Daygame at Folly Beach
was next on the menu which was a 25 minute car ride away. The beach itself had some eye candy but it was mostly a couples retreat sort of deal. One guy had two pron star looking black chicks with phat asses. I didn't try them. At sunset, I went to the strip on Center Street. Lots of beach bars. The strip was no larger than four blocks so repeating women were a problem. I did about 10 approaches here, interactions didn't last too long. One black chick who seemed to be into me picked up the phone and talked thinking I was going to wait on her to get off. Initially, I did wait for 15 sec, then left her there after it got out of control. This place has potential to be a very nice spot. I left at about 9 pm to go downtown.

Night Game
I went to Mercury Cafe on King Street which was decent. I was celebrating an event with other people so I was limited in where I could go and do. I got one full song of ass grinding by a hot blonde, and that was about it. The club was too loud to spit any game without yelling. Once on the street, females complimented me and game me lots of IOI's, again, I rode with other people who did not want to wait on me and that destroyed any chances I had with them. Later on, outside Market Street had some black chicks who approached me. It was 3 fatties and one bad one. The bad one approached me and we talked it up for a while. 5 minutes into our convo, I told her, "Look, I'm in town for one night, I need you to show me a good time." She said I was "2 years too young to have a good time with her. Otherwise we'd have a lot of fun." We're both mid-20s. I laughed and said, "You've got to be kidding me when you say that." She was serious. My night ended in a bed with my bird as did the trip.

Discussion
I had high hopes for this place yet the image has been tarnished. I was hoping that reading about Charleston on here would make it easy to speak to women. I guess it is a goldmine for white guys. For black guys here's how it goes in Charleston: approach black chicks during day and night and only approach white chicks at night.

Quote: (05-08-2012 01:06 PM)RougeNoir Wrote:  

I guess it is a goldmine for white guys. For black guys here's how it goes in Charleston: approach black chicks during day and night and only approach white chicks at night.

This is reality, sorry to say.

Girls in Charleston come out in large packs all dressed up in their best, walking all around Market and King street on the weekends going to bars/clubs. I was there less than two weeks ago and you could literally stand in front of Henry's and count 30 attractive girls, in dresses and heels, in under 15 minutes. There are so many 6.5/7's walking around that you could literally open 50 a night. This is a town of abundant cute girls. You are not going to see a lot of stunners like in NYC or LA or MIA but there are so many that pass the boner test that you really don't care that much. I've never met anyone that visited Charleston and wasn't blown away by the sheer quantity of good looking women.

I was there for a bachelor party so we actually ended up spending the night tipping fully nude babes in the strip clubs 20 minutes out of downtown. I can give you my observations from earlier in the night though.

The best thing to do is head towards market street around 10 and stop by a restaurant near the better bars in the area. I can strongly vouch for the raw oysters and ribeye at Noisy Oyster. A dozen of some of the best oysters I've had in a while for $12. The ribeye steak was as soft as butter and everyone at the table commented how good it was. The staff there is also pretty pleasing to the eye, as we had more than a few waitresses that stared at us every time they walked by.

After dinner, walk out on the street and you will see girls in short dresses and heels standing near Market Street Saloon. Skip it and go over to Henry's. It's $5 cover on Saturdays and the place has 3 floors with a rooftop bar. It's worth spending some time there.

Overall, if you are hitting Charleston solo, you need to go out a little earlier and post up at one of the bars, especially those with a happy hour during the week. At night, almost all girls are in packs of 3 to 5 or more and it's not as easy to open unless you have a small crew to entertain or run interference.

As for black guys, I have no reference except to say that I did see 5 or 6 young B&W couples walking around King street on Saturday and Sunday. I agree that night game is not the best for trying to pick up white girls. If she already knew you, then she would have no problem introducing you to her friends and she may not be against dating, but pulling a ONS is very unlikely.

You're still new. But there is already a charleston sheet
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-3275.html

That being said. What is your look/style?

Charleston is my city.
Black people here have to have a really sophisticated look or be clear in college.
The area near the Military college and surrounding areas are alot of poor blacks and alot of geechee/Gullah people aka The ones selling basket around market street.

