rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Africa vs Asia

Africa vs Asia

I am trying to compare Asia (e.g. SE Asia) to Africa (West Africa) but I see no threads discussing this whatsoever. The reason I am specifying SE in Asia or West in Africa is because that's where most data sheets seem to be from. There is not much intel on the rest of Africa or Asia.

For a guy that tries to avoids pros or semi-pros, how would you compare them?

Would Asia or Africa require more of a social circle and/or effort for the best results with non-pros?

Would life in general be a bit safer and more comfortable in Asia than in Africa? i.e. food poisoning wise, crime wise, etc..

I imagine there are better and worse countries on both continents. Somalians with their tribal BS (meeting their relatives, etc.) may be more of a pain in the ass than China, whereas Vietnamese may be more of a pain in the ass to lay than Ugandans but what about in general?

Africa vs Asia

So, I haven't actually been to Africa. But I spent over 6 months in SE Asia, including Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and Bali.

First, as far as getting laid, I'd venture to say that Africa is easier. From what I understand, women will more or less chase you just from the fact that you're a foreigner. They really, really want someone to take them out of their country, so you'll more or less be chased. Note: Unverified, just what I hear.

In SE Asia, the attitude is very different. Women are either neutral towards foreigners, or guarded. They know you'll leave, they also know guys see them as a sex object. They also know foreigners look down on their culture. Few people foreigners truly try to learn Thai or Vietnamese; instead they land in the country and expect the women to speak English.

Yes, social circle would help. In Thailand, there's a social class called "HiSo" short for "High Society," very classy girls. They speak perfect English, but they're Thai. If you can get in that circle, you're golden for sure. You'll have a hard time getting into a real Asian social circle if you don't speak the language.

I'm not saying you can't pull in Asia, but I do think it's more difficult. Personal opinion; I know some tall white guys who find it super easy, so take it with a grain of salt.

As for crime, I'd say Africa is WAY WAY WAY more dangerous. SE Asia isn't really safe by any means - I got my ass beat over $.60 cents (20 baht,) and a friend of mine got surrounded by gangsters at a bar for talking to the wrong girl - But overall, SE Asia is safe enough. Africa is much more lawless and ruthless, I think.

I'll throw in one last opinion of mine, which is that moving to countries to get laid is overrated. I went to Thailand in part because people said it's easy to get laid there, then the same for Poland. I didn't think it was any easier. Right now I'm in London, which some people say is hard, but I'm going out hardcore and having some pretty great results. It's not where you are, it's what you're doing where you're doing and whether or not you're developing your social skills. So live where you want to live, rather than try to find the magical land of easy pussy.

Cheers

16 Countries in Under 2 Years and Counting - How I Fund My Travels: http://www.EarnOnTheRoad.com

Africa vs Asia

Quote: (04-01-2012 08:41 PM)DareP Wrote:  

So, I haven't actually been to Africa. But I spent over 6 months in SE Asia, including Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and Bali.

First, as far as getting laid, I'd venture to say that Africa is easier. From what I understand, women will more or less chase you just from the fact that you're a foreigner. They really, really want someone to take them out of their country, so you'll more or less be chased. Note: Unverified, just what I hear.

In SE Asia, the attitude is very different. Women are either neutral towards foreigners, or guarded. They know you'll leave, they also know guys see them as a sex object. They also know foreigners look down on their culture. Few people foreigners truly try to learn Thai or Vietnamese; instead they land in the country and expect the women to speak English.

Yes, social circle would help. In Thailand, there's a social class called "HiSo" short for "High Society," very classy girls. They speak perfect English, but they're Thai. If you can get in that circle, you're golden for sure. You'll have a hard time getting into a real Asian social circle if you don't speak the language.

I'm not saying you can't pull in Asia, but I do think it's more difficult. Personal opinion; I know some tall white guys who find it super easy, so take it with a grain of salt.

As for crime, I'd say Africa is WAY WAY WAY more dangerous. SE Asia isn't really safe by any means - I got my ass beat over $.60 cents (20 baht,) and a friend of mine got surrounded by gangsters at a bar for talking to the wrong girl - But overall, SE Asia is safe enough. Africa is much more lawless and ruthless, I think.

I'll throw in one last opinion of mine, which is that moving to countries to get laid is overrated. I went to Thailand in part because people said it's easy to get laid there, then the same for Poland. I didn't think it was any easier. Right now I'm in London, which some people say is hard, but I'm going out hardcore and having some pretty great results. It's not where you are, it's what you're doing where you're doing and whether or not you're developing your social skills. So live where you want to live, rather than try to find the magical land of easy pussy.

