rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Male field hockey player banned for being too good.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool...13816.html

Quote:Quote:

As reported by New York CBS affiliate 1010 WINS, Fox News and a variety of other outlets, 13-year-old Southampton (N.Y.) High student Keeling Pilaro will not be allowed to compete for the Southampton field hockey team in fall 2012 because he has simply been too dominant a player over the past two seasons. Pilaro began competing for the Southampton varsity field hockey team at just 11 years of age, and at age 13 still stands a tiny 4-foot-8 and 82 pounds.

How's that Title IX working for you?

This is so bad, even the feminists are against it.

Quote:Quote:

While Section 11's decision to ban Pilaro may be an attempt to protect competitive equity among its field hockey programs, it is likely to open up an enormous can of worms by doing so. Even Dana Edell, the executive director of the SPARK movement, a activist organization for the equality of girls in sports, raised concerns about what banning Pilaro would do to the enforceability of Title IX regulations and the equality of opportunity between the sexes.

So much for "anything you can do, I can do better".

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Shooting themselves in the foot with this one.

We often complain about how modern American feminists enforce double standards ("equality when we like it, sexism when we don't"), but this is too blatant and brazen, even for them.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

For god's sake... 13 year old boy? Wow

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

That's messed up they should be encouraging him or if worst came to worse sending him in the direction of a school that can leverage his skills.

I was listing to a big long discussion about "Tittle IX" and how its fucking over hundreds if not thousands of young black men in NCAA Div 1 sports. They can't be compensated for their skills and are limited in how much money they can earn during a school year. The NCAA earns hundreds of millions of these players backs and can't ever institute any type of system for adequate compensation due to the fact that anything USC Football would get, Ball State Female Hop-scotch would have to get also due to equity rules. So now Young men flee college early and don;t get a education, some make it to professional levels ... most don't though and have little to show for it in the end.

Harrison Bergeron. Gotta love it.

How similar is field hockey to lacrosse?

Is the league a girls league and they just happen to have a boy on the team?

to be fair..it is a GIRLS team... and the kid obviously has been playing since he could crawl. No shit he's gonna dominate.

When I played rugby..we had early year high school kids from places like ireland and south africa join my teams from high school up to mens teams.
Those kids grew up playing like we grew up playing football and made us look like toddlers in skill level.

I've heard of league and whatnot actual making it a rule that a percentage of the team has to be "american" or actually live in the area the team practices in so some teams wouldnt get crushed routinely.

I dont agree with this limiting the field and having less competitions...but in this case..women will never be as good as men in sports.

find this kid another team..or a higher level of play.
let the girls have their fun

I am the cock carousel

Man, that's bullshit. We have some stellar dudes playing rugby with us, but none of them would ever get banned.
I'm definitely not one of them, mostly because I can't run for shit because of my smoking habit, but I think that the great players have as much right to participate as I do.

Definitely agree that women will never be as good as men at sports. The best (99th percentile, no kidding) female athletes I have ever seen are usually on par with average to above-average male athletes. Look at shot-put, for example. Women can throw it roughly as far as men, but they are only throwing half the weight.

I think that there was even a case where an excellent female Thai boxer was made to do (and failed) testing for gender, as she was some sort of hermaphrodite.

I think one of the more "infamous" stories is Highland rugby..the team from forever strong.

The movie hypes them up..but in reality they are known for importing islanders to play for the season, win championships then go back home.

When I played and was around some higher level mens clubs teams, I just thought it was hilarious that some of the best "american" teams are filled with guys with accents.
__

Inverse of the story.. every now an then there was a girl on a team..
she usually did really well for the fact that she was a giant hog beast and/or no one wanted to hit her.
you either look like an ass for smashing a girl..or you look like a bitch for letting her break your tackle

which is why i think girls should have their own sports..guys should have theres.

...id much rather watch the girls play beach volleyball than play it

I am the cock carousel

Quote: (04-27-2012 06:12 AM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

I think one of the more "infamous" stories is Highland rugby..the team from forever strong.

The movie hypes them up..but in reality they are known for importing islanders to play for the season, win championships then go back home.

When I played and was around some higher level mens clubs teams, I just thought it was hilarious that some of the best "american" teams are filled with guys with accents.
__

she usually did really well for the fact that she was a giant hog beast and/or no one wanted to hit her.
you either look like an ass for smashing a girl..or you look like a bitch for letting her break your tackle

which is why i think girls should have their own sports..guys should have theres.

I'm sort of surprised, do you not have separate men and women's rugby teams at your school? I recall going to Wayne State's March Madness rugby tournament, getting plenty drunk, and whoring on to teams, and they were always well segregated. I could imagine a female rugger/ogre doing pretty well though since I wouldn't tackle her either.

I did see a women's rugby game and I remember their tighthead prop looked like John Goodman covered in cellulite.

