rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Google Oneself

Google Oneself

So I googled myself for the first time. Interesting if you haven't done it before. What I found was about 50% facebook, 40% family stuff (relatives, public records on where I lived), but the most interesting thing is public records. I got a DWI last spring break and had a few links to my county records on court dates. Wasn't really trippin off that. Lizards wont get my real name and future jobs will do background checks regardless. The facebook links don't really matter neither. Since employers and the gov't are starting to look at that, I don't post stupid pictures, political post, or illegal activities.

My name is pretty unique so it's easy to google me. I think there was one other with my exact name. Only had one link though. I'm the only one on facebook.

Players on the forum. Have you googled yourself? Find anything crazy? Speak on it.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Google Oneself

deleted

Google Oneself

Since my gaming clan disbanded several years ago, I no longer exist on the internet.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Google Oneself

My name popped up everywhere, even on old company newsletters from 15 years ago. my father who I was named after also popped up in several places and he died in '85

Google Oneself

I must be lucky, because I have the exact same name as a famous scientist, so nothing came up about me. I went through the first three google pages and it was all on the other guy.

Google Oneself

OP, did you put your name in quotation marks? That's the best way to do it.

I've done mine before and I get nothing from me. Bu there's a bank robber in Texas with my name though. That's a DHV for the lizards.

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

Google Oneself

There used to be a lot more about me on Google's first few pages, until some dumbass a few states over with the same name was charged with sexual assault. Since then most things personally identifiable to me have been pushed back a fair number of pages.

There are a few things to be found about myself via Google, nothing damaging though. Photography submitted to picture sites, a few articles published online - some I was paid for, some I did for free.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Google Oneself

My name came up with nothing. Fortunately, I have an extremely common name - not to mention I always use fake ones online for just about anything. Even social media accounts are under "nicknames." Highly recommended.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Google Oneself

One of my relatives googled me and told mom that I own a shipping container business which I did years ago and she asked me why is it on there. Then she said I should call the internet and tell them to take it off.

Google Oneself

Quote: (04-08-2012 12:13 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

One of my relatives googled me and told mom that I own a shipping container business which I did years ago and she asked me why is it on there. Then she said I should call the internet and tell them to take it off.

lol call the internet

Google Oneself

Not much comes up when I google mine, which could be good or bad. I have to be very careful since I am likely the only person in the world with my first and last name combo and spelling. Can't deny anything and say it's another Mr So Andso.

As an aside: Publicists who can't get major work should hire themselves out to regular shmoes and create a compelling internet presence for them. Nice little business opportunity there I think.

Google Oneself

My name is really unique and the first page of search results covers international work, press releases, news stories that I've been in. Its a great asset as most of the time if a girl takes the time to google me the response is "wtf, who are you?!" especially if I've met them in a street, grocery store or happy hour setting.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Google Oneself

Brings up a rather famous Scottish singer. Guess it could be a lot worse.

Google Oneself

There are a lot of people with both my first name and last name. Add a couple of celebrities with my last name and I don't think any girl would have enough an attention span to sift through all the Google pages needed for find me.

Not even I have enough patience to do so.

Google Oneself

I used to do cyber investigation. You'd be amazed of what stuff can be dug on the Internet. Things you did 10 years ago can be found, lots of things you totally forgot yourself.

Employers are now looking into FaceBook and such before hiring you. So be careful if you apply to a bank, you need to take down your party pictures and politically incorrect statements...

Google Oneself

Quote:Quote:

Then she said I should call the internet and tell them to take it off.

"I'm going to fax you the paper but fax it back to me because it's my only copy." - My Mom

Google Oneself

I've got about 3 pages of L.A. based press, all cooking related.

Going on T.V. next year. You'll see [Image: wink.gif]

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Google Oneself

I googled myself. Turns out Someone with the same name is currently in charge of an African country, so that means there are loads of pages about this guy. When I get some free time, I will read into it this more. But it looks like I'm fairly safe from being read up on all but the most hardcore.

Google Oneself

My first name is quite popular here in the USA and my last name is one of the top 3 most common in another large country.
I don't think anyone is going to sift through thousands of pages on Google to find my Facebook or the high school newsletter where I was listed in the National Honor Society.

Google Oneself

One of the guys with my name is (probably) a gay male model. The first couple of pages of google images is littered with head shots/model images. Other than that there's a few lawyers so I guess I'm safe.

Google Oneself

Funnily enough, there are pages of irrelevant information and empty profiles with people bearing the same name as me.

I wonder how that happened.