Cheers

Thanks for the input. You are right about the fact that there are no streets paved with pussy, at least I haven't found any yet lol. I think there is a great misconception with a lot of guys who think some countries are easy to get laid in and it comes from the fact that in some countries women are a bit more polite and listen to guy's approaches a little longer rather than snub you immediately. This does not mean the guy has any better chances with them. They will still flake out as much if not more than girls in London or wherever in the first world. AND you will have wasted your time.

Another revelation I had after traveling was how much money I actually wasted. For the amount of money I paid for accommodation, tickets, etc., etc., I could have upped my chances at home ten-fold, I could take out tons of dates and pay for them (no AFC, just if that's what I feel like), get a nicer ride, etc., etc..

Third thing I learned from traveling was that there is no magic land with 8s, 9s and 10s throwing themselves at you. 90% of the top babes in the places I've been to were as a rule always with a boyfriend or were long gone to the first world. So basically you need to have pretty much the same social status / money / good game as at home and the location does not matter whatsoever.

And no, they don't seem to give a s*?# about the fact you came from the 1st world. I think maybe the ones that did want to emigrate already did long long ago when we were little kids.

Of course this is my opinion only, from my experience.

The only reason I travel is because I currently have to. But let's not digress on this and just compare Africa to Asia.

Africa vs Asia

Definitely DO NOT go to Africa. I've been to North Africa and East Africa. Unless you're perfectly comfortable "roughing it," don't hit up sub-saharan Africa. There's practically no tourism infrastructure; lack of paved roads, plumbing, running water, electricity, etc. Everything is unpredictable and slow. Also, the cultures there are fairly conservative. Unless you're talking p4p, you likely won't have sex with a local. Even so, the poverty, germs, and the like make the idea of sex with locals quite unattractive.

SE Asia, on the other hand, is a traveler's paradise. It's one of the top places you can go as a traveler. Fantastic transportation, lodging and tourism facilities. Great organization. Africa does not have this.

Africa vs Asia

Quote: (04-01-2012 09:23 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Definitely DO NOT go to Africa. I've been to North Africa and East Africa. Unless you're perfectly comfortable "roughing it," don't hit up sub-saharan Africa. There's practically no tourism infrastructure; lack of paved roads, plumbing, running water, electricity, etc. Everything is unpredictable and slow. Also, the cultures there are fairly conservative. Unless you're talking p4p, you likely won't have sex with a local. Even so, the poverty, germs, and the like make the idea of sex with locals quite unattractive.

SE Asia, on the other hand, is a traveler's paradise. It's one of the top places you can go as a traveler. Fantastic transportation, lodging and tourism facilities. Great organization. Africa does not have this.

I am not that scared of traveling to "rough places" as long as I can get my hands on a clean bottle of water and clean food.

Safety would be another issue. I read some stories about Africa being unsafe. I wonder if countries like Nigeria or Sierra Leone allow a foreigner to carry a weapon or do they enforce limitations if there are any. Even in the "second world" where often nobody is allowed to carry, there are frigging stray dogs in the streets if you wander out into the wrong area, not to mention the possible crime.

If I go I would probably stay there for at least two weeks or longer if I like it. Probably no longer than a month per country though.

Africa vs Asia

[quote] (04-01-2012 09:53 PM)chamele0n Wrote:  

[quote='Hencredible Casanova' pid='187472' dateline='1333333386']

SE Asia, on the other hand, is a traveler's paradise. It's one of the top places you can go as a traveler. Fantastic transportation, lodging and tourism facilities. Great organization. Africa does not have this.[/quote]

The only countries I would consider visiting in West Africa would be Ghana, Senegal, and Cote d'Ivoire. Nigeria, Liberia, and Sierra Leone are a no-go. You just wouldn't enjoy yourself. Plus keep in mind the high HIV rates in many Sub-Saharan African countries. I really don't see why one would want to go for tourism/sex. I'd go for cultural reasons, but not those.

Africa vs Asia

The nightlife in South Africa is awesome and there is a big enough middle class that you can game legit girls. In other parts of Africa, either cause of the poverty, or because of conservative social customs, its rare to find a non-hooker in a bar or club. Like in Kenya most of the local chicks in bars are working.

