rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is there any truth to Astrology and Compatibilty?

I like to think of myself as a rational thinker. But the more I read some of these Tweets from @XStrology the more I wonder if there is any scientific proof or coorealation between the time of the year you were born, your personality type and who you're compatible with.

I'm an Aries and most of the things I read are me to a T. It's unbelievable. Most of the girls I'm attracted to end up being Geminis and Leos. Their personality descriptions are also dead on.

How do you guys feel about this subject?

Team Nachos

I think these things are so generalized that you will always "relate" to whatever its said to you about your astrological sign. Theres no way you can find scientific proof to these stuff.

Personally I don't believe on this, but I guess it can be entertaining to read.

No.

It's basic cold reading. Here, i'll do your astroparapsychpatological profile:

"You appear confident and self assured, but deep down, sometimes you feel that it's not completely true. There are times when you feel that you are not good enough, but put on a brave face. You can quickly establish a connection with people, but there are times when you would just rather be alone with your thoughts. You are a loving person and care deeply for your family and loved ones, but you can be hard to worm up to someone. But once you get to know them and see them for who they really are, you can really open up to someone"

This is just off the top of my head, and it's probably not very good, but it can be said for just about anyone. Scientifically speaking, the position of the midwife and her relative distance from you during the birth has more of an effect than the position of Pluto.

Balkan Power Individual™

Go look at the things posted about your sign and tell me if it describes you or people you know.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=we...hYomeXRGaQ

Team Nachos

There's no evidence for it despite numerous scientific attempts at detecting an effect, it violates the known laws of physics, and there are proven psychological phenomena like confirmation bias that much better explain why some people seem to think that horoscopes can give them useful information. It's bullshit, you might as well believe that the Earth is flat.

Chicks eat this shit up though. I wish I could suspend disbelief long enough to get through an entire astrological cold-read with a straight face.

Quote: (04-17-2012 10:33 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Go look at the things posted about your sign and tell me if it describes you or people you know.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=we...hYomeXRGaQ

The first 4 all describe me. It's cold-reading dude.

I totally agree with the stuff, Scorpio girls are amazing in bed and Sagittarius girls are sluts.

Is that BETA of me?

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Truisms can be applied to anyone. A self-centered person feel the world revolves around them, they make that vague remark unique to them. Girl's mind does all the work in a cold read, tbh.

So to answer OP's question: Nope not at all.

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

Astrology is an excellent tool for the seduction process. I don't use it as an opener, but it's very good for building an intellectual connection and developing sexual tension after you've broken the ice. After talking to a woman for a few minutes, I ask her "what's your sign?" and then, no matter what her response, I say "interesting" and pause for a few seconds to let the hamster wheel run. I'm conversant enough in astrology that I can almost always tell her something about herself either that she didn't know, or that I would have no other reason to know. Whatever you think about the scientific basis for it, I've been using it very successfully to pull for many years. It works, and women love it.

Like others have said, it's cold reading.

I do dig the Chinese zodiac though. My year actually corresponds very well with my personality, the Dragon. That said, I think that's just happenstance; not everyone my age is a 'Dragon.' What I like about the Chinese zodiac is that it forces you to choose, it's not simply truisms that can apply equally to anyone. It's interesting as a way of grouping people into 'types,' rather like The Art of Seduction.

Anyone got a comprehensive, simple resource on astrology for use in macking girls?

Of course not. Because first off, constellations(which these astro signs are based off) are nothing more than constructs of the human imagination. The constellation Taurus for example is supposed to be a bull. But the stars that make that constellation are in no way bound to each other, they just appear that way from our particular location. So how could these unrelated stars have any more significance than any other cluster of stars? How could these stars influence our lives and personalities? Makes no sense at any level. It's chic crack so if a girl brings it up, I'll play along, but in the back of mind I'm thinking about how damn gullible she is.

I have no problem with guys using astrology for gaming purposes and to create rapport, like palmistry or any of that other bullshit. I just don't see how anyone could actually believe in it.

When girls start talking about astrology, I readily tell them they are full of shit. Of course they don't like it, but it hasn't ever cost me a notch. Just steer the conversation in a different direction, i.e. - "I believe in things that are real, that I can see, that's why I like photography so much, as this one time blah blah blah *travel story * blah blah *have you ever been anywhere like that?* ...."
I have a low tolerance for incredibly stupid things that some chicks like, so I will be straightforward when they spew BS, and steer the conversation in a different way, and done right, it results in control and respect.

