rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Great FB story

Great FB story

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1...=1&theater

Quote:Quote:

When I got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held her hand and said, I’ve got something to tell you. She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes.

Suddenly I didn’t know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know what I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the topic calmly. She didn’t seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, why?

I avoided her question. This made her angry. She threw away the chopsticks and shouted at me, you are not a man! That night, we didn’t talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer; she had lost my heart to Jane. I didn’t love her anymore. I just pitied her!

With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company. She glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. The woman who had spent ten years of her life with me had become a stranger. I felt sorry for her wasted time, resources and energy but I could not take back what I had said for I loved Jane so dearly. Finally she cried loudly in front of me, which was what I had expected to see. To me her cry was actually a kind of release. The idea of divorce which had obsessed me for several weeks seemed to be firmer and clearer now.

The next day, I came back home very late and found her writing something at the table. I didn’t have supper but went straight to sleep and fell asleep very fast because I was tired after an eventful day with Jane. When I woke up, she was still there at the table writing. I just did not care so I turned over and was asleep again.

In the morning she presented her divorce conditions: she didn’t want anything from me, but needed a month’s notice before the divorce. She requested that in that one month we both struggle to live as normal a life as possible. Her reasons were simple: our son had his exams in a month’s time and she didn’t want to disrupt him with our broken marriage.

This was agreeable to me. But she had something more, she asked me to recall how I had carried her into out bridal room on our wedding day. She requested that every day for the month’s duration I carry her out of our bedroom to the front door ever morning. I thought she was going crazy. Just to make our last days together bearable I accepted her odd request.

I told Jane about my wife’s divorce conditions. . She laughed loudly and thought it was absurd. No matter what tricks she applies, she has to face the divorce, she said scornfully.

My wife and I hadn’t had any body contact since my divorce intention was explicitly expressed. So when I carried her out on the first day, we both appeared clumsy. Our son clapped behind us, daddy is holding mommy in his arms. His words brought me a sense of pain. From the bedroom to the sitting room, then to the door, I walked over ten meters with her in my arms. She closed her eyes and said softly; don’t tell our son about the divorce. I nodded, feeling somewhat upset. I put her down outside the door. She went to wait for the bus to work. I drove alone to the office.

On the second day, both of us acted much more easily. She leaned on my chest. I could smell the fragrance of her blouse. I realized that I hadn’t looked at this woman carefully for a long time. I realized she was not young any more. There were fine wrinkles on her face, her hair was graying! Our marriage had taken its toll on her. For a minute I wondered what I had done to her.

On the fourth day, when I lifted her up, I felt a sense of intimacy returning. This was the woman who had given ten years of her life to me. On the fifth and sixth day, I realized that our sense of intimacy was growing again. I didn’t tell Jane about this. It became easier to carry her as the month slipped by. Perhaps the everyday workout made me stronger.

She was choosing what to wear one morning. She tried on quite a few dresses but could not find a suitable one. Then she sighed, all my dresses have grown bigger. I suddenly realized that she had grown so thin, that was the reason why I could carry her more easily.

Suddenly it hit me… she had buried so much pain and bitterness in her heart. Subconsciously I reached out and touched her head.

Our son came in at the moment and said, Dad, it’s time to carry mom out. To him, seeing his father carrying his mother out had become an essential part of his life. My wife gestured to our son to come closer and hugged him tightly. I turned my face away because I was afraid I might change my mind at this last minute. I then held her in my arms, walking from the bedroom, through the sitting room, to the hallway. Her hand surrounded my neck softly and naturally. I held her body tightly; it was just like our wedding day.

But her much lighter weight made me sad. On the last day, when I held her in my arms I could hardly move a step. Our son had gone to school. I held her tightly and said, I hadn’t noticed that our life lacked intimacy. I drove to office…. jumped out of the car swiftly without locking the door. I was afraid any delay would make me change my mind…I walked upstairs. Jane opened the door and I said to her, Sorry, Jane, I do not want the divorce anymore.

She looked at me, astonished, and then touched my forehead. Do you have a fever? She said. I moved her hand off my head. Sorry, Jane, I said, I won’t divorce. My marriage life was boring probably because she and I didn’t value the details of our lives, not because we didn’t love each other anymore. Now I realize that since I carried her into my home on our wedding day I am supposed to hold her until death do us apart. Jane seemed to suddenly wake up. She gave me a loud slap and then slammed the door and burst into tears. I walked downstairs and drove away. At the floral shop on the way, I ordered a bouquet of flowers for my wife. The salesgirl asked me what to write on the card. I smiled and wrote, I’ll carry you out every morning until death do us apart.

