rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Barista told me to stop bothering customers

There is this coffee shops that I have been going to on every other day for the last year. It's the number 1 rated coffee shot in the city and lots of good prospects. It's not until recently that I started using elderly chat on girls. Few days ago, while ordering my drink, the barista basically told me that he saw me approaching girls and that I should stop doing it.

I could try other coffee shops, but none is as convenient and with as many good prospects as this one in my city. This particular coffee shop is next to a college, afterall.

My question is, how do you deal with being labeled "that guy" who just comes to hit on girls? One time, a girl straight out told me: "oh! you are that guy!" There seems to be a limit on how much coffee shop game you can run at a given city before you exhaust all prospects and gain a reputation as "that guy". At least in my city, 95% of people going to coffee shop are regulars, so it's not exactly an infinite source of chicks.

This is going to be good. Take a look at this and it may answer your question..
http://www.quickmeme.com/Hipster-Barista/

Quote:Quote:

One time, a girl straight out told me: "oh! you are that guy!"

Do you understand why her saying that is bad? And why it came about?

You've been going there every day for a year... I'm surprised it took that long for you to get pegged.

Her:"Oh...you're THAT guy"
You:"You already know"

As for the guy, ignore what he says. You're a paying customer (I assume). He's a fucking hater-barista combo. Going around and being sociable and friendly comes naturally to you. If he persists, tell him you would like to speak to the manager in a calm, but stern tone. He'll probably back off. What you do is none of his business.

You may have to move on to a new spot, but I doubt it.

PARALLEL VENUES, man!

You should not be running all your game in the same place day in and day out, because yes, places like bars and coffee shops tend to accumulate a group of regulars, and you will get outed, as here.

If you're in a city of half-a-million people, there's no excuse for not having at least three coffee shops and five bars, both to meet and take girls to.

As for why this happened, two probable causes; 1) If male or the hipster equivalent of male, Hipster Barista is upset that you're moving in on his action, or 2) Someone complained.

You basically beat the living shit out of a venue and you have to let it cool off for a while. It never should have come to this, but it's going to take a few weeks of letting the soil go fallow for it to restore itself. Luckily there's a lot of turnover with these baristas.

[Image: smiley_beat_dead_horse2.gif]

How hard were you gaming? You should have just been coming across as a friendly regular who started conversations with people. It sounds like you may be more heavy-handed than this.

EDIT: You probably should have or should damage-control it by saying you're just a friendly, talkative guy. "Is being friendly against the rules here? I talk to everyone." I'm also curious what the layout is of this place. Were you gaming near the counter, within ear/eye shot?

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (03-28-2012 06:44 PM)Nonpareil Wrote:  

PARALLEL VENUES, man!

You should not be running all your game in the same place day in and day out, because yes, places like bars and coffee shops tend to accumulate a group of regulars, and you will get outed, as here.

If you're in a city of half-a-million people, there's no excuse for not having at least three coffee shops and five bars, both to meet and take girls to.

As for why this happened, two probable causes; 1) If male or the equivalent hipster version of male, Hipster Barista is upset that you're moving in on his action, or 2) Someone complained.
Good point. Hadn't thought of that. If someone you were speaking to complained, I would say get a free water and take your morning shit at this place. Buy your coffee and take your game elsewhere.

In Poland I was beating the shit out of one club. I was definitely "that guy" with the staff, but what I did was TIP BIG. I tipped everyone, though two guys who were most friendly to me got the biggest tips.

It's a habit I've kept. When I find a new I like, I single out one bartender to be "the one" and just give him a lot of money. I also have an ancillary bartender at the spot who gets a little bit of the loot too.

You can bet your bottom dollar that, if someone did complain, it wasn't a person being gamed (either a white-knight, hater-chick, or old person). Whoever that was has been monitoring you for some time, probably.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

=DELETE=

lol, so true. The barista was a hipster

Quote: (03-28-2012 07:00 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

In Poland I was beating the shit out of one club. I was definitely "that guy" with the staff, but what I did was TIP BIG. I tipped everyone, though two guys who were most friendly to me got the biggest tips.

It's a habit I've kept. When I find a new I like, I single out one bartender to be "the one" and just give him a lot of money. I also have an ancillary bartender at the spot who gets a little bit of the loot too.

Yup. At my favorite club, I regularly tip the doorman. I can skip a two-hour wait with $20.

If I buy a drink (rare), I will tip the cost of the drink for 100%. The bartenders actually started giving me free cokes or soda waters, and would single me out of a crowd of thirsty patrons.

If you find a place you like, it pays to Grease Big. Hip tip to the G manifesto for teaching that one on his blog.

To anewtypedude:

Just chill from that place for about a month or so. When you go back, be sure to leave $5 tips for baristas you see frequently. Just tip them once in awhile, but keep to yourself.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Everyone can't give you the right opinion unless they see your actual footage.

Maybe you approach girls in a friendly manner but the barista guy is just jealous.
Maybe he sees girls getting creeped out and he had to take an action to protect the business.

I have a business. If I see the guy talking to girls in a normal way, I am careless. However, if I see a girl getting very annoyed and leaving the store with unhappy face, I will definitely kick him out.

Tipping goes a far way especially for baristas. They make peanuts.

