rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Using Timeouts to Maintain Hand

All skilled players know how important it is to have the upper hand in any type of ongoing relationship with a girl. When you begin to lose hand, her attraction to you will diminish and her behavior will worsen. She will become less pliable, less agreeable and more demanding.

Power in a relationship is is what theorists call a "zero sum game" ,meaning when one side has more power, the other side must necessarily have less power and to the same degree. When you lose power, she gains power. Despite what women say, they secretly hate this (at least the normal feminine ones).

Therefore, it's critically important for you to have strong hand in all relationships, regardless of whether its a marriage, an LTR, a regular, a casual dater, or an FB. Failure to do so will usually result in the relationship souring and ending prematurely and not on your terms.

One of the best methods to keep the hand is what i refer to as the "timeout." By this, I mean temporarily cutting off all communication with the girl. This is done without warning and without explanation. It may be done at any time, although it is most called for when she has done something that displeased you.

Not only do you not initiate contact, it is important that you do not respond to her calls, texts or emails. The length of the timeout depends on your judgment of her personality, her reaction to the timeout, and how much correction you feel her behavior needs. Only when you feel that she has been sufficiently chastened do you reestablish contact.

Here's a recent example of how a timeout worked for me. One of my regulars who I have been seeing was getting on my nerves with some annoying attitude on a Sunday after i had spent Saturday and Sunday morning banging her. On our last few times together she had become increasing critical of me on some minor points. In retrospect I think I was spending too much time with her-as everyone knows, once a girl believes she has you locked down, her behavior always deteriorates.

This is how it went down:

Sunday- there was no blow up or arguing, just some tension between us. Banged her a last time and left with usual goodbye( don't warn her about the timeout or act all pissy- this makes it far less effective)

Monday-Me-nothing, although I normally texted her the day after i saw her.
Her: Nothing

Tuesday- Me: Nothing
Her-short text saying she's sorry about the way she acted

Wednesday-Me:Nothing
Her- Leaves me a voice mail, saying she's sorry and wants to talk to me
Thursday: Me-Nothing
Her: Long text apologizing again

Friday: Me:Nothing
Her:Nothing

Saturday-Me: Nothing
Her: Even longer text even more apologetic saying she misses me

Saturday-Me: I call her
Her: She answers on the second ring.

She apologized immediately. I graciously accepted her apology and told her I was ready to just move on. It's important to point out that she really had not done any seriously bad in a specific way- but I believe women know when they are just being bitchy and actually like it when a man is willing to call them on it. A girl I once used the timeout on told me later that she knew that I was "punishing " her but that she didn't mind because she liked me!
It's also important that I didn't rub the current girl's face in it and try to humiliate her-this would only have caused resentment. The result of the timeout- she promised to buy us tickets to an event, to cook me dinner and to give me a blowjob. heh

Why does the timeout work so well? I think it has to do with a concept that has been often discussed by Roissy- male aloofness. When you timeout a girl you are showing her that you don't need her. That you are a man with social and sexual options Her hamster will spin wildly, conjuring up visions of you with other girls (cue preselection). In my experience, if you have gamed a girl well, once you put her on timeout she cannot help but fantasize about you with other girls. After all, if she thinks you are hot, other girls must want you as well, right? When I finally did talk to the current girl she asked me what i had been doing and when I was jokingly evasive she laughed and and said that I must have been "partying" ( banging other girls).

One caution- this only works with girls that you have banged a few times and have established a connection with. She must feel an emotional and sexual bond to you to the degree that she has an investment in the relationship. Only then can you instill the dread of loss that is so effective in correcting female behavior

Happy gaming

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

I thought I invented timeout years ago, ha.

I use it, identical to your plan above. My #1 in the rotation actually knows I call it timeout, but she's only experienced it once, exactly as you said above -- I saw her too often and she tested me.

Women need timeout, it enforces the proper dominant-submissive roles.

Only useful on LTR really, even if it's long term FB or FWB.

Silence works well in almost any situation.

It has its place in music, with well placed pauses. Silent pauses in conversation are important sometimes to make a point or let a concept "sink in". Sales people use silent pauses to let the potential buyer think about something. Comedians use silent pauses that are sometimes funnier then saying something.

And of course in Gaming. What works well for me is just not calling a girl at all. Lets say we have hung out a few times but not banged. I will just stop calling her. Usually a week or 2 goes by and then they contact me. They are always more eager to hang out and see me after I have ignored them for a while. I think its because I wasn't chasing and pursuing them. If I would have contacted them every week they would feel like I am not a challenge. I have learned to just have fun with them once or twice and then give them the silent treatment. It works well. If they come back, you got um. If they don't come back, you never had them anyways.

Great post.

What'd she do to piss you off on the Sunday you initiated the timeout?

Don't you get a tiny jealous that she's probably banging other dudes instead of you during the timeout? How do you deal with this?

Yeah, this is more or less a canonical game move.

Recently, a girl I had been seeing for two months was giving me a hard time about doing anal. I had done it many times beforehand with her, but this night she was resisting and saying she didn't want to do it.

After fighting her for thirty minutes, I sat up in bed, pissed off, and looked away from her. I slowly put on my clothes and walked out of her room. She followed me out, and asked why I was leaving, "I don't feel like it." (basically a reference to her not feeling like doing anal)

I didn't contact her again till I randomly bumped into her on the streets (crazy coincidence) and she apologized to me then in person. After that, she would do whatever the fuck I wanted.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.