rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

People with bad attitudes

A female friend helped me with something last month so I took her out to eat last weekend. She used to smoke me out and put food in my tummy back in the day so I've always kept her around. I like helping people who treat me good. She's always had a little attitude but what American girl doesn't? A real smart ass person who never seems to be happy.

She ended up crossing the line at the restaurant and I left her ass there. Long story short - she tried to school me on my college classes and future plans, laughed when I opened up about wanting to see the world and considering Canadian oil work, asked why I would get covered in tattoos if they don't have deep meanings. The final straw was when she made smart ass comments about me not looking over the receipt before I gave up my card. I guess I used to put up with bad attitudes and smart asses because I used to have one. Now, I have no reason to be pissed and talking shit to everyone. I asked her why she was always mad and she looked surprised but said loud enough for people around us to hear "its annoys me when people do stupid things or ask me questions more than once". She was mumbling the whole night and I kept telling her to repeat herself. I thought about it and asked myself if I paid her back enough for everything she did. I told her to get her own ride home and to delete my number because I don't need bullshit in my life.

I don't think I'm wrong for getting negativity out of my life. I can't be around people with shitty attitudes anymore. It brings me down and makes me act like them. I didn't do this sooner, because I didn't want to be an asshole to someone wh once helped me out. Life is to short to walk around angry. How do y'all deal with negative people?

Quote: (02-27-2012 11:01 PM)houston Wrote:  

A female friend helped me with something last month so I took her out to eat last weekend. She used to smoke me out and put food in my tummy back in the day so I've always kept her around. I like helping people who treat me good. She's always had a little attitude but what American girl doesn't? A real smart ass person who never seems to be happy.

She ended up crossing the line at the restaurant and I left her ass there. Long story short - she tried to school me on my college classes and future plans, laughed when I opened up about wanting to see the world and considering Canadian oil work, asked why I would get covered in tattoos if they don't have deep meanings. The final straw was when she made smart ass comments about me not looking over the receipt before I gave up my card. I guess I used to put up with bad attitudes and smart asses because I used to have one. Now, I have no reason to be pissed and talking shit to everyone. I asked her why she was always mad and she looked surprised but said loud enough for people around us to hear "its annoys me when people do stupid things or ask me questions more than once". She was mumbling the whole night and I kept telling her to repeat herself. I thought about it and asked myself if I paid her back enough for everything she did. I told her to get her own ride home and to delete my number because I don't need bullshit in my life.

I don't think I'm wrong for getting negativity out of my life. I can't be around people with shitty attitudes anymore. It brings me down and makes me act like them. I didn't do this sooner, because I didn't want to be an asshole to someone wh once helped me out. Life is to short to walk around angry. How do y'all deal with negative people?

you did the right thing. sounds like one of those vampire type "friends." though you gotta be open to some constructive advice now and then, real friends dont shove it down your throat and patronize you

She'll be calling you to fuck any minute now. Tell her to dress like a prostitute or stay home

You did the right thing. Let us know when she comes back, and break it down.

Some people are just toxic and project that negativity into the world at anyone who'll listen. Usually it's lost souls with no direction or sense of self who are the prime audience. She's lost too and lonely and misery loves company. That's why she does it. It's easier to bring people down to her level than it is to improve herself and be happy. She's a big fish in a small pond type of person. Probably never been anywhere too far out of town. Sounds like you've grown past all this kinda stuff. If you have it in you to help a friend and pull her out of the craziness then do it. Otherwise cut your losses and go your separate ways. People grow apart all the time.

Or just hit it like mechanico says [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos

Quote: (02-27-2012 11:26 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Some people are just toxic and project that negativity into the world at anyone who'll listen. Usually it's lost souls with no direction or sense of self who are the prime audience. She's lost too and lonely and misery loves company. That's why she does it. It's easier to bring people down to her level than it is to improve herself and be happy. She's a big fish in a small pond type of person. Probably never been anywhere too far out of town. Sounds like you've grown past all this kinda stuff. If you have it in you to help a friend and pull her out of the craziness then do it. Otherwise cut your losses and go your separate ways. People grow apart all the time.

Or just hit it like mechanico says [Image: lol.gif]

Parlay, you nailed it in your response above. +1 for that.

Thanks for the rep point Smitty. I had a real shitty childhood and grew up around people like this. I always felt like something was wrong and I needed to get away from it. When you're immersed in it it just feels normal. The only way to fix it is to travel and see how other people live. Then it all makes sense. Therapy helps too. It's good to talk to someone outside of your circle with a clear head.

Team Nachos