rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Almost Got Fired Today!

Almost Got Fired Today!

Ha. The man came around with my separation papers in hand. Accused, and presumed guilty. All this was written up without even talking to me. I had supporting documentation to my innocence, so it's squashed, but it's nice to know where my employer stands, which is apparently all over my Constitutional rights.

Wantonly questioning my integrity, and frivolously toying with my livelihood? They just awoke the sleeping Marine.

Almost Got Fired Today!

I've got a guy spreading shit about me to the contractor I am subbing for. Now I know why work has been slow for a few months.

I am insanely pissed right now.

Trying to figure out a way to fuck this douchbag's shit up right now. The problem is he is currently in another state.

I WILL find a way to bury this asshole.

So yeah, I know where you're coming from Ali.

Fucking cocksuckers.

Almost Got Fired Today!

Integrity means doing the right thing no matter what the consequence. My conscience will be clear upon leaving. I will come outta here swinging (proverbially).

Almost Got Fired Today!

Almost Got Fired Today!

What were these allegations, Ali?

Keep in mind that pretty much any traditional, especially office, workplace nowadays will consider a confident, masculine man a threat. I had problems like this in the past, for doing nothing else than walking with my head high and speaking with authority.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Almost Got Fired Today!

Quote: (04-20-2012 11:42 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

What were these allegations, Ali?

Keep in mind that pretty much any traditional, especially office, workplace nowadays will consider a confident, masculine man a threat. I had problems like this in the past, for doing nothing else than walking with my head high and speaking with authority.

Honesty? I'm a threat because of my integrity. They tried to make up some bullshit, which I smacked down with documentation. That sent them scurrying to regroup.

The weak lead this place, and got to their positions from lying, and stepping on the backs of others to get to where they are. My strong sense of ethics scares them, and because I can't be controlled. So their only out is to bounce me before I blow the whistle.

This is a tricky game. You can win the battles, but ultimately lose the war. Know how far to push, then resign before they have a reason to terminate, and have something else lined up. I won't stoop to their level, so when the gloves come off, I'll bow out.

So in the meantime, I'll start volleying rounds in their direction, like an M777. I got A LOT of ammo.

Got nothing to lose and everything to gain. My inbox is filling up with job offers, and I have a bunch of money saved up. My position is at the top of the hill, a big one, and they have a long climb and a hella fight to take down this Jarhead! Ain't my first rodeo gents. Hoorah!

edit- grammer

Almost Got Fired Today!

From the employers point of view, sounds like they're trying to get rid of you because you won't let them walk all over you. They know you can't be controlled and that's not what they want, they want unshakeable obedience.

You gotta play the game bro. Diplomacy is an asset, as is deception. Act like the good little worker bee for a while and they might forget about it.

I mean no offence when I say that. I'm not condemning your actions at all, just offering some perspective.

"Colt 45 and two zigzags, baby that's all we need" - Ronald Reagan

Almost Got Fired Today!

Keep in mind that pretty much any traditional, especially office, workplace nowadays will consider a confident, masculine man a threat.

I had the same problem when i was working for a 'western' startup. In my culture, men are still men (although less and less, sadly), and you are expected to be assertive, confident and unafraid to make your case. People i was working with had a lot of trouble dealing with that - they were even pretty open about being intimidated by my 'strong personality' (quote). Like it was my problem, not theirs.

I couldn't understand it at the time, but I've since understood just how pussyfied the western world is, and how much you have to tone down to work in that environment.

Balkan Power Individual™

Almost Got Fired Today!

Quote: (04-20-2012 12:37 PM)calex Wrote:  

Keep in mind that pretty much any traditional, especially office, workplace nowadays will consider a confident, masculine man a threat.

I had the same problem when i was working for a 'western' startup. In my culture, men are still men (although less and less, sadly), and you are expected to be assertive, confident and unafraid to make your case. People i was working with had a lot of trouble dealing with that - they were even pretty open about being intimidated by my 'strong personality' (quote). Like it was my problem, not theirs.

I couldn't understand it at the time, but I've since understood just how pussyfied the western world is, and how much you have to tone down to work in that environment.

I've been sucking this shit up for months, but they started with fear tactics, and I started a war. It wasn't for me personally, but for the younger employees that didn't know any better. They've sent off all the strong employees, and I'm the last one standing, that will fight back. The 3rd billy goat, if you will.