That evening I arrived home, flowers in my hands, a smile on my face, I run up stairs, only to find my wife in the bed -dead. My wife had been fighting CANCER for months and I was so busy with Jane to even notice. She knew that she would die soon and she wanted to save me from the whatever negative reaction from our son, in case we push through with the divorce.— At least, in the eyes of our son—- I’m a loving husband….

The small details of your lives are what really matter in a relationship. It is not the mansion, the car, property, the money in the bank. These create an environment conducive for happiness but cannot give happiness in themselves.

So find time to be your spouse’s friend and do those little things for each other that build intimacy. Do have a real happy marriage!

If you don’t share this, nothing will happen to you.

If you do, you just might save a marriage. Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

More proof that only fiction (or stories of dubious verity) can validate beta behavior.

Check out the people who shared it if you want a laugh as well.

Great FB story

Huh. Yeah, I've seen that piece of fiction passed around. Though not only was it my wife who initiated the divorce, there's no way in hell I could even have picked her up by that point, and that's after a good year of weight training.

Great FB story

Until I read your comments at the end I was ready to have you banned, beaten, and thrown from a moving vehicle.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Great FB story

I wonder if I'm naturally inclined find such a story stomach churning or whether it's been conditioned by hanging around Game blogs/message boards for a couple of years now.

On a tangentially related note, there also seem to be thousands of people liking/sharing those "LIKE IF U THINK SHES BEAUTIFUL!!!!!" photos of girls with weird genetic disorders like progeria and harlequin ichthyosis as well as pictures of fat "confident" women.

Is it trendy to like disgusting shit now or what

Great FB story

Quote: (04-11-2012 03:41 PM)porcupine Wrote:  

I wonder if I'm naturally inclined find such a story stomach churning or whether it's been conditioned by hanging around Game blogs/message boards for a couple of years now.

On a tangentially related note, there also seem to be thousands of people liking/sharing those "LIKE IF U THINK SHES BEAUTIFUL!!!!!" photos of girls with weird genetic disorders like progeria and harlequin ichthyosis as well as pictures of fat "confident" women.

Hahaha I love your response to this. I totally agree about that whole, "like if you think shes beautiful" shit. I mean I respect those people and stuff and I'm sure they have great personalities but... damn haha they don't look so good.

Don't give them what they expect, and you'll get from them what you never expected.

Great FB story

That's my pet peeve! I see gross ones with a chubby girl in a bikini or whatever and it has the caption "skinny girls are for wimps". That's true though you must have a lot of courage in order to go to bed with such a landwhale. And the whole picture of Marilyn Monroe(who wasn't chubby!) side-by-side with a picture of this anexoric model saying when did this become sexier than this. For one thing it never did, and for another thing you are not the same size as Marilyn Monroe your probably three times her size. Roissy already had a post about this or tweet that proved Marilyn Monroe was not overweight like the common misconception is for whatever reason.

Great FB story

That was beautiful [Image: heart.gif] I feel like trolling the hell out of it but I know we got haters watching us. Everyone needs to be careful with social sites where you can be traced.

Check out some comments left by guys. Try not to throw up on the keyboard players....i feel like im in la la land or something. Grown men are actually crying over this stupid shit.

Erick Carpenter Yep... sometimes we focus so hard on ourselves, that we don't see what is happening around us.. Lynda often asks me if she shows me enough love.. and my response...

Every morning you wake next to me, and every night when you close your eyes next to me, and every moment in between... I get to see that love and relish every moment of it... One lucky guy

Brandon GreatestEva Carlson
omg, must read... simply amazing

Robert Cathey WOW Tabby! thats a story to remember.... WOW!

Jonathan Reburn This was a really good thing to read
Tuesday at 11:57pm
Verena Anderson True....I so cried
Tuesday at 11:58pm
Jonathan Reburn I about did I had to recollect.

