rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Place with the best food

Place with the best food

I like traveling for the girls, the culture and the food.

Trying different flavors, spices makes me learn more about the culture of the place that I am in.

I like NYC for the variety and because you could try almost any cuisine in the world in the same city.

I don't like DC's food options, just the "Greek Deli", the best greek food that I have tried so far, on 18th between L and M, if I remember correctly.

In Lisbon I had "Pastei do belem", they claim to be the only place with the recipe, a sweet dessert.

So my question for you guys, where is the place where you have eaten the best?

Place with the best food

Not in any particular order:

NYC - too much to write about (I have written data sheets if you want specifics)
Chicago - epic
SF - all around
New Orleans - creole food. mindblowing
Spain - Barcelona, Alicante, San Sebastian, Santander
France - Paris, Biarritz
San Diego - taco shops
Miami - Cuban spots
Montreal - real good. Foie gras

Honorable Mention:

Sydney - kebabs, real fresh produce.
Argentina - real good
Colombia - I dug it
Las Vegas - high end
London - high end

Place with the best food

GMan, where have you been in Chicago? I am looking to venture to new restaurants here. I've explored a lot of the popular ones but would love your advice after a great call on Raoul's.

Place with the best food

If you want home cooking go to Austin Texas. They have epic bbq and southern food like fried chicken, chicken fried steak, cornbread, fried okra, chicken and dumplings, the list goes on.

Place with the best food

Best places I've tried outside north america:
Istanbul: good street food, didn't eat anything I didn't like. Very exotic.
Paris: hurts the wallet

Place with the best food

Tokyo- Never been anywhere that competes
Vancouver- I love fresh northern Pacific seafood
Mexico City- Mexican food is just so tasty
Rome, Bologna, Trieste- I love sitting down for an Italian meal, in Italy
Barcelona- Just like I love sitting down in Italy, I love the whole Spanish way of eating

Place with the best food

For me Thailand, so delicious and light.

Worst so far is Ukraine hands down.

Place with the best food

Places with food I loved that havent been mentioned yet:

Sao Paolo, Brazil: great, well, everything, but particularly japanese food and pizza.
Laos: incredible local food and also great french food! Check out L'Elephant in Luang Prabang. Proper baguettes for breakfast, very unusual and much appreciated when travelling in asia.
New Zealand: great seafood, great lamb. Lots of asian stuff (Rasa on Cuba St in Wellington, goat curry!). Best Indian food ive ever eaten outside India was in Auckland (specifically this place http://www.paradisetakeaway.co.nz)

Place with the best food

Tokyo

Shanghai, Beijing, Chengdu, and numerous other cities in China

Lima-best ceviche on the planet

Houston- people are fat for a reason, international city that nobody respects (30% Hispanic, 3rd largest Vietnamese pop in US, 4th largest Chinese pop in US)

New Orleans

Place with the best food

Best meal of my life was in Kalaw, Burma. A place called "Nepali Food Center." (of course it was Nepali food, not Burmese). Holy shit it was delicious.

Laos has good food.

Thailand has awesome food

Best hummus I've ever had was in Israel

I can tell you a bunch of good places to eat in NYC and northern NJ.

Place with the best food

I wonder if the thread needs an offshoot.

A "restaurant" with the best food thread.

This is almost so vague and general it is information that could be found on wikipedia.

Place with the best food

1. Malaysia (no contest)
2. Lebanon (a strong second)
3. San Francisco
4. Vietnam
5. Thailand
6. Istanbul, Turkey
7. Tokyo, Japan
8. NYC
9. Sri Lanka
10. Mexico

I excluded western Europe, but I remember London, Paris, and all of Italy were really good. Also, in Zimbabwe for whatever reason I thought the food was really good, but maybe I just got lucky. Ex Portuguese colonies also usually have good seafood i.e. East Timor, Macau, Mozambique, Brazil.

Place with the best food

yeah specific restaurants would make more sense. I think that you can find good and bad food in almost ANY country. Thailand has great food, but maybe 70% of what I ate was street food. Most of the food was awesome, but I also got food poisoning for 5 days from this food stall in the BKK train station.. It's hard to make a solid recommendation when we're talking about street food.

NYC:
-Old Homestead steak house- $40 kobe beef hamburgers. Outrageously delicious food, not for broke people. Located on 9th ave & 14th St.
-TACO TRUCK- I eat at this place pretty often. It's a small food truck on 14th St & 8th Ave. I usually eat here when I'm drunk at 3am. I eat there when I'm sober too.
-I don't know the name of the place, but they serve Yemenite food. Go to Atlantic Ave (by Court St.) in downtown Brooklyn. Believe me, it's well worth it. Great food, low prices, and a good atmosphere.

Place with the best food

Agree with the specific suggestions.

In Madrid, near Principe Pio metro station go to "Casa Mingo" they have a great asturian chicken with sidra bottles.

At night(only the locals know this place) go to "Melos" in Lavapiés, they have some kind of sandwich called zapatillas, is galician, delicious.

Place with the best food

If you want high end 4 and 5 star restaurants, no place on planet Earth can match Tokyo. Tokyo has more Michellin rated restaurants than Paris and NYC combined. Says it all. And the food for those of us not on exec package with unlimited resources, is to die for too.

You want real authentic French food? Forget Paris and all the overpriced French restaurants you find anywhere in the major cities. Come to the sout west of France, go to any auberge or taverne and have a delicious home made real food for dirt cheap with wine included. Specially around Agen, Perpignan, Perigueux, Pau. Food in south west France is simply divine yet affordable, contrary to main stream french restaurants elsewhere.

