rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's with all of the LTR talk around here?

The past few weeks I've noticed an influx of mostly new members asking and talking about LTRs/finding wives/families/etc.. What's the deal? I know some guys get into game so they can finally get a girlfriend, but I don't feel that is what this forum is about. There are other places for that. Maybe I'm wrong and Roosh needs to set me straight about what the focus is here, but I just feel like this whole LTR and marriage talk doesn't fit with the forums mentality.

Isn't this a forum for players who want to travel and fuck girls? Not a forum for people to learn game and travel to a foreign country so they can get themselves into a LTR or find a wife?

Has anyone else noticed an increase in this kind of talk, or am just hungry and pissy right now?

I don't see the issue. Game is practical in LTR to keep the woman engaged and in love with you.

Many people enjoy the stability of a relationship (and arguably, emotional fulfillment) rather than a string of flings.

I don't see an issue neither.

With the growing success of the forum comes all kind of stuff.

Just ignore the stuff you don't want to read (LTR stuff), like you would do when reading an online newspaper. No big deal. It shows the broad interest in this kind of forum, and the wide range of possibilities you can use Game for.

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)

I bring up the LTR sometimes because I'm in one. That doesn't mean I don't have things on the side. I've been with 3 other girls while with the main, so it's not like I'm out of the game.

Out of the girls I date and fuck, occasionally I find one that's worth keeping around. There are strategies that correlate between gaming girls in LTRs and gaming new prospects in bars. They're not *that* different.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Getting into both flings and getting into LTRs is always done the same way: due to feminism and ease of fucking around, the girl who is attracted to you sleeps with you, and then you either try to get her into fuck-buddy status or into a gf status, whichever you prefer. I don't think the strategies are that different, or even at odds with each other.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

I think that when people first get into game, they are so wired into the dating system that all they can vision is to get a girlfriend. To them, just fucking around is out of their box.

I think Rio means the guys who have zero game and whose first question is about meeting a good girl to wife up instead of going through the process of learning game and becoming a better man that can actually get such a girl.

Where else on the internet would a guy get real advice on how to act towards (a) women? I'm pretty sure this is the only forum that would regard a feminists input as trolling. Although, I'm not sure it's really possible to stay in a marriage if your wife is walking all over you and you suddenly decide to man up.

Quote: (04-22-2012 08:45 AM)MrPink Wrote:  

Where else on the internet would a guy get real advice on how to act towards (a) women? I'm pretty sure this is the only forum that would regard a feminists input as trolling. Although, I'm not sure it's really possible to stay in a marriage if your wife is walking all over you and you suddenly decide to man up.

there are dozens of big game forums on the net. rsv specializes on travel fucking, thus snl game. other forums are well aware of "dont take advice of women about women".

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

I'm with Rio and notice the same thing. I'm new but I thought the forum was strickly for travel and the game. Forget the LTR's. I am just annoyed by the talk but since I'm new I just keep my mouth shut. I just skip over the garbage. There should be a meme whenever LTR is brought up.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

These are the types of threads I am referring to:

A guy wanting to know where to meet blonde, Christian girls for marriage?
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-12360.html

Asking what is the best country in South America for an introverted man to find a LTR?
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-12260.html

Yes, this is a game forum. And yes, going about finding a LTR or finding fuck buddies might be very similar. However, are these the type of threads and mentality that we want on the forum? I'm not saying everyone here has to want to travel and fuck dozens of girls, but don't these types of posters seem like they are at the wrong place for their goals? I wouldn't go to a forum about marriage and dating asking how to fuck ton's of girls and build a harem. They would tell me to GTFO, and rightly so.

Personally, I think too many people/threads like this will shift the mentality and focus of the forum from "international playboys" or whatever you want to call us, over to a beta ass relationship forum. Of course a total forum shift like that is a long way off, but even a handful of regulars with this mentality will start to dirty the water. I was attracted to this forum because it is about travel, picking up girls, and improving the male lifestyle. Getting married to Christian girls or moving to Colombia so I can finally get a girlfriend where I couldn't before is not what attracted me, and I doubt many others.

How long before we get a string of "My wife/girlfriend is cheating on me, how can I win her back?!?" threads. Slippery slope my friends.

Maybe guys have suffered over the long winter not meeting many women out and about, so they are leaning towards the "if I had a ltr, I would not be alone his cold Friday night". Now summer is near, patios and women come out of hibernation, the thoughts of a LTR will be the lat thing they think about.

As one of the new guys here who did start out with LTR related posts, I'll add my two cents:

-For me I've been in my LTR for years, for a little while I went through a funk that had me acting not like myself and probably a bit "beta" as you would say. I became more reliant on my LTR for shit I should have been thinking about/handling myself. Fast forward today, I'm coming out of the funk, and my LTR is noticing. She's always commented I've always been a bit of an asshole , emotionally distant at times, and not very romantic at times and she ALWAYS ends this with "but you're so hot" or "I'm so attracted to you even though you do those things." She's well aware I fucked around when I was younger, she's far from my first, and yet she's ok with that. She's been more into me again as I've gotten my "attitude" and "confidence" back lately. I'm trying to be a better more refined version of the not give a shit, fun, smooth laid back guy I was when she first met me and she's noticing...and hopefully other girls notice. Lately she jokes how "You have your balls and I don't want them at all" when talking about guys we know who've balls were handed over years ago to their LTR.

Also as I'm regaining this confidence and trying to get back into game, I'm looking for tips and ways to keep my LTR into me and being the "alpha" guy I realized she fell for in the first place and at same time keeping my side game discreet and ways to game chicks who won't fuck up my setup. Most people will tell you it's wrong or cheating, but you guys don't roll like that so where else can I get game tips for my situation, ya know.

As for people dropping by here trying to score a marriage ready LTR, I suppose the game could help them get a "better" woman that is all they want in a relationship. I'm sure many gamers settle down one day and the woman they end up with isn't the same woman they would've ended up with had they settled early on.

Also I'll include this complimentary meme image for those who need a good reply to the "help me get a wife so I can get laid" posts:
[Image: picard-facepalm.jpg]

Quote: (04-22-2012 02:23 AM)michelin Wrote:  

With the growing success of the forum comes all kind of stuff.

Would it be worthwhile to have a LTR section?

How about a "game in non-getting-laid situations" section: female bosses, sales assistants, the DMV lady, etc.

In the case of guys specifically looking to settle down and find themselves a nice christian wife or whatever, just link the Newb link that Roosh posted. It's noted that this is not a site for "how to find 'the one'".

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

I doubt this topic will ever go away. Too many guys can barely get one girl, so it is what it is.

Understandable? Yeah.
Could I meaningfully contribute to it? Probably.
Will I? Never.

Its simple, I dont think they are as conservative as they play to be, they are just people who recognizes having big flaws/bad game and whom are afraid of ending up alone.

I say just let them have their occasional thread, and rebuke them as appropriate.

I wouldn't fault a guy who wanted to translate Game into an LTR... lots of players end up with an LTR one day.

These are guys you can HELP, by rebuking them and opening their eyes to some things. Yeah, we can all high-five about chasing tail, but guys who are less cynical than us can fit in too, I think... and maybe they need to be here most of all...

haha

Sloots gon' sloot.

I, for one, am not 100 percent anti-LTR. I'm against permanent LTRs and marriage, but the idea of parking the game for a little while and chilling a little more with a quality girl is fine. If you decide to creep on the side or not (with or without an explicit agreement), that's your thing, but you can and should keep your game tight through relationships.

I've been starting to consider the idea of having a couple of open relationships with girls. I think I might be able to pull it off (even though, to the untrained eye, I don't at all fit the profile of the type of guy who gets away with that kind of shit). I like the idea of having a couple of girls come over to my pad, watch movies, cook, bang, and laugh.

