rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Good date ideas in Toronto

for all the toronto cats, what are some good ideas/venues in the city?

i ask this generally, though my specific dilemma is that i'm seeing a girl for a second date tonight. i've got the whole "take her to bars close to your place" first date thing down, but i didn't stick it in on the first date with her. where should i go tonight? i'm thinking spice route or pravda... or how about staying in and watching a movie? i dunnoz. halp

FUCK
this girl is flaking

On the cheap, get a Tim hortons coffee with her on the go and go for a walk by lakeshore. If you ain't downtown, go for walk on college st or your area. While walking initiate some kino and escalate.

If she is gonna come back to your place or invite you to hers, you don't have to spend the money at Pravda or spice. Why would you bring sand to the beach? Spice has some hotties. Do the timmies to go (do not stay and drink inside on those hard chairs and office like bright lights). Zero ambiance. Go for the walk and escalate.

flake somewhat averted - rescheduled for tomorrow

Quote: (05-04-2012 01:29 PM)tomtud Wrote:  

On the cheap, get a Tim hortons coffee with her on the go and go for a walk by lakeshore. If you ain't downtown, go for walk on college st or your area. While walking initiate some kino and escalate.

If she is gonna come back to your place or invite you to hers, you don't have to spend the money at Pravda or spice. Why would you bring sand to the beach? Spice has some hotties. Do the timmies to go (do not stay and drink inside on those hard chairs and office like bright lights). Zero ambiance. Go for the walk and escalate.

ok well i understand the coffee + sightseeing/walking/adventure date, but that seems like a daytime thing. can you really do stuff like that after 8-9pm

Save the club/lounge for a venue change. Later on in the night you both can just get drunk and shit and dance.

I get the spot your in you really can't repeat shit and I always wonder if females catch on to the pattern of ... quiet lounge.... loud bar... food+walk... then me weaseling myself into her place. But I don't honestly think broads are that slick. If YOU do what you need to right and keep her brain occupied she won't get bored or think "gee... we did the exact same shit last time only different spots"

Its nice out so patios are game! If shes a feisty broad then bust out a bottle of Stoli and go get drunk in a park! This is second nature to me being from the Prairies and it gives me bad ass edge with broads here in tame ol' TO. I get a 26 of stoli put out half and fill the rest with water I come with that shit half gone she thinks I have a iron liver and knows its going to be a hype night we sip that shit and shoot shit then venue change. This has worked well for me twice.. since its nice out take advantage of the weather.

Hit a lounge on College West tho I would tell you to hit my go-to spot but it fuking closed down. Best date lounge in the City: Souz Dal.

Its your 2nd time around so she should already have an idea of what shes dealing with. Gotta amp things up. Fuck Timmies.

Actually wtf am I saying. Bro hit Ossington just toss a rock and hit any low-key lounge for talking and drinking then you can venue change down the street till you hit Laven-Block or Our-house which will be hyped up like a bar setting.

But if you can weasel her back to your spot for a movie then your good. I don't have that option so I gotta always do un-orthodox stuff. Throw her something fun to do tho or else she will flake for other plans.. typical TO nonsense. Cheers!

thank you kosko

well the bitch reflaked

women, lol

Kosko hit the nail on the head. Hit ossington or college for small lounges you can hop in and out. College is just a tones throw away, and you can do the same but with restaurants, bars and dancing.

Do the patios on college. You have many to choose.

Well, since she reflaked. Do this if you are bored. Reschedule. Once she confirms, say ohhh I have another dinner date and the see you around ( meaning never gonna see her again). Or just delete the number.

If you are so bent out of shape thinking of where to take this broad, you've lready lost her. Roosh wrote about this theme in general if you ask your friend how to e with a certain girl you've lost her. Your neediness in your voice or text she can sense like a shark senses blood.

It's the weekend, time to get ome fresh prospects!

hey guys, what are some good venues to go solo in? the guys i currently wing with are really great but we roll too deep (4), they like to venue change too often, and i find i mooch off their approaches too much and don't approach enough myself. so i wanna try out the solo thing

Quote: (05-05-2012 12:22 PM)bodmon Wrote:  

hey guys, what are some good venues to go solo in? the guys i currently wing with are really great but we roll too deep (4), they like to venue change too often, and i find i mooch off their approaches too much and don't approach enough myself. so i wanna try out the solo thing

What's your race? (Let's face it, race is huge in Toronto.) I usually roll solo but I don't think it serves me well. I would recommend rolling with one other dude.

But if you're determined to roll solo, I would check out Parts & Labour (the basement). You can be pretty inconspicuous there. I'll try to think of some other places.

