rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Girl shows up for date underdressed...dealbreaker?

So I went out with a girl and she didn't put much effort into her appearance. Since I've begun upgrading my wardrobe and learning about style, I get acutely turned off by a girl who dresses shabbily.

On the date, we were walking around crowded areas and I saw so many other girls who were dressed nice. It got me thinking, why am I with this girl? She doesn't even respect me enough to look pretty for me.

By the way, I live in Korea. This Korean girl however had traveled to the US and spent a year living in Australia. I wonder if this was a factor.

Dealbreaker? Of course not.

Quote: (04-28-2012 01:43 AM)cool Wrote:  

So I went out with a girl and she didn't put much effort into her appearance. Since I've begun upgrading my wardrobe and learning about style, I get acutely turned off by a girl who dresses shabbily.

On the date, we were walking around crowded areas and I saw so many other girls who were dressed nice. It got me thinking, why am I with this girl? She doesn't even respect me enough to look pretty for me.

By the way, I live in Korea. This Korean girl however had traveled to the US and spent a year living in Australia. I wonder if this was a factor.

I wouldnt be too concerned with what she dresses, your main concern should be fucking her.

From what I have seen, the average american Korean girls normally do not put a lot of effort into how they dress.

Not at all. I just want to bang, so unless I was using her as social proof at a high end event, I could give a fuck what she wears.
Also, is she is korean and has the typical boy body, then better for her to wear baggy clothes.

Relax. She probably just has a bad sense of fashion. Some girls just don't know how to dress (yes, even if they're from Korea).

A dealbreaker for a second date, perhaps, but on the first date while she's out you might as well try to bang unless she's wearing pajamas.

This happens to all players on occasion I'm sure.

Like the OP, I tend to take take it as a sign of disrespect, although I suppose sometimes the girl just had a poor upbringing or some other reason why she has no sense of how to dress properly.

I wouldn't make her one of my regulars that i would want to be seen in public with, but there's no reason not to go for the bang on that first date.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Quote: (04-28-2012 10:46 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

A dealbreaker for a second date, perhaps, but on the first date while she's out you might as well try to bang unless she's wearing pajamas.

I agree with this, unless she was fairly unattractive to begin with. With an attractive girl I'm more willing to put up with some half-assery... until I get the initial bang that is. Then I'm gone unless she's a great fuck... or has some other extremely desirable trait that makes me want to keep her around. But eh, that's pretty much how it is for me with all women.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

For the first date I don't care, I'm going to proceed as normal and go for the bang as long as she passes the boner test threshold. How she presents herself is definitely part of the calculation for whether I want to see her again, though. (Even then it's usually not a dealbreaker for me. I don't really care how a girl dresses as much as some other guys here do, possibly because I don't live in a city where the pajamas-and-flip flops epidemic has reached its peak.)

Guys are correct to draw a bold line between pre- and post-bang. I'm willing to put up with a considerably higher amount of stuff before the bang (poor dress, retarded speech, period blood) that would probably be a problem post.

Another consideration is age. Some younger, more sheltered girls simply don't have (as Sargon suggested) a good sense of style yet. I recently went out with a super-cute 19-year-old who showed up in frayed jeans, running shoes, and pony tail with lots of fly-aways to our first date. I brought up fashion at some point, and it became patently clear that she simply didn't know any better. I talked her into braiding her long blonde hair and she instantly looked better. I've gone out with otherwise adorable chicks with dry skin or hair on their faces.

If, like me, you rely on somewhat awkward, nerdy-but-cute girls for some of your bangs, you learn to be flexible and nuanced in what you can deal with and what you can't. A well-dressed fatty is much worse than a girl who doesn't dress well, but stays in good shape.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

I care about the inner beauty (under the clothes) more than makeup and clothes.

What did she wear though? like some american chicks with camis, some jean and flip flops with a cheap makeup?

Too early to TELL her what to wear?

I had to cut a fuckbuddy loose because she was a poor dresser. Yes, i take my fuckbuddies out from time to time lol.

Is she a consistent bad dresser?
Can you tell her to dress up for the occasion.