Ohh you're a Libra? I'm an Aries. You and I are supposed to be mortal enemies. We'd never work out. The sex would be amazing though [Image: wink.gif] [Image: lol.gif]

Brush up on your Astrology fellas.

Team Nachos

Quote: (04-18-2012 01:01 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

I do dig the Chinese zodiac though. My year actually corresponds very well with my personality, the Dragon. That said, I think that's just happenstance; not everyone my age is a 'Dragon.' What I like about the Chinese zodiac is that it forces you to choose, it's not simply truisms that can apply equally to anyone. It's interesting as a way of grouping people into 'types,' rather like The Art of Seduction.

Anyone got a comprehensive, simple resource on astrology for use in macking girls?
http://www.thesl.com/birthdays/

Quote: (04-18-2012 08:49 AM)houston Wrote:  

Quote: (04-18-2012 01:01 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

http://www.thesl.com/birthdays/

hahaha the link to this site says I was born on the day of arousal [Image: whip.gif]

We did a few threads on this..

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-7527-page-3.html

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-6749.html

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-1684.html

Yes Astrology is very real, and compatibility using Astrology is legit. It just so happens that no one on this entire forum besides myself knows how to use it or even explain it properly. Being serious, not trolling here

Quote: (09-05-2017 11:54 PM)Everest33 Wrote:  

Yes Astrology is very real, and compatibility using Astrology is legit. It just so happens that no one on this entire forum besides myself knows how to use it or even explain it properly. Being serious, not trolling here

[Image: 2745079.jpg]

You're not the only one who posts on this forum who uses and is versed in Astrology.

Maybe if you used the search function more effectively, you would have revived the more serious discussions that reside in the Deep Forum. Being serious, not trolling here.

Quote: (09-05-2017 11:54 PM)Everest33 Wrote:  

[Image: lolwtf.gif]

My sign was completely different than my personality.

The way I look at it is this:

We all know Sun leaves effects on human body in psyche, we all know circadian rhythms are real and you feel different at night and day, and that sleeping during day is not as good as sleeping during night.

We all know Moon causes shifts into human moods, people are more easily irritable during full moon, some have trouble sleeping under full moon and so on. It certainly affects some animal behavior. It affects all liquids on earth so obviously it affects both external waters in seas causing ebbs and flows and also should affect internal liquids in human body human skin is not some miracle gravity canceling zone.

In a similar but less powerful manner could also other solar system objects cause some effect on humans and our minds and bodies. We don't feel it however, but I wonder is it because we live in modern artificial world full with artificial lights, noises and distractions? We all know ancient people were obsessed with making megaliths and various other structures studying astronomy and the sky. I wonder why did they do it? Obviously they knew the sky and it was important for them somehow. Astrology is very ancient and comes from stone ages, just like these structures. I believe it could well be that these people living very close to nature felt the vague effects gravity and radiation of other planets leave on humans. But probably for modern humans the influence of artificial things we have created, radiation from our technological devices, noises, ultrasounds and infrasounds our machines make are too strong and influance us much stronger leaving the voices of stars relatively silent in the cacophony on influances we get from artificial lights, computer screen lights, radiation emitted by phones and phone towers, magnetic fields from electrical nets, media, education, processed foods, street noises, chemicals in water etc. My guess is that modern life overrides all the effects distant stars have on as, but I don't know for sure.

Anybody ever done his natal chart? Regarding astrology and similar, Croatia has one of the best if not the best expert in Europe, probably one of the best in world. He charges hundreds of dollars for his charts, usually to companies around the world who want to know how will they grow through time. Difference between him and others is that he uses 22 constellations instead of regular 12 and uses 170 planets for chart construction.

Quote: (09-06-2017 06:07 AM)sterling_archer Wrote:  

Anybody ever done his natal chart?...

Yes, I used to believe in this stuff 20 years ago when I was going through a brief "spiritual" phase. I used an online tool for the chart and a lot of reading online and - primarily, since the Internet was still a little lighter on content in the late 90s - many trips to the astrology section at the local library for the (several) actual interpretations.
Almost everything quite accurately and mostly flatteringly described how I viewed myself and my personality.
I'm sure ten thousand people with very different personalities would have felt exactly the same.

Suspended for an Astrology post. Amazing. Anyways, the problem with trying to use Western Astrology for compatibility is that Western Astrology is not all that accurate. Chinese Astrology is far superior to Western. Numerology is the most accurate, followed by Chinese. And Western a distant third

I second Everest. In my expirence Western Astrology is just cold reading or straight up guessing. The Chinese zodiac is far more accurate. Also, I've experimented with the I-ching and i have had some spooky accurate results.