Bodmon, you are on the brink of trolling. Asking date ideas, then going out solo. READ the forum.

Hey Lucy - Wednesday night. Cheap martini night. Easy on your wallet and the girl will get drunk. This is good if you're taking out a girl who works downtown in one of the big office buildings.

Poetry Jazz Bar - Kensington market, if you are taking out a hipster girl.

Remy/Hemingways patio- Yorkville - for a plain vanilla girl or when a girl is coming from out of town - eg - small town girl

Insomnia - Bathurst/Bloor

Bar/Lounge at Pearson Airport - cause once you finish a date with a shitty Toronto girl, you'll probably want to hop on a plane and head overseas. If you're broke you can go to an Airport strip club.

Toronto is just plain shite -- Toronto women have way over valued themselves -- game does not work here -- the risk reward ratio is out of the ball game. No serious gamestor (investor) would put up their capital here.

Quote: (05-14-2012 02:17 PM)pbw Wrote:  

Toronto is just plain shite -- Toronto women have way over valued themselves -- game does not work here -- the risk reward ratio is out of the ball game. No serious gamestor (investor) would put up their capital here.

I'm not sure if I would say that, but I would be surprised if it weren't less effective here than virtually anywhere else. I mean, girls here reject first and then ask questions later. And when I say reject they either ignore you or simply walk away. How is game going to work if women don't even talk to you? It can't. But if they talk to you you're still going to need some game.

Overall I am an optimist --and try to be a realist. Fact is Toronto is unique in that something quite odd occured here in especially the last 20 -25 years. Women somehow became extremely feminizied more so than other cities. Essentially what happened was women were somehow heavily ingrained to think as victims and men as oppressors -- and that women need to over value themselves. That is what you are dealing with when dealing with TO women. Majority of TO women are over spoiled and have weak mentality and character -- they can't think for themselves -- but are quite eager to bitch (a sign of weak character) -- just like a spoiled child does. TO women really are spolied immature women. Hence game is ineffective here. Two need to partake in game to make it work. It is not a one way street. My apologies -- if this is post is off topic. But if one wants to play game here, you need some serious plan. Best is if all men would just ignored all TO woemn -- things would change in a few years. But the way it is going, TO has a surplus of feminized men doing the chasing and flattering TO women egos -- it is going to take a long time before things change. 40 years minimum I think.

Game works in Toronto, but to get really good results you have to combine game with status, money, or good looks.

But I agree, its 10 times harder here than Montreal. I see guys who go out occasionally in Montreal and are not very alpha get laid with hot girls. Compare this to Toronto where you have to do at least 4-5 nights a week for 5-6 months to get laid 3 times a month(and that's if you are already a social and decent looking guy). The best guys in TO do get hot girls but its ridiculous considering that these same guys would be pulling 8s and 9s instead of the 6s, 7s, and the rare 8 they pull in Toronto. Not to mention that the girls in an European city or South American city have better personalities.

The massive number of PUA's in Toronto isn't helping the situation. Everyday there are new guys hitting up girls in this city. The only good venues are probably the high end ones with cover of 20$+ because most pickup dudes are too broke to go there. A place like Maddy's is pickup central with so many pickup dudes hitting it up that girls get constantly approached.

I remember the RSD Free tour event, I think around 150+ people were in the audience. Thats crazy for a niche pickup company and Toronto is allegedly one of their top audiences.

I still think its better to learn pickup elsewhere, the learning curve here will make you struggle for a long long time before you finally get success. In Montreal you can cut down the learning curve drastically since there's far less competition and generally hotter girls. Also the vibe is different. Girls are friendly and want to party(also true in Atlanta). They'll actually help you out in picking them up and will overlook game mistakes. Forget about that in TO, you must be an icy unemotional man who can't show any weakness.

Toronto gals are retarded but it was not always that way. I think you would need a PHd to figure out this place, I would say game works some of the time but alot of women cannot handle a real man. I agree with alot of Torontokid says, you must have a icy unemotional personality.

Date Ideas:

I would take her to a place close to your house and more importantly a place you have on "lockdown" By lockdown I mean people know you there, the waiter/waitress, owner, manager or bouncer.
Toronto is a great city for things to do, but you never wanna come across as trying to impress her - unless she is visiting the city. There are alot of street festivals in the summer which are free of course, Greek town festival comes to mind.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Yes Gs lockdown theory could work well. Befriend the dudes working. Most dudes I find since they are mostly chumpish are easy to get on your team.

