rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any hockey fans in the house?

Just thought I'd create a thread for hockey related stuff.

Unfortunately I don't live in a market with an NHL or even an AHL team, ECHL is all we've got. I follow the last-place Columbus Blue Jackets almost religiously though, since they're the closest NHL market. Currently waiting to see what they're gonna do with Rick Nash.

I still follow Anaheim when I can. NHL on NBC every other week or so also helps me get my hockey fix.

I'm planning a couple of road trips for next season to visit different cities and see different teams, possibly to tie in with a college town road trip I'm also plotting for next academic year.

So, who's a hockey fan on this forum? What teams do you follow?

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Yes , Hardcore Habs fan here .

Lived near Toronto my whole life, so I'm a leafs fan by geography, but I get so sick of management and diehard leafs fans.

I had an argument with a guy last night and his 2 main points for the leafs not being shit was that Lupol and Kessel were top 10 scorers, and they were ahead of Montreal.

I have family in Montreal and have been to more habs games than leafs in my life, one of my greatest live sporting experiences was watching the habs beat the pens in the '10 playoffs

Hey fellas. Watching NHL on NBC today, Bruins vs. Rangers. Sitting around the apartment with a case of beer, frozen pizza, salsa and chips. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon, after a Saturday night bender.

I suppose while watching hockey you guys can get hold of these, can't ya?

[Image: molsoncanadian2.jpg][Image: labattblue3.jpg]

Can't seem to find any 40 oz. bottles of either, in this part of the USA. Got hooked on the two watching ECHL games at the local arena - beer special nights, 24 oz. for $2.00

Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Hockey fan here, I don't follow the NHL as much as I used to when I was younger but the Blackhawks are my team. I used to go for the Quebec Nordiques but after they left for Colorado I had to pick a new team and went with Chicago.

I love international hockey, especially world juniors and the Olympics, I'll never forget that goal Crosby scored in OT against team USA at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, what a nail biter that game was, the crowd at the sports bar I was at in Edmonton went INSANE.

one of the best parts about ice hockey, what other pro sport out there can two guys duke it out bare fisted? Also, hockey players are tough as nails, unlike soccer players, a guy will catch a puck in the mouth, lose a few teeth or get a big gash on his forehead from a puck, skate or fist and be back on the ice in 3 minutes!

I grew up in Edmonton during their dynasty, so even though I am a Vancouver guy now, I still like to see the Oil do well.

I usually go to 4 or 5 Canucks games a year. I dont really watch much hockey on TV, but sometimes I will go to the pub to watch an Edmonton vs Calgary or Vancouver vs Edmonton game. I do watch the playoffs every year. Its the most grueling tournament around and I love to see the cup get hoisted.

I have been to a few Malmo Redhawks games here in Sweden. The regular season just ended and playoffs are coming up.

Quote:Quote:

I wouldnt mind getting a hold of some Blue. Especially for $2 (beers at the games in Sweden are $9)

Molson only during the game because they own my team . This year they have a disgustful after taste .

Quote: (03-04-2012 02:04 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Hockey fan here, I don't follow the NHL as much as I used to when I was younger but the Blackhawks are my team. I used to go for the Quebec Nordiques but after they left for Colorado I had to pick a new team and went with Chicago.

I love international hockey, especially world juniors and the Olympics, I'll never forget that goal Crosby scored in OT against team USA at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, what a nail biter that game was, the crowd at the sports bar I was at in Edmonton went INSANE.

one of the best parts about ice hockey, what other pro sport out there can two guys duke it out bare fisted? ...

I was born in the late 80's so I wasn't paying too much attention to hockey through '95 when the Nordiques played their last game.Cool that you're able to remember following a now-relocated/defunct team. I guess you saw that Adam Foote retired?

Quick aside, I got into hockey in the late 90's. My first hockey game was the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks vs. the Hershey Bears in October 1998's season opener.

