rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Manosphere Goes Mainstream

A few weeks ago Roissy tweeted that he'd been quoted in the Sydney Morning Herald, the Aussie equivalent of the New York Times. Now the other paper of record The Age has quoted Dalrock, Whiskey Place and Hooking Up Smart (not a fan of her personally): Why women lose the dating game

[Image: grouphug.gif]

Sydney boy here. I almost did a double take when i first read that article a few days ago and saw them include the term "cock carousel". Viva la resistance!

Feel free to PM me for wine advice or other stuff
ROK Article: 5 Reasons To Have Wine On A Date
RVF Wine Thread

Do you have a link to Roissy's comments in the SMH?

Quote: (04-23-2012 07:36 AM)Lukey Wrote:  

Do you have a link to Roissy's comments in the SMH?

Men Stuck In A Wheel of Misfortune

Considering the manosphere has more interesting thoughts in the pinky finger of the men who reside here than the entire media establishment, it's not any surprise they need to quote us to get over their own mediocrity.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

MSM outlets are all PC. I often enjoy the comments section more than the actual articles.

An article like that would never see the light of day in U.S or Canada.

I have gotten more exposure to my writings in Europe than America, and now more exposure to manosphere bloggers in Australia.

I guess they don't like us in the States.

The author of "Ratio Factor" blog wrote a good post on this article here

I agree with his opinion, mainly because his description of DC and how he related that to the article also applies to where i live.

IMO this article MAY seem like a wake-up call/reality-check slap for women in a subtle way, however any well aware man in the manosphere will agree that it is unrealistic, as women hitting 30 these days could care less about the fact that they are 30 and STILL PLAYING THE FIELD (not married/no kids).

Of course this is because they are outnumbered by available men over 30, which is clearly shown in a photo uploaded by Ratio Factor author on this subject.

The first commenter, Olive, was typical of most women. Instead of seeing the obvious disadvantages women face in playing the waiting game, she instead wants to argue that men are guilty of the same thing (missing the point of the article - men in their 30s can date/marry younger, while women in their 30s can't or don't want to), or the default statement that there's nothing wrong with being single, or that not every woman wants to be married or in a relationship, blah, blah, blah. Women are largely fucked because they refuse to face reality, and go through their lives believing that everyone and everything should change to accommodate them.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Great article, the author, Bettina Arndt, seems like a smart lady. No wonder that femists are onto her. Great to see more women seeing the men's point of view.

I agree with Perseus that there are many 30 something women playing the field, since they still can (at least the attractive ones). But I can guarantee you that most of those will end spinsters.

Quote: (04-23-2012 06:59 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

A few weeks ago Roissy tweeted that he'd been quoted in the Sydney Morning Herald, the Aussie equivalent of the New York Times. Now the other paper of record The Age has quoted Dalrock, Whiskey Place and Hooking Up Smart (not a fan of her personally): Why women lose the dating game

[Image: grouphug.gif]
UrbanNerd?
Quote:Quote:

There is Greenlander, an apparently successful engineer in his late 30s. In his early adult life, he was unable to ''get the time of day from women''. Now he's interested only in women under 27.

''The women I know in their early 30s are just delusional,'' he says. ''I sometimes seduce them and sleep with them just because I know how to play them so well. It's just too easy. They're tired of the cock carousel and they see a guy like me as the perfect beta to settle down with before their eggs dry out … when I get tired of them I just delete their numbers from my cell phone and stop taking their calls … It doesn't really hurt them that much: at this point they're used to pump & dump!''

Quote: (04-23-2012 10:11 AM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

MSM outlets are all PC. I often enjoy the comments section more than the actual articles.

Agreed. Most of the time I'll skim and article, then spend an extended period of time reading the comments section. The more controversial the article, the better.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

[Image: lol.gif]

I don't know what's better. The article, or the "we're oblivious to our self-parody" comment section.
[Image: popcorn2.gif]

@ tengen: *raises fist "viva la resistance brother "

It's very exciting, but I wouldn't hold my breath. It's still very far from mainstream.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Is the manosphere going mainstream in our best interests?

Quote: (12-28-2012 06:25 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Probably not. The media will spin our lifestyle into a feminist-positive one. I can already see the headlines:

"Men who take advantage of feminism for their own perverted ends"

"The largest growing corner of the web - a place for frustrated men in the dating game - the Manosphere."

"An online cult - calling themselves the manosphere - led by a man listed on SPLC's hate list. More at 9."

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Quote: (12-28-2012 06:29 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

Probably not. The media will spin our lifestyle into a feminist-positive one. I can already see the headlines:

"The largest growing corner of the web - a place for frustrated men in the dating game - the Manosphere."

"An online cult - calling themselves the manosphere - led by a BEARDED man listed on SPLC's hate list. More at 9."

Added a little more accurate description.

Quote: (12-28-2012 06:39 AM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

"An online cult - calling themselves the manosphere - led by a BEARDED man listed on SPLC's hate list. More at 9."

Make us look like terrorists? Nice.

Quote: (12-28-2012 06:39 AM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

..."tonight on inside edition... we talk to the man, the manosphere calls Uncle.
...what does he want?
...where does he come from?
...and why his strange propensity for the FSU, beard growing and white BMWs?"

[Image: tongue.gif]

I'd say probably not. For most things, going mainstream is the beginning of the downfall.

The more that men wise up about the sexual market for pussy, the less of a seller's market it will become. Imagine fewer beta orbiters, imagine choking off the facebook/instagram validation machine, imagine fewer white knight cockblocks, imagine fat chicks being forced to improve themselves to get attention...

[Image: banana.gif]

Really like to see 60 minutes or someone do a story on this. This is an issue that most people are aware of. It has not really been addressed in the mainstream yet. In Australia some of the advertising for online dating is outright sexist, the females on some of the ads even referring to men they don't like as losers. I can think of about two, one in particular, which clearly depicts the dating market as something where women can simply take their pick.

Quote: (12-30-2012 12:01 AM)rlongo924 Wrote:  

I'd say probably not. For most things, going mainstream is the beginning of the downfall.

Self-labeling ie. Manosphere, PUA, ect. perpetuates that.

If it goes mainstream, it won't be under the banner of guys like Roosh. Rest assured, it will be usurped by parachuting careerists who will then succeed in becoming the face of the manosphere. This pattern has been observed time and time again. When the mainstream cannot ignore a fringe movement, it coopts it.