rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Alimony

Alimony

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/05/us/ali...-laws.html

Another article that highlights the severly broken U.S. marriage culture and divorce industry.
When it comes to marriage in North America, buyer beware.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Alimony

We'll see how this goes. I cannot foresee alimony reform making much headway, as more than half the electorate is female. Career politicians don't give a shit about men, since the herd mentality of females makes it easier to buy their votes.

Tom Leykis always referred to it as "vaginamony" - paying for past use of a vagina.

The simplest, and most obvious way to avoid paying alimony = DON'T GET MARRIED.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Alimony

The article states:
  • In Florida, as in most states, the alimony system works mostly as it should. Ninety-five percent of those who divorce settle out of court, and judges often make fair decisions, legal experts say.
This is BS. The blogger Dalrock addressed this recently. Imagine you're being mugged by a bunch of thugs. The thug tells you, "hey man, you can give us all your money, or you can resist, and then we'll beat the shit out of you, *and then* take all your money. Which do you want?" According to the logic of the legal experts, if you chose the first option, of handing your money over *without* a beating, it must be fair. After all, you chose it.

If the guy knows he's going to get a raw deal in court, the fact that he 'settled out of court' doesn't mean he got a fair deal. It just means a court resolution would have been even more expensive. That 95% of cases are settled out of court says nothing of alimony's fairness towards the higher earner i.e. the man in most cases.

And who are these legal experts? They couldn't possibly be the people who benefit from all that money expended on divorce, like divorce lawyers and divorce court judges. Nope, nothing to see here folks, just disinterested scholars.

Alimony

Quote: (03-05-2012 09:59 PM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

Exactly. Basilransom's point above just makes this even more obvious: The only way to win this game is not to play.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Alimony

Quote: (03-05-2012 09:59 PM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

And be sure you know what means "common-law" where you live - it can vary (not sure if state to state - but definitely various between countries). If you're deemed "common-law" (or whatever it may be called where you live) - you're just as fucked over as if you're married.

I'm reminded of Eddie Murphy in his RAW tour....

Alimony

"Each man was also ordered in court to carry a life insurance policy naming his former wife as sole beneficiary."

Wonder if they also make you keep a piece of paper taped to your back that reads "please put out a hit on me" along with a big bullseye.

Alimony

Quote: (03-05-2012 10:42 PM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  

"Each man was also ordered in court to carry a life insurance policy naming his former wife as sole beneficiary."

Wonder if they also make you keep a piece of paper taped to your back that reads "please put out a hit on me" along with a big bullseye.

lol.

I love how the article compares these men caught in this situation to indentured servants. That is literally what they are when they become entangled in life-long alimony. Knowing you have to work to support some smug entitled bitch for the rest of your life must be maddening, especially knowing that she will profit generously from your own demise. The only feasible way out of this situation is to go the "OJ route".

Not recommended, but like Chris Rock said, "I understand".

Hell, even the Hulkster shares this view.

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-04-15/enter...PM:SHOWBIZ

I'm just surprised it doesn't happen more often.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"