rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The south is scary, man....

That's not scary. You should come here sometime. If the racism is what you're referring to the North is way worse.

This is why..People up north are just very good at hiding it but way more racist. In the south they just don't know better. I could bring you to a Klan meeting here if I said you were cool and had beer. You may even meet some good contacts or pull.

They don't even know that they're supposed to hate my Greek ass.

Well, not just the racism, but widespread beliefs that God is what will fix the economy, people living in 3rd world conditions voting for the 1% because they think it's about "morals and values", etc.

Edit --

I'm not trying to make this solely a commentary on race or this thread will get shut down. They said a lot of shit in the video that has my head shaking about other issues besides race.

He got one thing right.

"When my parents and grandparents were growing up we didn't have all that and people still made. People pulled their own weight instead of sitting around waiting for someone to take care of them."

That's the mentality we need. Unfortunately the rest of them are retarded.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Are you implying that there's only racism and dumbasses in the south? Yeah mechanico, I've heard there's a lot of closet racists in those "liberal places". At least have the balls to let it be known that you don't like me.

Quote: (03-12-2012 07:01 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

That's not scary. You should come here sometime. If the racism is what you're referring to the North is way worse.

Not sure about that.

The North has better dentistry, that is for sure.

I have always wondered about how the poorest states are Red and the richest states are blue. (Not to mention, many times the Red States get the most government help).

And the wackest places are Red and the coolest places are Blue.

Even the cool part of wack states are Blue, ie New Orleans, Austin, TX, Boulder, CO, Miami, Las Vegas etc

Is there even one Red place in America that isn't horrible?

The north is definitely more racist. Anything more than 30 minutes outside of NYC may as well be Nazi Germany. Stay outta the sticks and you'll be fine.

Team Nachos

Need to move around with that nonsense gmanifesto! You sound exactly like those fragile, tatted up hipsters that you hate so much. They move to Austin from other states and talk all kinds of shit about Texas because they would shit their pants in our big cities where its not white washed.

Quote: (03-12-2012 07:16 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I'm having a hard time coming up with one. San Diego and Charleston, SC may be the only places coming to mind.

How about the inner cities where black families teach their kids that all white people are racist? This river flows both way, man. For every video you post of racist people in the south, I'll find you at least one of racist black people from the inner city.

People of different races actually have more interaction with each other in the South. It's not uncommon for them to invite each other into their homes. It's just there's traditions and norms to maintain that are unique to that region. There's a line that people know not to cross (i.e. interracial dating). You got to keep in mind that Southerners lived on a plantation economy and it took a civil war to get them to industrialize. Many of them are still bitter about that, whether openly or not.

In the North, blacks and whites rarely interact in an intimate way. They may be cool with each other at work and stuff but rarely do they go to into each others homes, etc. Life up North is centered on industrial values, but race still operates in a subtle way. It gets very political at work the higher you move up the ladder.

Culturally, life up north isn't centered around family and community the way it is in the South.

Quote: (03-12-2012 07:44 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

People of different races actually have more interaction with each other in the South. It's not uncommon for them to invite each other into their homes. It's just there's traditions and norms to maintain that are unique to that region. There's a line that people know not to cross (i.e. interracial dating). You got to keep in mind that Southerners lived on a plantation economy and it took a civil war to get them to industrialize. Many of them are still bitter about that, whether openly or not.

In the North, blacks and whites rarely interact in an intimate way. They may be cool with each other at work and stuff but rarely do they go to into each others homes, etc. Life up North is centered on industrial values, but race still operates in a subtle way. It gets very political at work the higher you move up the ladder.

Culturally, life up north isn't centered around family and community the way it is in the South.

+1

I've noticed in the south, poverty tends to tear down racial walls REAL quick. When everyones dirt poor no one cares about color any more

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Quote: (03-12-2012 07:51 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

I've noticed in the south, poverty tends to tear down racial walls REAL quick. When everyones dirt poor no one cares about color any more

Yup. In the North, if the checks stop flowing, things get ugly real fast. NYC used to be a very racist place when crime was high and the economy was bad.