Anewtypedude, As for approaching every time, why dont you not approach one time in five for example, but make it known by being aloof and not even bothering talking to a cutie next to you. Your stereotype might not stick.

Or you can always apply there for a part time wknd gig. Makes opening that much less guarded.

I got kicked out of my mainstay bar last fall, for similar reasons.

I've greased and buddy'd up the staff at my new place, which I've beaten in (three days a week). This a meat-market, and they known I'm a player.

It's gotten to the point now that the bouncers at the door egg me on with things like: "We got a lot of girls in there," and they've got my back when guys get combat-amog with me. This reminds me that I need to grease up the bar staff some more.

I do most of my greasing on slow nights where they aren't making much in tips. I think it has more of an impact on those nights.

In Day Bang, Roosh mentioned that he approached about 1 girl every hour. So if he's there for 5 hours, that's 5 approaches. How does he not run out of prospects? I would imagine he would've exhausted all the cute regulars in less than a week per coffee shop.

Quote: (03-29-2012 12:56 AM)anewtypedude Wrote:  

In Day Bang, Roosh mentioned that he approached about 1 girl every hour. So if he's there for 5 hours, that's 5 approaches. How does he not run out of prospects? I would imagine he would've exhausted all the cute regulars in less than a week per coffee shop.

Well first of all I don't think anyone is assuming Roosh spends five hours in a coffee shop on most days. I personally go in, get my drink, sit down and see what's what and if there's no fish, I leave after I'm done my coffee, I'd imagine Roosh does the same; unless it's in a target-rich environment, there aren't going to be approach-worthy girls in the spot every day. This is why I will again tell you how important it is to have a few backup spots to go to.

Also, the better your game gets, the less approaches you'll do; it's human nature to get complacent when we're satisfied with where we are, but not only that, maybe if you're just starting out you have a 5% conversion rate on decent but not great girls. As your game evolves, maybe 2-3 years later you have a 20% rate on good-quality girls. Are you going to approach that average girl when you have two really attractive girls blowing up your phone and sending you pictures of their box? Think about the times in your own life when you had a few cute girls you were fucking, were you approaching 3 girls a day then? I bet not. The better you get at game, the easier the better girls come, but as a corollary, the less work you put in to your game, it's a trap you don't want to fall into, but sadly one that's tough to avoid (doubly so because women know this).

And finally, as your game grows and your confidence grows, so do the avenues through which you meet women. You might start out as a rook in bars, clubs and coffee joints, but as you move up the food chain, you start opening girls on the street, on the bus, at the mall etc etc etc,. Ain't nobody said the only place to shoot game on girls is the bar, the club or the coffee shop.

Quote: (03-28-2012 10:03 PM)soup Wrote:  

I do most of my greasing on slow nights where they aren't making much in tips. I think it has more of an impact on those nights.

That's a good point. I've worked in the service industry and I was always more grateful for big tips when I wasn't making shit.

For me, technique for tipping bar staff seems pretty obvious, but when you tip a bouncer how do you go about it? I've never been real comfortable flashing money but this appears to be a pretty essential move.

[Image: lol.gif]

Kinda reminds of that meme that won the local contest on RVF, that went something like "Running Daygame... Get Stopped by the cops".

Game is a necessary evil

One of the big things you've got to understand, when it comes to differences between day and night game, is in day game, you really have to go indirect and play the role of the snake in the grass.

My guess is your approaches are too obvious, too loud, and too similar. Over time people take notice, and now you're unlikely to have any success at this venue at all.

Give it a cool down period, and try running game elsewhere for awhile.

For sure you were in Buddha bar in Poznan.This club has an excellent lay out for pick up and is packed with hotties.Poles are quite used to taking bribes(small bribes sometimes they ask for that).In western hemisphere it is not so easy to bribe especially in coffee shop where the bartenders can be seen and they do not drink.

Quote: (03-29-2012 02:16 AM)Blunt Wrote:  

Quote: (03-28-2012 10:03 PM)soup Wrote:  

That's a good point. I've worked in the service industry and I was always more grateful for big tips when I wasn't making shit.

For me, technique for tipping bar staff seems pretty obvious, but when you tip a bouncer how do you go about it? I've never been real comfortable flashing money but this appears to be a pretty essential move.

Tipping bouncers is a sound way to meet some women too. Bouncers have brought women to my table a few times. When I would chat with the bouncers, I would small talk and reme,bet, ohhh he likes sports, or he likes this. In Toronto, I brought a bouncer some tea of course this was given on a cold night, and was appreciated. I am sure if you can afford it, instead of cash say you received "2 tickets to the game". And give it as opposed to cash. A barter system of sorts.

Quote:Quote:

In Day Bang, Roosh mentioned that he approached about 1 girl every hour. So if he's there for 5 hours, that's 5 approaches. How does he not run out of prospects?

1 approach an hour is the maximum speed that you probably won't reach unless you're at your city's BEST coffee shop.

On really good shifts at the coffee shop I don't think I'd surpass 3 approaches. Average was just one.

In MC Donalds in Eastern European countries you can approach much more women than one per hour.However the king for me is the street where the speeds are insane although one's value is less if he happens to be in the street so you need to overdress.Closed hunt in coffee shops clubs is like hunting in barn or aquarium instead in the open.