rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Make It Count: Around The World In 10 Days

A very interesting vid I just saw. Nike asked this guy to make a movie about what it means to "make it count". He took the cash and went on an around the world trip with a friend instead, stopping when he ran out of money (took about 10 days). He released it two days ago, and it's going viral now.

It is a pretty well done film, definitely worth checking out.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

I watched it, it was well done. Good selection of quotes. Must have spent most of that 10 days in the air though.

It doesn't look like he got any flags.

Quote: (04-11-2012 07:07 PM)trey Wrote:  

I watched it, it was well done. Good selection of quotes. Must have spent most of that 10 days in the air though.

The quotes are excellent, and his video was definitely money well spent for Nike's campaign. I'm sure their execs feel the same way.

Cool video. It kind of has a Kony 2012 douchey feel to it though.

I liked it, cool quotes, well shot, well edited.

I would have invited those hot girls from the beach on the rest of my travels.

mile high threesome #makeitcount

Borrrring... The beach is the only catchy part. Tons of people have travel pics and videos, but this guy probably was in the right place at the right time to get paid.

I thought it would have more "girls on the beach" shots

Quote: (04-11-2012 10:09 PM)Freedom Wrote:  

Borrrring...

Not for them!

Nice video but somehow i don't think he just "took" Nikes money and spent it. It part of the well marketed story. It probably costs the same as my 2.8 year round the world trip.
If this is planned way ahead and all the tickets where bought far in advance than it wouldn't match the story of him just taking the cash and spending it.

No girls in the video except the ones on the beach, he probably didn't have time for that either. The guy has a really irritating face, i would probably walk away from him after one minute of talking.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

I always hate it when people say that they went on a round the world trip and just take an airplane to 5 or 6 cities/countries in different parts of the world.
I met people on a "around the worldtrip" of 3 months like this : London - signapore - sidney - buenos aires - Rio de janerio - New York - London.
All by airplane with hotel taxi's waiting for them.

That not an "around the world trip", THIS is an around the world trip :
42 countries
[attachment=5712]

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

What's with all the negativity around here at the moment whenever someone posts something cool. I don't really care about the guys face or how many girls he fucked but he still made a cool video and it's even cooler if he took Nikes money and just went on a mad trip but I'd say it's probably a stunt. Nicely done either way. Would be exhausting going 'round the world' in 10 days though.

Quote:Quote:

always hate it when people say that they went on a round the world trip and just take an airplane to 5 or 6 cities/countries in different parts of the world.

I know what you mean but technically a lot of them did traverse around the globe so it can be called a round the world trip. I know a guy who always goes on about his round the world trip as if it was some big epic adventure and I found out recently he was only away from home for 15 days!

Hey Neil how did you create a custom map like that?

Nice movie and all but there is no way he just took Nike's money and went off, that is just marketing hype. That video was conceived by a group of marketing guys who decided every detai from which countries he was to visit and what sights he was to film on the trip. Nothing is left to chance these days.

As for the trip itself: sure it's not a true RTW in the sense that most of us would consider legit however it was still a cool trip visiting some interesting places. I'd happily book a RTW ticket and do such a trip but would just extend it by say a week to 21 days. I'd do something along the lines of London-Moscow-Goa-Hong Kong-Tokyo-Rio-L.A-NYC-London. Do it with a good mate and have a blast.

Nicely done video, but it's definitely a marketing thing. Ironically enough, it's just about the opposite of "making it count." Seeing that many places in that short of a time is basically just checking boxes. It's enough time to take some nice pictures, but that's not about an experience; that's about having pictures to put up on Facebook and being able to say that you've been somewhere.

How much do you think that whole thing cost? $50k? Give me $50k and 10 days I probably wouldn't go to more than one place, but I'd work that one place for everything it had to offer.

Quote: (04-12-2012 07:47 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Hey Neil how did you create a custom map like that?

Before i had my english website i had a dutch one. I used it straight from the start as a travel blog. The website is Dutch and uses the same theme for everybody. The google map comes with it.