This industry is always been brutal. People love to fuck with others jobs, "just because". I call it the Lord of the Flies effect. It makes no sense. This is why I've decided to call it quits, and go back to a normal job, where people act like civilized human beings.

The shitty part is, I'm not confrontational by nature. It takes a lot out of me to fight the good fight, and I promise you, when it's your turn, you'll most likely be doing it alone. But fuck, somebody's got to.

Almost Got Fired Today!

It seems to me that you will have the same problem in every company you choose to work for. And in the end, no matter how much value you bring to the table, they have most of the power. And sadly, most people would rather have a less capable employee they can boss around rather then a wiz that won't take any shit from them. Plus, they can probably save some money in the process.

I've went with the 'if you can't change the work environment, change the work environment' approach, and i'm doing the freelance/solopreneur thing right now. I'm fairly happy with it, though i was making more dough and had more status in a 'real' startup. Still, i live in a fairly cheap country, and what i'm making now is 2-3 times more than your average middle manager, so i'm cool with that. It's fairly easy to make 'some' money, but making serious money takes a lot of work and a fair amount of luck.

Did you think about going on your own? I don't know your industry, but if you are running your own biz, the same attitude you are taking flak for now becomes a major advantage.

Balkan Power Individual™

Almost Got Fired Today!

Quote: (04-20-2012 12:45 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

This is why I've decided to call it quits, and go back to a normal job, where people act like civilized human beings.

Oh, looks like someone got their 4hour work week book in the mail. haha

Seriously, Ali, it isn't much different in a lot of civilian jobs besides you might be paid less.

One reason I haven't worked for anyone in the past 10 or so years.

Keep fighting the good fight.

Almost Got Fired Today!

Quote: (04-20-2012 12:45 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

The shitty part is, I'm not confrontational by nature.

I dunno, man. You are getting into a lot of fights there. Why do they have it in for you?

You sound like a belligerent guy. But maybe you just got into a shitty situation. Either way, your future is limited in your current job. You know you need to make alternative plans.

Almost Got Fired Today!

Lol! I want you to get fired! What's the name of your company again?

Almost Got Fired Today!

Quote: (04-20-2012 01:46 PM)calex Wrote:  

It seems to me that you will have the same problem in every company you choose to work for.

Na. It's effecting 80% of the workforce. They've lost about 20% of their manpower, which most companies would have taken serious. Poor management is costing them a lot. HR complaints have been flying. I get along with 98% of coworkers/companies. This is just an isolated incident in my career. For the first couple of months we were under different management, and things ran great. Problem is we're deployed, so the upper management/HR can't see the whole picture. And what gets painted get misconstrued.

Almost Got Fired Today!

Quote:Aliblahba Wrote:

The weak lead this place, and got to their positions from lying, and stepping on the backs of others to get to where they are.

"The weak will always try to destroy the strong."

Hello.

Almost Got Fired Today!

I wouldn't go far as that. I would say that you have to look out for certain types, who WILL fire your ass when you show any balls. I've encountered two kinds:

1. The semi-hot chick who is pissed that you aren't kissing her ass, and that you just don't give a fuck about her. If you spit back a tenth of the shit she pulls on you, she will tell your boss in a heartbeat. And your boss is a white knight who secretly wants to fuck her, so the chances of him siding with you are approximately zero.

2. The insecure dude who wants you to actively assume the position of bitch at every opportunity. If you ever question him for something legitimate, eg he goes back on a promise he made you, he will be shaken and angry that you had the cojones to challenge him. His emotional hold on power is so weak that he flips when you aren't actively submissive. Anything short of that, and he will get angry and want to fire you. He views any guy with a pair as a threat, no matter how low on the totem pole he actually is. These kinds of guys may surround themselves with women, for that very reason - girls excel at putting on a show of deference and powerlessness while slyly scheming their way into power, if they so choose. This type can be a girl too, but they're more passive aggressive and coy about it.

My outlook towards my bosses is always "I'll do what you tell me to do, just treat me with respect."

A lot of the guys I work with are cool dudes, but they have their limits. I've realized 90%+ of guys are white knights, and will instinctively side with girls in any dispute. The remaining 9% are guys who just don't give a shit either way, and couldn't be bothered to show concern for anyone else. So you're left with the 1% who might be your ally.

And, plenty of people worship authority, to the point where they drop all standards of right and wrong when it involves a boss and a subordinate. They just become automatons, saying, "well he's the boss."