Or is she a girl that simply can't even match colors to look decent.
I went out with a girl(EE for that matter) for a first date who showed up at the train station in a windbreaker jacker, jeans and a pair of lime green rain boots.(she did apologize) but the next date she showed up in almost 4in/10cm high heals, skin tight cocktail dress.

Even american girls can put on if they know whats up. Ive seen girls go from dates wearing a hoodie, where i though she was frumpy to wearing mini skirts and showing off ass-ets

Don't discount a girl that seems like a bad dresser.
If she was cute enough for you to want to take her out in the first place..she must have passed your boner test.
And if you're getting laid from it..don't sweat the petty stuff.

I am the cock carousel

For me it would be a -1 on her being a keeper.

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.

Quote: (04-29-2012 02:29 AM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

I went out with a girl(EE for that matter) for a first date who showed up at the train station in a windbreaker jacker, jeans and a pair of lime green rain boots.(she did apologize) but the next date she showed up in almost 4in/10cm high heals, skin tight cocktail dress.

Even american girls can put on if they know whats up. Ive seen girls go from dates wearing a hoodie, where i though she was frumpy to wearing mini skirts and showing off ass-ets

Don't discount a girl that seems like a bad dresser.
If she was cute enough for you to want to take her out in the first place..she must have passed your boner test.

I actually banged her on the first date. I used to have a block about escalating quickly (or at all), but with Roosh's advice, I'm filling those horny nice guy shoes nicely.

I saw here again today about three weeks later. She wore a tight black dress and heels. But that still doesn't excuse showing up for a first date looking sloppy.

Quote: (04-29-2012 02:29 AM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

Lime green rubber boots= +1

Why does everyone here want a chick that looks like she's from a mall or a strip joint? Doesn't anyone want women who want to DO something--like GO OUTSIDE--besides fuck and shop?

A girl can dress casual, but she better be waxed smooth and not have a stinky vagina. Serious post [Image: bigsmile.gif]

yep..she pretty much went from a much hotter version of this?
[Image: 6a010536e87b53970b0147e1a6cfae970b-500wi] to [Image: attachment.jpg5951] the chick in the black dress

I agree iknowexactly

if im not picking her up at the mall or the club i dont really expect her to be dresses like a doll.
In the even she's a keeper, I dont want her too high maintenance.
..but she still better know how to dress when we go out for something serious

I am the cock carousel

Actually, it is a dealbreaker. She doesn't put much effort to go out with you. Either she thinks you are just another friend (read:chump) or she is clearly socially retarded (read:red flag).

Quote: (04-28-2012 01:43 AM)cool Wrote:  

proper dress for the proper venue.

While she better not show up to a cocktail party wearing that shitty getup with the yellow boots, and red rain jacket posted up there...

I wouldn't care too much if she showed up at the local watering hole with that on.

This girl I banged last Thursday for the first time looked half-way decent on the first date. We had planned to meet for brunch and I showed up dressed well. She was wearing a jeans, T-shirt, and flipflops. We'll see how long she makes it.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

I'm assuming you were out with her because you found her attractive. I understand the dismay at her showing up looking sloppy though - even girls without a "sense of style" still know how to look neat and somewhat coordinated. While fucking her should be the primary goal, I find it somewhat disrespectful for a bitch to show up on a first date looking less than tight. Even if she shows up looking like Gmac's brunch date (jeans, t-shirt and flip-flops), she can still look put-together. Her toenails can have some polish. Her hair can be pulled back and looking neat. She can have light makeup on. It can be a nice t-shirt and jeans. As long as she's occasion appropriate and neat, it's cool. If she doesn't look like she put ANY effort into looking presentable, hopefully the pussy is good and she can get slotted in as a fuckbuddy in your rotation. No more going out in public with you though...

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (05-01-2012 10:56 AM)Gmac Wrote:  

This girl I banged last Thursday for the first time looked half-way decent on the first date. We had planned to meet for brunch and I showed up dressed well. She was wearing a jeans, T-shirt, and flipflops. We'll see how long she makes it.

See... flipflops kill it for me. Once I might overlook it. Sandals or even sneakers and she can bust out with the retro Jordans, but flipflops? No. I'm not even sorry about that. She HAS to do better.