If you know the history of the city..Its known as the Holy City. Churches are everywhere..Even if some of them have been turned into bars [Image: smile.gif]
Market street is where they use to pawn off slaves
The Embassy hotel(old citadel) And the current college were set up to put down slave rebellions.
Dixie is still a popular song in the city.
Times have changed though...As a black person the stigmas arent as strong..but the city is still made of up good ole boys and southern bells.

Its much harder to pick up chicks off the street. Here but southern attitude is much friendly.
I've literally never been blown of or had a girl be outright rude to me.
I also don't go the the bars as often..I wouldnt say they are touristy...but they are touristy and not great.
I have no idea why anyone would go to a strip club either(minus one of my friends who double teams a stripper)

To me..I think you were simply unlucky(or Im just defending the city).
I agree ONS dont happen alot for the simple logistics of things..you have to drive out of the city center..which is hard as fuck to navigate at night..and worse if anyone is dumb enough to have alcohol.
Taxis are easy to come by though.

Girls around here are really use to being wine and dined before pumped and dumped.
Thats how it works in the good ole south.

The best game..Is just to know people. and get to a house party.
I would say the people getting laid the most are college students.
College of charleston people are always tossing parties and whatnot and chicks get hammered
The frat boys have no game cause they are just as fucked up too..they just have the frat boy status to live off

Just have a little bit of status around here and your in.
* For black guys..there aren't many of us in the city in the universities. Have a friend introduce you as the cool black guy and the girls will be all over you since daddy isnt around.
But in public..they still have a rep to hold up...which is why day game isnt a sure shot.

Since I don't have time to take tramps on dates in the city..I've only banged on girl off day game..and she was a couple years older than me.
All bangs come from social circles in the city and getting in with the crowd of decent girls,then banging one at their own place during a get together.

White guys have the advantage simply because they are a familiar face and much more accessible.
This isnt Sweden where the chicks will eye fuck you and tell you flat out that they want you.

**Eventually when I come back to the States and have time, I can get some better inside info on Charleston.

I am the cock carousel

Quote: (05-08-2012 04:12 PM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

White guys have the advantage simply because they are a familiar face and much more accessible.
This isnt Sweden where the chicks will eye fuck you and tell you flat out that they want you.

Return of the Sweden for black guys hype. They are really killing it there aren't they ?

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

One question: does Charleston get many foreign visitors from outside North America?

North and South Carolina get a lot of love on RVF and I love the Southern Accent on girls. So Charleston + Raleigh are literally on my location hit list.

The only non american tourist I ever spot in Charleston are Germans and the occasional italians.

I've heard a cruise ship comes from somewhere in Germany and stops in Charleston sometime in October.
Germans seem to pop up often in the city.

two years ago, In one week I got stopped by 3 Italian families asking for direction.
One had a really hot chick that couldnt have been more than 17.. she was pretty much the translator for her grandpa though.
Italians usually have pretty loud voices so its easy to hear them in a crowd

Most of the tourist are northerners that come to try to get some beach action in but didnt want to go to florida

I wouldnt put money on trying to pick up non american tourist here

I am the cock carousel

I spent a couple days in Charleston in August of this year and I still think it may have had more hot chicks per person in downtown Charleston then anywhere I've ever been. I really couldnt believe it.

Quote: (05-09-2012 09:01 AM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

The only non american tourist I ever spot in Charleston are Germans and the occasional italians.

I've heard a cruise ship comes from somewhere in Germany and stops in Charleston sometime in October.
Germans seem to pop up often in the city.

two years ago, In one week I got stopped by 3 Italian families asking for direction.
One had a really hot chick that couldnt have been more than 17.. she was pretty much the translator for her grandpa though.
Italians usually have pretty loud voices so its easy to hear them in a crowd

Most of the tourist are northerners that come to try to get some beach action in but didnt want to go to florida

I wouldnt put money on trying to pick up non american tourist here

Awesome. I was mainly asking to see if being from Australia would make me be something unusual for them. I'll remember to put on my thickest aussie accent and brown guy swag [Image: wink.gif]

Just spent 3 nights in Charleston. I live in Atlanta and was visiting my moms in Savannah so I did the calculation and decided to invest the $50 round trip cost of gas to go there.

