rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Early Game

Early Game

Gents,

I bought Roosh's collection of books a couple of days ago and went out tonight for the first time applying his techniques for the approach.

I've got 30+ notches, but all have been through social networking or online dating. I basically have never gone up to a girl before in a bar and said "Hey". My rapport-building skills are very good though, and I have no issue with escalating and circumventing LMR.

Before going out I prepared a crib sheet of notes from Roosh's Bang. Wrote down the two openers, plus some stuff to boost my state when it would enter its eventual nadir.

I'm located in Upstate NY, and the bar scene is only really happening on the weekends. I dress up in a Zegna sports coat with pocket square and a collared, cuff-linked shirt with tight jeans. Basically riding dolo in a quasi suit, but I like it, and fuck anyone who thinks otherwise.

Go to a high-end Mexican place, see a two-set trying to order drinks. I automatically go up and ask, "So what's good here to drink?". Obviously she says margaritas, and I talk to her about that. Her girlfriend is really amused that I went up and talked to them, but the girl eventually turns away. Approach #1 a bust.

My wingman shows up. I'm going to try to get him on this forum because he needs to do field reports and get motivated (hey D). He and I stand around like douches, and eventually I lose momentum. There is a hot girl in a revealing dress celebrating her birthday with her friends, so I saunter up to the bar and pretend I'm ordering a drink. She turns around and looks at me and I say "So, who's celebrating their birthday?". She looks me up and down and then turns away. Oh well. The girl to the other side of me hits me and I make a joke about watching my personal space, but I don't think she heard me because she kind of ignores me and continues speaking with her friend. #2 and #3, both busts.

My wing and I eventually leave. We head to one bar packed with meatheads and quickly leave to rendezvous with another PUA friend who has no qualms about approaching. We go to a quiet bar, which is mostly dead. I talk to the help to get my state up, then I see two girls (early 30s) just chilling out on the bar. The one excuses herself to the bathroom, thus I approach the other and say Roosh's line: "Hey, you look like you're having the most fun of anyone in here". I say it in a deep tone while locking her gaze, trying to exude sarcasm but it comes across as a rehearsed line. She kind of looks at me like I just said something weird, asks why, so I continue: "I thought I was having the most fun here, but then I saw you." She doesn't really take to the line, but starts talking to me anyway. I'm sure if you ask her right now what I said for the opening line, she wouldn't have a fucking clue.

Her friend shows up, and we engage in a three-way conversation. I'm doing cocky/funny with a huge touch of asshole for 20+ minutes, and the friend is licking it up. My wing left with the other guy to hit on girls, then shows up. He wants to go, so I leave without getting the one girl's number. She actually gives me the puppy-dog look when I leave.

We head back to the bar we were originally at that night (the Mexican one). It's dead, so my wing and the other guy leaves. I stay around and finish my Tequila while sitting at the bar. A random girl walks up right next to me to order. I turn to her and say "Excuse me, but you're encroaching on my space". She turns to me and says "Do you have a problem with a cute girl encroaching on your space?", to which I reply "Did you just call yourself cute?". She automatically grabs my hand and says "I like him, he's cute". I try to get the Vibe going with playing cocky/funny, which the girl on the bar (she looks like Katie Holmes, probably 21) is just eating up. Her girlfriend, though, is very sensitive to my sarcasm, because it reminds her of her ex. The girlfriend eventually storms off, but the one I hit on stays. We flirt some more, but I remain mysterious and don't answer her questions. I'm holding her hand and stroking her while we banter. All is well, but then the bereaved friend starts cockblocking me from afar with texts accusing her girlfriend of abandoning her. The girl at the bar eventually decides to leave, so I number close.

That was my first night out. Feedback is welcome.

Early Game

Biggest piece of feedback I'd have is to go for the pull earlier. You're probably over-estimating what it takes to take a girl home. Girls are sexual creatures, just like you.

If a girl was giving you the puppy dog eyes, instead of leaving you should have pulled her close and asked if she wanted to leave with you right then and there. Even if she said no, you would establish a highly sexual frame. Even if she said no, chances are attraction would increase and the vibe would get even more sexual. You could hang for a few minutes, ask her again.

Just as you'd readily go home with a girl you just met if she's hot, girls sometimes will do that too. Put the offer on the table. Being "cocky funny" can be a way of shielding yourself from taking the risk of making a sexual offer. You looked cooler when you did it, but at the end of the day you go home to your bottle of KY gel. Instead, make the offer. Maybe you only have a 30% chance of getting the pull and 70% chance of looking like a dumbass. It's still better than walking away.

Same thing with the girl who said "I like him, he's cute." That's my cute to get close, escalate, escalate and ask her to get out of here. That happens within 5-10 minutes. Again, she'll probably say no. But again, it increases attraction because of the ballsyness and increases sexual tension. It's much more powerful than cocky / funny, which is in a way shielding yourself from risk.

But, good job on your first night out =)

16 Countries in Under 2 Years and Counting - How I Fund My Travels: http://www.EarnOnTheRoad.com