BKK is world class, specially the street food. The following list alone could last one a lifetime: http://migrationology.com/2010/03/100-be...ing-guide/

I also love arabic food, so anywhere I go, I look for an authentic middle eastern place, specially Palestinian food which is delicious. Afghani food is also absolutely ridiculously good, my favorite overall.

Place with the best food

I'm sorry, I know I'm going to get major shit for this, but I thought the food in Thailand wasn't that great.

First, let me say that I love Thai food, it's one of my favorite cuisines, but I feel like I've had as good or better Thai food in San Francisco and the D.C. area. Now I had good meals in Thailand, and I had maybe a couple meals that I would say were better than what I'd get in SF or D.C., but overall I was expecting my mind to be blown, and it wasn't. Street food is cheap, but can be hit or miss, I had some really nasty pad thai from street vendors that I didn't even finish.

I thought the food in Laos was waaaay better.

I'd say probably the best food I've had traveling was in the Turkish countryside, all the food is fresh made from scratch, and a lot of places, grow their own vegetables, make their own yougurt, bread, etc. As far as cities go, there is definitely good food in Istanbul.

The food in Iran is amazing, but I can't really recommend anyone go there to pick up and fuck women.

Jerk chicken in Jamaica is amazing.

Overall San Francisco, provides the best food experience IMO.

Place with the best food

Quote: (02-13-2012 10:35 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

If you want high end 4 and 5 star restaurants, no place on planet Earth can match Tokyo. Tokyo has more Michellin rated restaurants than Paris and NYC combined. Says it all. And the food for those of us not on exec package with unlimited resources, is to die for too.

Ever been to Kyoto?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/16...yoto_Japan

Japan is on another level. (Never been though).

It is widely accepted that Japan is doing the best food in the east (if not the world) and Spain is doing the best in the West.

Place with the best food

Spain for food? I thought it was bland, though paella is good.

Though Spain did have the world's top restaurant: http://www.theworlds50best.com/awards/1-...s/el-bulli

I think it's closed now.

Place with the best food

Mediterranean food is the best in the world hands down.Italian, French cuisines are top and Greek,Turkish, Spanish come close.If you want real food, tasty, with the best natural ingredients visit Mediterranean.Here food is regarded as pleasure not just a means to get calories to work as in germanic countries.

Place with the best food

If I HAD to pick just one city it would be New Orleans. Its just so unique and so complicated and just so damn good. Plus, unlike every other cuisine...you can only really get it in NO. Unlike French, Italian, etc. which can be good anywhere, you only get the Cajun/creole stuff there. There's really no imitation. The architecture, the Gulf Coast Shrimp, the history, the music, the heat, the spices, the courtyards...its all wrapped into the food and only in New Orleans. That s--- is magical.

Place with the best food

The real number 1 is a tie between NYC and Toronto because its the only place you can get all of the foods there pretty much are restaurant wise.

Place with the best food

This one is always debated heavily in the Hospitality press. Always difficult to pin it down to one country but from a context of fine dining and the upper end of the market then the following are to be considered:

Paris has a lot of michelin starred restaurants but it is restricted to French cuisine and traditions. The rest of France also has a huge culinary tradition and I would say that Lyon is the culinary capital of France over Paris any day of the week.

Tokyo also has a lot of michelin stars thanks to their culture of hard work and honour. Do not present a tip there as it is considered rude - they pride themselves on providing service to their customers there. I haven't been so I don't know any of the restaurants.

In Spain, Catalan is probably the place to go for food. El Bulli did indeed close but there are many good places there and 'Tickets' carries on Ferran Adria's legacy.

London has a fair share of michelin stars and the big sell there is the range of different cuisines available - There is a Thai michelin starred restaurant called Nahm for example.

Denmark has the current supposed No1. restaurant and it's called Noma (it's legit top 5 in the fine dining world - always a fierce debate on 'No1'). However, you have to go to Denmark to dine there and Roosh just wrote a book about the place.

NYC probably tops it for the States - I don't know enough about the scene there to comment. The French Laundry is considered one of the best places in the world and it's in CA.

Forget Canada. I live there so I can say that.

In general there are always going to be some good places wherever you go in the world but the ones I have mentioned are exceptional.

Place with the best food

Quote: (02-14-2012 03:32 AM)misterstir Wrote:  

The real number 1 is a tie between NYC and Toronto because its the only place you can get all of the foods there pretty much are restaurant wise.

What the hell does this mean?

Place with the best food

New York Seriously ???? I'm pretty sure they have really good restaurant but, the amount of disgusting restaurant I had eat there, it's no way a prospect for Best place in the world . You eat
way better in Miami .

Place with the best food

Quote: (02-14-2012 03:20 PM)Alfonzo Wrote:  

New York Seriously ???? I'm pretty sure they have really good restaurant but, the amount of disgusting restaurant I had eat there, it's no way a prospect for Best place in the world . You eat
way better in Miami .

We're talking about the best, not the average of the food in a city.

New York beats pretty much anywhere in the world when it comes to variety at the top end.

I'm thinking places like Le Bernardin, Sushi of Gari, Eleven Madison Park. Or any of the fifty-odd other Michelin rated restaurants in the city.

Add to that food from anywhere in the world, good and cheap fast-food options and you have a winner.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat