rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Million Dollar Diamond Headphones

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/style-po...-star-game

Too bad the only thing worth 1 million dollars is the actual diamonds on the headphones, take the Diamonds off, and I would buy those Dre headsets for 20 bucks, they suck!!!

Quote: (02-28-2012 12:37 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Too bad the only thing worth 1 million dollars is the actual diamonds on the headphones, take the Diamonds off, and I would buy those Dre headsets for 20 bucks, they suck!!!

I never tried a pair on, but I watched the game and thought it looked a bit bizarre. These folks tend to agree with you:

http://gizmodo.com/5888593/lil-wayne-wea...headphones

Beats by Dre are some of the most overpriced, cheap and useless headphones out there. Lil wayne looks like something from an Isaac Asimov novel in that pic.

What is even funnier is that he is wearing $1M headphones, but he is wearing $20USD NEFF sunglasses [Image: lol.gif]

Mixx

You see a lot of Dre headsets here in the LA inner city buses, Best Buy bus stop ad campaign was successful apparently

Quote: (02-28-2012 12:37 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Even that is questionable. I don't know much about diamond prices, but some Googling reveals that 1 carat diamonds of exceptional quality can go for up to $5k. The link says that these headphones contain 114 carats worth of diamonds. That only gets you to just under $600k. It could be made with more diamonds of smaller size, but I'm pretty sure that 2 half-carat diamonds are worth less than a one carat diamond of the same quality.

Basically, this is a publicity stunt. Beats gets some jeweler to trick out a pair of headphones and then they just decide that they're worth $1 million. Of course, retail diamond prices are all bullshit in the first place. Has there ever been a bigger scam pulled on the world than diamonds?

Am I the only person in the world that's ever heard of Sennheiser headphones. Those things take Dres out behind the wood shed and rape 'em. Plus you don't look like a wigger who does all his shopping based on glossy magazine ads.

Good call on the Sennheiser, have some in-ear noise canceling that are pretty good. Also check out etymoic - I've heard some good things about them. Honestly though I dont wear headphones that often and cannot justify the price, my Sennheisers were a gift, I usually just buy average in-ears for around $10.

Are Beats by Dre cheap in the states? Here in Australia they are about the same as Sennheiser but not as pricey as the also massively over hyped and advertised Bose. You pay for the advertising and brand recognition rather than quality.

'I blew most of my money on fast cars, booze and women. The rest I squandered' - George Best