rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Calling or Texting

Calling or Texting

In Bang, Roosh advocates always calling for the first date instead of texting. He says that texting allows the girl to get the validation and ego stroke without much investment. But then on some of his other posts he talks about how texting is becoming the norm. I have always been a texter when it comes to setting up dates. I text until at least the third date sometimes which i know could be criticized. Anyways, i've been going through a brutal cold streak and getting a bunch of second date flop outs. I was just curious where Roosh and the experts stand on texting? Seems like girls like the non combative nature of texting....but i'm starting to think it's weak.

Like I said, in Bang he says don't text, call. But on his blog he talks about how its become common nature.

Calling or Texting

I think it depends on a lot of factors.
How old is she? If she's 18-21, she most likely won't feel comfortable on the phone, as the younger generation is so dependent on texting these days.
Where is she from? If she's not American, she's likely to answer the phone when you call her rather than text.
How strong was your connection? The stronger the impression you make on her, the more she'll be waiting to hear from you. If you really have her on the hook, she'll answer after 2 rings.
Where did you meet her? If you met her at the bar a few nights before, I recommend texting. If you met her during the day, I recommend calling.
In the end, it's a matter of preference, and different girls require different modus operandi.

Calling or Texting

Bitches just don't have the phone skills these days. They fear it. I had one tell me I take her out of her comfort zone when I call her.

Team Nachos

Calling or Texting

I never call anymore. I experimented with calling versus texting and texting seems to be the only way. Of the last 9 girls I banged that were not ONS, 7 were text only. And one of the other two morphed into texting only very quickly after the initial call.

In another experiment I got 5 numbers in a night. I called 1 and texted 4. Only the one I called I never heard back from.

These are obviously not scientific facts just my experience.

Calling or Texting

Yea - that is what i was thinking too. I just hate the wait time and the bullshit that comes with texting. But i have never been a caller. One of my buddies swears by it.

Calling or Texting

Here's the final answer for this one: Do what works for you.

There is no option that has been proven to be better than the other; whichever one is giving you the best results, keep using.

Calling or Texting

Quote: (03-27-2012 01:27 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Bitches just don't have the phone skills these days. They fear it. I had one tell me I take her out of her comfort zone when I call her.

That is one reason I like to call. I like to be the guy who gets them out of their "comfort zone".

Then, once they are out of their comfort zone, I enjoy the challenge of rebuilding that "comfort". I want her to forget that she was ever uncomfortable in the first place.

I want to be the guy that gives her a new experience.

I am usually 10-15 years older then the girls I talk to so I try to use that to my advantage. I'm not like those college boys that are texting her. I'm the grown man who calls..

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

And, I admit, we gotta be able to use both.

Quote: (03-27-2012 04:31 PM)CJ Wrote:  

Here's the final answer for this one: Do what works for you.

There is no option that has been proven to be better than the other; whichever one is giving you the best results, keep using.

Calling or Texting

Texting is a God's gift to men.How many women do you see talking on the phone?This shows the amount of experience they have and their liking towards it.By texting you do not offer anything to a girl apart from the obligation to answer.She can use calling as a substitute for dating though.

Calling or Texting

Quote: (03-29-2012 03:53 PM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

Texting is a God's gift to men.How many women do you see talking on the phone?This shows the amount of experience they have and their liking towards it.By texting you do not offer anything to a girl apart from the obligation to answer.She can use calling as a substitute for dating though.

The Internet nerds of yesteryear that honed their skills on AIM and ICQ should be masters of texting today.

Team Nachos

Calling or Texting

I did not read the whole thread, but I actually think Roosh advocates texting to set up the first date:

http://www.bangpickupguide.com/misc/text...rooshv.pdf

Calling or Texting

Quote: (03-27-2012 01:27 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

That's a positive thing, being able to take a girl outta her comfort zone. Guys (mostly betas) don't do that at all, not challenging the girl, playing it safe.

I usually call her out on it by telling her "Don't tell me you're afraid to venture a little outta your comfort zone, what's the point in being alive then?".....

Calling or Texting

I get flaked less once I actually get them on the phone. Some just wont answer. Recently I've been keeping it call only, until we chill the first time.
My initial text game is weak. So I lean towards my strength.

Calling or Texting

I think calling seems more manly but how would you guys make the first call..

Do you just say what your gonna say in your text or is it a whole different type of game?

Do you just say "hey whats up" when you call or is there a phrase you might use?.

Calling or Texting

I've actually been doing some calling lately. It hasn't been overwhelmingly good or bad. The thing is when you call girls rarely pick up anyway. If you leave a voicemail and she gets back to you she's interested. On that note, most girls won't call back, they'll text back. They're just not used to talking on the phone with guys they barely know, or for that matter anyone.

I like calling because a.) Its quick. A phone call lasts a few minutes whereas some text convos can take hours, even days and b.) Its intimate. Hearing someone's voice vs. Seeing text on a screen is no competition. The thing is though few women are able to handle intimacy and thus stick to texting. Its a safe method of contact. Girls can flake easier over text, whereas if you chat with them on the phone they're more locked in.

Anyway...if you're trying to set up dates/bangs texting is no doubt the way to go nowadays. Its disheartening to have to say that as texting seems to epitomize the sheltered nature of our society but making a few phone calls isn't going to change society, and it won't help you get laid.

Calling or Texting

personally I like calling, quicker and just more efficient. If the girl likes u, she should pick up. If not, hardly any amount of 'text game' is going to change her initial impression of u. So many men are pussies these days and are afraid to actually call and talk to a girl, u differentiate yourself by doing so. In the end, do what works for u.

Calling or Texting

Gotta be proficient in both, so you can switch it up depending on the target.

As been noted, the younger set is more text oriented, but I've found it to be increasingly more abundant with 30+ crowd.

If I could use a boxing analogy: I generally use texting for a "warm-up" ie probing/pawing jab

Once the target is softened, and more openings (personal proclivites/tendencies) present themselves, I employ the more direct calling ie kidney shots. At this point I'm able to zero in on her likes and desires, plus HEARING me voice those things beat anything any emoticon I can type.

MDP

Calling or Texting

Honestly I found that it doesn't make a difference one way or the other for me. I will say that I also tend to date younger girls (22-24 year old) so I think texting works better for them. I think it's somewhat of a generational thing though. If I ever date an older girl, I try and call because they are from my generation which means they grew up in an era where texting wasn't really popular yet and only became so once we were well into college.

Calling or Texting

I don't see why it has to be one or the other. Text with them a little. Ask if it is a good time to call. If they say yes, then call. I have found that they are slightly less likely to flake on dates I set up over the phone compared to simply setting it up over text.

Calling or Texting

I've noticed that older girls (30+) prefer the phone and younger girls prefer texting. I think calling is better since they can hear your voice and relate to it better than a simple text.

But younger girls are silly and need instant communication.

Calling or Texting

Phone call hit or miss. Depends on how well the first interaction went. Young hoes never phone call always texting smh. They just look at the phone wait for it ring out. I had better outcomes texting young hoes.

Older girls more old school like phone calls. I prefer phone calls, girls got to many dudes texting. Phone calls are more personal and builds attraction.