Well I'd say the reports are true. I arrived on Thursday night which is probably the best night of the week. Was couchsurfing with a cool chick in West Ashley neighborhood. To get there you just drive "south" on Hwy 17 from downtown. Its about 2 miles down and you will see The Triangle Grill on your right. All the bars are right across from it. This area is a harmonious mix of yup, 'neck, hip and prep. This particular thursday was pretty slow but my friend seemed to think it was abnormal. Anyhow the area was much better on Saturday night.

However almost the opposite was true for downtown on Thursday. The bars on King Street had plenty of attractive girls in the 19-25 age range. This is definitely a college town but apparently most of the students are chicks. Hardly saw any fatties my entire trip. Definitely being skinny, blond, and sexy is the fad in this town.

Anyhow If you walk a little north on King Street from the corner of Calhoun, you will see lots of pleasant bars, mostly on the left side of the street. Ratios were very favorable. I would say that night that 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 would not be unrealistic. I remember going into one bar quite a few blocks north that had about 7 attractive chicks sitting on the stools, maybe 1 dude, and 2 dude bartenders. I couldn't even decide which set to open so I left....[Image: sad.gif]

Another bar was nicely filled with sorority type girls. But slightly down to earth ones by the looks of them. One chick even mentioned she smokes weed. That bar had like 15 hot girls and a couple guys.

Friday I ended up hanging with some friends and didnt do much sarging. But Saturday I went out. I found a place just a few blocks past the very northern tip of the king street strip. Its called The Recovery Room and was a nice mix of punk and hip. There were plenty of girls but the ratios fluctuated some. 12pm was probably the best time of night, after that it got crazy crowded so I moved on.

I hit the other bars on King street again but it was mostly filled with obnoxious loud college age kids going crazy. A fight almost broke out right in front of me. I might have found a nice bar but it was getting closer to closing time so I decided to hit West Ashley again.

Saturday was much better in West Ashley. There were enough sets to open. I wouldn't plan a whole night around it but it topped off the night well. Older crowd for sure, mid to late twenties and thirties. Voodoo bar was probably the best bet for ambiance and sets.

Market street downtown had quite a few bars but either the sets didn't look appealing or there was a cover. Notably Henry's House which had a $5 cover. Its 3 stories and seemed to be the happenin singles spot on Market street, but I only glanced inside.

As far as day game. First, Ahlibaba mentioned wild wings cafe in north charleston for happy hour. Well make sure you don't arrive as late as 630 on a friday. Because It was chock full of families and I only saw one set at the bar. It was a young attractive set, but I didn't approach because it was next to the wait for the table line. I went to my car, smoked a few and then went back inside to approach that set, but they were gone, leaving exactly zero available girls in the place. But I could imagine that during the week around 530 would be sweet.

I was in a starbucks near earthfare in West Ashley. I sat down at a couch and within about an hour 2 eights and a 7.5 had all sat down at the couches in front of me, within chatting distance.

As far as the sets, I didn't encounter any bitch shields. I opened about 6 sets on my trip and got positive initial reponse from all of them. Several of them lasted quite a while but I didn't close. But I'm a kindof weird dude, not very aggressive, and experimenting on a more passive/body language game style. Also I bailed on most of the sets because I wasn't eliciting enough IOI from them. Also most of the sets were much younger than me. That's one drawback to the town is that the median age is maybe 22. Whereas in Atlanta there's a much broader range.

Anyhow, Charleston is no overall Poosie Paradise but I think a guy with decent younger girl game would have a blast. And its a beautiful city with lots of beaches nearby and a decent cultural scene. I would consider moving there.

Quote: (05-09-2012 04:05 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

One question: does Charleston get many foreign visitors from outside North America?

North and South Carolina get a lot of love on RVF and I love the Southern Accent on girls. So Charleston + Raleigh are literally on my location hit list.

Women in Charleston don't really have that southern accent, that's more upstate IME.

Quote: (01-20-2013 10:51 PM)kavakid Wrote:  

As far as the sets, I didn't encounter any bitch shields. I opened about 6 sets on my trip and got positive initial reponse from all of them. Several of them lasted quite a while but I didn't close. But I'm a kindof weird dude, not very aggressive, and experimenting on a more passive/body language game style. Also I bailed on most of the sets because I wasn't eliciting enough IOI from them. Also most of the sets were much younger than me. That's one drawback to the town is that the median age is maybe 22. Whereas in Atlanta there's a much broader range.

