rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

If you want to share a news link...

Please either further describe the link or include a paragraph or two snippet so we know what it's about, especially since it may not be clear from your headline.

I do like the news threads, but the way some of the links are being shared it feels more like Twitter than a discussion forum. Doing more than just pasting a link will probably also help encourage more people to type out a reply.

Quote: (03-16-2012 03:05 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Please either further describe the link or include a paragraph or two snippet so we know what it's about, especially since it may not be clear from your headline.

I do like the news threads, but the way some of the links are being shared it feels more like Twitter than a discussion forum. Doing more than just pasting a link will probably also help encourage more people to type out a reply.

Great idea, I also have another suggestion. When people imbed video links, post the physical link address beneath it as well. I often browse the forum from my Android and imbedded flash doesn't load. But if there's a link it will open up with the youtube app.

Here is how it's done:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-11328.html

I definitely like the idea of a brief "lead-up" to the story: why it's pertinent to what we do, why you felt compelled to share it with group, why it's bullshit, or whatever. The subject line of the thread isn't enough to do this.

I've been seeing lots of links-only threads and copy-pasted news stories lately. Good to rein this in before the Everything Else board becomes a link dump.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

I know I'm not a moderator here, but I feel this thread deserves a bump.

Here are some of my thoughts:

I have noticed a recent trend of threads that really aren't clearly junk threads, but are of dubious interest to the collective readership here and contain little to no relevant commentary or a simple summation of the story shared (so we can decide whether to read the much longer article).

Thread titles are important, as is proper grammar and avoidance of text-speak, but content -- obviously -- is king here.

Like Roosh said above, news articles are great to share on the forum. They generate thoughtful and substantive debate and they help keep us informed of important, relevant, or funny stories we might otherwise gloss over in the newspaper, Facebook or Twitter.

However, they need to have more than just a link or -- ideally -- more than just a text dump of a long news story. A summation of the relevant information is appropriate and -- since you decided to share it -- hopefully, some relevant commentary. If an article moved you to share it, I would imagine that you have some significant thoughts on the article.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Yup I learned this lesson real quick when I got my first warning.

Attraction and passion are non-negotiable

2Wycked is right, thanks for the post. I don't have the post count or rep points to back me up, but as someone who greatly values this section of the forums, some self-moderation before posting new articles/threads would be a good thing.

Lots of TMZ-style celebrity breakup threads over the past few months. Some are interesting if they open up a broader discussion, but I sense some members just copy/paste anything related to women from any website.

2Wycked is right. Although not every article will be a gem or posted perfectly, there's definitely a pattern of repeat offenders who routinely post low-quality, loosely relevant, or lazily copypasted material into the forum. If you're posting an article or link, you're ideally telling us why it's pertinent to us in an introductory line or two.

If you see low quality, junk, or irrelevant threads--especially from newbies or borderline trolls--hit the report button and the moderation team will take a look at it. As the forum continues to grow, it's important that the whole community take part in maintaining the standard.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Perhaps it's worth someone making a thread for a news story dump. 90% of these news stories have the same bend and really could fit into one. As someone who rarely posts them and reads them, I find the amount of the same motif-ed news stories to clutter this sub-forum.

Therads that are questions should be titled as such.

Sometimes I find threads that are titled as datasheets but instead OP writes a 3 sentence post asking a question

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

And one more time I will add...

If you're going to take the time to post an article here POST THE WRITER'S BYLINE with it!!!

This is important. We need to know who writes this stuff and should not have to give these Web sites clicks to find out.

More importantly, posting the names of writers will make our opinions on their stories come up in the Google directory when people search for them. This allows any hypocrisy and poor reporting on their part to be quickly exposed. More people than you'd imagine hate the media, and are looking for exactly our kind of pushback against it.

I'd recommended putting this thread up under "Important Threads". Also, an official link dump thread would be a good idea, so that if someone sees something interesting tangentially related to the topics discussed here, but can't procure a decent analysis on it, it has a place to go as opposed to a new thread for every youtube video, or article that rehashes talked-to-death manosphere points.

Is it just me or does it seem like more troll threads are showing up? Some of the threads are trying to cause divisions and get a rise out of the guys here. Even some of the articles about injustices in the world don't feel right.

Quote: (03-16-2012 03:05 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Also, please post the snippet in English. Most of us cannot read Russian, Portuguese, Arabic or Iroquoian [Image: biggrin.gif]