Quote: (03-12-2012 07:28 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (03-12-2012 07:16 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I'm having a hard time coming up with one. San Diego and Charleston, SC may be the only places coming to mind.

San Diego is actually Blue now.

North County (the wack part) is the red stronghold.

The Beaches are Blue, inland (ie the wack part and lame part are Red).

California is a great example.

The Blue parts are cool (ie places you would actually pay money and spend time visiting), and the Red parts are hell on earth (ie places you would never choose to go).

Quote: (03-12-2012 07:26 PM)houston Wrote:  

Need to move around with that nonsense gmanifesto! You sound exactly like those fragile, tatted up hipsters that you hate so much. They move to Austin from other states and talk all kinds of shit about Texas because they would shit their pants in our big cities where its not white washed.

I just gave like 10 examples.

I don't believe that at all. The more poor people are, the more openly racist they tend to be. Being poor does not make people colorblind at all. Tim Wise even spoke at length on this.

@G, Only one I can think of is Memphis.

There are many poor white southerners. There are some who live among blacks and don't feel any racism towards them at all. Them and their families have known each other for generations. I've met many cool (and funny) southerners who may make a few jokes but don't really have any malice towards other people.

The ones who are racist feel cheated. Back in the slavery era, less than 10% of white people actually had the means to own slaves, but that plantation economy afforded a privilege even to poor whites because even they had some modicum of status above slaves. With their defeat during the Civil War and the ensuing federal legislation that gave blacks equality and opportunity under the law, you ended up with a lot of poor, alienated and pissed off people who were relegated to having no status. In other words, they lost everything.

Politicians have preyed on these people for political gain ever since Nixon employed his "Southern strategy." They make up a large percentage of the population in states like Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, and Louisiana. Easy votes.

Again, the elites up north are hardly any better, despite what some of them may wish to think. They are rarely completely comfortable with people who are not like them. It made sense to give people economic opportunity in the industrial north because it's good for industrial competitiveness, but the higher up you move in industry, the more elite and less diverse it is. You often find people in these positions who harbor prejudicial and negative biases against others who are not like them.

Donald Trump is a case in point. I wouldn't call him a racist, but he definitely is a yankee and even he once quipped about his good relations with "the blacks." Think about that.

Quote: (03-12-2012 07:57 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I don't believe that at all. The more poor people are, the more openly racist they tend to be. Being poor does not make people colorblind at all. Tim Wise even spoke at length on this.

In 2010, Tim Wise published an essay on the web in which he openly and gleefully celebrated his dream of the extinction of white people in America

Do you agree with that too?

Who's the racist here?

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

This thread is gonna get good...

The North has plenty of racism, too. Look up Boston Busing.

Quote: (03-12-2012 08:09 PM)MrXY Wrote:  

In 2010, Tim Wise published an essay on the web in which he openly and gleefully celebrated his dream of the extinction of white people in America

Who's the racist here?

Link?

And btw people, I spent several years LIVING in the south. I've lived back east and on the west coast. There's no way in hell anyone can tell me that it's the same everywhere. I know the NE has it's problems, mainly because people are very territorial about their ethnic neighborhoods. Out west,I don't really see that sort of thing. I'm not comparing the south with the north, I'm comparing the south with the west.

Quote: (03-12-2012 08:17 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (03-12-2012 08:09 PM)MrXY Wrote:  

Who's the racist here?

Link?

And btw people, I spent several years LIVING in the south. I've lived back east and on the west coast. There's no way in hell anyone can tell me that it's the same everywhere. I know the NE has it's problems, mainly because people are very territorial about their ethnic neighborhoods. Out west,I don't really see that sort of thing. I'm not comparing the south with the north, I'm comparing the south with the west.

The west coast is completely different from the rest of the US. However, Socal feels like Alabama in some places. I think LA has many "reminders" of the south. First of all, most black people who are actually from LA for real come from the South. Either them, their parents or grandparents relocated there from Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi or South Carolina. That aspect of LA culture is very southern.

I used to live in San Francisco which was extremely progressive with respect to race relations. That was the most racially harmonious place I've ever been to (only arguably second to Brazil).

Quote: (03-12-2012 09:04 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

I bet she could ride a dick like a rodeo star.