I don't object to relationship-game threads or relationship-seeking discussions. But when they come from guys with zero game, guys who think they can skip over the player basics to snare a quality girl, or from johnny-come-lately newbs who just want a quick fix, I take exception too.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (04-22-2012 06:11 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

I, for one, am not 100 percent anti-LTR. I'm against permanent LTRs and marriage, but the idea of parking the game for a little while and chilling a little more with a quality girl is fine. If you decide to creep on the side or not (with or without an explicit agreement), that's your thing, but you can and should keep your game tight through relationships.

I've been starting to consider the idea of having a couple of open relationships with girls. I think I might be able to pull it off (even though, to the untrained eye, I don't at all fit the profile of the type of guy who gets away with that kind of shit). I like the idea of having a couple of girls come over to my pad, watch movies, cook, bang, and laugh.

I don't object to relationship-game threads or relationship-seeking discussions. But when they come from guys with zero game, guys who think they can skip over the player basics to snare a quality girl, or from johnny-come-lately newbs who just want a quick fix, I take exception too.

I agree with mostly everything you said, and feel similar. Although, I would rather not see many relationship type threads. For me, there is a big difference between ending up in a semi-LTR, or someone actively looking for a LTR to settle down because they are bad with girls. A very different mentality there IMO and I think there has been a influx of people who fall into the latter, which is why I made this thread.

I'm not saying "NEVER end up in a LTR." I'm just saying, let's not have have this forum be a landing place for dudes looking to snatch up a LTR in a foreign country because they have no game and can't get laid back home.

I think guys with no game who want a LTR in a foreign country are better off heading over to Winston Wu's HappierAbroad forum. Let's keep RooshV for the real players/aspiring players who like to travel.

Quote: (04-22-2012 02:03 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

The past few weeks I've noticed an influx of mostly new members asking and talking about LTRs/finding wives/families/etc.. What's the deal? I know some guys get into game so they can finally get a girlfriend, but I don't feel that is what this forum is about.

I would speculate that 95% of guys get into the game just to find a girlfriend.
And as soon as they learn how much effort it takes, they leave and don't come back.
This is why there will be only very few players around, no matter how much knowledge you'll make available.

Quote: (04-23-2012 11:26 AM)oldnemesis Wrote:  

Quote: (04-22-2012 02:03 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

The past few weeks I've noticed an influx of mostly new members asking and talking about LTRs/finding wives/families/etc.. What's the deal? I know some guys get into game so they can finally get a girlfriend, but I don't feel that is what this forum is about.

I would speculate that 95% of guys get into the game just to find a girlfriend.
And as soon as they learn how much effort it takes, they leave and don't come back.
This is why there will be only very few players around, no matter how much knowledge you'll make available.

and the effort is the cold approach. 95% dont want to cold approach and get rejected over and ovr.

The playboy lifestyle is not for everyone. It can wear a man out. It can be a lonely road. It can destroy him. We have to be careful.

Most guys would be happier settling down. It's just in their nature. I think alot of guys get into game so that they can start to give themselves a chance with girls. Bang a few and then eventually find a wife.

Not all of them are hard core playboys like some of us.

Quote: (04-22-2012 06:56 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

I think Rio means the guys who have zero game and whose first question is about meeting a good girl to wife up instead of going through the process of learning game and becoming a better man that can actually get such a girl.

Yeah, these guys are annoying. They want results without work..

Agree with Gio on this.

When you're in a rut you start thinking about your past hook-ups/relstionships and what have you and start to ponder if u made the right decision. You either push through or regress. This was me all February and March this year as I invested time working on other aspects of my life (dance, reading, health, Spanish, and even more importantly, work.). Was a rough start to the year but I believe the long-term players snatch an "aha" moment. For me this was 9 months ago when I pulled off a major once in a blue moon one might stand with a solid 8.5 and someone everyone around me believed was way out of my league.

Anyway, there are very few people who can last a lifetime in this mindset because it is HARD WORK. VERY HARD WORK. Stay fit, make more money, dress sharp, get a smooth gait, lift more, run more, sleep regularly, drink water, while remaining "on" 24/7. The "playboy" lifestyle is a complete change to your mindset and overall personality.

^^really? i dont see that as "playboy lifestyle"

i see that as good living

maybe thats why my game is tight even in a LTR, which I am in.