rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Deported Colombians Making Moves Back Home

http://www.expat-chronicles.com/2012/02/...ve-things/

I'm all for someone making the best of a shitty situation (legally), but honestly, in Colombia, getting these types of hairstyles is like performing SOCIAL and PROFESSIONAL suicide. Hell, even if you are a taxi driver, clients will opt for another cab thinking you are a street thug out to rob them. Forget about working for the top tier corporation in Colombia.

The top tier 8+ Colombian women want guys that look like David Beckham, Enrique Iglesias or Channing Tatum. How do I know? because I hang out with mostly models from Studio F in Medellin, or some sort of Model or high-ranking female executive. In other words, you will get more attention from MEN than women!

You also do not get a lot respect anywhere you go outside of the ghetto neighborhoods, you are automatically labeled "low-class trash". It is what it is.

That hairstyle in Colombia, would be the equivalent of you getting a swastika tattoo on your forehead in America.

Even if that guy was filthy Rich, he'd still get no respect in Colombia and be labeled a Narco.

Colombia is not ready for this hairstyle anymore than we are ready for a female president. Not saying they don't exist, obviously they do, and his market is very narrow, but enough to make him an honest living, and that alone, gets my respect for turning shit to gold in his favor.

Mixx

Quote: (02-21-2012 11:58 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

I'm all for someone making the best of a shitty situation (legally), but honestly, in Colombia, getting these types of hairstyles is like performing SOCIAL and PROFESSIONAL suicide. Hell, even if you are a taxi driver, clients will opt for another cab thinking you are a street thug out to rob them. Forget about working for the top tier corporation in Colombia.

The top tier 8+ Colombian women want guys that look like David Beckham, Enrique Iglesias or Channing Tatum. How do I know? because I hang out with mostly models from Studio F in Medellin, or some sort of Model or high-ranking female executive. In other words, you will get more attention from MEN than women!

You also do not get a lot respect anywhere you go outside of the ghetto neighborhoods, you are automatically labeled "low-class trash". It is what it is.

That hairstyle in Colombia, would be the equivalent of you getting a swastika tattoo on your forehead in America.

Even if that guy was filthy Rich, he'd still get no respect in Colombia and be labeled a Narco.

Colombia is not ready for this hairstyle anymore than we are ready for a female president. Not saying they don't exist, obviously they do, and his market is very narrow, but enough to make him an honest living, and that alone, gets my respect for turning shit to gold in his favor.

Mixx

That hairstyle is looked down upon in most of N.A too, I don't really see the difference

I saw this post when HC posted it and thought, cool I walked by that place a couple of times when I was staying Chapinero back in January, good to see the guy is doing well, I didn´t bother watching the videos.

So yesterday I came back to Bogota to study after partying my ass off in Cali and the Caribbean coast, of course I didn´t bother booking a hotel but I needed a place to ditch my luggage while I looked for a hotel, I decided to go to the barber shop I wrote about I my Bogota data sheet: (http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-10318....ght=bogota)

I said to the Barber, Sio, "hey man, I saw this article with videos on-line about the 305 barber shop in Chapinero, you know that place?´

He says ´ya bro I used to work there, lets see the vids´

Sure enough my barber Sio is in the main video, he´s the guy wearing the O´Neal jersey cutting hair beside Jessy, he´s also in the CityTV at the 0:18 mark. Apparently him and Jessy had some beef so he moved to New Era, about 7 blocks away.

Also, I guess a couple a Roosh readers have been into New Era in the past few weeks and told them their friend from Nova Scotia told them to come. Sio bought me lunch and helped me get a good deal on a hotel yesterday (non gringo prices!), again guys if you need a decent cut for 8K and any help from a bilingual colombian, check this place out.

Quote: (02-29-2012 10:13 AM)scotian Wrote:  

I saw this post when HC posted it and thought, cool I walked by that place a couple of times when I was staying Chapinero back in January, good to see the guy is doing well, I didn´t bother watching the videos.

