rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What do you guys think of holographic stage performances?

By now, everyone's here has probably seen the Tupac performance at Coachella. I thought it was pretty cool. I was reading up on the technology and it looks like there is a great possibility that dead performers will soon be going on tour via hologram. I could see a lot of money being made off of this in Las Vegas where a roster of artists who have passed away could perform and entertain people nightly. What do you guys think of all this?

Also, what is the over/under how long it takes the government to start using holograms of the president?

kind of a stupid gimmick thing methinks.

[Image: tumblr_m2o1qjSU8K1rnb3kio1_500_large.jpg]

Japan has been doing this for awhile already:

Sounds like a bullshit thing to do, I think. Live artists shouldn't have to compete with dead ones for the stage, and we shouldn't be allowed to cheapen the legacy of badasses with holograms. And yeah, eventually presidents and whatnot will be able to use holograms instead of body doubles for their general lives.

I thought it was pretty cool to see 2pac.
I don't see any huge reason against it other than its kind of like the deceased artist has no say in the matter and might not have wanted it.

"Colt 45 and two zigzags, baby that's all we need" - Ronald Reagan

It was cool to see Holopac performing on stage unexpectedly with Snoop and Dre for 1 or 2 songs. But I couldnt see supporting an entire concert of someone that's dead. What's next is Digipac gonna bring groupies on stage so he can grind on them? Where do you draw the line? I'm not tryna see a hologram Pac, Biggie and Gucci Mane concert. If you weren't around to see Pac perform when he was alive, too bad you missed it. It was cool as a one time tribute thing but please let the dead rest in peace.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

I'm not paying good money to watch a cartoon.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Hopefully they can bring back Elvis, enough of this second rate chump.

Quote: (04-18-2012 10:11 PM)T and A Man Wrote:  

Hopefully they can bring back Elvis, enough of this second rate chump.

That's your opinion. Music is ENTIRELY subjective. What gives you the right who's first or second rate?

Please refrain from making such obnoxious statements.

"Colt 45 and two zigzags, baby that's all we need" - Ronald Reagan

I'm waiting for the Whitney Houston, Ronald Reagan and Alfred Hitchcock tour.

Quote: (04-18-2012 06:15 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

[Image: tumblr_m2o1qjSU8K1rnb3kio1_500_large.jpg]

I will raise you:

Well, for most people, there is no difference between reality and imagination. They think is all awesome but as someone already said, where do you draw the line?
Before you can realize you will be surrounded by holograms here, holograms there, vigilance here, vigilance there, all in the name of security.

Our freedom is at stake.

i guess none of you have ever been to president's hall in disney world

It was nice, the first time I saw it was during an interview about US 2008 elections. Since then, the novelty has largely worn off although I still think it's a promising technology.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Have you seen the Coachella lineup for next year?

[Image: 2WzCr.jpg]

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?