rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are you a polygot player?

Two years ago I described the language notch:

Quote:Quote:

The Language Notch. This is banging a girl from macking in a foreign language. It’s the hardest metric to attain because you need to learn a new language and then adapt your game to it.

Sometimes the hardest part of getting a language notch is finding a girl who doesn’t speak English, as this was my problem in Rio until I get lucky and met a girl from the south. After getting the three easiest language notches (English, Portuguese, and Spanish), I’m wondering how the hell I’m going to get more. I’d like to have five before I die, so perhaps one more romance language like Italian and then something impossible like Russian where letters are replaced by alien-like symbols.

In Poland I banged a girl who didn't speak English, but I did not use any Polish besides 20 words or so, so that was not counted. By language notch I mean sustained conversation in that foreign language.

I got my Russian language notch this weekend, which took about 150 hours of Russian study, 10 hours of nightclub approaching to nail down a basic game with simple jokes and DHVs, and then 4 hours of talking to the individual girl, which included romantic dinner and a stack of vocabulary flashcards that I reviewed with her to fill in dead air. My sex afterglow is still going strong.

I'd love to hear from guys who have a couple language notches, maybe some tips on how to bridge the gap when you're far from competent.

My best tip is to speak even when you know you're wrong. I find that girls really don't care if you sound stupid... she's out with you for other reasons than besides your speech, or else she would be with a local dude. The main goal is to put in face time in a fun way. In Russian I don't even know how to use prepositions, so I don't bother. I can only imagine how retarded I sound.

If I'm stuck I start saying things that I know makes little sense or is in 'tarzan english' as I once saw it described, i.e. always the most basic of lanugage and in present tense, "me tarzan, you jane, we go now". At least it shows you are trying and people can generally make sense of what you are trying to say even if what you are actually saying is total nonsense. Even if they don't understand they respect the fact you tried. I usually find it's easier to learn the language by learning the most common words and then just chucking them together to make sentences, in most languages it doesn't quite work like this but I'm understood most of the time and that's all that matter.

I banged a Mexican cleaning woman at my old job who didn't speak English. I can half-ass my way through Spanish, and can usually build up enough rapport to get what I want. But I'm pretty sure I got the lay due to our mutual attraction as opposed to my linguistic skills.

Quote: (03-11-2012 08:10 AM)AlphaTravel Wrote:  

If I'm stuck I start saying things that I know makes little sense or is in 'tarzan english' as I once saw it described, i.e. always the most basic of lanugage and in present tense, "me tarzan, you jane, we go now". At least it shows you are trying and people can generally make sense of what you are trying to say even if what you are actually saying is total nonsense. Even if they don't understand they respect the fact you tried. I usually find it's easier to learn the language by learning the most common words and then just chucking them together to make sentences, in most languages it doesn't quite work like this but I'm understood most of the time and that's all that matter.

LMAO! This shit works in reverse. Last year me and a buddy flew back to the U.S. after a job had ended. He said some shit to the bartender like "Me want too!!!" All those months interacting with women with poor rubbed off. He had to use "tarzan english" so much, we sounded like retards. I still use phrases like "Too much hot, my friend".

Quote: (03-11-2012 08:29 AM)Jackhammer Wrote:  

I banged a Mexican cleaning woman at my old job who didn't speak English. I can half-ass my way through Spanish, and can usually build up enough rapport to get what I want. But I'm pretty sure I got the lay due to our mutual attraction as opposed to my linguistic skills.

My Spanish is just BARELY enough to build attraction. I think when I get it up to speed, I'll kill it down there. Shouldn't take long.

7 notches in Mandarin
2 notches in German (kind of doesn't count, since I've been speaking German for 11 years, and most Germans say they don't notice I'm a foreigner).

How difficult this can be is really just a matter of how efficient you are in the language in question. Actually, my Chinese skills skyrocketed as a result of gaming women in Chinese.

As far as tips are concerned: I'd say you just have to force yourself to say as much as you possibly can in the language. Use your native language/English only when all else fails, and keep that to a minimum. You're bound to fuck up quite a bit at first, but just keep going with it. As with anything, the more you practice, the better you'll get at it.