I've wanted to start collecting vintage hockey jerseys, the Nordiques are on my list of must-haves. Great logo. Right now my only jersey is an Anaheim Mighty Ducks, acquired when the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks were still playing a few miles from my home. I miss that team.

And, truth spoken about hockey fights. I've seen a few good ones in my time. A couple notable ECHL ones this season, including a line brawl vs. Chicago Express on 12-22-2011:

Quote: (03-04-2012 02:21 PM)Laner Wrote:  

I have been to a few Malmo Redhawks games here in Sweden. The regular season just ended and playoffs are coming up.

I wouldnt mind getting a hold of some Blue. Especially for $2 (beers at the games in Sweden are $9)

$9 for a beer is simply extortion. The local Reds and Bengals charge $7-$8 for a 12 oz. bottle, which I simply refuse to pay. Better to pre-game beforehand if you ask me.

By the way, do the Swedish leagues allow fighting?

Quote: (03-04-2012 06:11 PM)Alfonzo Wrote:  

Molson only during the game because they own my team . This year they have a disgustful after taste.

Didn't know about Molson completely owning the Habs until reading up on it this evening, inspired by your post. Interesting. I'd never even tried it until this year, when the Cyclones have it on beer special nights.

I was born and raised in and around Edmonton, so I bleed copper and blue.

I'm lucky enough to have gotten season seats up in the nose bleeds before the seat registry started. I've had them for over 5+ seasons and it's been a rough few years. Two years in last place and this year we'll be in second last the way things are shaping up. But with all that suffering comes some great hockey players, watching Hall and The NUGE grow over the next few years is gonna be a ton of fun. This year has been a whole lot more fun than the previous year because you can see the future is bright for the Oil.

This season it's also been fun to watch the Jets coming back home, watching and listening to the atmosphere out in the Peg reminds me of how electric Northlands was during the Oilers 05-06 Stanley Cup run.

Also, check out this cool vid about how they created a special brew for the Winnipeg Jets here at the brewery in Edmonton:
"On October 9th, 2011, after fifteen years, the Winnipeg Jets made their return to Canada. In celebration of this historic event, Budweiser created three sealed vessels with water collected from different iconic Winnipeg locations. As fans entered the MTS Centre for the inaugural game, they touched this water and honoured it with their best wishes for the season. Before the game, a portion of this honoured water was poured onto the ice ensuring the spirit of Winnipeg remains forever in the ice. The remaining water was brewed into a special limited edition brew celebrating the strong spirit and hopes of the entire city of Winnipeg. On March 1st, 2012 Budweiser and the fans at the MTS Centre will make history again with an epic toast raised immediately after the 2nd period to celebrate the Jets fans and the beer brewed in their honour."

Wasn't allowed to add a hyperlink because I don't have 10 posts yet but check out the documentary, it's on youtube and it should be the first thing you see if you search "Budweiser - Jets Fan Brew - Pride of Winnipeg"

MSW2007: now that's what I call a good hockey fight, nothing beats a good brawl with a bunch of players beating the pulp out of each other!

One of the shitty things about being a hockey fan in Canada, especially Toronto, is that its so damn expensive to go to a game. I've been living in Alberta for 5 years now (Calgary and Etown) and never went to a game, simply because I don't want to pay $150 for a ticket then $10/beer and the overpriced food (I can be a bit stingy with certain things).

I actually went to my first NHL game (Tampa vs Montreal) just this year with my dad and a few of his retired buddies, we paid $35 a ticket for nosebleed, but were able to move into better, empty seats. I recommend to any Canadian who doesn't want to pay the high ticket prices to go Florida and check out some games.

Also, my dad being the smooth talking cheap ass that he is (must be where I get it from) talked one of the beer vendors at the Tampa arena into selling us $1 pints of draught. Basically, we paid the $9 price for the first one, then went back to the same chick and would sell us $1 pints and pocket the money, not sure if that'll work elsewhere but its worth a try, now there's an "insider secret" that could belong in a "members only" forum post!

