rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I came up with a genius blog idea

I need help with it. I poked around and nobody is doing this. Someone with master blogging skillz needed asap!!

Whats your idea?

Quote: (03-15-2012 09:42 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Whats your idea?
You in? I'll run it at you via pm

Hook me up with the idea if you haven't already sorted it out. I'll see what I can do to help.

Get either a free wordpress account or paid hosting and use the wordpress software. Easy to set up, you could do it all yourself within an hour. Use fiverr.com to get a logo made and other small things that would be useful to get you started if you don't want to spend loads of cash.

are you gonna share the idea with us??

If not, pm me..

Quote: (03-15-2012 10:54 AM)Giovonny Wrote:  

are you gonna share the idea with us??

If not, pm me..

I will pm you. I set up the domain and will share the idea here in a little while. I do need help though making it. The guy who gave me the idea wants nothing to do with it. He told me to go fix some cars.

Hit me up and I can see what I can do...

I'm pretty well versed in the subject as well if you need an 8th voice.

I think I'll post a thread containing some badass information about blogging/passive income later - been meaning to make it (class now!)

I don't know which or any package to pick for hosting on go daddy. Any thoughts?

NOT GODADDy fOR HOSting!!1
!

Go with hostgator's basic package. It'll be fine.

Don't share your idea out in the open!

Quote: (03-15-2012 12:05 PM)Kitsune Wrote:  

NOT GODADDy fOR HOSting!!1
!

Go with hostgator's basic package. It'll be fine.

Don't share your idea out in the open!

Too late. I have no clue. What next?

Just get their basic hosting I suppose if you're with godaddy. You'll be ok

Quote: (03-15-2012 12:18 PM)Kitsune Wrote:  

Also look into WHOIS privacy on your domain if you want to stay anonymous.

Quote: (03-15-2012 12:46 PM)Neo Wrote:  

That could be added later right?

Quote: (03-15-2012 12:50 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Yes, you can add it anytime.

Has somebody monetized on a blog?

I also came with an "idea" some time ago, but i always postponed the actual making. Until last weekend i decided to finally execute it, and surprisingly it only took me 2 days to do the whole thing.

The procedure i did was this:

- Buy a domain from godaddy with the hidden WHOIS feature (to remain anonymous).
- Buy the baby plan from HostGator. (Multiple domains, unlimited bandwidth)
- I installed wordpress from HostGator, which is actually trivial to do.
- I compiled some info about this "community" of people interested, that was all in a youtube video and posted 2 posts in the blog.
- I put the link to the blog in the youtube video inviting them to post the conversations in the blog instead of the youtube video.

Now i am little surprised, given that the blog did attract the users interested in the topic of yotube video, and it receives about 20 posts in the blog by day, and about 200 visits daily, this in the first week.

I am expecting to monetize, i just don't know how (this is my first time doing something like this) does anyone have some experience doing this?

Whatever you do, don't post it here until you're up and running. Remember the forums are visible to anyone.

"Colt 45 and two zigzags, baby that's all we need" - Ronald Reagan

Quote: (03-15-2012 01:16 PM)Victorious Wrote:  

I also came with an "idea" some time ago, but i always postponed the actual making. Until last weekend i decided to finally execute it, and surprisingly it only took me 2 days to do the whole thing.

- Buy a domain from godaddy with the hidden WHOIS feature (to remain anonymous).
- I compiled some info about this "community" of people interested, that was all in a youtube video and posted 2 posts in the blog.
- I put the link to the blog in the youtube video inviting them to post the conversations in the blog instead of the youtube video.

Now i am little surprised, given that the blog did attract the users interested in the topic of yotube video, and it receives about 20 posts in the blog by day, and about 200 visits daily, this in the first week.

I am expecting to monetize, i just don't know how (this is my first time doing something like this) does anyone have some experience doing this?

Hard to say how to monetize when we don't know the market you are in.

Quote: (03-15-2012 01:22 PM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

Quote: (03-15-2012 01:16 PM)Victorious Wrote:  

Hard to say how to monetize when we don't know the market you are in.
My market is lolz

Quote: (03-15-2012 01:23 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

My market is lolz

Ah, the Danish market.

Quote: (03-15-2012 01:25 PM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

Quote: (03-15-2012 01:23 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

My market is lolz

Ah, the Danish market.
There will be a Danish review for sure. Should I be buying up all the . infos . nets and whatnot?

Quote: (03-15-2012 01:29 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

There will be a Danish review for sure. Should I be buying up all the . infos . nets and whatnot?

I would just get your blog going and worry about the other shit later.

Been doing business on the Net since 2000. Curious about your idea. PM me, I might be able to help.

Quote: (03-15-2012 12:50 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (03-15-2012 12:46 PM)Neo Wrote:  

If you prefer to keep your name and address info anonymous, I'd say do it ASAP.

When your WhoIs record is public for any length of time, it can be copied and indexed by search engines, as well as the domain registry history log.

So one year later, you decide you want to be anonymous. Your domain entry gets updated. But copies of the old one have already been made and are still retrievable on the web.

So the potential is:
1) someone googles your name and comes up with your domain page, including your home address and phone number
2) someone googles your domain and can ID you as the owner.