Africa vs Asia

Quote: (04-01-2012 10:42 PM)nomadicdude Wrote:  

The nightlife in South Africa is awesome and there is a big enough middle class that you can game legit girls. In other parts of Africa, either cause of the poverty, or because of conservative social customs, its rare to find a non-hooker in a bar or club. Like in Kenya most of the local chicks in bars are working.
^What he said.

South Africa would be your best bet for chicks, but some parts are very dangerous. Also, North Africa is pretty well-connected to Europe. Low-cost airlines operate out of there. You can get a flight from Spain to Morocco for like $50. It's great. Sub-Saharan Africa doesn't have this kind of network, unfortunately. Some Sub-Saharan countries are considered among the most expensive places in the world. Chad and Botswana, utterly impoverished countries, are some of the most expensive due to transportation costs. Angola's capital, Luanda, is the most expensive city in the world. Even Asmara, the capital of Eritrea, has the world's highest gas prices. Just a few of the many reasons I wouldn't recommend going to Africa.

Africa vs Asia

South East Asia will definitely be easier to travel in than Africa. There's a massive tourist scene here, people have been coming in droves since the 60s and everything is geared towards tourists and making it easy for them.

Quote:Quote:

First, as far as getting laid, I'd venture to say that Africa is easier.

It doesn't really get much easier than getting laid in Thailand though I've never been to Africa.

For a guy that tries to avoids pros or semi-pros, how would you compare them?

Thailand has plenty of pros but you can easily avoid by going to non pro / overly touristy places.

Would Asia or Africa require more of a social circle and/or effort for the best results with non-pros?

If you pipeline before coming to SE Asia you'll be able to build up a social scene and have a load of girls ready to meet you.

In SE Asia, the attitude is very different. Women are either neutral towards foreigners, or guarded. They know you'll leave, they also know guys see them as a sex object. They also know foreigners look down on their culture.

Many women here actually like foreigners, not only the gold diggers and pros. Especially those who have lived or studied abroad, they seem to become disillusioned with local men just like we've all become with our local women.

Would life in general be a bit safer and more comfortable in Asia than in Africa? i.e. food poisoning wise, crime wise, etc..

Yes it would. SE Asia is safe and pretty comfortable. Crime against tourists isn't common here.

SE Asia is the easiest place I've ever been to get laid and I avoid pro's as best I can. I am white though not tall.

I think you're better off moving to a country you actually like not just because you think it's easy to get laid. If you like the culture, food, music, lifestyle AND the women then things will probably work out for you. Going to a shithole just because there's sex to be had doesn't appeal to me either.

Another revelation I had after traveling was how much money I actually wasted. For the amount of money I paid for accommodation, tickets, etc., etc., I could have upped my chances at home ten-fold, I could take out tons of dates and pay for them (no AFC, just if that's what I feel like), get a nicer ride, etc., etc..

Don't you enjoy travelling though? Staying at home all the time would get a bit boring regardless of how well you were doing with women. Things get stagnant. Travelling to new countries is good fun.

Third thing I learned from traveling was that there is no magic land with 8s, 9s and 10s throwing themselves at you. 90% of the top babes in the places I've been to were as a rule always with a boyfriend or were long gone to the first world. So basically you need to have pretty much the same social status / money / good game as at home and the location does not matter whatsoever.

The top tier of girls, with money, class, status etc are nearly always going to stick with the local guys in the same league. What can a foreigner really offer them? Especially when foreigners have a bad reputation in a lot of countries.

Africa vs Asia

Quote: (04-01-2012 09:23 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Hencredible, what countries in NE and E Africa do you recommend besides Morocco? I think you had a few posts somewhere but I don't remember

Africa vs Asia

SE Asia is the easiest place I've ever been to get laid and I avoid pro's as best I can. I am white though not tall.

Heh ... Yeah that might make a difference. I'm an Asian guy, so I really don't think being in Thailand helped any.

16 Countries in Under 2 Years and Counting - How I Fund My Travels: http://www.EarnOnTheRoad.com

Africa vs Asia

Quote: (04-02-2012 09:56 AM)DareP Wrote:  

Heh ... Yeah that might make a difference. I'm an Asian guy, so I really don't think being in Thailand helped any.

What's your ethnicity? Cause Koreans are hot stuff here, much more so than white guys.

Africa vs Asia

Is it really that easy to score a non-PRO in Thailand or elsewhere in SE Asia? I thought the legit non-pro girls usually didn't want to be around foreigners.