Almost Got Fired Today!

This reminds me of my work place as well. I'm a confident and relaxed. Non-agressive in my demeanor yet i still get continuous shit for "the tone of my voice" (what ever the fuck that is supposed to mean) or that I'm intimidating.
This is usually from the insecure males and insecure over the hill land beasts who's sexual market value is negative 10 (They'll turn a straight man gay).

On a side note: Anyone ever notice how a "bigger girl" can get away with showing massive cleavage in an office environment, but HR will have a "talk" with you concerning a rumor about something that took place on your own personal time away from co-workers.

Almost Got Fired Today!

Just pulled the trigger today. Sent my resignation to HR and skipped the rest. They will get it Monday. Since they weren't in the loop, they will be surprised. The company got careless and pulled an illegal move. This will give me some bargaining power, as they will want my side of the story before processing my resignation. Worse case I'll be in the DR next week.

Almost Got Fired Today!

Quote: (04-21-2012 02:32 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Just pulled the trigger today. Sent my resignation to HR and skipped the rest. They will get it Monday. Since they weren't in the loop, they will be surprised. The company got careless and pulled an illegal move. This will give me some bargaining power, as they will want my side of the story before processing my resignation. Worse case I'll be in the DR next week.

Looks like they fucked with wrong Marine.

Almost Got Fired Today!

You'll be in the DR next week? That's sounds fucking horrible man! [Image: banana.gif]

I'm a big believer in when one door closes, another opens. I'm sure you will end up in a much better situation shortly. But before you take a new job, get us some stories from the DR!

Almost Got Fired Today!

^^^ Shit man, I was getting ready to hit the Phils first being 2/3 the way there, but I gotta head back to the states for 3 days and get my shit straight. The DR is close and just as cheap, the only difference is LBFM's vs. TBFM's. Need to compare it to El Salvador. After 2-4 weeks there I'll head to Sao Paulo for a month to scope out the job market. If it turns bad, then back to the ME for testing. Got a lot of studying to do, and things to think about. I can't do that here. Too many distractions, obviously.

Will be applying to some Aussie jobs soon, as the visa can take 3 months, so I'll have time to weigh out all options beforehand. Don't worry gents, I always land on my feet. Not always gracefully, but still........

Almost Got Fired Today!

I just fired a rat.

This cunt is been telling me what to do for long enough. His kid has a disease and my medical insurance been paying for it but he keeps talking shit. He should have shut up.

I got a really nice kid working for me that is Jewish. The guy I fired kept playing the throw the jew down the well song on the computer in my office. It's not right and I told him to stop once.

That's even the start of it.

What I did was put an add for a captain on craigslist.

So, no shit, this rat bastard comes in an hour ago and tells me he saw the ad on craigslist and it's about time I hired another captain because he's so over worked and never gets to hang out with his disease kid.

Then, he has the balls to tell me that my add on craigslist isn't gonna get me anywhere and he can use things like "ad copy" to make it better. I mean this is Honolulu craigslist not the goddamn wall street journal so shut the fuck up. He gave me a bunch of helpful pointers about how t write my craigslist ad!

I just told him "look man that add is to replace you because aren't any good at your job" in so many words. Then he starts whining about his diseased kid and his bitch wife. I have a heart.

None the less I've listened to his crap for long enough so I threw him out. He's lucky I didn't smack his gay ass around.

Aloha!

Almost Got Fired Today!

Ruh Ro Raggy! Things are getting ugly. The fucktards have regrouped and are on the offensive. Not gonna win this one. Leaving out ASAP!

Remember, Marines NEVER retreat...but sometimes we have to fallback and regroup. [Image: banana.gif]

Live to fight another day. Karma will get those who transgressed against me. I'm leaving with a clear conscience, and 40 messages in my Badoo inbox from last night. Gotta love the DR. Pussy and blue water is waiting. Time to enjoy the spoils of war.

Semper Fi,
Do or Die
Death Before Dishonor.

Almost Got Fired Today!

Have a blast in the DR bro. It's for sure a destination I want to hit in the next year or two.

Almost Got Fired Today!

Hey, check this out. I'm still employed, being put up in an apartment that costs about $6K monthly, being served food 2x daily, and have the day off. Things turned out in my favor. Who'd thunkit? [Image: Strip.gif]

Got laid by 1 chick the other night, and lined up another for tonight. All this while still getting paid.