rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Need legal advice from bar fight

Last night I was at a bar that I go to often. I was talking to this girl, she said that she had a boyfriend and wasn't interested at all. The boyfriend came along and pulled her away. I tried tooling the guy, because it's usually funny and surprising when this sort of thing happens. Anyway.. I turned around to talk to my friend and completely forgot about the situation, my back was now facing the girl and guy. 10 seconds later the girl came up to me, pushed me, and told me to walk to the other side of the bar. I pushed her back (pushed her arm away) to get her to stop being ridiculous. Next thing I knew, 4 guys came up from behind and jumped me (the guy and his friends). They pulled my shirt over my head and hit me in the face 3 times. Before I had a chance to fight back the bouncers broke up the fight. There was blood pouring from my face. It was 4 of them vs. 2 of us, so there was no way to win.

Outside of the bar, when the police came, I said that I wanted to press charges against the guy. The girl lied to the police and said that I grabbed her ass, so if I chose to sue the guy for assaulting me, she'd sue me for sexual harassment. Obviously I declined pressing charges... I don't need a false rape charge against me. I had to take an ambulance to the hospital to get my nose stitched shut (I said that I didn't want any medical care, but the wound was too deep. I'm pretty sure I was hit with a ring on the guys finger. Unfortunately I didn't realize that until this morning, so I did not include that in the police report). Now my face is swollen, I have stitches in my nose, and my nose is probably broken. Luckily I didn't suffer from any head injuries or broken face bones.

After leaving the hospital I made sure to get medical records of what the doctors did to me. I went back to the police station to get a police report, but they said that there was NOTHING they could give to me, since I declined to press charges at the time. I know for a fact that they took down my information and the guy's information who assaulted me. The cops basically told me to fuck off and to get a lawyer if I wanted to do anything else.

Is there any way for me to press charges against this asshole who assaulted me? I want to sue him for every penny I can, but I also don't want the girl to press rape charges against me for "groping" her. I go to this bar often, and have never gotten into a fight or any trouble there. I'm sure the staff knows this... My friend was a witness to the entire assault.

What is your desired outcome from pressing charges?

(i.e. civil or criminal?)

Does the bar have cameras?

Civil. It's probably too late for a criminal case at this point.

The bar does not have cameras.

Quote: (03-03-2012 02:46 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Does the bar have cameras?

This.

And call a lawyer. A good one. Don't cut corners here.

Quote:Quote:

I tried tooling the guy, because it's usually funny and surprising when this sort of thing happens

Depending on how much time, money and energy you want to spend, you might just have to file this one under the "lesson learned" category.

Charge it to The Game.

And keep the receipt.

So let me get this straight. You hit on a girl, she declines, then you punk her b/f in front of her. Then you turn your back. If I was him, I'd have punched you too.

Lesson to be learned here: Don't fuck with other men's women.

Quote: (03-03-2012 02:54 PM)travolta Wrote:  

Filing a lawsuit is a lot like marriage. You're basing a years-long process on how you feel today.

When I've been personally wronged, I've drafted Complaints. I've never served any of them.

Suing a person means having that person in your life for years.

It's not something to do lightly.

Quote: (03-03-2012 02:58 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

So let me get this straight. You hit on a girl, she declines, then you punk her b/f in front of her. Then you turn your back. If I was him, I'd have punched you too.

Yeah, he's on the Roosh Forum, so I'm inclined to view him as on "my side."

But, yeah, in general, guys like him are society's problem.

He popped off. Then he got his ass kicked. Now he wants guys to go to jail

I'm the nicest guy you'll ever meet in the bar. I bump into you, I apologize. I run game on your girl? Oh, my bad.

Now if you wanna make it a problem...

Otherwise, though, I'm just a cool fucking guy willing to apologize and make peace.

Hopefully the OP has learned a lesson.

Quote: (03-03-2012 02:59 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Quote: (03-03-2012 02:54 PM)travolta Wrote:  

Filing a lawsuit is a lot like marriage. You're basing a years-long process on how you feel today.

When I've been personally wronged, I've drafted Complaints. I've never served any of them.

Suing a person means having that person in your life for years.

would you mind elaborating on this?

Quote: (03-03-2012 03:08 PM)travolta Wrote:  

would you mind elaborating on this?