Quote: (03-05-2012 06:41 PM)scotian Wrote:  

MSW2007: now that's what I call a good hockey fight, nothing beats a good brawl with a bunch of players beating the pulp out of each other!

One of the shitty things about being a hockey fan in Canada, especially Toronto, is that its so damn expensive to go to a game. I've been living in Alberta for 5 years now (Calgary and Etown) and never went to a game, simply because I don't want to pay $150 for a ticket then $10/beer and the overpriced food (I can be a bit stingy with certain things).

I actually went to my first NHL game (Tampa vs Montreal) just this year with my dad and a few of his retired buddies, we paid $35 a ticket for nosebleed, but were able to move into better, empty seats. I recommend to any Canadian who doesn't want to pay the high ticket prices to go Florida and check out some games.

DEFINITELY!!!! Major sporting events can be so prohibitively expensive. Here in Cincinnati we have the NFL Bengals, nosebleed seats in a half billion dollar (taxpayer-funded) stadium start out around $50-$60. Beer is $7.75 per 12 oz. bottle. And the team hasn't done anything noteworthy in a LONG time!!!

If you're ever here in Ohio, go see a Blue Jackets game in Columbus. Ticket packages start out at $25 per seat sometimes, and two miles or three miles north is the Ohio State University - home to around 40,000 bitches ages 18-25.

Ever go to AHL or other minor professional games? You've got the Marlies in Toronto for instance, the only team playing in the same city as their NHL affiliate. I think that's pretty cool.

Quote: (03-05-2012 06:41 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Also, my dad being the smooth talking cheap ass that he is (must be where I get it from) talked one of the beer vendors at the Tampa arena into selling us $1 pints of draught. Basically, we paid the $9 price for the first one, then went back to the same chick and would sell us $1 pints and pocket the money, not sure if that'll work elsewhere but its worth a try, now there's an "insider secret" that could belong in a "members only" forum post!

Pretty smooth! That could probably work for me since I tend to be a heavy tipper anyway, and the beer vendors at the local arena love for me it. Tampa girl could make decent spending money doing that, especially since the Arena management can't count servings against income like they could with bottles.

Quote: (03-05-2012 04:59 PM)kassam Wrote:  

"On October 9th, 2011, after fifteen years, the Winnipeg Jets made their return to Canada. In celebration of this historic event, Budweiser created three sealed vessels with water collected from different iconic Winnipeg locations. As fans entered the MTS Centre for the inaugural game, they touched this water and honoured it with their best wishes for the season. Before the game, a portion of this honoured water was poured onto the ice ensuring the spirit of Winnipeg remains forever in the ice. The remaining water was brewed into a special limited edition brew celebrating the strong spirit and hopes of the entire city of Winnipeg. On March 1st, 2012 Budweiser and the fans at the MTS Centre will make history again with an epic toast raised immediately after the 2nd period to celebrate the Jets fans and the beer brewed in their honour."

Wasn't allowed to add a hyperlink because I don't have 10 posts yet but check out the documentary, it's on youtube and it should be the first thing you see if you search "Budweiser - Jets Fan Brew - Pride of Winnipeg"

Here's the video you were speaking of, embedded:

I'm on a shitty computer at the moment, gonna watch the video a little later when I move back over to my main machine. By the way, welcome to the forum!

Hardcore Bruins fans. My winters are an emotional rollercoasters as a result

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Started playing at age 5. I've been a goalie my whole life. Unfortunately this is the first winter since I hung up the pads.

Since WI doesn't have a pro team, I'm more of a bandwagon fan. I recently have been cheering for teams with former UW players though.

Diehard canucks fan, born and raised in Vancouver, was with them when they sucked and with them now...looking forward to the playoffs and redemption...

I wouldn't call myself diehard, but I'm a pretty big Avalanche fan, though not to the extent I was as a kid when they first came from Quebec. Man that team was dirty as hell back then and I'll never forget those crazy Avs-Red Wings games when both teams were the shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7DlAjrhm9s

By the way, do the Swedish leagues allow fighting?