Here's the free website : http://www.reislogger.nl/

Here's a good example of a map since i took my blog down a few weeks ago ( too much privacy risks) : http://susanneenkoen.reislogger.nl/kaart/

The google map connects the places you have been/ filled in to the system and measures traveled km's/miles

When i came home i had traveled about 120000 kilometers, mostly by land

The site is only in Dutch but i can help you out with setting up a bogus account to get a nice map. its quite easy to do.

Quote: (04-12-2012 09:03 AM)j r Wrote:  

Nicely done video, but it's definitely a marketing thing. Ironically enough, it's just about the opposite of "making it count." Seeing that many places in that short of a time is basically just checking boxes. It's enough time to take some nice pictures, but that's not about an experience; that's about having pictures to put up on Facebook and being able to say that you've been somewhere.

How much do you think that whole thing cost? $50k? Give me $50k and 10 days I probably wouldn't go to more than one place, but I'd work that one place for everything it had to offer.

I paid less than 50K US for my 2.8 year trip seeing 42 countries and banging dozens of girls and capturing 25 flags in the process. I've had a hell of a lot more fun for this guy, thats for sure.

Quote: (04-12-2012 09:12 AM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

I paid less than 50K US for my 2.8 year trip seeing 42 countries and banging dozens of girls and capturing 25 flags in the process. I've had a hell of a lot more fun for this guy, thats for sure.

Why so much hate? Just because you banged some girls you had "a hell of a lot more fun" than he did? How could you possibly decide how much fun he had in a 4 minute edited video

Quote: (04-12-2012 06:21 AM)AlphaTravel Wrote:  

What's with all the negativity around here at the moment whenever someone posts something cool. I don't really care about the guys face or how many girls he fucked but he still made a cool video and it's even cooler if he took Nikes money and just went on a mad trip but I'd say it's probably a stunt. Nicely done either way. Would be exhausting going 'round the world' in 10 days though.

If you post a video about traveling the world in a forum full of international players, criticism should be expected. Just like if someone posts a video about getting swoll on bodybuilding forums, dude better be ripped by the end.

I don't think anyone is denying his skills in video production. Overall I thought it was pretty cool.

I really don't care if world travel becomes more mainstream or if corporations adopt it for marketing schemes. It will always beat sitting at home waiting to die.

Is that Vincent Gallo's long lost brother??

[Image: attachment.jpg5713]   

Quote: (04-12-2012 09:03 AM)j r Wrote:  

You can book RTW tickets like the itinerary I posted for anything between £850 to £1500. Then the rest depends on how much you want to spend on beer,clubs,food and accommodation.

Quote: (04-12-2012 09:12 AM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

No doubt Neil. However this guys aims were different. For him it was work and getting paid by a corporation to fly around the world for ten days is you must admit a pretty cool thing to do. After all your trips are not mutually exclusive and with the cash Nike paid him for making the video no doubt if he wishes to he can go on a longer trip.

Quote:Quote:

Why so much hate? Just because you banged some girls you had "a hell of a lot more fun" than he did? How could you possibly decide how much fun he had in a 4 minute edited video

Indeed. The guy got paid by Nike to make a video. He used that money to do a round the world trip in 10 days and made a very cool video that will go viral and be a great success. It'll lead to other jobs and more money. Success!

I think the trip was probably very exhausting for him and the amount of fun had was probably pretty low but that wasn't the point of it. He didn't go to have fun and bang girls. He was paid from Nike to make a video that would inspire people. He's done pretty well IMO, maybe he even banged a girl on two on route. Telling someone you're making a video for Nike has got to give you some credibility.

Quote: (04-12-2012 02:43 AM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

I always hate it when people say that they went on a round the world trip and just take an airplane to 5 or 6 cities/countries in different parts of the world.
I met people on a "around the worldtrip" of 3 months like this : London - signapore - sidney - buenos aires - Rio de janerio - New York - London.
All by airplane with hotel taxi's waiting for them.

That not an "around the world trip", THIS is an around the world trip :
42 countries

Since we're shooting down cool stuff here: What about africa?

Nice vid!