Lawsuits take years.

It's not like TV where you file suit and then go to court.

It's paper pushing for years.

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/you...-to-expect

Also, unless the guys who beat you up are rich, no lawyer will take your case on a contingency basis. You need someone with deep pockets to make it worth the lawyer's time.

You'd have to sue the bar to get a lawyer to take your case.

You should talk to a lawyer if you want to file a lawsuit.

As to filing criminal charges, well, that's sorta a punk move. You popped off. You wanted to "tool" a guy in front of his girl.

In situations like yours, it's fair to sue for medical bills. It's a bitch move to file criminal charges.

If you wanna insult a guy in front of his girl, then you're outside of the social contract of civilized society. You're in the jungle.

In the jungle, people get hurt.

Well first of all: always be aware of your surroundings so you don't get jumped. That said, even though their assault wasn't "legally" justified, taking this to court will probably cost you more than it will help you, but that's the legal system.

Quote: (03-03-2012 03:03 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

I'm the nicest guy you'll ever meet in the bar. I bump into you, I apologize. I run game on your girl? Oh, my bad.

Otherwise, though, I'm just a cool fucking guy willing to apologize and make peace.

I got to agree with you guys, I think the OP basically fucked up.

I'm not going to say that I think he deserved to get his ass kicked, (esp. if he got his shirt pulled over his face and attacked by 4 guys), but disrespecting the guy in front of his girl was a bad move.

I think some guys get on this forum and take everything a little bit too much to heart. Trying to overcompensate and act "alpha" in every situation. Like MikeCF said, there is no need to be a dick and act like a tough guy, this is basically asking for trouble.

Yeah you don't want to be a push over beta pussy, who get's walked all over, but there is no need to be disrespectful to others. She didn't like your game and has a BF, get over it, and move on to the next one.

You were trying to keep your ego in tact, but now your face isn't.

She may have pushed you, that was unnecessary and she was in the wrong, but pushing her just threw gasoline on the fire.

We should all know in this feminist society/culture/legal system, that 90% of the time regardless of what a woman did, the man will be held accountable in a physical confrontation.

Like G-Man said, lesson learned, charge it to the game. Hit the weights, take a martial arts class, and stop institigating conflicts.

Oh yeah, and how can you get a "false rape charge" for being accused of trying to grab a girls ass. Sexual harassment and rape are two very different things. I am pretty sure rape is 100X worse, to be charged with "rape" I'm pretty sure you'd have to do some extreme shit, like attack her, pin her to the ground, rip her clothes off, etc. I think you might be building mountains out of mole hills on that one.

Quote: (03-03-2012 03:31 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

I got to agree with you guys, I think the OP basically fucked up.

I'm not going to say that I think he deserved to get his ass kicked, (esp. if he got his shirt pulled over his face and attacked by 4 guys), but disrespecting the guy in front of his girl was a bad move.

I think some guys get on this forum and take everything a little bit too much to heart. Trying to overcompensate and act "alpha" in every situation. Like MikeCF said, there is no need to be a dick and act like a tough guy, this is basically asking for trouble.

Yeah you don't want to be a push over beta pussy, who get's walked all over, but there is no need to be disrespectful to others. She didn't like your game and has a BF, get over it, and move on to the next one.

You were trying to keep your ego in tact, but now your face isn't.

She may have pushed you, that was unnecessary and she was in the wrong, but pushing her just threw gasoline on the fire.

We should all know in this feminist society/culture/legal system, that 90% of the time regardless of what a woman did, the man will be held accountable in a physical confrontation.

Like G-Man said, lesson learned, charge it to the game. Hit the weights, take a martial arts class, and stop institigating conflicts.

Fourthed...

Quote: (03-03-2012 03:33 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Oh yeah, and how can you get a "false rape charge" for being accused of trying to grab a girls ass. Sexual harassment and rape are two very different things. I am pretty sure rape is 100X worse, to be charged with "rape" I'm pretty sure you'd have to do some extreme shit, like attack her, pin her to the ground, rip her clothes off, etc. I think you might be building mountains out of mole hills on that one.

Her threat was not empty.

Outside the clothes touching can be sexual assault, depending on the state law.

By the way:

Do you even know the guy's name?

Does he have money?