My native is english..I spent 3 years learning german.
Living in germany for a couple months..i dont understand everything everyone says. but I can speak well enough that people think im fluent(without accent)

alot of girls tell me my german is "cute"
then i fuck them.. 3 german chicks in 2 months. plus a lithuanian that spoke barely any german and broken english.
I wont count the chicks that i used english to game

I am the cock carousel

Sargon: to clarify the rule, you can only get 1 language notch per language, regardless of how many girls you slept with in that language. So assuming you have gotten at least one english bang, you actually have 3 language notches, not 7+. [Image: smile.gif]

So if I banged 4 Colombian girls in Spanish, 2 Brazilian girls in Portuguese, 1 Russian girl in Russian, and XXX girls in English, I have a total of four language notches.

Banged a lot in Russian and a few in Mandarin.

What I have found though is my language skills are a big DHV for foreign non native girls. For example I spent a few years in India backpacking in my early twenties and picked up some Hindi. When I travelled with other Western women and they saw me negotiating with rickshaw wallahs and the like in Hindi they were wet. It never helped me bang an Indian chick though to be honest.

I got a 'Coronation Street' actresses phone number in Moscow in 2008 when she heard me speaking Russian in a bar. I was over there for the champions league final to see Chelsea play and she was in the bar before the game ( she is a united fan ). We got talking and when I started to banter with a Russian she could not believe it. She was eye raping me in front of her Thespian chums ( beta blokes in cardigans ). I never asked for her number but she insisted I took it. She was not one of the hotter members of the show's cast.

Damn. I have but one language notch, the English one. All the flags of foreign girls I've got are 2nd gen or immigrant flags, speaking in English.

This thread and the Resources to Learn Russian remind me that I've gotten lazy with my Russian language work as of late. I need to kick my studies into high-gear, a la Roosh.

The Russian one took a while and it didn't help that the girls who spoke English were willing to put out. The good thing about Russian is that even if you disregard grammar you will still be understood 90% of the time.

This is a fun thread' let me see :
My first language is Dutch so that doesn't count.
1 American notch (in english)
1 Canadian notch (in english)
1 Belgium notch (french part, she didnt speak any dutch, i had to mack in half assed high school French and she basically just threw herself at me. I'm not proud at this one since she a chubber)
1 Ecuadorian notch (in spanish)
1 brazilian notch ( in the worst portuguese/portonol ever)

aaah This game is not fair to me since over half of my 25 flags are captured with girls who barely spoke english, some only like 10 words. I had to use the local language too. Anyway i have 5 language notches.

I nearly had the sign language notch when i picked up a deaf girl in the Philippines but she was kicked out of the dorm i was staying by the hostel personal. I already had my boner out and a condom in hand, she was buck naked. fuck those bastards that worked there.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Quote:Quote:

LMAO! This shit works in reverse. Last year me and a buddy flew back to the U.S. after a job had ended. He said some shit to the bartender like "Me want too!!!" All those months interacting with women with poor rubbed off. He had to use "tarzan english" so much, we sounded like retards. I still use phrases like "Too much hot, my friend".

Yeah I sometimes find myself talking simpleton English to people who I don't need to be talking it to. People who talk better English than I do and I'm talking like a retard because I'm so used to talking 'tarzan english' with thai girls. They probably do think I'm a retard.

Neil, the sign language notch, priceless!

I'm at two: French and Spanish

My proudest "game" moment was my super flag, I never really thought much of it but it was quite the milestone in my life, back in August of 1999, I lost my virginity to a Finnish girl on a football field in France!

Quote: (03-11-2012 07:49 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

I'd love to hear from guys who have a couple language notches, maybe some tips on how to bridge the gap when you're far from competent.

Roosh, congratulations on the Russian language notch!

For building rapport with limited language skills, I make use of settings that don't require continuous speaking. For example, cinema with an English language film and foreign subtitles. Dancing at a club. Listening to live music together.

