rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x


Greek islands data sheet

Greek islands data sheet

Thebowery depends on your preferences.

Mykonos has a highend party scene, is the most expensive, has lots of models and rich people and gays as well.

Santorini is considered a couples destination and is famous for views and sunsets but many reported that the more laidback vibe is better for pickup.

Mykonos and santorini are a short ferry ride away from eachother so definitely do those two together.

Rhodes has an old town and beaches and nightlife.
Skews a bit younger than the former two.

Crete is pretty big and would be better done with more time.

Ios and kos are teenage party destinations purely i think.

I havent done the last 3.

Id say do the first 3, itll give you a good spectrum of vibes from the high end to the sights to the partying.
Reply

Greek islands data sheet

Any updates on the best Greek Islands for 2017?

I've been looking into accommodation for July/August. I know, I know- peak season, but I was still surprised to find that most of the decent budget accommodation has been booked out a few months in advance. Even the popular hostels close to the action seem to be fully booked.

Is there still crazy parties happening in June/early July, especially on Ios, Mykonos, and Rhodes?

How does the nightlife work on these islands? Is all the nightlife concentrated in one place? Is there an entrance fee to the beach clubs? Are there popular bars and nightclubs around, or is most of the action centered around the beach?

Obviously, I've never been to the Greek Islands so have no idea about the set up, but I have been to a few famous party islands in Thailand, so comparisons to them would be helpful.
Reply

Greek islands data sheet

Go to Crete, more last minute accommodation options.
Reply

Greek islands data sheet

Adrenaline ive never been in June but some members have said its good too. Early july its already full season.

Check my post above yours for the overall vibe of each island.

In general the nightlife is in the main town while the beach spots are spread out.

Rhodos for example has nightlife in the main rhodos town which has a beach too, but the better beaches are near lindos ans faliraki ( you can take a bus to those beaches). Better as in more sandy and less windy btw. Crowd on city beach may be superior.

Mykonos has the bars in the main town as well, but the beach spots are further (paradise and nammos etc...) some of those are expensive. The beach spots there have night parties too. But overall id still stay in the main town there too.

Ios ive never been but its a younger crowd.
Reply

Greek islands data sheet

Has anyone been to Paros, Naxos or Milos recently that can give some general input on the island itself? Any nightlife scene going on in these locations?
Reply

Greek islands data sheet

Quote: (04-26-2017 04:30 AM)Strelka Wrote:  

Has anyone been to Paros, Naxos or Milos recently that can give some general input on the island itself? Any nightlife scene going on in these locations?

Only Paros might be good, the other two islands are for couples.
Reply

Greek islands data sheet

This movie is definitely fun to watch. It stars Peter Gallagher and Darryl Hannah (when she was in her prime). They play a couple who vacations in the Greek Islands. The man then hooks up with another female, and his girl friend is okay with it.

It's not the whole thing. It is just clips:






It even features a scene involving hot wax. This move is from 1982, so it was definitely pushing boundaries. I suspect it went "too far" and would be more popular today.

Is everybody really this uninhibited? It's no wonder the guy cheated.
Reply

Greek islands data sheet

I went to Rhodes/Kos over 15 years ago.

I was there in June and there were a lot of Scandinavians there and it was awesome, changed my life.

Kos I believe has a problem with refugees now, so that might be a no go area. This is the island where I got my first 3 some.

Rhodes was great and I highly recommend.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com
Reply

Greek islands data sheet

Thanks for the advice. Came across a comprehensive site on Greece - https://santorinidave.com/
Reply

Greek islands data sheet

Quote: (04-26-2017 02:16 AM)Beirut Wrote:  

Adrenaline ive never been in June but some members have said its good too. Early july its already full season.

Check my post above yours for the overall vibe of each island.

In general the nightlife is in the main town while the beach spots are spread out.

Rhodos for example has nightlife in the main rhodos town which has a beach too, but the better beaches are near lindos ans faliraki ( you can take a bus to those beaches). Better as in more sandy and less windy btw. Crowd on city beach may be superior.

Mykonos has the bars in the main town as well, but the beach spots are further (paradise and nammos etc...) some of those are expensive. The beach spots there have night parties too. But overall id still stay in the main town there too.

Ios ive never been but its a younger crowd.

Thanks, gives me a better idea. What about entrance fees to beach parties and clubs in the main town? Considering I plan to party every night, and need to keep within a budget, this is a fairly important factor.

Would you guys say partying on the Greek Islands is any different than any other island in the world as a solo traveler? As an Australian, I constantly hear Greece (and maybe Croatia) being hyped as THE place to be in the European summer, but maybe that's just because a lot of Aussies have European heritage. I've also read in a couple different blogs that even Mykonos, Ios etc are quiet compared to Spanish islands like Magaluf and Ibiza. I guess what I'm trying to ask is if my main goal is partying and collecting flags from loose women on holiday, would I miss out on much by sticking to closer/cheaper Asian islands such as Phi Phi, Koh Phangan, Bali, Boracay etc rather than going to islands in Europe?
Reply

Greek islands data sheet

I was only on Ios for a few days but it was absolutely filled with Aussies when I was there. Its a bit different to Koh Phangan just because of the nature/landscape, but the party crowd itself was very similar.