I feel high end game in Tdot is a mirage. I have told the story of me being in a high end bar and sitting beside a dude who dropped 900$ on booze compared to me who dropped 9 bucks and I got better results. Money just attracts the wrong types of girls here. Status in your niche will go a lot farther. Every girl here wants something and use men to get it. You can be the beta who gets used and gets no ass or leverage a you-take-I-get situation.

I'm trying to get back to DJ for this exact reason. A cheap way to build status. Women will use me for glamour shots, free cover, drinks. I get sex. Good deal to me.

i'm not disputing anyone, just trying to learn and gather information, but for all y'all who are complaining about toronto, lemme ask you this

how many nights a week do you go out?
which nights do you go out on?
which places do you go to?
what are these places like? (vibe, music, ratio, seating, etc.)
how many approaches do you do a night?
what types of sets do you approach?

because if you're a guy who does just less than, say, 8 approaches a weekend then how do you have the authority to generalize? if you do 20+, then ok yeah your words have weight. i've had trouble in toronto and i've seen my wings struggle, but i always try to give the city the benefit of the doubt and hold my approaching and my game accountable.

Quote: (05-15-2012 02:03 PM)bodmon Wrote:  

i'm not disputing anyone, but for all y'all who are complaining about toronto, lemme ask you this

how many nights a week do you go out?
which nights do you go out on?
which places do you go to?
what are these places like? (vibe, music, ratio, seating, etc.)
how many approaches do you do a night?
what types of sets do you approach?

because if you're a guy who does just less than, say, 8 approaches a weekend then how do you have the authority to generalize? if you do 20+, then ok yeah your words have weight. i've had trouble in toronto and i've seen my wings struggle, but i always try to give the city the benefit of the doubt and hold my approaching and my game accountable.

Quote: (05-14-2012 10:01 PM)torontokid Wrote:  

The massive number of PUA's in Toronto isn't helping the situation. Everyday there are new guys hitting up girls in this city. The only good venues are probably the high end ones with cover of 20$+ because most pickup dudes are too broke to go there. A place like Maddy's is pickup central with so many pickup dudes hitting it up that girls get constantly approached.

what are these high end joints in TO? i guess i'm one of the rare pickup dudes who's got coin

Fuck, I am really begining to hate Toronto. The women are shallow, over entitled, play massive head games and hate men. The men are also fucked up feminine wimps with no character or guts. Night life and social life in TO is pure artificial crap. The best thing that could happen to TO is if a natural disaster destroyed it completely -- and the city could start all over again from the ashes of genuine people.

Quote: (05-23-2012 11:20 PM)pbw Wrote:  

Fuck, I am really begining to hate Toronto. The women are shallow, over entitled, play massive head games and hate men. The men are also fucked up feminine wimps with no character or guts. Night life and social life in TO is pure artificial crap. The best thing that could happen to TO is if a natural disaster destroyed it completely -- and the city could start all over again from the ashes of genuine people.

Check yourself dude, being that hateful to your city is only going to hurt your progress in game.

Quote: (05-24-2012 03:30 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

Quote: (05-23-2012 11:20 PM)pbw Wrote:  

Check yourself dude, being that hateful to your city is only going to hurt your progress in game.

Exactly. Always gotta rememver there "worse" places. And plus Men have to take control of the scene. The reason TO sucks so much ass is the females run the scene here on almost all levels. If we take it back things will change for the better or you'll get your game on point to go dominate some place else.

@pbw Try living in Fort Mac or North Dakota. It can get worse lol. Gotta stay positive. These broads can smell that burning hate a mile away.

Thanks for the advice guys -- you are right about there are worse places. But as far as the broads smelling hate a mile away -- is that such a bad thing? It is not hate btw, it is calling them out of their bs. They do control the scene and treat men like disposable crap. If more men stood up to the BS, maybe things would slowly change. But 95% of toronto men are also pussy beggars and gutless wimps. When I do call a girl out on her BS, she oddly becomes more respectful. But its for the wrong reason. I have no more interest in her bc I do not want to be her therapist which is what she wants. It seems TO women are traped into the superficial games just like the men are. Game is very complicated here. But again, there are worse places -- cheers.

For cities with at least a decent amount of people, I doubt anywhere is worse.

Anyway, even if being hateful to your city hurts your game, that doesn't mean the hate is not deserved.

I agree with Kosko that the fundamental problem is that women here are fully in control of the dating scene. How it got this way, I don't know. (I didn't grow up here.) The problem is that women here have an impressive ability to hold out for the (most likely out of her league) man they desire and who they can meet through socially approved channels. (Why they have this ability is a further question.)

PBW, did you move here recently?