rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Internal Venue Positioning (IVP)

How do some of the taller members handle sticking out in a club?
I stand above the regular cats when clubbing and if I go to certain clubs that cater for a specific crowd, I stand out even more because of my *ehem, tan*.

If I open on one lizard, all eyes are on me. If she shuts me down, other lizards see and then my night has been severely hampered.

Many lizards I have spoken to, do not like to be second option and do not like a man to holla at them after he has been rejected by other lizards. They like to believe that she was his first choice.

How do you lot suggest I position myself in such situations so that I can open up multiple reptiles without 'thirsting' myself out of the game?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Make less of an approach. Situate yourself so that you don't have to move to talk to a girl. The less you have to do to initiate with a girl, the less it looks like an "approach," and thus the less it looks like you got "shut down." Imagine you're standing by a water cooler and you're just talking to whoever stops by for a drink.

Also, position your body language so that you're not giving her your full attention. Talk over the shoulder, point your body away from her. If someone looks at you talking to her, they should have the feeling that you're not very invested in the conversation.

There are several ways to handle this problem- each of which may work in a given situation.

#1- identify the "nexus" points in the bar or club. These are location points which tend to get high traffic, such as specific places at the bar, chokepoints in traffic lanes, bottoms of stairwells etc. Every place has a few of these, you have to spend a little time at the venue and observe to find them. Once you have identified them, post up at one and let the girls come to you. This makes it far less obvious that you are opening girls than if you wander around the venue Gmanifesto did a good post on this at his blog.

#2-If you have an extroverted personality- go in really high energy as an "everybody's friend" type of guy. Circulate quickly around the room, talking to guys as well as girls for short periods of time. You come across as just a crazy friendly guy who's out to have fun rather than a player targeting girls. Once you identify a good prospect zero in on her.

#3-as BR said, use your body language to make your approaches more low key and camouflage them. If you walk straight up to a set and get blown out, the other girls all notice this, and will downgrade you. As you noted, girls are remarkably perceptive about this.

#4- change venues- work a few girls in one place, if no success, then quickly bounce to another and start fresh. You can even later come back to the original venue because there will have been a lot of turn over by that time, offering you fresh targets who are unaware of your previous approaches there

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

I try to get a corner set at a bar so, that they have to approach me. It only gives you a few minute window but it is less obvious. Unless if I am in a bar in Latin America where being 6' 1" and white where I stick out and then I will use dance floor game to get at them. Or change venues if there are many close by. I used this alot in Costa Rica and Peru.

Quote: (04-28-2012 01:38 PM)Moma Wrote:  

If I open on one lizard, all eyes are on me. If she shuts me down, other lizards see and then my night has been severely hampered.

I think this may be a part of my problem. If I go out, and the lighting is reasonably good, all eyes are on me (girls think I'm good looking). If one girl rejects me, or if I dismiss one girl because she's giving me a hard time, all the other girls will see that and this will make it more likely that the next one will reject me. I've literally gone out where almost all the girls in the venue are staring at me and I still go home empty handed (not just without a girl, but no numbers either). Sometimes when I'm leaving the club I have ask myself "What just happened?"

Sit at the bar, every girl that comes up there and is buying her own drinks is probably in play and you can subtly game her while she waits for a drink.

I like Mr Xy's comment about coming in as a high energy guy. That might work best. Also, I am thinking of memorising a lizard's number when she gives it to me so that it doesn't look like I am taking her number because once that phone flashes in the dark, lizards know that numbers are being taken.

I don't like to put all my eggs in one basket and I find that in a certain venue, I'll have my eye on three or four choice lizards (who have also made eye contact) but because of not wanting to look ho'ish to all of them, I end up having to go for one solid only.

No comments either about, one shouldn't give a fcuk, I've tried being extra rugged (that's my initial style) and it doesn't work.

However, I am eating well these days..just want to keep my reptilian roster high.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards