rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Combating the "wrist clutch and pull" cock block maneuver

Ok, this type of thing used to be really rare, and now I have experienced this multiple times in the past week, and about 6 times last night

I start talking to a girl, and out of nowhere a wild friend (not necessarily fat) appears, grabs the girl i was talking to by the wrist and disappears. the girl usually says that she has to talk to her friend and she will be back, but since i have not had enough time to build solid attraction, this rarely happens.

What can I do to reverse the wrist clutch and pull cock block maneuver, short of doing Judo?

this has happened to me a bunch. IMO. its the other girl being jealous that an awesome guy is talking to her friend and usually because they are her friend if you just started talking to her she will go with her friend because she obviously has something extremely important to tell her.

I would try to position yourself so that it is hard for the cockblock to grab, if you see the cockblock approach maybe try to say hi/involve her in the convo "oh hey you must be (girls) friend" and say something about how your girl said shes nice or is fun. Shed look like a real bitch to you and her friend if she pulled her away then.

If you're dancing try to be dancing with her (like her arms around you or something) it'd be weird for the girl to truly separate you without coming across as a cunt.

But yeah this happens so quickly its hard to react and a real piss-off. Worst comes to worst grab the cockblock and use Roosh's anti-cockblock line to destroy her.

The reality is this shit is just impossible to prepare for. Western gave good advice, but every time it happened to me, it happened so quick and unexpectedly that one second I was looking at my drink the next second I see the back of her head running away with her friend.

@Western, How are you going to get your arms around a girl you just met and are stil feeling out. The best advice is to be persistent if you see the girl later just resume where you were, eventually the cock blocker will be forced to confront you.

Isolate and change the scenery,,,, move to the dance floor, bar, outside. Take your pick. If she follows you her friends will see that and assume you are "acceptable".

When things like this happen I just laugh at the girl like "you seriously let that just happen? that's your friend?" - it's like a surprised "holy shit you are loser" kind of laugh - hard to describe. It's really how I feel most times when I'm out, dealing with drunken monkeys. Sometimes the girl comes back and apologizes.

I think straight up laughing at people when they act ridiculous is a very dominant thing to do, conveys a strong frame - like, "what you just did is not good." Frames are all about who's right basically.

In a case where the girl gets dragged away suddenly, your best bet is to react in a way that positions your frame as right, hers/the guy's as wrong. Gotta do it fast. Laughing like how I described is cool. Could also say, "Your boyfriend is mad WE'RE talking." Calls attention to the guy's insecurity, and makes her and I "naughty/in cahoots." Gotta be fast, and smile/laugh so you come off more dominant/unphased. It works a good amount but nothing's 100pct

Quote: (02-11-2012 01:38 PM)misterstir Wrote:  

The reality is this shit is just impossible to prepare for. Western gave good advice, but every time it happened to me, it happened so quick and unexpectedly that one second I was looking at my drink the next second I see the back of her head running away with her friend.

@Western, How are you going to get your arms around a girl you just met and are stil feeling out. The best advice is to be persistent if you see the girl later just resume where you were, eventually the cock blocker will be forced to confront you.

her arms around you would apply mostly to dancefloor situations, if you're dancing with her or grinding up on her youll have that kind of physical contact.

@Western
If a girl is grinding on you, then her friend wouldn't even try to drag her away because it would be too late, she would just tell her friend to fuck off at that point.

believe it or not i had a girl this past wednesday do this move while I was grinding with the friend. She just came up behind her grabbed her said someting and left.

Wow thats hella weird, a girl who her friend has so much influence imo there is nothing you could really do to stop such a cock block move other than confront the CB

off the top of my head

grab her other wrist. Say to target ironically "Does she have a leash for you too?"

To the cockblocker: "You're treating her, and me, like an object. Do you own her?"

I think Roosh nailed it when he said the best defense to a cockblocker is to embarrass women so much they never do it again. If ugly friend wants to do it she will. I have seen drag aways, fake dramas and my favourite is talking to a girl at the bar when the friend comes up and just pushes between the teo of you then turns her back. At this point you can either walk around and wait for the next cockblock or just announce loudly that one girl is nice but shame about her rude fat friend.

In this situation the cockblocker is rarely close enough for you to talk to her. So I'd talk to the target..

Me: "Wait wait, is that your mom?"

Girl: "My mom?"

Me: "Yeah your mom. Is she taking you away for punishment? Do you follow her orders and commands? It looks like she's the boss of you."

Sometimes it's enough to get her to stay to explain that she is indeed a woman who is independent, strong, and so on.

Not much you can do when solo. Now if you are with your boys, somebody is supposed to holla at the ringleader. It may be the fat chick or the driver of the car with the chicks (probably a fat driver too) but BY MANLAW RULE, one of your boys is supposed to keep the ringleader at bay until you get the phone number, etc.

I usually just charge it to the game. I might need to study up on Roosh's cockblock lines. What's that simple line? "Didn't your parents teach you how to act in social situations" or some shit like that

Quote: (02-11-2012 11:06 AM)Kid Strangelove Wrote:  

I start talking to a girl, and out of nowhere a wild friend (not necessarily fat) appears, grabs the girl i was talking to by the wrist and disappears.

There is a direct correlation between this type of behavior and the sh*ttier the bar.

Kill the problem at the core.

Go to higher end spots and this problem will disappear.