There are some girls that pretend to be legit but they are just ho's looking for money.

Africa vs Asia

What's your ethnicity? Cause Koreans are hot stuff here, much more so than white guys.

I'm half Thai half Chinese, I look Japanese. Definitely did not have the experience that I was "hot stuff" with the local girls.

Is it really that easy to score a non-PRO in Thailand or elsewhere in SE Asia? I thought the legit non-pro girls usually didn't want to be around foreigners.

That was my experience.

Africa vs Asia

Quote: (04-01-2012 08:41 PM)DareP Wrote:  

Cheers

How could you not find it easy to get laid in Thailand?, it's like going to McDonalds and not being able to get a burger.

Africa vs Asia

Quote: (04-02-2012 10:58 AM)nomadicdude Wrote:  

There are some girls that pretend to be legit but they are just ho's looking for money.

Damn right it's easy to get laid in SE Asia. I would say it's virtually impossible NOT to get laid in Indonesia for example. Frequent a cafe in Indonesia three times in a row and you will be banging the waitress without any trouble at all. I got laid a lot there to the point where it became boring because you don't need pick up skills to do so. Just being a white guy is enough,yawn. The problem with Indonesia is that the chicks are just not very attractive to me ( short,stoutly built,no fun to banter with etc. ). Indonesia is the easiest place in the world to get laid IMHO and if you just want to bang a lot of women in a short space of time then don't delay,book your ticket and go!

Africa: I've only been to Morocco and I don't find West African women in any way attractive so I can't add much to the debate but check out Naughty Nomad's blog as he has banged all over that part of the world.

Africa vs Asia

Quote: (04-01-2012 10:07 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

[quote] (04-01-2012 09:53 PM)chamele0n Wrote:  

(04-02-2012, 02:23 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  Definitely DO NOT go to Africa. I've been to North Africa and East Africa. Unless you're perfectly comfortable "roughing it," don't hit up sub-saharan Africa. There's practically no tourism infrastructure; lack of paved roads, plumbing, running water, electricity, etc. Everything is unpredictable and slow. Also, the cultures there are fairly conservative. Unless you're talking p4p, you likely won't have sex with a local. Even so, the poverty, germs, and the like make the idea of sex with locals quite unattractive.

The only countries I would consider visiting in West Africa would be Ghana, Senegal, and Cote d'Ivoire. Nigeria, Liberia, and Sierra Leone are a no-go. You just wouldn't enjoy yourself. Plus keep in mind the high HIV rates in many Sub-Saharan African countries. I really don't see why one would want to go for tourism/sex. I'd go for cultural reasons, but not those.

I assume you guys are NOT raw dogging these lizards so does it matter about the high HIV rates?

I've been talking to a few guys about Nigeria and they actually say it can be fun, it depends on what parts one goes to.

Regarding Nigeria, you may want to visit the Northern Nigerian cities such as Abuja and Kaduna (hearsay). My sources have said that the infrastructure (in the main parts) is akin to places like Canada and UK.
But I think there are hidden gems in those countries. The fact that you are non black (right?) means that you will be sought by many. Of course, the lizards you smash will hope that you wifey them and take them back to foreign but that is the formula in any developing country.
As long as you are aware of that and leverage it to your advantage, it should be surprisingly fun.

I agree with Hen that your first port of call if hitting up West Africa should be Ghana. Ghana is like the Canada of West Africa. Nice people etc. I've met a number of non Africans who have gone there and they had a nice time.

There are a few white guys on here that have actually lived in Africa and enjoyed themselves. Perhaps they can chime in on this.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Africa vs Asia

Quote: (04-02-2012 12:21 PM)DareP Wrote:  

I'm half Thai half Chinese, I look Japanese. Definitely did not have the experience that I was "hot stuff" with the local girls.

That was my experience.

Well, you're not Korean. As I said, girls here are crazy about Korean pop culture, music, style and television shows.

On a different note, how fluent is your Thai? Do you use it to game girls here?

Africa vs Asia

Well, you're not Korean. As I said, girls here are crazy about Korean pop culture, music, style and television shows.

On a different note, how fluent is your Thai? Do you use it to game girls here?

Mai Kowchai Pasa Thai Kap!

No, my Thai is miserable [Image: tongue.gif]

I'm perfectly fine not meeting girls in Thailand btw - I think it was actually good for me to realize the travel-to-meet-girls crutch was exactly that: A crutch. I'm taking game a lot more seriously now and loving every minute of it.