So yesterday I came back to Bogota to study after partying my ass off in Cali and the Caribbean coast, of course I didn´t bother booking a hotel but I needed a place to ditch my luggage while I looked for a hotel, I decided to go to the barber shop I wrote about I my Bogota data sheet: (http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-10318....ght=bogota)

I said to the Barber, Sio, "hey man, I saw this article with videos on-line about the 305 barber shop in Chapinero, you know that place?´

He says ´ya bro I used to work there, lets see the vids´

Sure enough my barber Sio is in the main video, he´s the guy wearing the O´Neal jersey cutting hair beside Jessy, he´s also in the CityTV at the 0:18 mark. Apparently him and Jessy had some beef so he moved to New Era, about 7 blocks away.

Also, I guess a couple a Roosh readers have been into New Era in the past few weeks and told them their friend from Nova Scotia told them to come. Sio bought me lunch and helped me get a good deal on a hotel yesterday (non gringo prices!), again guys if you need a decent cut for 8K and any help from a bilingual colombian, check this place out.

Scotian, seriously, you got one of these wild haircuts yourself? Really?

What did you get, a Canadian with hockey stick bashing someone's skull? [Image: lol.gif]

Mixx

No Mixx, no crazy hair-do for me, just the same style I´ve been rocking for the past 15 years or so. There was a chick in there though getting some fucked up wild style with writing on the side of her head, not the most attravtive thing I´ve ever seen.

Man its good to be back in Bogota after being in Barranquilla and Santa Marta for 2 weeks, I walked around Chapinero for an hour or so last night and saw more hotter women than I did in my entire time on the coast, I wish I was joking. My neck is probably gonna snap when I hit up Medellin!

Quote: (02-29-2012 12:17 PM)scotian Wrote:  

My neck is probably gonna snap when I hit up Medellin!

I'll be in Medellin the week of April 1st for 1 week, maybe 2 weeks. PM me if you plan on being there, or want to meet up in Cali (again) with Wedo and I on March 22nd.

How was BAQ?

Mixx

Man its good to be back in Bogota after being in Barranquilla and Santa Marta for 2 weeks, I walked around Chapinero for an hour or so last night and saw more hotter women than I did in my entire time on the coast, I wish I was joking.

Really?

Bogota dominated Santa Marta and Baranquilla that much?

Quote: (02-29-2012 01:23 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Man its good to be back in Bogota after being in Barranquilla and Santa Marta for 2 weeks, I walked around Chapinero for an hour or so last night and saw more hotter women than I did in my entire time on the coast, I wish I was joking.

Really?

Bogota dominated Santa Marta and Baranquilla that much?

It really depends on the eye of the beholder. I have always written about how Costenas are NOT the prettiest, or anywhere near most beautiful of Colombianas. However, they are the FRIENDLIEST, AND MOST DTF of Colombia hands down!

If you like whiter looking women, Bogota is your spot. If you like more the mulatta, or darker skin, then the coastline is your place.

Bogota is a melting pot of EVERY CITY IN COLOMBIA, therefore, more beautiful girls walking around, but higher bitch shields when compared to Cali, BAQ, MDE.

Mixx

Some of those darker skinned women on the Carib coast have some of the nicest, smoothest and exotic skin/complexion I've ever seen.

BAQ during Carnaval was really fun, I had a blast there with a couple of other forum members (Rasta87 and 20nation). The Carnaval itself was pretty intense, we partied pretty hard for about a week straight, but I wouldn't personally want to spend more than a week there, especially outside of Carnaval.

I also had a pretty hard time understanding the local accent with my mediocre Spanish, Bogota is a much better city to study in, for me. That being said, the others guys really liked the city, 20nation is doing well there with the ladies and his studies and I"m pretty sure rasta87 is going to end up moving there sometime soon, thats how much he liked the Costenas.

I'll drop some better info in a BAQ carnaval data sheet sometime in the next few days.

Mixx, I'm gonna be in Bogota studying hard for the next month, I was planning on hitting up MDE for a week or so in early April before heading to Cartagena where I fly to Miami on April 12th, hopefully we can meet up. I'd love to go back to Cali with you and WEDO but I gotta focus on the studies for a bit, my month there and on the coast did some serious damage to my bank account and liver!