Quote: (04-27-2012 05:55 AM)Hades Wrote:  

Man, that's bullshit. We have some stellar dudes playing rugby with us, but none of them would ever get banned.
I'm definitely not one of them, mostly because I can't run for shit because of my smoking habit, but I think that the great players have as much right to participate as I do.

Definitely agree that women will never be as good as men at sports. The best (99th percentile, no kidding) female athletes I have ever seen are usually on par with average to above-average male athletes. Look at shot-put, for example. Women can throw it roughly as far as men, but they are only throwing half the weight.

I think that there was even a case where an excellent female Thai boxer was made to do (and failed) testing for gender, as she was some sort of hermaphrodite.

http://youtu.be/1IuEAP_6CJU

Is this who you're talking about?

He should play real hockey , instead of wasting his time on this sport .

Quote: (04-27-2012 06:24 AM)Hades Wrote:  

Quote: (04-27-2012 06:12 AM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

__

I'm sort of surprised, do you not have separate men and women's rugby teams at your school? I recall going to Wayne State's March Madness rugby tournament, getting plenty drunk, and whoring on to teams, and they were always well segregated. I could imagine a female rugger/ogre doing pretty well though since I wouldn't tackle her either.

I did see a women's rugby game and I remember their tighthead prop looked like John Goodman covered in cellulite.

There was always girls teams in the schools/clubs i played with.
none of the teams I ever played on had any girls on the team, but every now an then there would be a club that must have had no girls team near them or something and they would have an odd girl on the team.

Rugby obviously isnt a popular sport in america.

I am the cock carousel

But on the good side, he's around so many chicks its crazy.

Nope.

Quote: (04-27-2012 04:45 AM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

find this kid another team..or a higher level of play.
let the girls have their fun

Field hockey is a girls sport in the United States. Title IX requires equal opportunity. Since there are no boys teams, his only option is to play with the girls.

The only step up from where he is at is college, and they aren't going to let him play there. If he was a girl playing at his level, she would have scholarships coming from all angles. Instead, he's told he's not allowed to play.

If I were this kid's father, I'd be suing everyone involved. Not even for the money, but because this is the bullshit that we in the manosphere are supposed to be fighting against. The hardcore feminists can even smell the bullshit, even if it's for solipsistic reasons.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Imagine in ten years time - he'll be telling girls this story and they'll think it's so outlandish it must be a PUA routine.

"Do you play sports?"
"I used to play field hockey but they banned me because I was too good and showing the girls up."
"Yeah right. I bet you read that in The Game"

Quote: (04-27-2012 11:51 AM)Rosca Wrote:  

But on the good side, he's around so many chicks its crazy.

It doesn't matter. That kid will be gay by 16.

Quote: (04-27-2012 11:51 AM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

If I were this kid's father, I'd be suing everyone involved.

The father needs his ass kicked.

I don't care if the kid is from the magical land where boys are girls.

Where he is now it's not like that. He's young enough to have gotten into some other sports. Instead, his parents made him the focus of their own gay crusade.

If they wanted the kid to play field hockey, why didn't they just stay where boys play field hockey?

Quote: (04-27-2012 11:51 AM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

this is the bullshit that we in the manosphere are supposed to be fighting against. The hardcore feminists can even smell the bullshit, even if it's for solipsistic reasons.

They gotta fight to let 13 year old boys play field hockey?

Shouldn't the manosphere take a stand AGAINST boys playing field hockey?

Does the manospher defend this tranny's right to be Miss Universe? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/10...15102.html

Aloha!

Maybe you should try reading the article before spewing your homophobic bullshit. The family is from Ireland, where he played on BOYS teams. Not all countries have the same standards as to what constitutes a "real sport". Fuck trying to make a better life for your family, and fuck the things you like to do, as long as you are socially accepted, right?

As for your argument of the tranny in the beauty pageant. You are comparing apples and oranges. There's a difference between a privately run competition and a publicly funded activity backed by federal law.

Get your head out of your ass.

Is this a joke?

I don't care what they do where he's from. It's a girl's sport where he is now.

The better life for your family argument doesn't work. So this father wants a better life for his family and moves them somewhere else. Ok great. Now he's allowing his son to be made a fool out of. If field hockey is so important, they should stay where he can play. Did the father say "Son, only girls play field hockey here, there's ice hockey" or something like that? No, he sent him out to play with little girls. That's what's cruel about this.

Men are better at sports than women. How many PGA Tournaments has Annika Sorenstam won? How about Danica Patrick, what's she won? Of course this kid's gonna be better than the girls.

There's way too many things wrong with this.

Aloha!

It's the kid's choice to play field hockey. He says he plays other sports, but he enjoys field hockey the most. If I went somewhere that baseball was considered a girl's sport, you bet your ass I'd be on the field with them.

I don't see how the kid is making a fool of himself. He doesn't get ostracized for it (in fact, the girls respect him), and he says that the girls on the team are like his family. In the end it's the school district that is going to be made the fool.

If my kid wants to do something he enjoys I'm going to support him. If it gets him surrounded by girls in the process, that's just icing on the cake.