And no disrespect, we've all been there, are you just having day-after remorse because they made you look like a fool?

Aloha!

Go find them. What are you waiting for? Find the girl too and fuck her up.

Yeah I agree with everyone saying you F'd up. Starting trouble with a guy is a real sign of insecurity. Real G's play it cool. You don't know who someone really is or what they might be capable of doing so always be coolheaded in situations. If you fuck with people, you better be prepared for what may come. This advice is exponentially true in a bar. How many bar fight stories have you heard about? A woman is almost always involved.

I can't say I feel sorry for you because you started trouble with another man. The fact that he's with a girl you wanted to talk to alone should establish a basic level of respect.

I agree with the general consensus of the other posters, tough lesson learned.

One thing you should NEVER do after getting into a heated argument like that in a bar is to turn your back to them, especially if you're within striking distance, I've seen guys get bottled like that.

Someone (MikeCF, El Mechanico,?) really should write up a sheet on bar room etiquette and how not to get your ass kicked when you find yourself in a situation like this!

I did write about this..
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-5219.h...=bar+fight

We like bar fighting here. The first place I went to had 2 ambulances out front and 5 cop cars. The second had four. It was on all night nonstop. Lots of pussy too.

sir_seducer
Banned

i will fuck the guy ..if he mess up with my girl .

LOL

The cops took their IDs down. Find the info even if you have to get a lawyer to do it. Then get back to me.

Quote: (03-03-2012 02:40 PM)travolta Wrote:  

the girl ... pushed me, and ... I pushed her back (pushed her arm away). Next ... 4 guys pulled my shirt over my head and hit me in the face 3 times.

Obviously I declined pressing charges ... Now my face is swollen, I have stitches in my nose, and my nose is probably broken. Luckily I didn't suffer from any head injuries or broken face bones.

This sounds pretty minor. You got punched only three times and are a little swollen. Put an ice pack on it.

From a legal standpoint, you declined pressing charges and there is no evidence. It's over.

Maybe other guys should comment on bar deportment and strategy when a women gets obnoxious. Offhand spilling a drink on her seems more appropriate than pushing.

This is how true Veteran G's act.

I will walk away in almost every circumstance.

I am probably the most level headed, friendly cat you will see in any bar I am in.

My Latvia fight stories where situations were I was attacked. I had no choice in each instance but to protect myself. Hell, in the one I was "Karate Chopped" from behind, I didn't even escalate it.

I am not going to let some dork spilling a drink on me or stepping on my loafers ruin my night.

After all, when I step out into the night, my goal isn't to fight.

My goal involves a female (or more) and a shared alarm clock.

I won't add to the dogpile on top of the OP, even though I agree 110 percent with the consensus. I'd add a few insights:

-His frustration seems to stem from the girl escalating the situation (as we all know they're fond of doing) after it seemed over. It also wasn't a fair fight, with four sausage beating him down.

-That said, he created the hostility by trying to "tool" the guy. This we all agree was a dumb-ass move. After this, he had something coming to him, even if it wasn't a four-man beat down.

-In the end, learn these valuable phrases. They will serve you well:

"My bad."
"No disrespect."
"Sorry about that."
"I didn't realize."

Back peddling isn't a sign of being punked. If you're wrong, back up and acknowledge it. If a guy still seems hostile or doesn't seem to come down after this, hit him hard or leave. Don't linger in the middle.

- Don't lose track of a conflicting party for the rest of the night--no matter how diffused or innocuous the disagreement seemed.

-If a girl pushes you and you're going to push her back, you might as well punch her full-strength in the face and the run the fuck away; because the consequences will be virtually the same.

-Next time, listen to Bas Rutten

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

What part of the country are you in? Big or large city? If you pulled that stuff in Miami or NYC it's almost expected they'd want to fight. West coast not so much.

I just re-read this. You said your friend was a witness. Why was he not kicking some ass? You also said your shirt got pulled and you got punched in the face that's a classic hockey fight move done by one guy not four. Who called the cops? If the bouncers broke it up quick they didn't call. Who does that leave?

Here's your mistake. The girl pushed you and told you what to do. It was on right there. You should have got in her face right there and let the whole thing go full circle from that point. She knew her boyfriend was going to come for you. You should have known it too.

What city did this take place?