Africa vs Asia

Quote: (04-02-2012 12:35 PM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

How could you not find it easy to get laid in Thailand?, it's like going to McDonalds and not being able to get a burger.

Deb, which clubs did you pull from in Thailand?

Of course, pulling from Mixx, Bossy, Spasso, Insomnia, Shock39, Spicy, Qbar, etc is easy. Those places are crawling with hookers and freelancers. How many Thai male clubbers can you find in those places? Non of the those pass the Golden Rule.

How many girls did you pull from the Ratchada, Thong Lor, RCA clubs? That's where the normal middle-class Non-pro girls hang out. Foreigners on a quick visit who can pull quality normal girls there are few and far between.

Too often you hear guys who say man, Thai girls are absolutely hot for the white dick, and then find out that they pull exclusively from the 1st set of (freelancing) clubs.

Africa vs Asia

Quote: (04-02-2012 01:23 PM)the_conductor Wrote:  

Of course, pulling from Mixx, Bossy, Spasso, Insomnia, Shock39, Spicy, Qbar, etc is easy. Those places are crawling with hookers and freelancers. How many Thai male clubbers can you find in those places? Non of the those pass the Golden Rule.

How many girls did you pull from the Ratchada, Thong Lor, RCA clubs? That's where the normal middle-class Non-pro girls hang out. Foreigners on a quick visit who can pull quality normal girls there are few and far between.

Too often you hear guys who say man, Thai girls are absolutely hot for the white dick, and then find out that they pull exclusively from the 1st set of (freelancing) clubs.

Haven't been for 7 years. I spent all my times on the islands as I hate Bangkok. I was pulling everywhere, beach, bars, resorts. It depends what you call prostitution, a lot of Thai girls are happy just to be with a foreigner for some food, drinks etc, with the hope of something more.

I was riding around in Ko Phan Ngan on my moped with girls screaming at me from the bars, I would stop, have a fruit shake, then shag the waitress. Very rarely I would pay and if I did it was 750 baht plus a tip. I bet the price has quadrupled by now.

I mostly concentrated on Swedish girls, especially on Ko Phi Phi. I'm not that crazy about Thai girls, they are cute, but I can't connect with their faces.

Maybe things have changed lately

Africa vs Asia

Quote: (04-02-2012 01:36 PM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

Haven't been for 7 years. I spent all my times on the islands as I hate Bangkok. I was pulling everywhere, beach, bars, resorts. It depends what you call prostitution, a lot of Thai girls are happy just to be with a foreigner for some food, drinks etc, with the hope of something more.

I was riding around in Ko Phan Ngan on my moped with girls screaming at me from the bars, I would stop, have a fruit shake, then shag the waitress. Very rarely I would pay and if I did it was 750 baht plus a tip. I bet the price has quadrupled by now.

I mostly concentrated on Swedish girls, especially on Ko Phi Phi. I'm not that crazy about Thai girls, they are cute, but I can't connect with their faces.

Cool, man. What were your strategies for the Swedish girls on the islands?

Africa vs Asia

I guess its hard to define the difference between a ho and a regular girl in some places, esp in Southeast Asia.

Africa vs Asia

Quote: (04-02-2012 01:36 PM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

Quote: (04-02-2012 01:23 PM)the_conductor Wrote:  

The line between pros and non-pros can get very blurry in tourist areas. Thailand is still fairly conservative and the girls working with tourists are not held in high regard by middle class Thais. Being catcalled by hookers from a beer bar is no indication of "Thai girls love farangs."

And I agree with lack of Thai males in the club means a hooker joint for foreigners.

I find it interesting what DareP wrote about his experience. Him being half Thai half Chinese, a deadly combo in Thailand, not having much luck. Where did you hang out and with whom?

Africa vs Asia

Most people can't walk in to a high end club and pick up a good looking, well educated, wealthy chick that's for sure. But there's the girls that aren't rich / HiSo and aren't poor / bar girls either that can be had.

Very rarely I would pay and if I did it was 750 baht plus a tip. I bet the price has quadrupled by now.

I've been quoted 1000 to 2000 baht recently.

The line between pros and non-pros can get very blurry in tourist areas.

Indeed. I think a lot of these girls don't see themselves as hookers even though they have sex for money. And some will have sex for free if they like you enough.