Anyhow, Charleston is no overall Poosie Paradise but I think a guy with decent younger girl game would have a blast. And its a beautiful city with lots of beaches nearby and a decent cultural scene. I would consider moving there.

you went to the wrong areas if you were looking for women older than that, they typically don't hang out in college bars downtown. You typically need to go higher end, like Hall's or Cocktail Club in that area.

Does Charleston have much going for it for a tourist other than lots of nice girls? I'm talking galleries, museums, nice parks, nice harbour etc. You can read stuff via google but most of it seems to be generated by the tourism board.

Am thinking next year of spending 5 days in Charleston then 5 days in New Orleans but will skip Charleston and visit Jamaica instead if theres nowt to see during the daytime.

Cheers

Landing in Charleston today. Any RvFers here?

Let us know your findings..

Normally Id be in charleston..but im home for the holidays.
I don't think charleston is gonna be too populated.
Charleston is still a college town so The college age girls are most likely off with their families around the country.
Its to cold to be at the beach and the football culture is now over.

the length of king street most likely will be desolate.
Market street area might still have a couple people walking around. but i feel like it would be the older leftover couples.

I could be completely wrong though, so hopefully youll have luck.
whats your age range?
If your older. You could possibly hit up the restaurant bars or slightly upscale places and find familyless women in their late thirties drinking wine at a bar hoping to get their turkeys stuffed

I am the cock carousel

Sourcecode -

Still need to hit up this spot.

What are the best months?

I'll be in town this weekend, but like sourcecode said, it's most likely going to be quiet during this week.

The place pops off when school is in, August-May (minus December). Also it gets too humid during the summer, so I'd avoid if you're trying to rock a jacket/suit.

So what is the premier month?

How is March/April?

Well Spring break is in March...and Charleston isnt really a spring break city.
I can't say I know a specific month when its best.
If youre looking for the college crowd I feel like late august,september is good ( school starting back up..influx of new people trying to get the last party of the summer done)

March to May is fine.

Charleston is good anytime students are around.
Even in December ,Charleston can hover between 55-65 degrees.
End of December till around end of febuary are the only months that its so cold that people dont want to go out.
Winters are pretty mild. Even now Its in the high 60s

I am the cock carousel

Got laid last night in Charleston. Posted details in the "I just had sex" thread.

Loving this city. Southern hospitality is real. I don't plan on a life in the deep south, but if I was, I would probably choose here.

Pretty college girls all over the place. Great layout for daygame. Haven't seen the nightlife.

Quote: (11-26-2013 09:29 PM)Courage Reborn Wrote:  

Got laid last night in Charleston. Posted details in the "I just had sex" thread.

Loving this city. Southern hospitality is real. I don't plan on a life in the deep south, but if I was, I would probably choose here.

Pretty college girls all over the place. Great layout for daygame. Haven't seen the nightlife.

Any non-online swoops?

I would be interested in one of your breakdowns on Charleston. It is overdue that I hit up this city.

Hey G man,

I'm lite on charleston intel, but gonna be posting up in south beach next week. Let me know if you're in town!

not Charleston, but in Savannah twice this year, just love it down there, the women are active and tan like the west coast or florida. when in Savannah the Bohemian hotel is the spot. Would like to see a Hilton Head sheet too..

here are more charleston stats
http://www.cntraveler.com/daily-traveler...w_item9_10
http://www.cntraveler.com/readers-choice...w_item9_10
http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20...-the-world

Number 1 city in america for third year in a row
Number 1 friendliest city in america

And the Number 1 city in the world

Personally I dont agree with it But Travel magazine Conde Nast says s

Pm me when you get this G, I got some extra info for you

I am the cock carousel

Quote: (11-26-2013 11:05 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

So what is the premier month?

How is March/April?

Quantity + Quality = Spoleto Festival. End of May/June. International art etc. festival. Brings them in from all around.

Otherwise, Charleston will be barely register compared to Miami. that said, the downtown district is more compact, far less places to go and tourists are the main play.