Your first X hours of study is targeted towards being able to have a conversation. Once you reach critical mass, you can continue to advance using only your target language. Having a steady girl who shares long conversations with you in bed is an ideal way to learn. You make good progress and it never feels like studying. [Image: smile.gif]

For complete novices, it can be funny to have a stock clown phrase or two that you know perfectly. Even if you don't speak or understand any of the language, you can open with this phrase or interject with it at the strangest times. You can make them laugh out loud with this.

Example: one guy with rudimentary Portuguese was opening nightclub girls with "Eu tenho um gato nas minhas calças" (I have a cat in my pants).

My knowledge of Swedish is limited to like 15 words. I do know how to say "Swedish pussy tastes like vanilla icecream" in Swedish. Not so great for using on girls, but it always gets a laugh from a dude.

I've 4 : English, Spanish, Russian & French.
Although if I whipped out my dormant Russian now I'd get nowhere.
My first Thai girl had zero English and I used a Thai dictionary to work my magic, but something tells me that doesn't count...

Who had 5?! That's seriously impressive.

Very impressive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAtWuQmdexs

I find that if it gets too hard to continue talking in the foreign language, it turns the girl on to hear me speak in English, even if she doesn't understand a word of what I'm saying. It's an easy way to fill a gap in a conversation and unload some of that pent up anxiety from not being able to communicate what you want in the foreign language.

Quote: (03-11-2012 12:55 PM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

Very impressive:

I bet he picks up mad pussy when he travels too..

I am the cock carousel

Sure he does, being so handsome!

I have only one flag, english one. Not counting the different nations banged under it. I did close one girl using a ruski equivalent of this:

So not counting that either.

Balkan Power Individual™

Quote: (03-11-2012 03:39 PM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

Very impressive:

Not sure if serious. Extremely impressive but there comes a point where you aren't overcoming looks. He doesn't seem like the type to roll out with a lot of style.

I got these:

1) English
2) Tagalog
3) Ilocano
4) Japanese
5) Spanish
6) Hawaiian Pidgin

My Spanish is not so good, but her English was almost non-existent. I remember saying como se dice a lot.

Aloha!

I've macked in French and Spanish. I'm hoping to add German and Italian to the collection this summer!

I've only gotten bangs in English (native), French, and Spanish. However, if I look back, I have to say that the majority of my total notches have been language bangs. It has become my goto move. In fact, a language bang on my first trip to France (which was my first trip outside of North America/Bahamas) got me into pursuing the whole "international playboy" lifestyle.

A few tips:
1) SPEAK!! Speak to everyone. don't spend years studying without actually using the language. My first French bang came just because I was friendly and wanted to practice my French with this museum worker. She, completely unprompted, gave me her number and asked to get together after work.

2) Avoid places where people speak English. With the exception of countries like the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway (and other Scandinavian countries), etc, it should be fairly easy to find an area full of non-English speakers in a non-English speaking country. Everyone told me that most people in Paris speak English. Bullshit. Once I got out of the city center, few folks spoke English. Also, when you are in areas where folks don't speak English, they tend to be MUCH MORE tolerant of your poor Spanish/French. Your "exotic" DHV is also higher in these areas.

3) Focus your hunt on women who DON'T speak English. My general rule is that I want her English to be non-existent, or at least worse than my Spanish/French/etc. It has gotten to the point where I almost lose my wood if I hear a chica in Latin America speaking English.

I have found it exponentially easier to get bangs from women who DO NOT speak English when in a foreign country. When you think about it, it makes sense. By focusing on women who don't speak English (especially when you hunt in non-tourist areas), you are basically playing in a field that 95% of the English speaking international players don't even go into. Your competition drops through the floor.

Glad to hear you are having success wherever you are Roosh.

I've banged non-English speakers who spoke Spanish, Russian, and Thai. The Thai and Russian ones were crazy because I cant speak those languages. I still fondly remember how the Thai girl (who was non-pro btw) would point to my crouch and say "on". That was my cue that she was ready for another round.

Quote: (03-11-2012 04:17 PM)lavidaloca Wrote:  

Quote: (03-11-2012 03:39 PM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

Very impressive:

Not sure if serious. Extremely impressive but there comes a point where you aren't overcoming looks. He doesn't seem like the type to roll out with a lot of style.

I think you missed Sourcecode's sarcasm.