rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Euro 2012: Accommodation price gouging may keep fans away

Saw this news article today

Quote:Quote:

For those seeking more comfortable conditions, prices will be biting. The rental costs for an elite Kiev apartment can reach up to 10 thousand dollars a month.

Staying at a hostel could be an alternative, but the prices of some have increased by more than ten-fold.

City administration head Aleksandr Popov says Kiev is ready for the tournament. He noted that hostel prices varied between 18 and 85 euros a night, while hotel prices were between 27 and 276 euros a night.

According to Ukrainian real estate agencies, the average rental prices for a one-room apartment in Kiev have risen from $711 in April 2010 to $742 in April 2011 and up to $879 in the same month of 2012.

With a large number of low-cost flights available, some fans may opt to take a day-long trip to Kiev and come back home.

What do you guys think the effect of a huge number of horny tourists will be on Ukraine? Anyone know if this had any effect on South Africa?

If high rent and accommodation prices keep a number of horny tourists away, then the impact might not be so great, but I fear that Ukraine and Poland will be diminished afterwards anyway.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Supply and demand.

Best time to book is a couple days before the tournament when owners are in a rush to fill up now-discounted rentals that they couldn't find suckers for.

Sort of a dupe thread: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-6503.html

yeah i've been trying to find that thread, I had seen it, but couldn't. Sorry about that.