No but there are a few Canadian guys that push it about as far as it can go. The last home game Malmo was being stomped 4-1 and a Quebecois brother started some pretty good shit.

Its a big difference in energy. There is usually about 15 minutes of the game where no plays are happening and the place can get quiet. This is where a fight would get teams back into it and change some momentum up.

There is nothing like NHL hockey though. Not even close.

I've been playing (non-ice) hockey for a few years now. I'm usually a goalie.

Go Leafs Go!!

They won't make the playoff ... again [Image: wink.gif]

Quote: (03-04-2012 01:55 PM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

Hey fellas. Watching NHL on NBC today, Bruins vs. Rangers. Sitting around the apartment with a case of beer, frozen pizza, salsa and chips. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon, after a Saturday night bender.

[Image: molsoncanadian2.jpg][Image: labattblue3.jpg]

Can't seem to find any 40 oz. bottles of either, in this part of the USA. Got hooked on the two watching ECHL games at the local arena - beer special nights, 24 oz. for $2.00

Growing up in the Detroit area, I guess I take two things for granted: Great hockey and my ability to get Labatt and Molson at any time.

Hockeys my job for now, hopefully it'll stay that way. Only down side is playing in Siberia [Image: dodgy.gif]. Red Wings fan!

Well fellas, tomorrow is the third-to-last NHL on NBC game for this regular season. Depending on your viewing area I think, you'll either be watching Penguins vs. Flyers or Capitals vs. Blackhawks.

I've already got a case of beer, salsa and chips, and a frozen pizza ready to go. Probably chill with one of my good friends to drunkenly scream at grown men on the television.

Couple hours after that game goes off I'll be watching the Blue Jackets vs. Flames. Tonight the Jackets are playing the Canucks.

In other news, I should be attending my first ECHL playoff game next month.

Quote: (03-07-2012 01:15 PM)BrownBear Wrote:  

Hockeys my job for now, hopefully it'll stay that way. Only down side is playing in Siberia [Image: dodgy.gif]. Red Wings fan!

Got some good stories?

Decided to bump this thread with a few updates. Not trying to do this:

[Image: smiley_beat_dead_horse2.gif]

[Image: lol.gif] [Image: lol.gif]

Anyways. Saw this picture last night on facebook and found it to be hilarious:

[Image: tumblr_m1surrHfvx1qc34mko1_1280.jpg?AWSA...KS4GWE4%3D]

Then I wake up this morning and see that my brother sent it to me via text message (we're both hockey fans), then I come on the RooshV Forum and see that MidniteSpecial posted it in a thread titled Pro Athelete Game:

[Image: lol.gif]

Anyways, a few interesting things from hockey recently:

1.) Faceoff brawl between the New York Rangers and the New Jersey Devils on March 19th. 3 fights break out about 3 seconds into the game! [Image: exclamation.gif]

Here's the video:

2.) The 4/1/11 NHL on NBC game between the Flyers and the Penguins was pretty contentious. Some video:

3.) The last NHL on NBC game is next Saturday (April 7th). Depending on what market you're in, there's like 4 games you might see... Sabres vs. Boston, Capitals vs. Rangers, Flyers vs. Pittsburgh, or Red Wings vs. Blackhawks

Finally, I thought I'd be attending an ECHL playoff game this week, but it ain't gonna happen. The Cincinnati Cyclones won their last two regular season games, but the only way for them to get in the ECHL playoffs was for Reading to lose too... Reading won. Ah well, always next year. On the positive side, we kept Chicago from going to the playoffs too.

Time for the play-offs! Who do you guys like in the first round?

I'll go, Rangers in 7, Bruins in 5, Devils in 6 and Penguins in 7 for the east. Then Kings in 7, Blues in 6, Coyotes in 7 and Wings in 6 in the west.

The owner of my company (Broadcom) owns the Aneheim Ducks. I get free tickets sometimes its pretty cool.

Don't give them what they expect, and you'll get from them what you never expected.