I don't think its worth your while flying all the way to Europe just to do the Greek islands, when you have Phi Phi etc so closeby for some island/beach partying. But if you have another reason to be in Europe, and you're here to visit a few places, then you could definitely check them out for a week while you're here.
Reply

Greek islands data sheet

Quote: (04-27-2017 10:53 PM)Adrenaline Wrote:  

Quote: (04-26-2017 02:16 AM)Beirut Wrote:  

Adrenaline ive never been in June but some members have said its good too. Early july its already full season.

Check my post above yours for the overall vibe of each island.

In general the nightlife is in the main town while the beach spots are spread out.

Rhodos for example has nightlife in the main rhodos town which has a beach too, but the better beaches are near lindos ans faliraki ( you can take a bus to those beaches). Better as in more sandy and less windy btw. Crowd on city beach may be superior.

Mykonos has the bars in the main town as well, but the beach spots are further (paradise and nammos etc...) some of those are expensive. The beach spots there have night parties too. But overall id still stay in the main town there too.

Ios ive never been but its a younger crowd.

Thanks, gives me a better idea. What about entrance fees to beach parties and clubs in the main town? Considering I plan to party every night, and need to keep within a budget, this is a fairly important factor.

Would you guys say partying on the Greek Islands is any different than any other island in the world as a solo traveler? As an Australian, I constantly hear Greece (and maybe Croatia) being hyped as THE place to be in the European summer, but maybe that's just because a lot of Aussies have European heritage. I've also read in a couple different blogs that even Mykonos, Ios etc are quiet compared to Spanish islands like Magaluf and Ibiza. I guess what I'm trying to ask is if my main goal is partying and collecting flags from loose women on holiday, would I miss out on much by sticking to closer/cheaper Asian islands such as Phi Phi, Koh Phangan, Bali, Boracay etc rather than going to islands in Europe?
Its been a few years but Rhodos was cheap to party in. Mykonos i was with old ballers and it was crazy expensive because they rolled like that and kept going to the high end places with bottles every day/night.
Whether its worth it depends on you really.

Here is the blueprint of how your days will go:

You wake up, go to the beach. Until 4-5 pm people will be lazying on chairs or on the sand. Groups of girls, boys, mixed, mostly from europe.

At around 5 the beach bars will probably start some sort of beach party, people start dancing/drinking (in some places that starts from the morning).

After that you go rest then hit the town for dinner. Most places will have an old or main town which will be quite nice. Rhodos has an old town and castle and main square there, Mykonos town is pretty cool in the night, Santorini has amazing scenery, etc....

After that you will go drink/dance.

Rinse and repeat. Depending on which island youre on you will have sights and other towns to visit if youre into that.
Reply

Greek islands data sheet

Quote: (04-29-2017 06:54 AM)Beirut Wrote:  

Quote: (04-27-2017 10:53 PM)Adrenaline Wrote:  

Quote: (04-26-2017 02:16 AM)Beirut Wrote:  

Adrenaline ive never been in June but some members have said its good too. Early july its already full season.

Check my post above yours for the overall vibe of each island.

In general the nightlife is in the main town while the beach spots are spread out.

Rhodos for example has nightlife in the main rhodos town which has a beach too, but the better beaches are near lindos ans faliraki ( you can take a bus to those beaches). Better as in more sandy and less windy btw. Crowd on city beach may be superior.

Mykonos has the bars in the main town as well, but the beach spots are further (paradise and nammos etc...) some of those are expensive. The beach spots there have night parties too. But overall id still stay in the main town there too.

Ios ive never been but its a younger crowd.

Thanks, gives me a better idea. What about entrance fees to beach parties and clubs in the main town? Considering I plan to party every night, and need to keep within a budget, this is a fairly important factor.

Would you guys say partying on the Greek Islands is any different than any other island in the world as a solo traveler? As an Australian, I constantly hear Greece (and maybe Croatia) being hyped as THE place to be in the European summer, but maybe that's just because a lot of Aussies have European heritage. I've also read in a couple different blogs that even Mykonos, Ios etc are quiet compared to Spanish islands like Magaluf and Ibiza. I guess what I'm trying to ask is if my main goal is partying and collecting flags from loose women on holiday, would I miss out on much by sticking to closer/cheaper Asian islands such as Phi Phi, Koh Phangan, Bali, Boracay etc rather than going to islands in Europe?
Its been a few years but Rhodos was cheap to party in. Mykonos i was with old ballers and it was crazy expensive because they rolled like that and kept going to the high end places with bottles every day/night.
Whether its worth it depends on you really.

Here is the blueprint of how your days will go:

You wake up, go to the beach. Until 4-5 pm people will be lazying on chairs or on the sand. Groups of girls, boys, mixed, mostly from europe.

At around 5 the beach bars will probably start some sort of beach party, people start dancing/drinking (in some places that starts from the morning).

After that you go rest then hit the town for dinner. Most places will have an old or main town which will be quite nice. Rhodos has an old town and castle and main square there, Mykonos town is pretty cool in the night, Santorini has amazing scenery, etc....

After that you will go drink/dance.

Rinse and repeat. Depending on which island youre on you will have sights and other towns to visit if youre into that.

Great info, I'll be staying in Rhodos Town from June 25th to July 1st if anyone is around
Reply

Greek islands data sheet

I'll be there (Rhodes) from June 19-26. Hit me up!
Reply

Greek islands data sheet

I've been in Crete and Santorini for the last 10 days with my girl. Feel free to PM me for any questions about these places. Yamas!

- Clint Barton
Reply

Greek islands data sheet

Quote: (04-26-2017 04:30 AM)Strelka Wrote:  

Has anyone been to Paros, Naxos or Milos recently that can give some general input on the island itself? Any nightlife scene going on in these locations?

I went to all for 15 days last summer. I haven't seen anything fancy in those islands. Average islands.
Reply

Greek islands data sheet

Anybody in Rhodes?
Reply

Greek islands data sheet

I 've spent three months in Rhodes a few years ago. The scene in Rhodes has been more or less the same over the last decades. Many Scandinavians in the town and young chavs in Faliraki. People from all over the world visit Rhodes. Many Russians as well.

Stick to the town of Rhodes / Old Town for nightlife. Some nice beaches around the island. Faliraki is bad for nightlife, but the beach is good. Visit Lindos and the 'Valley of Butterflies.'

Rhodes is one the best Greek islands with great medieval atmosphere. Enjoy!
Reply

Greek islands data sheet

Really informative thread. Been to Malia for 2 weeks for a Club 18-30 holiday with 60 other people for an end of high school holiday (mixed group) a few years ago and had a decent time but wouldn't do it again due to it being Mostly brits and few Northern/Eastern Europeans. That was before knowing game that well though. Going to go to Santorini for a trip then Islands with non British girls over the next year or two.
Reply

Greek islands data sheet

Beirut speaks the truth, both islands are beautiful and fun with distinct personalities.

Mykonos party scene has its own rhythm: day clubs run from 4-9PM, slow down a few hours for dinner and naps, then night clubs run from 1AM til sunrise. Best day clubs are Nammos every day and Scorpios Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday, best nightclubs are all over the old town and out in Paradise Beach like Cavo Paradiso. Highly recommend renting an ATV to get around to all the beaches and smaller villages.

Santorini is much more of a romantic couples place, do a sunset cruise and wine tour to get the best views. most places close at midnight.


Quote: (04-14-2017 12:16 PM)Beirut Wrote:  

Thebowery depends on your preferences.

Mykonos has a highend party scene, is the most expensive, has lots of models and rich people and gays as well.

Santorini is considered a couples destination and is famous for views and sunsets but many reported that the more laidback vibe is better for pickup.

Mykonos and santorini are a short ferry ride away from eachother so definitely do those two together.

Rhodes has an old town and beaches and nightlife.
Skews a bit younger than the former two.

Crete is pretty big and would be better done with more time.

Ios and kos are teenage party destinations purely i think.

I havent done the last 3.

Id say do the first 3, itll give you a good spectrum of vibes from the high end to the sights to the partying.
Reply

Greek islands data sheet

http://news.sky.com/story/british-man-ch...t-10940759

Laganas in Greece is to be avoided like the plague. An American tourist was murdered last night.

http://www.protothema.gr/greece/article/...ou-lagana/

Avoid Malia as well, where, as I heard from a local, a few years ago, wasted Brits slept in the garbage and were dismembered alive in the garbage trucks.
Reply

Greek islands data sheet

What time of year do these places die down? I was planning on going in September
Reply

Greek islands data sheet

By the end of September they are finished.

If you fancy this kind of places, better head to Faliraki in Rhodes. Its the less filthy and you have Rhodes town as an alternative, in case you freak out.
Reply

Greek islands data sheet

I wouldnt choose faliraki in rhodes. Its thr british hub. Rhodes town is much better. The beach is nicer in faliraki and lindos but in everything else rhodes town wins. Better to stay there and hit the eastern beaches by bus some days.
Reply

Greek islands data sheet

Quote: (07-07-2017 12:58 PM)threeofdiamonds Wrote:  

What time of year do these places die down? I was planning on going in September

I think September is perfect time to go. During summer, it's impossible to move in those small islands, if you're going to Mykonos or Santorini.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)