Scott McCain uh, hello? this needs a disclaimer of sorts ... "do not read at work, with anyone around, etc." [Image: smile.gif]

Andrew Gray WOW

Kyle Wheelerposted toMiranda Ellis
I will try to do a better job at giving you time too ♥

Aaron Alverson Heart touching story... this is why commitment is so important to practice in marriage because there can be times of feeling unloved or growing apart... a commitment says "I will continue to show love even when it is difficult for me!"... because Christ loved us even when we turn away from Him.
Tuesday at 11:02pm

Brandon Macho Jr Mcphatter This was deep mane I like ......

Gabriel Nguyen
Wow this story tore my heart apart........if you lack a heart you will have it at the end of this story please take a moment to read this.........

Eden Esposito
That made my heart feel like it was on fire... Even tho i dont have a dad. I realise how your mind can change about things so fast... Sometimes its a good thing, and sometimes its bad.. Now knowing how hard it was for my mom at times.. I wish everybody could get along! When you get married, arnt you suppost to stay together! Stay comitted??? Matt i know how you feel and im here for you if you need or just want to talk.
Tuesday at 8:22pm

Matthew Gregory
This totally made me cry,
i cannot wait to find someone to love till the end.
Tuesday at 4:14pm ·

Ken Hahn
This is something i hope to avoid because i want the special someone in my life to know that i love her always and that i will carry her whenever she needs me. This story rings of how when you do not know your other half as well as you think, disastrous things can happen. It is also truly inspirational story because it shows how reality can slowly open one's eyes to the love that should be there always

Charles McGough
this will make sence and make you cry
Monday at 11:44pm ·

Charles Lewis
way good story for the marriages that are hurting....wow!!

Randy Cauley
I became aware of something from reading this. No matter how involved we may get with things in our day to day lives (not nessasarily another woman of course), always take time for one another and let nothing....NOTHING...fog your memory, your thoughts, or your heart of the love of your life. She's not just my wife, as I have told her many times...she's my best friend too. Till death do us part.

Mike Reep That will put a tear in ur eye
Monday at 10:50pm
James Berry That is powerful...
Monday at 11:17pm

Ronnie Ussery
ok made me think and yes cry
Monday at 9:50pm ·

Kris Bartlett Darn it. I get sucked into reading that every time I see it, & every time I read it I cry. Darn it.
Monday at 11:34pm

Chris Moe
Have your hankies ready but read this.

Randi Altman
This story moved me to tears and sharing

Barbara Pearson This is the second time I've seen this posted. At the risk of being the one that pukes in the punchbowl, I call shennanigans. I think this was written by a woman who is both romantic at heart and bitter enough she hopes her husband's life will be meaningless without her. How many people don't notice someone who is dying right in front of them?
Monday at 8:23pm

Wes Housman very random, but I watched a youtube portrayal of this last night that was incredibly sobering... Seeing it play out in video makes it more real...

Austin Jaymee Bahr This made me cry, then I read it to Austin and tried not to crack while reading it. This is so true!!

John E Carr
This story had me wiping tears from this old mans eyes. Mary and I have been married for 49 years, and I love more than the day we were married.John E Carr

Tammy L Roberts My husband notices everything about me everyday. Too bad all men can't be that way. I love you Raymond

Ken Smith This touched me in many ways...sniff sniff [Image: sad.gif]
April 8 at 11:43pm

Chris Grau
To all who have endured divorce in some way... ALWAYS love like today might be your last and try to treat your spouse how you would want to be treated!!

Ron Arnott Wow, I almost didn't read this. Very powerful.

Wade Nettles
I love my wife. I tell her often, but even if I didn't, I try to show her daily how much she means to me. I have my moments where I am not the husband I want to be but God is working in/on me daily and the more I am with Him, the more I seem to love my beautiful bride.
April 8 at 5:53pm ·

Great FB story

Haha you can always count on Houston or Tuth to analyze or break things in the most funny (and true) way possible. [Image: banana.gif]

Great FB story

Quote: (04-12-2012 09:41 PM)alphaspiraton Wrote:  

Haha you can always count on Houston or Tuth to analyze or break things in the most funny (and true) way possible. [Image: banana.gif]
Tuth has taught me well [Image: icon_worship.gif]

But seriously. These guys need to man up lol. Crying over a damn story geez. I can only imagine what they would do if they got in a fight and roughed up.

Great FB story

It's only ok for a man to cry about a story if it is about a dog dying or sports.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Great FB story

Quote: (04-13-2012 01:07 AM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

It's only ok for a man to cry about a story if it is about a dog dying or sports.

Haha - that's the truth right there