rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

best smart phones for traveling in Turkey and SE Europe

If this is an abuse of the forum I apologize right now and won't be upset at all if the thread gets deleted, though please don't ban me.

That being said, I'm having a really frustrating time trying to figure out what is a good smart phone to buy for travel in SE Europe and Turkey. The websites I do find are infuriatingly vague on what you need to look for in a smart phone for travel.

Basically, I'm looking for a smart phone that I can pop a new SIM card in no matter which country that I am in and be confident that the phone will work. I really don't care about iPhone vs. Android. I would prefer the phone be on the cheap side so that I don't get upset if I lose it or it gets stolen. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

IPhone does its job abroad.Tablets are also quite useful during long travels.

My droid 2 global works in fine in every country i have been to. Just put in a new sim card an turn it on an everything works just as it did in the USA

I feel pretty sure that iphones work just as well.... but my motto is "FUCK APPLE"

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

HTC Desire HD has worked in every country I've been to without a problem.......BUT if you are staying in Turkey for more than one month then I believe you will have to register it with the government or it will stop working after that time

Man, wish I didn't have an HTC Incredible back home. POS doesn't have a sim card so I got some cheap ass phone here in Bangkok.

Depends on how cheap you want it to be. It could be an older iPhone or cheap low end Android. Depends on your PRICE POINT!

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.
- Garry Kasparov | ‏@Kasparov63